• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Maybe one of Shulk's taunts could be "Pesky thing!" But without actually doing Shaker Edge xD

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Maybe a similar idea has come up, but I was thinking of a Final Smash right? Sort of spoilerish?

Shulk can see the future right? So what if when you activate the final Smash, Shulk sees a vision of the future.
How would that work you say? What if for the next 5 seconds, you become invincible(Like PIt's FS in Brawl) After the 5 seconds are up, everything that happened in those 5 seconds happen again, but in slow motion, so you can like plan out a strategy or something? it sounds weak but if used right it could be deadly. (Note the other players can't move when everything is in slow motion

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Man, if it isn't Shulk who gets revealed on Monday... I'm gonna feel really bad for you guys XD

That said, all signs would seem to point to Shulk, and even if it isn't him, it's nearly all but confirmed that he's in anyways, so.... congrats either way! Must be nice to have one of your most wanted so close to being confirmed... must be nice... *wistful sigh* :p

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Man, if it isn't Shulk who gets revealed on Monday... I'm gonna feel really bad for you guys XD

That said, all signs would seem to point to Shulk, and even if it isn't him, it's nearly all but confirmed that he's in anyways, so.... congrats either way! Must be nice to have one of your most wanted so close to being confirmed... must be nice... *wistful sigh* :p
sees vatti on your character list you sir have good taste

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

*tries to imagine Shulk in glorious HD*

...Don't talk to me. I'm trying to savor the moment when it comes.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I recently started watching a Xenoblade playthrough to get me hyped for Shulk. Let's just say that when I get to see Shulk in HD I will be fangirling so hard!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
sees vatti on your character list you sir have good taste
*tips hat* Thank you, good sir!

So, not sure if this has been proposed in this thread before, but how 'bout for an alt. costume, Shulk uses one o' those Oil armors... because oil is so good for... defense... amongst other things >_> 10/10wouldmainShulkifhewascoveredinoil*cough*

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could start listening to Xenoblade songs on YouTube and the time would just slip away.

The battle tunes are brilliant but the environment music is just magical. I get warm feelings whenever I listen to Satorl Marsh (Night) or Frontier Village (Day).

Last edited:

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Oh look what I found

http://themudkipman.tumblr.com/post/79471220605/looks-like-shulk-is-in-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-neat

Kinda skeptical, though, seeing as how he's wearing goggles while also wearing his default attire. I'd expect him to wear goggles and some different clothes as some alternate costume.
Saw that a couple of weeks ago and flipped my lid. Guess it happened after the Palutena leak and the Chrom leak.
There was even one of Luigi fighting a Mewtwo on the Dr. Wiley's Castle stage in the Wii U build ... not sure I believe it but yeah ... there is either a leaky faucet or some skilled/bored/artistic folks are bored and heartless haha.

Seriously can't wait until Monday morning now. Gonna have to wake up early and make myself a nice breakfast to sit down and watch this with.
#MonadoMonday will be glorious haha

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Saw that a couple of weeks ago and flipped my lid. Guess it happened after the Palutena leak and the Chrom leak.
There was even one of Luigi fighting a Mewtwo on the Dr. Wiley's Castle stage in the Wii U build ... not sure I believe it but yeah ... there is either a leaky faucet or some skilled/bored/artistic folks are bored and heartless haha.

Seriously can't wait until Monday morning now. Gonna have to wake up early and make myself a nice breakfast to sit down and watch this with.
#MonadoMonday will be glorious haha
*points to @ MASTERLINKX MASTERLINKX 's post*

Seriously, we just need to focus on Monday. These leaked photos have been proven fake.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
MonadoMonday hype still lives! I hope to god that he is revealed on monday

Whit

Smash Journeyman

It is really nice... like really really nice! It makes me so happy I feel like I might explode come MonadoMonday!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well since we really don't need to have a "Who's going to main Shulk?" thread, I'll just go ahead and ask right here...are you planning to main Shulk? Secondary? Or are you just excited to have him in the game?

As I've stated before, Shulk is going to be my main alongside Ike. Good character or not, I'll make the most out of what I can with all the other Xenobrothers of the Bronado.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Well since we really don't need to have a "Who's going to main Shulk?" thread, I'll just go ahead and ask right here...are you planning to main Shulk? Secondary? Or are you just excited to have him in the game?

As I've stated before, Shulk is going to be my main alongside Ike. Good character or not, I'll make the most out of what I can with all the other Xenobrothers of the Bronado.
Main main main main. I don't care if he is the worst character in the game tier-wise, I wanna main.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm planning to main Shulk and Greninja. No doubt about it. And between those two, I'll likely prioritize Shulk.

D

Deleted member

I don't care if Shulk is the best character or the worst character in the game. I've already planned that he is going to be my second main. (my first main is going to be Luigi as always)

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I can picture Moday's reveal now. Someone in the shadows holds a long glowing object with a round light in the middle. Could it be the Monado? Is Shulk confirmed?

