• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, you guys are getting just a little too puffed up around here... *hides needle*
Well, I think it's just that people have started to realise just how close we are starting to get to a playable Shulk in smash. Sure, many are expecting him for monday but at the same time I think alot of people have just started to expect him in general.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Probably just for more hype than there already is *shrugs*

People are just excited man. Let them live a little :) Although in most cases in Smash, people do get super hyped just to be disappointed, but that's generally when they spawn all sorts of theories out basically nothing.

That being said, in the event that Shulk doesn't get announced, I really hope that people don't come in here just to cause trouble. That's what worries me most if anything at all.

@Goesasu - Hype so strong that it summoned you out of lurking, huh? Noice!
I don't want people to get so excited and then it doesn't happen. That's what Im worried about.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is so exciting. Smashboards is the reason I went out and bought Xenoblade. If all goes to plan, he's finally arrived.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Honestly, I'd love to sport a Shulk avatar for more support, but most of the ones I'd use are already taken. Like, @Xenoblaze's is awesome.

I don't want people to get so excited and then it doesn't happen. That's what Im worried about.
Ah, I see. I'm honestly used to seeing the ****storm that the forums go into after something like that happens. But this time, idk..I just feel like things are actually shaping up to be a Shulk reveal with what we've been seeing. Not 100% certain, no one should be, but definitely probable compared to others.

Even if we don't get #MonadoMonday (not to take away from #MonadoMonday because I love it), Shulk supporters still shouldn't feel down since it's virtually confirmed at this point that he's making the final roster.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And so, this coming monday shall be forever known as MonadoMonday, even if Shulk isn't revealed.
I'm listening to this:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly, every Monday should be #MonadoMonday. For eternity. There's no turning back.
Sounds like a good day to post a "Shulk video of the week" in his subforum. Combo video, machinima, what have you.

Hell yeah.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I dub this the MonadoMillennium.
Or to shorten things, "Monadonium".

On another note, having Xenoblade music in rotation is just getting me more excited to play on a Xenoblade stage. I kid you not when I say that it will easily be my most frequented stage. That's one stage that will definitely not need personal hacks for music (unless your favorite song somehow doesn't make the cut I guess...)

@ Banjodorf Banjodorf - I'm so with you on that man.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Honestly, I'd love to sport a Shulk avatar for more support, but most of the ones I'd use are already taken. Like, @Xenoblaze's is awesome.

Ah, I see. I'm honestly used to seeing the ****storm that the forums go into after something like that happens. But this time, idk..I just feel like things are actually shaping up to be a Shulk reveal with what we've been seeing. Not 100% certain, no one should be, but definitely probable compared to others.

Even if we don't get #MonadoMonday (not to take away from #MonadoMonday because I love it), Shulk supporters still shouldn't feel down since it's virtually confirmed at this point that he's making the final roster.
I see. Very sorry for sounding so rude.

ThomasTerminator

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
I say that us supporters should get a special Xenoblade related badge for SmashBoards (especially SmashChu and BluePikmin) as a token for our efforts to supporting Shulk.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I see. Very sorry for sounding so rude.
Nah, no hard feelings at all. You didn't come across as being rude, at least imo. Any side comments I made were in no way directed at you personally, more so, just in general addressing reasons as to why people could/should have something to be excited about in the first place :)

@ ThomasTerminator ThomasTerminator - Ha ha, would be nice, and you could easily be joking, but of course that definitely won't happen. If one character gets a badge, every character would have to get a badge. Plus, we'd have people in here claiming they supported Shulk just for the badge :laugh:

Perfectly fine with just having his icon by my other character icons...Or background, however they end up doing things. Lol.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would gladly help some of you with making those Shulk threads in the future by the way!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Man, it's look like I will be playing all the Sword users! the more Sword users the better!...I don't like Shulk design that much but I'm in love with the Monado! and I don't mind Shulk if the Monado is with him :p....

ThomasTerminator

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Nah, no hard feelings at all. You didn't come across as being rude, at least imo. Any side comments I made were in no way directed at you personally, more so, just in general addressing reasons as to why people could/should have something to be excited about in the first place :)

@ ThomasTerminator ThomasTerminator - Ha ha, would be nice, and you could easily be joking, but of course that definitely won't happen. If one character gets a badge, every character would have to get a badge. Plus, we'd have people in here claiming they supported Shulk just for the badge :laugh:

Perfectly fine with just having his icon by my other character icons...Or background, however they end up doing things. Lol.
That is true.

I'll just make a sig then XD It'll probably be a similar design of my avatar, but more Shulk and less Terminator Train. :) xD

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I would gladly help some of you with making those Shulk threads in the future by the way!
"in the future"...ha, I smirked since this is a discussion about Shulk :p

But all that sounds good. I'm beyond excited to get things up and running with everyone. Generally, the hype is around for a couple days after a character is announced, then numbers in the forum dwindles, and things get rather dry. As someone who plans on having Shulk as a main, regardless of how he ends up, expecting to see me around there daily. Hope everyone keeps the activity rolling along smoothly.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
"in the future"...ha, I smirked since this is a discussion about Shulk :p

But all that sounds good. I'm beyond excited to get things up and running with everyone. Generally, the hype is around for a couple days after a character is announced, then numbers in the forum dwindles, and things get rather dry. As someone who plans on having Shulk as a main, regardless of how he ends up, expecting to see me around there daily. Hope everyone keeps the activity rolling along smoothly.
Haha, didn't even notice that myself. And yeah, I would be really sad if everyone just bailed when he is finally announced, since I have met so many cool people here!

Really hope HD Shulk looks good, these eyes scare me.
Dunban is really confused.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I wonder what he'd look like in HD. I bet he'd be pretty.
Ha ha, if he's "pretty", I'm sure he'll get even more people wanting to use him. Hell, I remember when Ike got revealed, so many people said they'd use him just because of his looks and design.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Occasionally I love listening to the entire soundtrack in sequence whilst I'm animating. It's great because you have a load of really quite relaxed tracks and then suddenly MECHANICAL RHYTHM or one of the boss themes just roars in. It's incredible just how much diversity there is in this soundtrack.

Gosh this prospect is making me so giddy but alas we must wait a weekend. I haven't wanted a character this much since Sonic in Brawl, and now all the pieces are coming to suggest that this is becoming a reality.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Occasionally I love listening to the entire soundtrack in sequence whilst I'm animating. It's great because you have a load of really quite relaxed tracks and then suddenly MECHANICAL RHYTHM or one of the boss themes just roars in. It's incredible just how much diversity there is in this soundtrack.

Gosh this prospect is making me so giddy but alas we must wait a weekend. I haven't wanted a character this much since Sonic in Brawl, and now all the pieces are coming to suggest that this is becoming a reality.
You're not alone with your feelings. I'm sitting here daydreaming about his palette swaps, victory quotes/songs, taunts...everything.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I must remember that I am calm and rational. If Shulk doesn't make it in the game, then I will accept what I've been given.

-Twitches-

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
as long as we get Reki theme in I'm happy because we all know he's the true heropon here

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I must remember that I am calm and rational. If Shulk doesn't make it in the game, then I will accept what I've been given.

-Twitches-
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I'm throwing all mellow, chill, relaxed, sane, rational, level-headed, etc feelings out of my being.
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I will barely show traits that are considered human.
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I will truly be alive.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I'm throwing all mellow, chill, relaxed, sane, rational, level-headed, etc feelings out of my being.
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I will barely show traits that are considered human.
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I will truly be alive.
Come #MonadoMonday morning, I will die.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Looking forward to what could become #MonadoMonday.

I think Sakurai might want to introduce him on his own in order to give a quick back story on the character to those who aren't aware of him [though if folks are following smash close enough to be on their website, chances are they know of Xenoblade and Shulk].

The Monado is def one of my favorite video game weapons and really hope to use it in Smash.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Sign me up for the supporter list! Never played xenoblade, but if he revealed Monday, then HYPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom