• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
special rulesa 7 ate bottomdd of OP specifiessss if wer hit teh last posts whoeversa has majoritys will be lynchedf.

Didn't see thatsa.

:phone:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I wonder how shooting for the moon will play into this as well. It'll be fun if the Ace of Clubs is like an indy or something. Not trying to promote speculation talk of course, but since RR brought it up...

Anywho, I never felt that I was in a "key position," but I'm not going to argue against my lynch. I'm just a VT, so no real harm done I suppose. This game is going slowly and I seem like the obvious lynch, so lynching me now probably isn't a bad idea.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ALTHOUGH I WILL SAY that if I was scum, I would be trying to use up the 676 posts so that no one can talk anymore. Lol.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I wanna hear MJay's elaboration on that last post. After that Bardull can die, this game's stagnating.

Vig should probably kill marshy tbh off the basis of him being a total question, and the fact that he'll continue to purposely be one. I'd also not mind vig offing ANY lurkers. If we get scumBardull, I'm fine with lynching a lurker toMorrow tbh, and I mean like a bad lurker.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Shoiuld i specify suit? I dunno howsa flavors treaters town in thus game with its.

Fliavor wisa, heerts are cardsa you wanna forve onto others players to win whensa they hit 100 poits.

Queen of Spades isan expection whuch is teh deadliest giving 13.

There us also shooting teh moon which forted 26 on everytone else if tya get all hearts andsa Queen of spadsa.

Flavors not needed i thoughtsa buts idk.
Definitely not what I was asking about, but whatever. It doesn't matter.

ALTHOUGH I WILL SAY that if I was scum, I would be trying to use up the 676 posts so that no one can talk anymore. Lol.
Bardull. Really now. This post alone makes me wanna lynch you so badly. Between this and Red Ryu going full Jar-Jar on us, I'm pretty much done with this Day. I want flips.

Vote: Bardull

L-1

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Definitely not what I was asking about, but whatever. It doesn't matter.

Bardull. Really now. This post alone makes me wanna lynch you so badly. Between this and Red Ryu going full Jar-Jar on us, I'm pretty much done with this Day. I want flips.

Vote: Bardull

L-1
How does that post make you want to lynch me so badly? <==Serious question btw. I was half serious, half kidding. It would be pretty easy to set up a macro (or a bot) to constantly post for me in this thread over and over until I've hit the post limit. Granted it would take at this point...6 hours for the bot to finish the task considering the time limit for posting is 30 seconds in between posts, which is why I thought it was funny if I actually attempted it.

I think the problem here is that no one can interpret tonality over the internet, so it's hard to get a read on my persona when I'm speaking. :(

Anyway, I don't see another lynch unless we all switch to MJ, (which seems unlikely) so here's my read list:

Nabe - Town lean
RR - Town lean
MJ - Scum lean
John - Null, would be ok if vig was on him. John is always hard to read and I don't want AT happening all over again. I tried pressuring him early on by calling him scum so that he would post more content and allow us to get an easier read on him, but I got called scum for doing it -_-;.
Marshy - Slight town
July - Scum lean
Raziek - Null
JTB - Null
Gorf - Town lean
Circus - Town
Sokr - Scum lean
Ranmaru - Not sure. If I had to flip a coin, I'd say town.

GL/HF/etc.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Barbell at L-1. We still have 400+ posts and a few days left, so I don't see any reason to hammer him yet.

I re-read Ruy before sleep last night, and I wanted to ask him:
Ruy: Are you letting meta lead your play this Game?

I can not understand that last post either, Ruy.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'd be fine giving MJ until the end of today to post thoughts about it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How does that post make you want to lynch me so badly? <==Serious question btw. I was half serious, half kidding. It would be pretty easy to set up a macro (or a bot) to constantly post for me in this thread over and over until I've hit the post limit. Granted it would take at this point...6 hours for the bot to finish the task considering the time limit for posting is 30 seconds in between posts, which is why I thought it was funny if I actually attempted it.
It makes me want to lynch you because town just doesn't say things like that. "If I were scum, I would...." NO. If you're not scum then you're not scum. End of. Scum says "if I were scum" when they want to try one last attempt at evading the noose but don't know how to do it subtly.

Not to mention the fact that the two posts you used trying to act nonchalant about your lynch and telling us how you'd really be playing if you were really scum could have been used to, you know, search for scum. Your 202 would ring more sincere if you had coupled it with some real scumhunting, or that reads list that you just decided to throw out in your 207 (which consequentially kind of makes me want to unvote you dammitdammitdammit).

Speaking of which, why am I the strongest town read you have? I'm the only one that got better than a "lean" on your list.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It makes me want to lynch you because town just doesn't say things like that. "If I were scum, I would...." NO. If you're not scum then you're not scum. End of. Scum says "if I were scum" when they want to try one last attempt at evading the noose but don't know how to do it subtly.

Not to mention the fact that the two posts you used trying to act nonchalant about your lynch and telling us how you'd really be playing if you were really scum could have been used to, you know, search for scum. Your 202 would ring more sincere if you had coupled it with some real scumhunting, or that reads list that you just decided to throw out in your 207 (which consequentially kind of makes me want to unvote you dammitdammitdammit).

