• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

July

Smash Apprentice
Bah, I really hoping to help town, if I couldn't win for myself. Oh well.

Vote: No MVP

I did enjoy the conversation toDay at least :D

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We are NOT awarding MvP for this under any circumstance.

Private with scum-favoring abuse-able mechanic.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Here is my Salty post.

So yeah, Marshy should have never been able to do what he did normally D2, due to only me and Raz could also do what he did, should have taken him longer in that case. And why the hell did people have Marshy as town after that even after his claim?! ajajajajajajajaja.

Still on Lylo, can people just agree with each other? Why was it so hard to just compromise on either, both were most likely scum, yet people refused to cooperate with each other.

Ran and July didn't back off J.
John and Marshy didn't back off Marshy.

Uggg.

My last power was a one shot Doctor, I was gonna save Raz that night If that lynch never happen ajajajajajajajajaja.

Salt over, the mechanic got used to abuse the game a bit, but just a learning experience.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Who would even get the MvP haha? We worked together as a scum-team to have fun this game. D3 was fuuuuuun play.

If anything Marshy+J+Nabe should get honorable mentions. 8)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gj winning though, I won't be mad over you guys getting it for using what you had.

Btw, never was a diamond or had a posting restriction. Posting restriction was a misread of my role PM I just rolled with for the rest of the game, Diamond was just to add more to it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know I know lol... but Marshy did so much nonsense and managed to get away with it I loved it.

RR has honorary Town MVP had Town actually pulled through.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR, I thought J was RB so I wanted to lynch him first. SO July could have shot

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hearts Mafia Role Pms WOOOO!~ (You're so cool :3)

Ace of Hearts:

Greetings John, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The Ace of Hearts, Town 1-Shot Cop

You've made quite the name for yourself in this town as an ace detective, and your skills are worth their salt. They don't come cheap though, you can't just be handing out these services for free after all... You've only been paid to handle so much, but you'll be darned if you're going to fail everyone now with these Spades running on the loose.

Special Abilities: Once a game during the night phase you may send in the command Sleuth: Playername to visit one player and check for any signs of Spade activity. Come the following morning you'll receive a report determining whether that player is an honorable Heart, or a filthy Spade in disguise. You may only use this skill one time during the course of the game. Your result is guaranteed to be accurate.

Win Condition: You are Heart aligned and win when all Spade threats to town have been eliminated. Good Luck!

King of Hearts:

Greetings Ranmaru, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The King of Hearts, Town Even Night Watcher

It's fair to say you're pretty important around here. Heck you're the bloody King! No one so much as spits in this town without you knowing about it. From atop your throne you can see just about anyone you want, perfect for ferreting out the Spades bent on destroying the very way of being a Heart, and all you love. Unfortunately... you've got this rather nasty problem of this sword you accidentally stuck in your own head, which makes it rather hard to concentrate on what's going on sometimes... or continue to live. What a bother.

Special Abilities: During the night phase of every Even numbered night (Night 2, Night 4, and so forth), you may choose to send in the command Lord Over: Playername to observe them. In the morning you will receive a report of what players, if any, visited the targeted player. Every Odd numbered night however, you'll be too busy tending to your grievous head wound to do anything else of merit.

Win Condition: You are Heart aligned and win when all Spade threats to town have been eliminated. Good Luck!

Queen of Hearts:

Greetings Raziek, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The Queen of Hearts, Town Doctor

You're quite the upstanding presence in this town. You could even say you're the backbone of the community. Without your kindly influence, many a townsfolk would be in dire straights indeed. Luckily for them you're the epitome of what it is to be a Heart, and your benevolence is unequaled.

Special Abilities: Once a night during the night phase you may send in the command Tend To: Playername to protect a player. You will visit the targeted player, and if for any reason they were to die during the night, that death will be prevented. You may not protect yourself.

10 of Hearts:

Greetings Bardull, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 10 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

Let's be honest, you're nothing special. You're a Heart, and a good one like all the rest, but you don't have anything unique to contribute like some of the others might. Not to be disparaging though, you've still got plenty to bring to the table in rooting out the Spades, and you won't let them take over without a fight! You're going to show them you're more than just a rank and number, and send them home packing!

Special Abilities: Your special abilities are your vote and your voice, use them well!

8 of Hearts:

Greetings JTB, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 8 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

Let's be honest, you're nothing special. You're a Heart, and a good one like all the rest, but you don't have anything unique to contribute like some of the others might. Not to be disparaging though, you've still got plenty to bring to the table in rooting out the Spades, and you won't let them take over without a fight! You're going to show them you're more than just a rank and number, and send them home packing!

