• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

July

Smash Apprentice
Btw I lied, I have a third power, but I'm not claiming it for a reason.

I am the 2 of Diamonds, a lowly fellow who lost his memory in a drunken night, ever since my hangover I can't recall much, being a 2 and not a heart bummed me out so I spend each night drinking. I'm so drunk I can't do or remember anything.

Nights after my fateful hangover drinking I have recovered. I remember my status as a heart, still a 2 but I also remember the jack, I was a jack implying jack of all trades, then I got drunk demoted and forgot my role. No more self hate for me.

Paraphrased.
Kk thank you, that's all the questions I have for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wow, please don't keep asking questions then changing them, and please don't ask bad questions, I know it's late but just wow

As you already pointed out I'm suspicious of J, Marshy's posts actually are giving me good vibes, but I'm unsure why he quicklynched Sokr rather than trying to squeeze a J lynch.

J saying he thinks I'm more town than Ran def. looks like bull****, Ran claimed even-night first and I claimed after him, so objectively I could only be copying Ran, not vice-versa; the only way Ran should be scum from J's POV is if I'm scum with him.

I told MJ to change their play, and they didn't respond but the overlord-style I'd thought I saw in the beginning went away and that was the end of it. I can't figure out what you're getting at here, some kind of quibble with my language?

The reason I asked Circus if he suspected MJ is in the post you quoted; I asked him because before that he hadn't said anything about MJ at all i.e. it was out of the blue and I wanted his reasoning.

Sometimes it's like you're being intentionally obtuse :/

:phone:
I don't think they are bad.

Underlined, no. It's not about language, or wording. You barely posted, so I held you to your word. You said you only asked once when you did twice. You were trying to justify you not suspecting MJ by stating you only did it once but in fact did it more than once and it messed up your story bro. That's why I didn't like that, and why I FOS'd you.

Ok, so you are null on Marshy then, because you have conflicting feelings towards him. Why don't you ask Marshy about his actions then?

Ah, ok, thank you. I just thought it was an odd question to ask, didn't see how it helped you find scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Honestly I liked his read on John because it actually seems pretty legit. The "John is being John" thing was pretty townie to me. But Gorf's play differs here from DKmafia where he was more thorough in his analysis and to the point with his read on me. Like, there was a degree of understanding and trying to relate to me. His read here is SIMILAR to the DKmafia read on me where I overreacted but didn't follow up on my overreaction.

Firstly, he's wrong to think that I'd make the same mistake twice as scum. Secondly, I didn't overreact to RR, what RR was doing earlier was massively different from what Super Vegito did in DKmafia.

Basically what happened in DKmafia was, Super Vegito asked Town how they felt about mass claiming in his first post of the game. It was a pretty obvious reaction test to phish out fakeness and the like. I overreacted in my response, it was kind of like a "WTF WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT" kind of response which came off as pretty fake. I also didn't follow it up with an FoS or a vote which made me seem more suspicious. Then Gorf/Kuz pushed on that as well as the fact that I seemed to be asking a question earlier in the game that seemed to be irrelevant. It was similar to the vig question that I asked John. They concluded that what I did was "the Dgames #1 scum tell" or something and pushed on it. They were right that I was scum.

HOWEVER. RR's drunk posting and general stupidity earlier in the thread was completely detrimental to Town. I reacted to it the way I normally would've. I also dislike RR in general so that probably added to my reaction, but my reaction was in fact legitimate. My questions to July, you, Sokr, and John were also legitimate questions.

What Gorf is proposing is that I scum telled exactly like how I scum telled in DKmafia. What's odd is that he doesn't recognize the differentiation between the two reactions. Firstly, what RR and Super Vegito did are very different. Super Vegito asked a question that wasn't anti-town at all while RR was being very blatantly anti-town. We are operating on different rules, specifically referring to the posting rule, which means RR's anti-towniness was REALLY anti-town considering he burned up posts. I also haven't let go of my FoS on RR (yes, I've been waiting to see his response ever since he was being ******** with his drunk posting), so it's not as if I haven't followed up/completely discarded my distaste for RR's play. It's the opposite.