Nope, it's Chrom holding the Falchion.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Main main main main. I don't care if he is the worst character in the game tier-wise, I wanna main.
I'm confident he won't end up being the worst character, but I get your point and I'm with you on that.

I'm planning to main Shulk and Greninja. No doubt about it. And between those two, I'll likely prioritize Shulk.
Yeah, I'll likely be prioritizing Shulk over Ike myself.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
MonadoMonday hype still lives! I hope to god that he is revealed on monday
There's a scene I remember from a Simpsons treehouse of horror episode where the earth is doomed and the most important people are evacuating the planet. Homer and Bart stow away on one of the spaceships but it turns out it's full of annoying celebrities singing annoying songs, so they eject themselves. Then said celebrities crash into the sun.

We're the annoying celebrities singing about Shulk.
The sun is Monday.
Homer and Bart are last minute Shulk deserters.

We need a gif.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I will main Shulk, don't care if he's the worst or the best character too.
He will probably be my secondary, since I would really like to main Bowser this time, since he is finally faster to play. Hate playing super-slow characters; I like more balanced ones.

EDIT: Speaking of character speed, how do you think will Shulk play? Faster, slower, lightweight, heavyweight, strong smashes, fast smashes, good aerials, bad aerials...

I think Shulk will be a medium-fast middleweight character with stronger, but slower smashes and great aerials. His different Monado arts could also make him a more control-based character. I am so excited to see how he plays!

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Time for one of my favorite overused Xenoblade jokes.

If Shulk isn't revealed on Monado Monday, it would be a... tragic decision.

Anyone else wish that song played more often? Its almost under appreciated as a result since hardly anyone hears it without delving deep into the game as well as gets overshadowed by the typical tracks.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I will main Shulk, don't care if he's the worst or the best character too.
He will probably be my secondary, since I would really like to main Bowser this time, since he is finally faster to play. Hate playing super-slow characters; I like more balanced ones.
I rep based off of franchise love (Fire Emblem, LoZ, Star Fox, Kid Icarus and Mario). Since Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo franchise in Smash, they always get the main slot (don't mind my character icons, I just use them to showcase my favorite franchises :p). With Xenoblade stepping in Shulk can step in as main. Ike for FE, Ganon for LoZ, and Falco/Wolf for Star Fox, Palutena for Kid Icarus and Bowser for Mario. I'll probably have to limit my secondaries...but I fanboy too hard :laugh:

Time for one of my favorite overused Xenoblade jokes.

If Shulk isn't revealed on Monado Monday, it would be a... tragic decision.

Anyone else wish that song played more often? Its almost under appreciated as a result since hardly anyone hears it without delving deep into the game as well as gets overshadowed by the typical tracks.
'Tis true. Luckily, Youtube is always here to save the day :)

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I can picture Moday's reveal now. Someone in the shadows holds a long glowing object with a round light in the middle. Could it be the Monado? Is Shulk confirmed?

Ha. It's funny because I always thought exalted falchion looked slightly like the monado. Sorryfordoublepostnotusedtophoneohgoddontkillme.

D

Deleted member

Ha. It's funny because I always thought exalted falchion looked slightly like the monado. Sorryfordoublepostnotusedtophoneohgoddontkillme.
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one. When I first saw the Exalted Falchion, I immediately thought of the Monado.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
WATCH OUT! FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING AND XENOBLADE CHRONICLES SPOILERS!

And both swords slayed a god in their respective games! Although the Exalted Falchion can't kill Grima, he can only kill himself by suicide... which happened in the "sacrifice" ending because of time paradox. But hey, Falchy is still useful for weakening Grima.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey add me to the support list? I've been a supporter since before Smash 4 was announced! I mained Falcon in brawl despite him being bad, so Shulk is my sure-fire main now :]

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
24 hours left. Normally I'd say it's gonna be a long wait, but World Cup Final is today and I'm looking more forward to that anyway. Not that I'm NOT excited to see Shulk, though! A character announcement after World Cup final and some EVO finals? Good day for me!

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Argh.
How am I going to wait an entire 24 hours?
At least I feel pretty good that it's Shulk this time.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Oh, and I'm going to be pretty indifferent to Shulk's place tier-wise, unless he's somehow Brawl Ganondorf levels of awful (though I seriously doubt he'd be that bad). I'm definitely trying him out, though I don't know if he'll be my first main. From the demo at Best Buy, I might try Greninja out first. I really liked how he played. That, and Mr. Ninja Frog is one of my favorite Pokemon along with Mr. Aura Dog.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Really hoping Shulk is announced tomorrow, if the only valid possibilities are the characters leaked by Gematsu (otherwise I would hope for Ridley ^^). I am curious as to how his gameplay mechanics will work (with the Monado and all). Plus, while I like am fine with the Chorus Kid being in Smash, revealing it tomorrow wouldn't be that exciting. As for Chrom, well, revealing him tomorrow would be the ultimate hype killer. So yeah, give us Shulk!
That, and Mr. Ninja Frog is one of my favorite Pokemon along with Mr. Aura Dog.
"Mr. Ninja Frog" is not male, though or at least that was never confirmed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom