• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like you said tho, RR, it's a learning experience.

Also, I was supposed to be awake at 6 am. I did not lie about that appointment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You now know how crazy punctual we were being about the timing of it all we were analyzing sleep schedules of the other players....^^"

I felt so bad July. ='[ You have no idea but I had to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I speculated Circus as being a J-related kill. I dunno why.

Reminds me of HP maf.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(That all said, I would understand if people would prefer a No MVP scenario for the sake of D2. However I believe a bit of credit is due there if anywhere)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As far as his extreme QL D2 is concerned, I find it would be unfair of me to disallow it since it was myself who assumed every player would be subject to the 30 second rule. While it was unsportsmanlike in a sense it was also entirely within the rules as I had stated them at that time, Marshy also used his power specifically to accomplish it, and town also didn't lynch him afterwards. At the time in fact, I was sure this would happen, but he managed to avoid it.
You still have to admit it's unfair when people are bringing powers like that from outside the game only they can use to influence the game.

He was able to make 300 posts in 20 minutes which he only should have had 40 posts at the time.

No normals users had this ability.

July

Smash Apprentice
You now know how crazy punctual we were being about the timing of it all we were analyzing sleep schedules of the other players....^^"

I felt so bad July. ='[ You have no idea but I had to.
I do have a whole new appreciation for how hard you guys worked after reading the qt. Haha no I do understand, you had to do what you had to do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Understood. D3 we let happen.

I tried quick lynching and look how far I got.

Also, I think you have to keep in mind who you invite when it comes to new mechanics. That is something to keep in mind.

Like with things like this, you need the town to all work together in some way, like RR said. I couldn't get John to work with me at all

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm sorrrrryyyyyyyyy..... I should have played.

No johns.

Except girlfriend johns. And Lazy johns. And John2k4.

I just wanted to coast on my PR. T-T

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Raz was busy with his gf, but I let him coast because I didn't want the slot to be comprimising what we already had

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Me and RR could have worked together, I know that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Understood. D3 we let happen.

I tried quick lynching and look how far I got.

Also, I think you have to keep in mind who you invite when it comes to new mechanics. That is something to keep in mind.

Like with things like this, you need the town to all work together in some way, like RR said. I couldn't get John to work with me at all
You also wouldn't work with us in the same sense though, no?

I thought it was both ways imo, but I just wanted a lynch of either of them, didn't care who near the end.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Ran. There's no magic combination of players I can guarantee will be an effective town together. Nor could I have guaranteed even if I got them together they all would be town.

You have to work together with what you've got on both ends.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How tho? You mean not voting Nabe along with John? Maybe.

I was trying to let July get her shot off in the night

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR you know I would have compromised if I had to, just not early enuff u kno

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Haha Circus, when we killed you and saw the kill went through, we all like apologized in the QT. XD

We felt soooo bad killing you.
No kidding. I'm reading it now and you guys seriously apologize for it like a dozen times.

YOU GAAAAAIIIZ. <3

I speculated Circus as being a J-related kill. I dunno why.
I thought so too. Mostly because he was the only one I thought I was starting to get wise to on D1. Not to mention I think I'm generally a headache for him to deal with.

And I can definitely understand why Nabe would have wanted to keep me around. I let him get away with ****ing everything.

Really, he ****s everything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR: Well I didn't trust john either... lol. that's kinda why

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You distrusted the one shot cop, over the guy who admitted to cutting the posts of the day in half and forced a quick lynch the day before?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
More like I distrusted him ALONG that guy.

I didn't look at that guy the day before because of ignorance, and I'm sorry. ;-;

And I thought you also thought John may have been lying since you said you had a hidden powah.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Ryu you played really well this game nice stuff in the end. If only you guys would have stopped playing like pu Z's and just lynched. Very funny game. Why did July claim Spade?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most likely.

Also props to Zen for keeping on top of the post limit when I was away. He definitely helped get this game off the ground and running (for serious, he invited most of you), even though he couldn't physically post vote-counts due to the setup.

July

Smash Apprentice
@Zen: I didn't expect Ran to track me, so when he came up with the results that I visited JTB I had to work on my claim. I had originally thought of claiming 4 of Hearts, 4-shot JoaT, but up to that point no number cards had flipped anything but vt so I didn't think it would be believable. So...I just claimed my actual card and made stuff up about my wincon, why I didn't shoot N1, just trying to create reasonable doubt about vig or sk enough to keep me alive. I had run the numbers and I also knew they couldn't afford to lynch me even before RR posted it, and if we could have just lynched scum correctly and I managed my night action correctly I could have made it necessary they keep me alive until all mafia were caught, which would be at best 4 people still alive, most likely three going into the final Night where I would take my shot to win the game...it was a very optimistic strategy lol.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
that reminds me nice claim july. it pretty much made you lynch immune. i was saltine crackers when i realized we had the sk right in front of our face and couldnt do anything about it

and ruy was a pain in the *** and his plan wouldve won town the game so props too. more thoughts later

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, See how July played? Means she is either scum or indy.

She has alot of fun as either role.

July

Smash Apprentice
I didn't track you, I watched JTB
Whatever you did I didn't expect...actually I expected JTB to be watched even less then I would expect that I would be tracked O_o

that reminds me nice claim july. it pretty much made you lynch immune. i was saltine crackers when i realized we had the sk right in front of our face and couldnt do anything about it

and ruy was a pain in the *** and his plan wouldve won town the game so props too. more thoughts later

Thank you, that means a lot because I really respected your play and how you pushed that mislynch D2, then the D3 shenanigans; I have never been so thoroughly mind ****ed in a game of mafia as I was by the D3 activity.

@Ran: I would play that way as a pr too though. If I were vig I prolly would have been just as involved as I was as indy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ha, eh it's ok. We were going to try to do the same back.

It was fun regardless.

I just let Marshy go that was my downfall, I guess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I learned I have to really consider the mechanics lol

oh you addressed the mods. But not the town? D: <

July

Smash Apprentice
Is there some reason you didn't shoot N1?

My original plan was to either claim JoaT, in which I'd only have one shot, or vig (as I did) and I thought that it was safer not to take a shot D1 for both those claims, especially JoaT. I freaked out about none of the number cards having flipped as prs at the time of my claim, so I chose vig instead but I was really hoping the JoaT claim would have worked out and that's what I had set up for.

Top Bottom