So here's the thing. Gorf is pushing for me really hard, like Rykerscum status hard, from when I played with Ryker in Gigabots. Actually, Gorf is posting exactly like how Ryker would post funnily enough. LOL. But what he doesn't recognize is the level of differentiation between my play in this game and my play in DKmafia. Which is odd. The way he's going about it is as if he's trying to squeeze me into the DKmafia scumdull equation and forcing a scum read on me here instead of actually analyzing the scenario and the context of it.

So right now yes, Gorf is leaning scum to me for pushing me on the premise that I "scum telled similar to DKMafia" when this game and DKmafia are completely different scenarios, for one thing. Two, his complete dismissal of MJ and moving onto me AND NOT RESPONDING TO MY CASE is also scummy because it gives me the impression that he is full of **** and doesn't know what he's taking about.
Ran, why the hell did this convince you of Gorf scum...at all?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gord did the same thing in DK mafia, so I thought he was trying to get another Bardull lynch EZ. It's just that Bardull didn't flip out, which made me feel Gord was being opportunistic.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bardull flipped scum in DK maf tho, and Bardull was OBV OBV scum there. So it made sense. Not here in my opinion.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Thats...not at all how I read that interpreted this, Bardull played really bad and scummy here on D1 so idk how Gorf would show as scum because he saw Bardull playing really bad.

Like,

ALTHOUGH I WILL SAY that if I was scum, I would be trying to use up the 676 posts so that no one can talk anymore. Lol.
Scum alarms went off when he kept posting like this...all the time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah after that Bardull's play went to ****, which was why I was fine with lynching him. Before that, I didn't see it. I just saw ALOT of explanation of his thought process there, and in DK maf he couldn't even say two sentences without contradicting himself (that's how he was caught).

Like I said D1, he didn't seem to have been flippent, he seemed calm and was explaining his actions without the fear of 'trying to emulate town'. That's why I was taking it as SvT, the only time I have ever seen an interaction give me a read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thats...not at all how I read that interpreted this, Bardull played really bad and scummy here on D1 so idk how Gorf would show as scum because he saw Bardull playing really bad.

Like,

Scum alarms went off when he kept posting like this...all the time.
Bardull flipped town, Gord would take advantage of his bad play as scum and that is what I thought after seeing the flip. I don't see why you can't see that, RR. After seeing Gord's flip it shows he was just wrong, yet I didn't see it that way until that happened.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also Gord pushing on MJ and then going 'lol nope lets go bardull' made it seem opportunistic to me because it seemed he found a delicious lynch that would seem more legit. Get me?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
2. Ranmaru
6. J
8. John2k4
9. July
10. Red Ryu
11. Nabe
12. Marshy
13. Raziek

This is our player list so far. I am showing why I limited down who I did and why.

10. Red Ryu - I am town.

2. Ranmaru
6. J
8. John2k4
9. July
11. Nabe
12. Marshy
13. Raziek

Raziek - He hasn't done anything that scummy and I won't lynch a doc claim with a possible SKer around.

2. Ranmaru
6. J
8. John2k4
9. July
11. Nabe
12. Marshy

9. July - Alignment does not matter. She has a proven shot and isn't aligned with them.

2. Ranmaru
6. J
8. John2k4
11. Nabe
12. Marshy

8. John2k4 - His play hasn't been stellar, and the QL didn't let me figure his play out better. The way he claimed, and how he jumped up with being a cop, that stood out to me, no fear, no worry of him coming out with that kind of claim.

2. Ranmaru
6. J
11. Nabe
12. Marshy

This is where I am at, I will lynch between these today and only these.

I went though a lot of situations, I hate how Marshy has played, I really o.
Ran so very tipsy in either direction.
J's D1 play I don't like nor how he approached July with a lynch even with numbers.
Nabe is...uhhh...just there.

So yes, Looking it all over.

I think a J/Nabe lynch is the correct move. I'd do Nabe off the fact I don't think there are 4 investigative, one shot or not, in this set-up.

~

Here is where night actions are going, Raziek, WIFOM your protect between me and John.

John cop one of these players, Marshy/Nabe

July, Shoot Ranmaru.

Nabe track Marshy.

I will track Nabe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR you are going to have to substantiate me being 'tipsy'.

Also, how well can you read John?

Also, we are lynching J toDay

July

Smash Apprentice
@RR: is that the scenario in the situation that J flips scum, town, or either?

