• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the record, a three minute trailer for a newcomer isn't new. Palutena's trailer actually had the same amount of time too.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can try to make my friend who has supported Shulk for a long time make an account just to become a supporter tomorrow.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
So, I really should make a time-zone chart for everyone now.
PST 7AM
MST 8AM
CST 9AM
EST 10AM

BST 3PM
CEST 4PM
EEST 5PM

...Man, this is confusing. I hope this is enough lol. I really had to stop at Asia since it gets crazy confusing. Sorry D:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, I really should make a time-zone chart for everyone now.
PST 7AM
MST 8AM
CST 9AM
EST 10AM

BST 3PM
CEST 4PM
EEST 5PM

...Man, this is confusing. I hope this is enough lol. I really had to stop at Asia since it gets crazy confusing. Sorry D:
Man, I hate Time Zones. Thankfully Sakurai already said that it will begin 4PM Central Europe time, which is precisely my zone.
A... Hype train?
No, I will never get tired of spamming this.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Early hipster, i mean supporter here. Finally got through that tidal wave of pages from today. #MonadoMonday is great. Can't believe this is actually happening, or thats what I would say.....

If Shulk didn't already tell me.

Also, great job @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 with the support list. You're definitely spreading the hype.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Early hipster, i mean supporter here. Finally got through that tidal wave of pages from today. #MonadoMonday is great. Can't believe this is actually happening, or thats what I would say.....

If Shulk didn't already tell me.

Also, great job @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 with the support list. You're definitely spreading the hype.
Yeah, in just a couple of days we went from 25 supporters to over 200. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is definitely doing a great job!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I cannot wait to see his trailer and I am curious as to whether or not they will incorporate buffs or debuffs into his move-set. After that, I am going to start another file of Xenoblade. Either way, I am probably going to set up an Asking Alexandria song to play over his trailer! Or Harry Potter. I have not decided yet.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I'm so glad more people are joining in here and make this a lively topic.

And BTW, who pays for their E-Mail account when there are enough free services? That sounds pretty pointless.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I don't think I ever formally said I support Shulk, but I do. I always thought he would be cool, but Chuggaaconroy's LP is getting me more into the series. Hopefully he gets annouced on Monday.

Morbi

Scavenger

And BTW, who pays for their E-Mail account when there are enough free services? That sounds pretty pointless.
I am not sure, some people have to do it for their business/career. Perhaps paid services are more secure? It is not really relevant to Shulk though... so... the power of the Monado on Monday. I tried at least.

But seriously, Shulk has always been a character that I have supported, but I never contemplated what he would play like. Earlier, I thought that he was going to be the boring reveal out of the 3 Gematsu characters. But I believe that that assumption was erroneous. More importantly, I hope that his model is great; however, even if they give him the Palutena treatment (stagnant), it would at least feel somewhat pertinent to his game.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Well, the thing with Neogaf is that it's really easy to lose your account if you spread fake rumors and leaks etc. So it's a much more credible source than say gameFAQs, because it's entirely pointless to lie and lose your money.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wow! This thread has jumped 10 pages since I last checked this morning. Ha ha. Needless to say, I've just heard the news myself, everyone (Evo had me occupied elsewhere, so I hadn't been keeping up). The re-tweet, the newcomer reveal this Monday, and the excitement! It looks like our time has finally come, baby! Shulk confirmed!

Edit: It's pleasant to see more activity from users other than us regular Shulk supporters, too. Cheers! ;w;

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Well, the thing with Neogaf is that it's really easy to lose your account if you spread fake rumors and leaks etc. So it's a much more credible source than say gameFAQs, because it's entirely pointless to lie and lose your money.
OK, thanks for the explaination.
Yet it's still kinda dumb that not everyone can have access to that website IMO.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Good god, guys. I leave y'all alone for ten hours and come back to TEN PAGES!? Gotta love that hype.

Here's to #MonadoMonday!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hm...so the threads that have been claimed so far have been Image Gallery and something else...I forgot.

On that note, I hereby declare that I want to make the initial Moveset Analysis/Discussion thread :p

@ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler - Friend, show even more support by including "#MonadoMonday" in your title. You don't have to if you don't want to though. I promise not to cry.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh god, this is amazing!

Hm...so the thread that have been claimed so far have been Image Gallery and something else...I forgot.
What are your plans for the Image Gallery? If you will include photoshops/edits then there have been some real gems throughout the pages.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I can do the video thread \o

I do hope it doesn't take long to get more than just the reveal trailer.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can do the video thread \o

I do hope it doesn't take long to get more than just the reveal trailer.
I'm gonna have to cook up some great videos in the coming months then.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oh god, this is amazing!

What are your plans for the Image Gallery? If you will include photoshops/edits then there have been some real gems throughout the pages.
Oh no, I never claimed the Image Gallery thread. I forgot which Xenobrother let that be known (would dig through the pages to find the comment, but due to all the hype, that'll be work).

I just want to make the thread for discussing pertaining to Shulk's moveset and then eventually, when the game comes out, would like to transition into strategies/gameplay discussion since speculating will be 100% over at that point.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh no, I never claimed the Image Gallery thread. I forgot which Xenobrother let that be known (would dig through the pages to find the comment, but due to all the hype, that'll be work).

I just want to make the thread for discussing pertaining to Shulk's moveset and then eventually, when the game comes out, would like to transition into strategies/gameplay discussion since speculating will be 100% over at that point.
Ah, okay. And that sounds great! Edit: Found him! @Vegito2727, will you include photoshops and edits in your image thread when it gets made? There has been some pretty amazing stuff throughout the pages.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
All this bandwagon with Shulk, it's crazy.

While you guys are at it, Shulk for President as well.

Wow, you guys are very sure of Shulk..

Last edited:

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
Add me to shulks supporters please, been lurking since 4ever but now the time has come!!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
May I ask why you are trying to beat the K. Rool thread?
Probably just for more hype than there already is *shrugs*

All this bandwagon with Shulk, it's crazy.

While you guys are at it, Shulk for President as well.

Wow, you guys are very sure of Shulk..
People are just excited man. Let them live a little :) Although in most cases in Smash, people do get super hyped just to be disappointed, but that's generally when they spawn all sorts of theories out basically nothing.

That being said, in the event that Shulk doesn't get announced, I really hope that people don't come in here just to cause trouble. That's what worries me most if anything at all.

@ Goesasu Goesasu - Hype so strong that it summoned you out of lurking, huh? Noice!

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
As someone who has never played Xenoblade Chronicles, I didn't even know about Shulk until I saw someone suggested him on GameFAQs around when Smash Wii U/3DS was announced. He's never been on my most wanted list only because I've never been familiar with him. As it's very likely that he will be shown on Monday, I'm looking forward his trailer to see what he and the Monado can do. I'm not jumping on the Shulk bandwagon until I see the gameplay, but I'm pretty sure I will like what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom