• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bull****, where is this scumread on Ryu coming from all of a sudden?

:phone:
During my read-through, I'd say after Sokr's flip, I am much more comfortable with getting rid of one of Raz/John toDay.

Ran/July can be town. RR is a lean-town.

Marshy is null for like the first time ever, da heck? And Nabe is floating there too.
I like his reads this game, very consistent.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Did you even read my post that the read came about, after the mass-claim?

;_; I swear to goodness no one cares about me at the moment.

I also noticed I have like 1-2 votes on me? Since when?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
This is all stuff that's already been said about Ryu, it would be nice if you'd been here posting earlier since it's not looking likely that you formed this read independently. One part of note is that you label him as trying to lead things, posturing etc. which I do agree with.

You say you thought he was anti-town rather than scummy in D1; is there a post in D1 you can reference for this? I don't remember this opinion from you at all.

Raz is a town read because he's an un-cc'd doctor? Okay

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You think differently w.r.t. Raz?

I was just reading based on what I read from RR. I didn't actually know most of what I had said had already been mentioned, but nothing to do about that one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@J:

1.) No-one claimed "I sober'd RR up." and plus we already have a Tracker+Watcher combo in the game as well, so it does not make sense that he would also get a tracker ability if we are considering the fact of One-shot cop and also your roles. I also do not get the point of a town one-shot RB considering what we have this game are one-night dependent or one-shot or couple shot(July's kill). The only PR we have that is every night it seems is Raz (which makes his the most believable and he went from being my strongest scummy read to my towniest read with that post. xD) Also RR's way of trying to make himself seem like a town leader is odd because I don't get the posturing he is trying to do. He isn't really considering all options (I.e. July lynch, No Lynch, and also 2-man mafia team instead of 3-man.) Plus I don't like how he continuously tries to direct what we should all do because I believe iirc, he was the first to call upon this as his reasoning.
This is true. Yet, who says scum couldn't have sobered him up? This sounds to me like a reverse silence thing, and he asks people who sobered him up, and no one responds? I'm just going to take that as null. About the watcher/tracker combo, I'd lean Nabe. I found it odd he targeted July N1 without much of him poking at her D1. About RR trying to be a town leader, I can see him doing that, and I can also factor in his stubbornness. He tried to do the same in Gigabots. He isn't really considering all options, and the only suspicious thing I got from him was him trying to re-visit my gord read and use that to have a scum read on me. Also he interacts with people and doesn't leave closure, not just me. RR you'll have to explain why you do that.

During the first phase of the game, he was more anti-town than scummy but he did not offer anything substantial to the phase of the game. D2 is not something any of us can really gain from besides w.r.t. Marshy's slot. I've explained D3 as well.
I don't see him being anti-town as a valid point for a suspicion on him. D2 is Marshy's fault.

JTB was a town read? I do not remember that one. If anyone, I would have watched Gorf last Night because he was the one most people saw as town in this game so I do not get that fact. Personal preference haha.
I always pick the less obvious choice, same with my doc choice in Inception Mafia. I at times might choose my strongest town read tho.

John's actions lack scum-intent and seem much more towny>scummy. I don't remember most of his posts sticking out to me as scummy, but the thing I remember most was disagreeing heavily with Bardull's case on John because it was a reach and did not really seem to showcase why John was scummy.
I don't think disagreeing with Bardull's John case would really show John being town somehow. It'd just invalidate him being scummy. Even so, I even had John as a scum read from early D1, so Bardull's case is a null to me. I feel John hasn't been as buddy buddy as he usually is, and is sheeping YOUR opinion. When was the first time he gave scum read on me? When was the first time he ever gave a scumread?