Because if J flips scum, I don't think J/Marshy scum team makes sense, so I would move Marshy out and track John instead. I'm also not thrilled about shooting Ran since he's one of my strongest town reads at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, you were asking me questions about my gord suspicion, but you never gave closure to that. What was the point in asking me those questions?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
July. I do not understand Ran town, why should he live when his suspicion on Gorf to me looks flimsy. His JTB town read made no sense for a watch, though it confirms he did watch him, his lack of trying to look at your alignment from a JTB flip is dumb since it doesn't look like he tried to hunt for alignment over forcing a lynch.

Also answering why I want him shot.

In any situation, I really do see Nabe and J being more likely as scum. Either lynch is good, I am leaning more on Nabe off what you posted and more so got me to see that 4 investigatives is BS for town.

If someone is to be shot it must be someone in the group of 4, John is out of the question for a shot at night.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, RR. You asked who removed your drunk post restriction, now that everyone has claimed, has anyone come out with that? What was up with that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, you are only looking at my read on Gord. I was wrong, you are focusing only on one aspect of my play, not my entire play.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
July, I really don't think John is more likely than the others to be scum, the way he claimed is something odd to me from a scum perspective, why is Jscum=/=Marshyscum, could easily see him busing.

~

I have no clue Ran, it could have happened on it's own but I assumed someone had removed it because it seemed rather odd I got a PM N1 telling me I still was drunk and hungover.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
July. I do not understand Ran town, why should he live when his suspicion on Gorf to me looks flimsy. His JTB town read made no sense for a watch, though it confirms he did watch him, his lack of trying to look at your alignment from a JTB flip is dumb since it doesn't look like he tried to hunt for alignment over forcing a lynch.

In any situation, I really do see Nabe and J being more likely as scum. Either lynch is good, I am leaning more on Nabe off what you posted and more so got me to see that 4 investigatives is BS for town.

If someone is to be shot it must be someone in the group of 4, John is out of the question for a shot at night.
RR I don't understand the underlined, can you clarify?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also RR, you didn't answer my question.

How well can you read John?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, you were asking me questions about my gord suspicion, but you never gave closure to that. What was the point in asking me those questions?
^^ You never replied back to me earlier, don't forget this RR.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw I lied, I have a third power, but I'm not claiming it for a reason.
RR, I want you to tell me why you decided to tell us about this at that moment. What made you come out with that? Why say that now and not tommorow?

July

Smash Apprentice

I feel like Ran's play D1 was off with his suspicion of Raziek, but once he stopped posting with concern for the post limit then I think he became much more involved and that his immediate suspicion of me was understandable considering he saw me visit the dead body. Either way he's been much more vocal toDay and I like his push on J, and like you said I think that J/Nabe is more likely than J/Ran.

Group of 4 was J, Ran, Marshy, and Nabe? If we lynch J I'd prefer the shot be Nabe, and if Nabe is lynched then I deff want J shot.

July, I really don't think John is more likely than the others to be scum, the way he claimed is something odd to me from a scum perspective, why is Jscum=/=Marshyscum, could easily see him busing.

~

I have no clue Ran, it could have happened on it's own but I assumed someone had removed it because it seemed rather odd I got a PM N1 telling me I still was drunk and hungover.
I don't feel like John has done anything significant in the game except for claiming, and the way he claimed isn't enough to get a good read on me. I'll go back and reread his D1 play though and see what there is. Anyways, I wasn't suggesting he be shot, I was suggesting he be tracked instead of Marshy.

The reason I said no Jscum/Marshyscum team is because Marshy has been pushing scum J since D1, which is a little early to start bussing a scummate, not impossible but I still think its unlikely.

Either way, I'm willing to figure out Marshy/John later, lynch one of J/Nabe now and shoot the other toNight.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Better idea:

DA PLAN

Lynch J

Nabe track RR, because RR's 'third ability' is weird. He isn't being very open as he wanted everyone else to be. Also if RR is scum then you are not.

Raz doc July/Marshy, or your town reads. I trust ya cuz your my queen. :embarrass: No seriously cuz ur doc, I have no qualms with you.

John cop one of RR/Nabe and explain why you chose that person next day. You can wifom and be assured you might not be RB'd because the scum might be more scared of July's BLAM BLAM BLAM in the night.

