• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I mean yes, he has only posted 7 times, but there are better choices.

Like JTB.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
How so? It felt odd Bardull mentions July when he never has spoken about her before.
In not gonna play this game with you all game. Think a bit before you ask questions.

Also why so question with the no marshy vig? You'd be fine with em dead?

July

Smash Apprentice
Ok. What do you think of him saying he'd suspect MJ if MJ continued their actions, yet he hasn't shown any change in opinion (keep in mind he has asked them twice to 'change their play')
It doesn't affect my read on Nabe, I would like to see how Nabe and MJ interact when MJ becomes more active though and see where his read goes.

Anywho, I never felt that I was in a "key position," but I'm not going to argue against my lynch. I'm just a VT, so no real harm done I suppose. This game is going slowly and I seem like the obvious lynch, so lynching me now probably isn't a bad idea.
Do you think there is any other lynch toDay that could provide the same amount of information as your lynch? You seem very resigned to your own lynch because it will provide information.

I wanna hear MJay's elaboration on that last post. After that Bardull can die, this game's stagnating.

Vig should probably kill marshy tbh off the basis of him being a total question, and the fact that he'll continue to purposely be one. I'd also not mind vig offing ANY lurkers. If we get scumBardull, I'm fine with lynching a lurker toMorrow tbh, and I mean like a bad lurker.
Agree with letting MJ post before hammer, and I really want to see if JTB actually posts that analysis that he promised like 3 or 4 days ago. If JTB doesn't post an analysis toDay then I would throw him in the pile to be vigged.

Well since you like my read list I'll go in depth with it:

I don't like July's handling of my would-be scummy behavior. She over exaggerates and very clearly paints me as scum in one of her posts, but still opts to vote for Ran in the same post. It felt to me like scum trying to keep their hands clean while also trying to get me lynched.

Sokr is all kinds of awful too. Defends me and addresses MJ for me, but then when me and Gorf are arguing, he says it looks more like SvS. It came off as odd to me and looked like an attempt to set up a gorf + bardull lynch in the event I flipped Town. Sokr had also previously defended me, so saying I was scum with Gorf when he did spelled all kinds of weird because he seemed to have a Town read on me earlier which is contradictory of his earlier mindset. He has also been doing a lot of side lining and hasn't gotten into the meat of the discussion by keeping his distance.

MJ is MJ.
I didn't exaggerate, you literally hopped off Gorf and called him dumb like two posts after vehemently calling him scum and calling for his lynch.

At this point, I understand Circus' second thoughts about your lynch, especially since you've provided reads but there is a lot of information riding on your lynch, more than any other lynch proposed toDay. It feels a bit like in Shining Force II with JDeitz in that if we don't lynch you toDay, it would leave the issue unresolved and suspicions lingering, you have a good chance of flipping scum and regardless of your flip we have connections.

Still in favor of the Bardull lynch but not ready for hammer yet, want JTB and MJ to post yet toDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because he has not really been a presence this game. Im trying to compare his play to other games

Im using my brainz D:<

:phone:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
guys

**** outta hear telling cig to hit me when ive got scummingjay and scumiek on a silver platter for him. stop ****ing it up

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sorry about being inactive, my schedule is stupid right now, ill read tonight

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Whoever read DK mafia, do you think Bardull is capable of better scum play? My meta on him says no but if he was anyone else he'd be SUPER scummy for me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
G3S was not one of my finer moments. Lets not talk about it. :(

Anywho, I'm back from my ride. Overcast beach was pretty lame >_>;

I was thinking about Gorf this game while on my ride and I was just like...man, we are not clicking at all. Like, period, it makes no sense to me. So I'm going to leave him up to Circus/RR/Ran to figure it out. Like, either he really is super untrustworthy of me beyond reason (but I can see the reasoning) or he's pushing me super hard as scum thinking I'm an easy lynch. I want to say it's the former though just as a future reference for anyone in case my opinion can help their decision, so that's the way I'm leaning on it.

@John - Oh, I get what you mean now. I only meant that that was my last post before I go biking.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Do you think there is any other lynch toDay that could provide the same amount of information as your lynch? You seem very resigned to your own lynch because it will provide information.
Weeeelll, I think I'm going to get lynched no matter what at this point, so that's why I'm kinda resigned to it. I don't like to die in any game I play. :p. But if it helps Town for my lynch, then so be it.

Now, if I was scum, I would just say "Yeah, I know it'll help Town, so that's why I'm sacrificing myself" to try and win you guys over as the seeming selfless sacrificial lamb helping advance Town's interests. But hey, at least I'm honest, right?

I didn't exaggerate, you literally hopped off Gorf and called him dumb like two posts after vehemently calling him scum and calling for his lynch.

At this point, I understand Circus' second thoughts about your lynch, especially since you've provided reads but there is a lot of information riding on your lynch, more than any other lynch proposed toDay. It feels a bit like in Shining Force II with JDeitz in that if we don't lynch you toDay, it would leave the issue unresolved and suspicions lingering, you have a good chance of flipping scum and regardless of your flip we have connections.