And fiiiine, I'm already late to my party as is so I will get something quickly up. July's posts as of late are just her trying to position herself to what town will most likely lean towards after he claim. She isn't trying to look for scum but more or less defend herself from the lynch. Her OMGUS attack on me is grimy because she had even stated for the entire game how I was one of her strongest town reads and that she felt I was town. She turns on me, the second I turn on her for being Indy yet that seems the pure basis of her flip. Looks just knee-jerk to me. Her play in the beginning day phases I can definitely see as cautious play for her in terms of what she was doing. I actually do not recall a single push July has made in this game and that makes me worry about her more. July usually has someone she attaches to and she pushes as scum but this game, I don't recall that, and if there was, it did not leave an impression.
I don't see her play as defending herself from the lynch, and I do see some scumhunting in her posts. For example, her reply to you. Did you get to that J? :)

Also you mean she hasn't tunneled someone like in Harry Potter Mafia, right? I know she really pushed hard on him because she really believed he was scum and because she really disliked him haha. She also has tried to think more as she has super pushed on people like Gheb and got nothing, so I don't see why she should be super clingy. Not really a good point.

Now trade me your thoughts on RR/July. ;P
Will do. RR IS being stubborn, and is trying to lead town after having us mass claim. Yet, I can see this both from RR regardless of alignment. I have seen him do it as town, so it doesn't really give me a big suspicion vibe. The only thing I didn't like was his 'Oh hey ran how the hell did this give you a scumread on Gord' because it seemed like he just got that to have a reason to have me as scum. It just seemed out of place. I'll put RR as null scum. He is the same as Nabe, yet I would lean Nabe more than RR.

Actually RR: Why did you dig that up? What were you doing at the time?

July's play lines up with her being town to me. She has been scumhunting, and she has given scumreads out as well, and those that I agree with. I trust her. Her wincon seemed a bit weird but I'm not going to lynch her just because of her wincon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Assuming me and Ryu both make it to Night this is a waste of a Night's actions. I could WIFOM my track between Ryu/???, which still means a scumRyu wouldn't be able to make the Night's kill, but I can't specify a target on him. See from my perspective: he's claimed my ability as part of a two (now three) shot JoaT who doesn't have the cop ability of John. If he's scum roleblocker or something, I'll see him targeting X which tells me nothing. I'd rather use what is likely our last opportunity to find the kill.

I don't think you need to find the kill though. One of you is a real tracker, the other might not be. Get me? Also, I think you should track each other instead.

I'll re-vise the plan a lil hold on

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR, how do you feel about tracking Nabe tonite? And him tracking you?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Them tracker each other would be semi-pointless....all it would do is say "Oh so they can both track."

Ran, question, RR said he can 100% garuntee the person who sober'd him up would be town. Why wouldn't scum claim then that they did do that? Also if it was a reverse silencer thing, why would they unsilence him when its more beneficial to have him be silenced then vice-versa?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Them tracker each other would be semi-pointless....all it would do is say "Oh so they can both track."

Ran, question, RR said he can 100% garuntee the person who sober'd him up would be town. Why wouldn't scum claim then that they did do that? Also if it was a reverse silencer thing, why would they unsilence him when its more beneficial to have him be silenced then vice-versa?
Well I believe one of them isn't really a tracker. So one person won't really know where the other went, I think it is beneficial. Also One of Nabe/RR can frame someone town to visiting the dead body to mislynch that person, so that is also why they should only track each other. They are out in the open, no room for tracking someone else. Don't you agree?

Underlined, RR saying that doesn't matter. To me, him saying that made it seem like he was making it up, and that is why I think scum would keep quiet to make him seem like it was made up. I don't know, they probably thought he'd push in the wrong direction. Or, it could have been a one shot drunk ability, which means it might have lifted on it's own. But did RR say he got a message from someone saying he was sobered up by a person or not?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DA PLAN II

Lynch J

Nabe track RR, because RR's 'third ability' is weird. He isn't being very open as he wanted everyone else to be.

RR Track Nabe, because it is also odd Nabe has tracked July N1 without really saying much about her D1. Also because if one of you isn't tracker, and you don't track each other, the scum 'tracker' could fake a track to the dead body to mislynch someone. I don't want that.

Raz doc July/Marshy, or your town reads. I trust ya cuz your my queen. :embarrass: No seriously cuz ur doc, I have no qualms with you. Also scratch Doccing Nabe. So July/Marshy or your town reads.