July you keep your target hidden, use your best judgement. Scum can possibly roleblock you if you agree to town consensus. Something RR forgot to mention. :smirk:

RR Track John, because I don't see john's play being townie intent. He hasn't really given much of a suspicion until J gave an opinion on me, then he was fine with me goin. So track him to see where he REALLY goes. If you are town then you'll do this, correct? Don't be blind. You are bros with this guy are you not? Track him. Don't let his claim fool you, use your abilities to make sure he's legit.

Nabe/July/Raz/Marshy, thoughts on the plan?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
There is no room for July to make a shot at all, if she's indy we'll need the extra lynch for her. Assuming 3-man maf lynched over these three Days, and a maf nightkill toNight and toMorrow Night, that leaves three people alive -- actually never mind because at that point an indyJuly would've already won. Could be 2-man maf though, although that's only plausible if Raz were scum since doc/investigative combo would murder a 2-man team

#HBC | Nabe

I don't think they are bad.

Underlined, no. It's not about language, or wording. You barely posted, so I held you to your word. You said you only asked once when you did twice. You were trying to justify you not suspecting MJ by stating you only did it once but in fact did it more than once and it messed up your story bro. That's why I didn't like that, and why I FOS'd you.

Ok, so you are null on Marshy then, because you have conflicting feelings towards him. Why don't you ask Marshy about his actions then?

Ah, ok, thank you. I just thought it was an odd question to ask, didn't see how it helped you find scum.
No, I was right then, definitely a language problem. I asked MJ to fix their play once, and I asked them to either confirm that they had read that post (a problem because that slot hadn't acknowledged me yet at all) or to confirm by way of actually doing what I'd asked. Suspicion wasn't formed because there's the question "are they dodging me or did they just not read my post?" After that, their play changed and I stopped looking at them; now I agree with recent sentiments towards J whose play toDay has been inconsistently reasoned.

Marshy's already been asked why he targeted Sokr, not a satisfying response. I'd still lynch him but not over J, and I don't think they're necessarily SvT. What I am saying though is that his explanation of his role and how he approached it as a lynching role vibes well, it sounds like how I'd feel if I got that role.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran, couldn't you have put that as one post. Don't multipost.

RR I don't understand the underlined, can you clarify?
You called for July's death without care if she was a vig of July being town in a mylo situation.

Gorf wasn't a vig shot but JTB wasn't?

That's ludicrous.

That shows me you didn't care for her alignment and wanted a lynch.

Also RR, you didn't answer my question.

How well can you read John?
Better than anyone on this site.

^^ You never replied back to me earlier, don't forget this RR.
Yes I did, it was directed toward two people is all.

RR, I want you to tell me why you decided to tell us about this at that moment. What made you come out with that? Why say that now and not tommorow?
People are looking at the two powers only as being weird, I am removing that wtf from people and there is a good reason I am not claiming.

I feel like Ran's play D1 was off with his suspicion of Raziek, but once he stopped posting with concern for the post limit then I think he became much more involved and that his immediate suspicion of me was understandable considering he saw me visit the dead body. Either way he's been much more vocal toDay and I like his push on J, and like you said I think that J/Nabe is more likely than J/Ran.

Group of 4 was J, Ran, Marshy, and Nabe? If we lynch J I'd prefer the shot be Nabe, and if Nabe is lynched then I deff want J shot.
I don't feel like John has done anything significant in the game except for claiming, and the way he claimed isn't enough to get a good read on me. I'll go back and reread his D1 play though and see what there is. Anyways, I wasn't suggesting he be shot, I was suggesting he be tracked instead of Marshy.

The reason I said no Jscum/Marshyscum team is because Marshy has been pushing scum J since D1, which is a little early to start bussing a scummate, not impossible but I still think its unlikely.

Either way, I'm willing to figure out Marshy/John later, lynch one of J/Nabe now and shoot the other toNight.
His was spouting this as early as page 1/2 and has not stopped for anyone else.

It's null and could go either way unless something in his play shows he had a reason to go these directions as early as Page 1/2.

It's null when he spouts Raz scum for no reason, even in the face of a Doc claim, and Jscum maybe for a legit reason but seeing how he has played mafia I doubt it.

Better idea:

DA PLAN

Lynch J

Nabe track RR, because RR's 'third ability' is weird. He isn't being very open as he wanted everyone else to be. Also if RR is scum then you are not.

