• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To get this thread moving, how would you guys rate Shulk's tier in the game?
Hard to say what tier he would be in until we see him in action. I'll still play as him, even if he is the worst character in the game (but god forbid that he's worse than Pichu and Brawl Ganondorf).

Do you guys see Shulk as mainly a starting or secret character?

Sorry if this was asked already.
I can see him be a starting character or a secret character. It could go either way. I hope that he's a starter because I want to play as him immediately!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Personally i would be happy if Solfiners stops, this is a Nintendo forum, not-Nintendo fans have no place here. Anyway im just going to pretend that he does not exist at all.
Honestly, only 4 of the newcomers are from unrepresented Nintendo series, and that is not enough for me.
Lucina, Rosalina, Palutena... Over-representing series... Despite the support that those characters have and the game play innovations that offer, i would replace any of those 3 Characters for others, one of them, Shulk.
I just want more characters from unrepresented franchises, Smash 4 is going to disapoint me in gameplay most likely...
Lets see if they can atleast bring 3 more characters from not represented series.
No. Just get out. I'm done dealing with your ****. Stop harassing Solfiner. Stop harassing this thread. You are not ****ing welcome here. Get out. Now.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Personally i would be happy if Solfiners stops, this is a Nintendo forum, not-Nintendo fans have no place here. Anyway im just going to pretend that he does not exist at all.
Honestly, only 4 of the newcomers are from unrepresented Nintendo series, and that is not enough for me.
Lucina, Rosalina, Palutena... Over-representing series... Despite the support that those characters have and the game play innovations that offer, i would replace any of those 3 Characters for others, one of them, Shulk.
I just want more characters from unrepresented franchises, Smash 4 is going to disapoint me in gameplay most likely...
Lets see if they can atleast bring 3 more characters from not represented series.
The irony in this post. Have fun with the mods for flame baiting.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
If Shulk gets a trailer (which he probably would since he's so requested) he'll probably be on the starting roster. They generally don't announce characters and make them secret. The exceptions this time around being Luigi (Sakurai specifically mentioned this on Miiverse) and third party characters (if Brawl is anything to go by).

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
No. Just get out. I'm done dealing with your ****. Stop harassing Solfiner. Stop harassing this thread. You are not ****ing welcome here. Get out. Now.
Im here since way... way... way... before Shulks Summer. You new people, are not going to tell me what to do.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know, would've been better for everyone if you did that hours ago. You were the one dragging this out.
Reported, and ignored. I don't want to hear anything else out of your loud yapper.
Oh, one more thing actually.
Im here since way... way... way... before Shulks Summer. You new people, are not going to tell me what to do.
Being on this site for a while is not superior to using common sense. I hope you have a good day despite the rough time you'll get from the mods.

Last edited:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477
The irony in this post. Have fun with the mods for flame baiting.
It's like he doesn't know when to stop,all we can do is report him and hope that he gets banned from Smash Boards. As for today i think i'll just take a break,get all that has transpired here out of my head.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
All you're doing is harassing Solfiner and starting unnecessary drama. Seriously. Just ****ing stop it. We were having a perfectly pleasant time in here until you came and ruined it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You know, would've been better for everyone if you did that hours ago. You were the one dragging this out.
Reported, and ignored. I don't want to hear anything else out of your loud yapper.
Let's drink some good 'ol titan tea to that gentlemen.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't quite remember you and I've been here for a while...
But in all due respect, seniority means nothing, especially when you attack people who have done nothing wrong, honestly.
And, no, flame baiting is not tolerated, a mod should be here shortly, so I suggest you play nice, or leave the thread, again, with all due respect.

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Then why do you not have an icon yet old man?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You can't force me to not block you though. *blocked*
See, until today, I didn't even know that guy was still posting. Then again, I'm fairly trigger-happy with my ignore button, and first impressions are always super-important to me.

Everybody gets one chance to explain themselves. But if they fail...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Dang, that ignore button's some powerful stuff. I can't even tell if you guys are quoting him or not. It's like he's just disappeared from the site and you guys are screaming at his ghost.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dang, that ignore button's some powerful stuff. I can't even tell if you guys are quoting him or not. It's like he's just disappeared from the site and you guys are screaming at his ghost.
Man, the ignore button alters reality as we know it. People just flatout disappear.

I once had the TC of this thread ignored, but then realized I couldn't see the thread. Oh Subforum, where art thou...