Speaking of which, why am I the strongest town read you have? I'm the only one that got better than a "lean" on your list.
Underlined, why does his reads list make you want to unvote him?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Because if he were scum, putting him at L-1 shouldn't have been incentive for him to actually post a reads list. Even though they're weak reads, that's still information we can interpret after he flips.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because if he were scum, putting him at L-1 shouldn't have been incentive for him to actually post a reads list. Even though they're weak reads, that's still information we can interpret after he flips.
Right... But you said it made you consider unvoting. I could understand the underlined if you were trying to argue his lynch to go through just for information, but it doesn't line up to me with the conflicting feelings.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My point is that the fact that he's comfortable with making that information more readily available for us is reason to doubt that he's scum in the first place. If he does flip scum, then that info is really useful and I'm happy to have it. But the fact that he gave it to us instead of just rolling over makes me question my scumread on him in the first place. Namean?

BarDulL

Town Vampire

You haven't missed a beat yet. I'll eat my hat if you're scum, seriously, like well played for sure if you're not.

Hmmm well this game is just super slow and not enough people are posting or providing content, so it's hard to scum hunt. All I really see is "kill bardull kill bardull" so scum hunting is kinda out of the question.

Well since you like my read list I'll go in depth with it:

I don't like July's handling of my would-be scummy behavior. She over exaggerates and very clearly paints me as scum in one of her posts, but still opts to vote for Ran in the same post. It felt to me like scum trying to keep their hands clean while also trying to get me lynched.

Sokr is all kinds of awful too. Defends me and addresses MJ for me, but then when me and Gorf are arguing, he says it looks more like SvS. It came off as odd to me and looked like an attempt to set up a gorf + bardull lynch in the event I flipped Town. Sokr had also previously defended me, so saying I was scum with Gorf when he did spelled all kinds of weird because he seemed to have a Town read on me earlier which is contradictory of his earlier mindset. He has also been doing a lot of side lining and hasn't gotten into the meat of the discussion by keeping his distance.

MJ is MJ.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Bardull, who do you feel should be copped and why?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I wanted Gorf to be copped but I start to feel better and better about him as the game goes on. I just think he has a bad read on me, otherwise he fits his town meta REALLY well. Whenever I get into a huge argument with him I can almost always tell if he's scum or not.

I think July would be a good choice. July is probably the most dangerous considering she's under the radar and has no suspicion about her.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wanted Gorf to be copped but I start to feel better and better about him as the game goes on. I just think he has a bad read on me, otherwise he fits his town meta REALLY well. Whenever I get into a huge argument with him I can almost always tell if he's scum or not.

I think July would be a good choice. July is probably the most dangerous considering she's under the radar and has no suspicion about her.
July confirmed for Godfather if Bardull flips scum; do not cop.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Prod acknowledged. I'm going to be reading over night phase once I have a flip to work with and actually get involved in this game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
But...I'm actually not scum though, so you guys should take my advice, ya dig?

I'm going biking. Also, putting my vote on MJ incase people change their votes lawl.

Vote: MJ

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, July is seeming more and more like a scum buddy the more I look at Bardull's posts this page.
How so? It felt odd Bardull mentions July when he never has spoken about her before.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meaning I don't think he would do that to his own scumbuddy at the last minute(dear god almost said *** buddy, *raises fist to bardull*)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think Circus is ok for now honestly. If by d3/d4 he isn't cleared, I may get a little worried because maybe he's super good and I just don't know it o_O but I'm pretty sure he's Town.

John2k4

The End of an Era
That undermines any town shows of yours when you decide to just leave the thread when you're at the noose.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
lol WUT?

I'm not going to spend my entire day sitting at a computer playing mafia, sorry. Fulfilling bodily needs is more important.

Also Ran is Town.

If I'm not dead yet when I get back, cheers.

CLOSING THE BROWSER NOW. Lol.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Bardull, read my earlier posts. I specifically say that I am not defending you. Just questioning the points MJ brought up. I would have done the same no matter who it was. Also your #202 and #203 make me wanna hammer so bad. What are you playing at with those posts? Are you TRYING to get lynched? Apart from those posts I don't think you are scum.

Adressing your description of my read on you changing: I went from challenging MJ's posts against you (NOT DEFENDING YOU) to seeing your encounter with Gorf as scummy, to comparing your play with DK mafia and coming out with a notscum read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
unvote

slows down, Stills want Bardull deader but tume is fine.

@John: Onlys because Bardull is applyins meta to you fors his scummy reads. Posts over AT mafia wass reflecting hows town was more reponsibles for the distaster play when I got in over scum.

Aka, Ryker Lunch, T-Block Lynches, Bardull forcings mylo to him and Vlade.

John2k4

The End of an Era
You aren't expected to, Barbell.
Your #229 implied that you were never coming back to the game/quitting/accepting your death.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Eeeh Marshy Vig..I'm not really onboard with that one, Ram.

Top Bottom