Raz doc July/Marshy, or your town reads. I trust ya cuz your my queen. :embarrass: No seriously cuz ur doc, I have no qualms with you.

John cop one of RR/Nabe and explain why you chose that person next day. You can wifom and be assured you might not be RB'd because the scum might be more scared of July's BLAM BLAM BLAM in the night.

July you keep your target hidden, use your best judgement. Scum can possibly roleblock you if you agree to town consensus. Something RR forgot to mention. :smirk:

RR Track John, because I don't see john's play being townie intent. He hasn't really given much of a suspicion until J gave an opinion on me, then he was fine with me goin. So track him to see where he REALLY goes. If you are town then you'll do this, correct? Don't be blind. You are bros with this guy are you not? Track him. Don't let his claim fool you, use your abilities to make sure he's legit.

Nabe/July/Raz/Marshy, thoughts on the plan?
I am not being tracked.

i dont care as long as the plan involves me living to endgame :cool:
If any of the others flip town, that is very unlikely.

~

July needs to shoot or I need to successfully roleblock to make the numbers better for town.

Plan, We lynch Nabe.

July shoots J.

I'll roleblock Marshy/Ran on WIFOM.

Raz protects Me/John on WIFOM.

#HBC | Nabe

Plan could not be worse. July shoots? I die (it's an odd night and I can track)? Ran doesn't get protected and in place Ryu does? Ran cannot be scum to you unless you think he's scum with me, and then I'd ask why you think we'd claim the roles we have rather than something simple.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ran, I agree with Ryu that John is legit. Really thinking Ryu isn't, but if he is he better serves with an unannounced RB. And what's the plan if J flips town?

Well, who else do you think deserves a track? I think with John's play, it would help us confirm that John's ability is legit. Anyways, are you at least fine with tracking RR? Nabe, what do you think of John's explanation of him not using his 1 shot for 2 days?

There is no room for July to make a shot at all, if she's indy we'll need the extra lynch for her. Assuming 3-man maf lynched over these three Days, and a maf nightkill toNight and toMorrow Night, that leaves three people alive -- actually never mind because at that point an indyJuly would've already won. Could be 2-man maf though, although that's only plausible if Raz were scum since doc/investigative combo would murder a 2-man team

Nabe, I want you to do the numbers, because i'm too lazy to do that haha. Also, what do you think of July being as honest can be? I mean, she could have just kept her wincon to herself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Plan could not be worse. July shoots? I die (it's an odd night and I can track)? Ran doesn't get protected and in place Ryu does? Ran cannot be scum to you unless you think he's scum with me, and then I'd ask why you think we'd claim the roles we have rather than something simple.

It seems RR forgot to mention who John would have copped

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If she is a SKer what is to stop her from just shooting to get her wincon, we can't lynch her, she only has scum to worry about.

Are you assuming she is town?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@RED RYU:

Ran, couldn't you have put that as one post. Don't multipost.
No, what does it matter?

You called for July's death without care if she was a vig of July being town in a mylo situation.

Gorf wasn't a vig shot but JTB wasn't?

That's ludicrous.

That shows me you didn't care for her alignment and wanted a lynch.
I did care for her alignment, I wanted her to explain her actions. I didn't try to gun her lynch just because of her wincon, like J has done. Also look at how J has pushed on her, and has disappeared.

Better than anyone on this site.
Really, yet you are only granting him a pass due to his claim, and not his play?

Yes I did, it was directed toward two people is all.

No it wasn't, it was directed to July. You made a conclusion without even trying to sort it out with me. I gave you an explanation and you didn't reply to it.

People are looking at the two powers only as being weird, I am removing that wtf from people and there is a good reason I am not claiming.
Yeah this is a lie. Why didn't you state this when Nabe claimed tracker? I mean, why didn't you even state a suspicion on that? (You told me you agree that it is possible due to the setup, so I don't see why you didn't say this before July pointed it out)

I am not being tracked.
You have a problem with being tracked?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Raz: Maybe consider doccing July/Nabe? Raz give me thoughts bro, don't slouch on us

@Marshy: You can still live no problemo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey John, what do you think of Nabe and Red Ryu both having tracking abilities?

Top Bottom