Special Abilities: Your special abilities are your vote and your voice, use them well!

7 of Hearts:

Greetings Sokr, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 7 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

6 of Hearts:

Greetings Gorf, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 6 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

3 of Hearts:

Greetings Circus, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 3 of Hearts, Vanilla Town

2 of Hearts:

Greetings Red Ryu, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 2 of Hearts, Drunk Town

It's rough being at the bottom... no one looks up to a 2. That's as low as you can go, and it shows. No one treats you with the respect they should, and that just gets to you; you're still a Heart after all! It drives a Heart to drink... but no matter. You're so hammered right now you can can't even remember where you even live, let alone what your troubles are.

Special Abilities: You're wasted. So wasted, you're completely incapable of taking any special action other than vote and shout drunkenly at the rest of town who you think might be out to get you. Maybe in a few days you'll sober up some...

Part 2 (given N1):
Ughhh, your aching head. What did you do last night? You can't think straight at all through this pounding headache. Looks like you still won't be able to do anything of note today either... but with a little luck you'll have sobered up completely by tomorrow.
Part 3 (Given N2):

Wait... things are starting to feel a little clearer now, your hangover must have finally lifted after a good night's sleep. You're starting to remember... something... you... Hey! Now you remember! You weren't just so low just because you're a 2, it's because you USED to be a Jack! You're actually The Two of Hearts, Jack of All Trades

You'd been taking the demotion pretty badly, but this little bender has shown you a thing or two and you've made up your mind: you can still give them what for and show them what you're made of even as a 2! No more wallowing in self pity, you've got Spades to fight.

New Special Abilities: Once per night during the night phase from now on, you may choose to take any of the following one shot actions by sending in the appropriate command:

Block: Playername to visit that player and roleblock them. If they attempt to use any night action, it will fail.

Track: Playername to visit that player and watch where they go at night. The following morning you'll receive a report of who they visited that night, if anyone.

Protect: Playername to protect a player. You will visit the targeted player, and if for any reason they were to die during the night, that death will be prevented. You may not protect yourself.
Ace of Spades:

Greetings July, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The Ace of Spades, Independent Super Mafia

You're sick and tired of all these Hearts lording over you with their high and mighty "greater than thou" attitudes. It's time to show them who really runs this town, one way or another. You're the big daddy of all Spades and you know it. The other Spades just WISH they could hold a candle to you, but unfortunately for them: you work alone. You're bigger, you're badder, and you're more Spade than anyone else can handle. You're in this for you, and ain't no one else going to tell you what to do. Not even other Spades.

Special Abilities: Once each night you may send in the command Kill: Playername to visit and murder your target. You also know your way around the Spade world better than anyone, and as such: you're completely immune to fellow Spade Night Kills. However, your notoriety won't go unnoticed; if a wagon to lynch you forms up, you will be lynched at L-1 rather than the usual vote count total.

Safeclaim: You are the only player who knows that there is no 4 of Hearts in this game.

Win Condition: You are Independently aligned and win when you are the last man standing, or nothing can prevent this. Good Luck!

King of Spades:

Greetings Nabe, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The King of Spades, Mafia Tracker

You're sick and tired of all these Hearts lording over you with their high and mighty "greater than thou" attitudes. It's time to show them who really runs this town, one way or another. With you and your Spade buddies, you'll take them all down a few pegs. You personally are going to track them down and make them pay, that's for sure. Not a single Heart is getting away.

Special Abilities: Once each night during the night phase you may send in the command Track: Playername to visit that player and watch where they go at night. The following morning you'll receive a report of who they visited that night, if anyone.

You also have free communication with your scum-mates: [PLAYERNAME HERE] Queen of Spades, Mafia Roleblocker and [PLAYERNAME HERE] Jack of Spades, Mafia Card Shark in the following quicktopic [QUICKTOPIC LINK HERE]

One of you each night may use the command Kill: Playername to visit that player during the night and murder them. You may choose who if any out of you will perform the night kill by simply stating so, or having only that Mafia member send the Kill command for the night.

Safeclaim: You are the only player who knows that there is no 5 of Hearts in this game.

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned and win when you have eliminated all threats to your faction if any and outnumber town, or nothing can prevent this. Good Luck!

Queen of Spades:

Greetings J, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The Queen of Spades, Mafia Roleblocker

You're sick and tired of all these Hearts lording over you with their high and mighty "greater than thou" attitudes. It's time to show them who really runs this town, one way or another. With you and your Spade buddies, you'll take them all down a few pegs. You're bad, bad luck to run into and any Heart is going to rue the day they have to deal with you. Whatever it is they're trying to accomplish: You're going to put a stop to it, and there's nothing they can do about it. Because let's face it: no one ever actually manages to shoot the moon.