John cop one of RR/Nabe and explain why you chose that person next day. You can wifom and be assured you might not be RB'd because the scum might be more scared of July's BLAM BLAM BLAM in the night.

July you keep your target hidden, use your best judgement. Scum can possibly roleblock you if you agree to town consensus.

RR/July/Raz thoughts on the plan?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey John. What's your opinion on Red Ryu?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Skimmed the last pages of today, just got out of church; RR's been my bud.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
A, can you go into that a little more? And why is he?

John2k4

The End of an Era
We both have played many games together. We have been a hydra together. Just like he said he can read me better than anyone else, I can do the same for him.
I feel comfortable (from his play) that he is town. If it's RR/Nabe for toDay, Nabe will be the one hanging.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright, thank you no further questions

John2k4

The End of an Era
Remember, I have skimmed the replies since this morning, will read them in-depth in just a bit when I'm back home.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. John, if you had to choose between Nabe and J for the lynch, who would you pick and why?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
DA PLAN II

Lynch J

Nabe track RR, because RR's 'third ability' is weird. He isn't being very open as he wanted everyone else to be.

RR Track Nabe, because it is also odd Nabe has tracked July N1 without really saying much about her D1. Also because if one of you isn't tracker, and you don't track each other, the scum 'tracker' could fake a track to the dead body to mislynch someone. I don't want that.

Raz doc July/Marshy, or your town reads. I trust ya cuz your my queen. :embarrass: No seriously cuz ur doc, I have no qualms with you. Also scratch Doccing Nabe. So July/Marshy or your town reads.

John cop one of RR/Nabe and explain why you chose that person next day. You can wifom and be assured you might not be RB'd because the scum might be more scared of July's BLAM BLAM BLAM in the night.

July you keep your target hidden, use your best judgement. Scum can possibly roleblock you if you agree to town consensus.

RR/July/Raz thoughts on the plan?
July is very well still possibly an Indy, that is why I don't want her Doc'd.

Marshy is not getting a doc under any circumstances.

Me/John/You, will not accept people in lynch pool to get it.

Rest of plan is fine.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Rest of plan is fine.
1. That doesn't matter, she can help us even out the numbers, especially in the event of a JTOWN flip. She can get a doc. We can figure her out later.

2. Alright, that's fine.

July

Smash Apprentice
@July
Are you confident enough in your read on J to shoot him toNight? I'd agree to that, I think he's scum, I think everyone has said he's scum.

Then we can make a value lynch toDay instead, me/Ryu (maybe Marshy) and still be fine as long as J is scum

I'm pretty confident in J scum, if he's not the lynch toDay then I will undoubtedly shoot him toNight.

....not everyone wants me dead RR.

Most of it is July, whose attack is primarily OMGUS on me thinking that she is an indy and she doesn't really care who dies at this point and is more worried about her own slot's longevity *especially when her main question towards me is "Would you care to risk the game on my lynch?"* Plus in your attack of my last post, she doesn't even focus on the meat of it. She just bypasses to something she can cling to and attacks that.

There is you, who seems to have a similar problem where you thought Nabe was the scummiest, until I started pointing out contradictions in your claim and your play this game. Can you explain what you dislike about my post instead of just switching to me because of some unknown reason?

There's Nabe who wants me dead for a "...?" reason but seems to be focusing on your slot more.

Than there is Marshy who is just "kay, lol Jscum, but I'll lynch Sokr instead." which is incredibly "......"

Side-note: If the lynch is going between Nabe/RR, I am deffo leaning towards RR because I don't see anything inherently scummy with Nabe this game nor does it make sense what he is doing in a scum PoV.
@Bolded: That's clearly, CLEARLY a lie. I've been pushing you toDay and I've weighed the RR/Nabe tracking issue because I'm confident that two out of three scum lie between you three. YOU don't care about town wincon, you only cared about getting me lynched and making up every possible excuse to lynch me despite the fact that it could lead to a scum win. What possible reason could you have as town to do that when you know it means town could lose the game?