Still in favor of the Bardull lynch but not ready for hammer yet, want JTB and MJ to post yet toDay.
Vehemently is too strong of a word imho. You also didn't address the point that, if I came off so scummy to you earlier on, why didn't you put your vote on me? Why put your vote on Ran? BTW do you still think Ran is scum?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ugh, I'm just going to tackle this a bit at a time since I keep getting overwhelmed trying to look at everything.

Prod acknowledged. I'm going to be reading over night phase once I have a flip to work with and actually get involved in this game.
And this doesn't make me feel any better.

I don't like marshy much either since all he's doing is pushing for a MJ/Raziek scumteam without reasoning.

Not liking Sokr based off his 90. His first response to MJ's quote seems mechanical (is that the right word?) and I get the impression that he's trying to find whatever he can to give a scum read on MJ. And that last line is just a backdoor. Add in his reasoning for not voting MJ in 99 and it doesn't help my read on him.

Actually I was just pondering over this little conversation of Gorf and Bardull. To be honest, I don't really care for either slot. They both raise legitimate points against each other. But both their posts seem stressed and fake. ScumVsScum or IndyVsScum anyone? I can see Gorf as the Indy.

Could you point out those legitimate points? Why Gorf as Indy and not Bardull? Could it be TownvsTown as well? I don't like this post at all.

Damn, this restriction is really screwing with my activity. Anyways here's where I stand:

I personally don't support a bardull lynch today. He is scummy but not bardullscummy. Yes I am basing this off of DK Mafia and yes I realize he said he wouldn't play the same way if he was scum again. Nevertheless, he is not scum in my eyes.
My two scum reads are Gorf and MJ. I'm on my phone so ill back these up later if people ask.
Circus is a strong town read for me but I'm still wary of him because apparently he's a good player.
July is another strong read for me.
John I don't think is scum, I've wrongly accused him of such a couple times before and I've come to understand this as his town play.
RR I haven't got a clue on.

Ew. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Bardull, not much flipping or flopping. I had a scum read on you. Reread trying to see intent and comparing you with yourself in DK mafia, reevaluated my read on you and switched it to null/town.
If Bardull flips scum, I'm coming for that ***.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@Everyone
speak up if you're town and not a Heart, i.e. miller diamond or something

I don't like this from you Nabe. I don't see how the question is relevant to Bardull's claim (which I assume is what caused it) or what information you gain from it. In fact, the only purpose I see from it is a means of giving mafia a chance to claim miller.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
13 players in the game, 13 hearts in a deck. I'm a heart, Bardull claimed heart, so two to my knowledge which allows for one-to-one, i.e. all hearts are accounted for amongst the player. But the sample PM springs the possibility of non-heart townies: hence the question. The benefit of asking should be obvious, it's drawing any non-heart claims in D1 so that they don't come as surprises later.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If Bardull flips scum, I'm coming for that ***.
If Bardull flips scum, I'm coming for your *** (no homo wait maybe a little homo).

@Gorf: Bardull claimed 10.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Even I'm not opposed to my lynch at this point, this game is going way too slowly. Lol.

GL Town. May the force be with you and shizzle.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No one can hammer because Red Ryu unvoted. Bardull's at L-2.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Geez I probably look super scummy for this.

Vote Bardull

This isn't just for the sake of getting a lynch.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
/Replace Out Mockingjay

/Replace In J

That'll probably help my activity in this game and I swear to goodness I will get into this game more that I know I have been ignoring compared to my other games because I didn't wanna play unless I knew if Sang wanted to play or not and she doesn't soooo I'll get into things completely. I am going to addresse everything tonight if not the tomorrow at the latest.

Apologies for my lack of activity this game, but no excuses haha.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Geez I probably look super scummy for this.

Vote Bardull

This isn't just for the sake of getting a lynch.

From not really reading anything since my last big post directed at Bardull, this reeks of scumminess.

Yikes, seems I was ninja'd by the hammer votes. ^^"

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I tried seeing him as town, but those past few posts of his reeked too strongly of scum.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

A lynch has been reached! It is now twilight until I put up the flip.

Bardull [8] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe, JTB, Circus, Marshy, Red Ryu, Sokr
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [0] –
JTB [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [1] – Bardull
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [1] - July
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [0] -
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [2] – Raziek, John

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
After much discussion, it has been decided that town could do with one less member...

Bardull The 10 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

has been discarded!

Night 1 Begins! Night Action Deadline: 11:59PM 5/10

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And as a new day breaks, town looks around to find the following player(s) have been discarded during the previous night!:
Circus The 3 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

The deck has been cut! The post limit for today has been cut in half to 338 total posts allowed! Be careful.

Day 2 Begins! Deadline: Post #617

Secondary 13 Day Deadline: 5/23 11:59 EST

Top Bottom