Special Abilities: Once each night during the night phase you may send in the command Block: Playername to visit that player and roleblock them. If they attempt to use any night action, it will fail.

You also have free communication with your scum-mates: [PLAYERNAME HERE] King of Spades, Mafia Tracker and [PLAYERNAME HERE] Jack of Spades, Mafia Card Shark in the following quicktopic [QUICKTOPIC LINK HERE]

One of you each night may use the command Kill: Playername to visit that player during the night and murder them. You may choose who if any out of you will perform the night kill by simply stating so, or having only that Mafia member send the Kill command for the night.

Safeclaim: You are the only player who knows that there is no 9 of Hearts in this game.

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned and win when you have eliminated all threats to your faction if any and outnumber town, or nothing can prevent this. Good Luck!

Jack of Spades:

Greetings Marshy, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The Jack of Spades, Mafia Card Shark

You're sick and tired of all these Hearts lording over you with their high and mighty "greater than thou" attitudes. It's time to show them who really runs this town, one way or another. With you and your Spade buddies, you'll take them all down a few pegs. Luckily for you you're already one step ahead of them... no one even seems to have realized you've already disposed of your direct Heart counterpart and taken his place... You're in the perfect position to sabotage them from the inside out!

Special Abilities: Once, during the night phase, you may send in the command Cut Deck to cut the deck of available cards in half. The following day, the post limit to end the day will be cut in half from 676 to 338 posts. You may only use this power once during the course of the game.

You also have free communication with your scum-mates: [PLAYERNAME HERE] King of Spades, Mafia Tracker and [PLAYERNAME HERE] Queen of Spades, Mafia Roleblocker in the following quicktopic [QUICKTOPIC LINK HERE]

Safeclaim: You are the only player who knows that there is no Jack of Hearts in this game. You already took care of that lout.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Role Cheatsheet and Events:

Bardull – 10♥
Circus - 3♥
Gorf – 6♥
John2k4 – A♥
JTB – 8♥
July – A♠
Marshy – J♠
J – Q♠
Nabe – K♠
Ranmaru – K♥
Raziek – Q♥
Red Ryu – 2♥
Sokr – 7♥

Day 1:
Bardull, 10♥ VT Lynched

Night 1 Actions:
John2k4 – A♥: No night action
July – A♠: No night action
Marshy – J♠: Cut Deck
J – Q♠: Block Gorf
Nabe – K♠ Track: July; Kill: Circus
Ranmaru – K♥: Tending to head wound
Raziek – Q♥: Missed deadline
Red Ryu – 2♥: Sobering up

(results: Circus killed, Deck cut)

Day 2:
Sokr, 7♥ VT Spammed to Death

Night 2 Actions
John2k4 – A♥: No night action
July – A♠: Kill JTB
Marshy – J♠: Kill: Gorf
J – Q♠: Block: Raziek
Nabe – K♠ : Track: Ranmaru
Ranmaru – K♥: Watch: JTB
Raziek – Q♥: Protect: J
Red Ryu – 2♥: Sober

(results: JTB and Gorf killed, Ranmaru sees July visit)

Day 3:
Red Ryu, 2♥ Town JOAT lynched

Night 3 Actions
John2k4 – A♥: Cop: Nabe
July – A♠: Kill: Marshy
Marshy – J♠:
J – Q♠: Roleblock: July Kill: Raziek
Nabe – Track: John
Ranmaru – K♥: Tending to head wound
Raziek – Q♥: Protect: John

(results: Raziek Killed, John sees Nabe is a Spade, Nabe sees John visit himself (lolwut how does that work))

Day 4:
July, A♠ independent Super Mafia lynched

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
We are NOT awarding MvP for this under any circumstance.

Private with scum-favoring abuse-able mechanic.
nah im pretty sure its jdietz/zens call. get the **** outta hear specially after not even playing raz

ill have my own thoughts on stuff later

:phone:

July

Smash Apprentice
Scum team did do pretty well, I feel bad for not suspecting Marshy going into D3 as much as I should have and taking a shot on JTB>Marshy, which I had considered, but that D2 move was so bold I thought he was persistent town over scum. Marshy I really liked your play, not gonna lie even when you were being blatantly scummy on D3 you were pretty damn amusing.

J!! Still fun playing with you, as always, but dammit I thought I had you D3 >< that was a great power move you guys made and it legitimately ****ed with my head.

Nabe I didn't suspect (at least for his play rather than his role) until all that **** started happening D3, but you held it together so well, good freaking job.

You guys did play well; D3 was a ***** man, that was terrible from a town (well indy) perspective.

Ran you hung in there the entire time, I really wish town would have pulled through just because you played so well. I really did enjoy your play and I was hoping you would win if I couldn't because you went so hard this game and did put in so much effort.

And J was Queen of Spades!! Dammit I knew it from your reaction to my wincon, even though my wincon was a lie but still : P J I'm sooo salty, still love you though <3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still people were too stubborn in Lylo, even more than me, better to compromise to get the lynch sometimes if your sure both are scum.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Things the mod found funny:

Every single VT died before a single PR or scum flipped.
Marshy lived D3.
John still didn't quite get what the scum-team was after D3.
D3.
Raziek protecting J who roleblocked Raziek.
Ranmaru fake claiming Bus Driver in an effort to get John to vote J after copping Nabe.
The scum QT.
Ryu faking a drunk restriction.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had a lot of fun dreaming up and modding this game. Hopefully all of you at least had a fraction of that fun playing it, even through shenanigans :3

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For real though, how did Marshy get away with that D2 ****?

How?

How.

HOW.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'm pretty salty. Like I had the idea of writing a AAAAAAARGGHHH YELL LETTER to you, the scumteam, john, etc.

But then I forgot what I wanted to say.

I want to say that I don't like the mechanic, because it can swing either way without a firm decision being made. But I had fun, and I tried my best to fluff up but July gets lynched at l-1? damn it.

I deff claim some fault in the loss of town here.

Thx for letting me play dude.

STOP RUBBING SALT IN MAH WOUNDS CIRCUS. D: <

PS: My dislike of the mechanic has bias because I was town and was salty after RR's mislynch.

PSS: GORD STILL A BRO!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only reason I would say No MvP

Is because a lot of was scum wins is being awake when other weren't, it's less about mafia and more about irl tenacity on being awake and also doing something on D2 that wasn't available to the rest of the players, except me and Raziek.

Other than that I'll see what the mod say.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's true we didn't even get a chance to chime in.

I only let Marshy off because of PoE, and that was my mistake. He was able to suprise me. I just assumed he had good reads u know?

I would have dealt with him later. Especially with RR here, I'm sure we would have

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Seriously Bardull? Why did you give up man.

You giving up made me seem more incriminated in Gords eyes damn it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha Circus, when we killed you and saw the kill went through, we all like apologized in the QT. XD

We felt soooo bad killing you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm salty too dude. I hated myself for what I let happen.

July

Smash Apprentice
Reading the qt, you guys are awesome lol.

Oh also (things from the qt): Ran and I don't live together, we are both in the same area during the school year, though.

And ya'll were trying to speculate about my sleep schedule lol, but I'm more likely to be awake at like 6 am than at 2 pm...I'm borderline nocturnal.

Also J you should feel bad for breaking me, that was terribly stressful >: (
jk I totally understand :p

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only reason I would say No MvP

Is because a lot of was scum wins is being awake when other weren't, it's less about mafia and more about irl tenacity on being awake and also doing something on D2 that wasn't available to the rest of the players, except me and Raziek.

Other than that I'll see what the mod say.
Me and Zen agreed Marshy was the choice if we are to have an MVP.

From my point of view this is something town was both supposed to deal with. You show knowledge of this fact, yet town let Marshy live D3 regardless, and even when you had J nearly lynched you let it intentionally sit long enough scum could alpha strike.

As I said to Raziek when we were chit-chatting while watching endgame:

[9:37:57 PM] DRB | Raziek: Your setup makes me want to flip tables. Freaking posting alphas
[9:38:40 PM] μ: Well, maybe if you'd have posted at all it wouldn't have come down to that eh? :p
[9:38:55 PM] DRB | Raziek: Scum quicklynched D2 AND D3. :(
[9:39:11 PM] μ: And who didn't lynch Marshy D3 when they had the chance?
[9:39:16 PM] DRB | Raziek: T-T
[9:39:19 PM] μ: yeahhhh

As far as his extreme QL D2 is concerned, I find it would be unfair of me to disallow it since it was myself who assumed every player would be subject to the 30 second rule. While it was unsportsmanlike in a sense it was also entirely within the rules as I had stated them at that time, Marshy also used his power specifically to accomplish it, and town also didn't lynch him afterwards. At the time in fact, I was sure this would happen, but he managed to avoid it.

Top Bottom