Also, that question I asked you TWICE now that you haven't answered is quite important, and you won't answer it directly. Because you know that lynching me can result in endgame, and yet you've kept pushing for me. So, are you willing to risk the game on the assumption that I am lying about being vig AND that there are only two mafia? Because that's what you've inferred with your push on me since my claim and RR's explanation of the numbers.

Also, tell me what the meat of your last post is which I should address; I've definitely addressed the meat of your reasons for wanting me dead. I didn't address the RR points because the only thing that I don't think was mentioned before was the sobering up part, which you don't explain why that's scummy for him; do you think it's a gambit or something? I also disagreed that he hasn't considered all the options, and I don't think that him trying to become town leader is indicative of alignment for RR. The only other point, the similar roles, had been brought up many times.

As for your other points against me, I'm clearly looking at intent behind your actions, not OMGUS. My play D1 I don't think was any more cautious than I usually play D1, and your point about me latching onto players is kinda moot when I'm latched onto you right now and have been most of the Day :-/.

Also, you said that RR is leaning scum to you. Tell me who you think RR's scummate(s) are and why.

Rest of plan is fine.
I agree with Ran's latest plan, I agree with the amendments to the plan.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright cool. After John replies to my questions, and Raz gives us his thoughts on the revised plan, and Nabe gives his thoughts on my #970, I'll feel good with sealing J's lynch ToDay.

Anything else you guys think we need to talk about or you have to say?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mod: Request VoteCount

Since we'll need to look back soon

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Current as of Post #986)
With 8 alive it take 5 to lynch!

John2k4 [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
J [1] – Marshy
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [0] –
Red Ryu [0] -

Not Voting [7] – John, July, Nabe, Raziek, Red Ryu, J, Ranmaru

Last Allowed Post of the Day: Post #1334
Secondary 13 Day Deadline: 5/26 11:59 EST

#HBC | Nabe

Well I believe one of them isn't really a tracker. So one person won't really know where the other went, I think it is beneficial. Also One of Nabe/RR can frame someone town to visiting the dead body to mislynch that person, so that is also why they should only track each other. They are out in the open, no room for tracking someone else. Don't you agree?
If you think one of us isn't a tracker, then surely that person will lie about their result. And the lie could be that the real tracker did target them, or vice versa, a very easy lie. Or the fake tracker can say that the real tracker is the lying one and that they've tracked them to a corpse. Or the fake tracker can make the kill and say that the real tracker is lying about tracking them to a corpse. This gains no information at all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you think one of us isn't a tracker, then surely that person will lie about their result. And the lie could be that the real tracker did target them, or vice versa, a very easy lie. Or the fake tracker can say that the real tracker is the lying one and that they've tracked them to a corpse. Or the fake tracker can make the kill and say that the real tracker is lying about tracking them to a corpse. This gains no information at all.

The fake tracker can frame someone else if one of you don't track the other tracker. Since you two are already in the "It's you or me" situation, it's better it stays that way. Doing anything else would only spread corrupt information, don't you think? I don't want the chance of that.

John2k4

The End of an Era
J is not being lynched toDay. Nabe can be, but I'd much prefer Marshtomp.
Why the hell is he getting away with just popping in now to prod-dodge, and casually shedding the pressure that was on him?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey John, if J flipped scum, who would you look at afterwards?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw John, what is your opinion of me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You viewing for a long time there bud. Cat got your tongue?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J I have seen you post around. Why joo no post? : P

#HBC | Nabe

The fake tracker can frame someone else if one of you don't track the other tracker. Since you two are already in the "It's you or me" situation, it's better it stays that way. Doing anything else would only spread corrupt information, don't you think? I don't want the chance of that.
This makes no sense. If Ryu were to lie about me and say I targeted the killed player, or if Ryu were to lie about Raz and say Raz targeted the killed player, the end result is still that town has to sort out which tracker lied. Both of us tracking each other doesn't solve that problem, a lie is a lie. What does solve it is neither of us tracking at all, which is also stupid because then there's no info whatsoever. The best thing to do is as I've said, not track each other and interpret the results.

Top Bottom