Anyway, so that Shulk.

One thing I've been wondering and I forget if we've talked about it: Solid choices for an Up-B? Anything I can think of just doesn't sound right. (Although I did like that Cyclone idea where it could charge and topple everyone around you. Less vertical recovery though.)

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
It is especially funny when you have just quotes of an blocked user in your post. Basically, it looks like you've just posted nothing at all.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Man, the ignore button alters reality as we know it. People just flatout disappear.

I once had the TC of this thread ignored, but then realized I couldn't see the thread. Oh Subforum, where art thou...

Anyway, so that Shulk.

One thing I've been wondering and I forget if we've talked about it: Solid choices for an Up-B? Anything I can think of just doesn't sound right. (Although I did like that Cyclone idea where it could charge and topple everyone around you. Less vertical recovery though.)
The Subforum ain't here yet, sadly. I cannot yet corrupt bless the world with my Touhou/Xenoblade Fanfiction. Now with real Monado action!
But seriously. That's so Shulk.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Anyway, so that Shulk.

Can someone tell him about my Monado speed idea? I really need to go sleep.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Subforum ain't here yet, sadly. I cannot yet corrupt bless the world with my Touhou/Xenoblade Fanfiction. Now with real Monado action!
But seriously. That's so Shulk.
I feel no shame in that I'm actually even more excited for that thread's existence than I am for Shulk's reveal. C'mon, Sakurai...

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
We're so close to 300 pages. C'mon bronados, we can hit 300 by the end of the night! And soon we'll take over even the mighty K Rool, so watcha gonna do Kremlings when Shulkamania runs wild on you, brother! (someone find that edit of Hulk Hogan with Shulk's head) also, no harm K Rool fans, I really want him in too...

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Well, there is one good thing that came out of [Obvious Troll is Obvious as well as Ignorant]. We're now almost at 300 pages! Congrats, guys! Not you, troll. Though I can't see you.
Edit: DANGIT MEGA. Why'd you have to :4greninja: me?!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No, see, Raetah was really just stirring up **** to help us reach our 300 page goal! Thanks Raetah!

I've lost Takamaru, so Shulk is officially my second most wanted.
Sigh...

Honestly the first disconfirmation this game that mattered to me. :sadsheep:

But we will carry on! At least the ATs get alot of fan spotlight too! Mac and Takamaru will finally be on screen together outside of Captain Rainbow.

Plus I can draw Takamaru dueling Shulk and have the best time. That's a joke though, I can't actually draw ****.

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
I want to believe Shulk will get a reveal trailer for next PotD if we hit 300. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
No, see, Raetah was really just stirring up **** to help us reach our 300 page goal! Thanks Raetah!
Raetah was... a true patriot.

Also, I'm now referring the Shulk hype as Shulkamania and everyone here Shulkamaniacs. Since it fits so well (also Dittson being Hulk Hogan helps too)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Also, I'm now referring the Shulk hype as Shulkamania and everyone here Shulkamaniacs. Since it fits so well (also Dittson being Hulk Hogan helps too)
Based God Dittson. I cant sleep so this is the s**t I come up with.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I suppose this is the time to post this again.
upload_2014-7-28_20-26-9.jpeg

Everest

Smash Cadet
This thread is a bit creepy with all those ditto looking at me and dancing with a Dickson face, but whatever, I'm joining it anyway to give all my support to Shulk and his glorious Monado !

I just hope I won't be another crying smasher when Sakurai will happilly write on Miiverse : "BTW as you can see Shulk is a perfect AT"

Edit : geez this guy is so disturbing even is name is censored

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Do you guys see Shulk as mainly a starting or secret character?

Sorry if this was asked already.
Hmm...I could honestly see it going both ways. On one hand, Shulk as a starter would make people more aware of xenoblade quicker, but if he is a hidden character, perhaps it would be because xenoblade chronicles is just starting as a series.

Also, just noticed that the loading icon is the smash symbol. Neat.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

Anyway, so that Shulk.

I went with Monado Purge in my move set. Shulk jumps, swings his sword and sends out a green wave forward.

On another note, I just got back from the explosion that is the rumors and leaks thread. Seems like this "five stance Shulk" got slightly more likely. Someone suggested it may be Shulk switching party members that assist him, which would be pretty cool although I doubt thats it. Still makes no sense.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom