• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Ryu would probably would have July copped, haha

I'd rather track someone unawares to potentially catch the scumkill. Tracking John to his target just opens up WIFOM about whether he's scum with me, doesn't it? At least I can see Ryu saying as much. John's explanation seems very legit, it's one-shot and there's no sense blowing it early

Honesty makes a claim believable; the best fakeclaims are mostly true. Being quiet at this point wasn't an option, you'd already called her out with the JTB watch. With no one else claimed, she might've thought a straight vig claim wouldn't have been believable.

The one thing that does have me leaning townJuly is that she didn't shoot N1. And she's probably not mafia; if she is mafia then the other kill was done by an indy (who in that case hasn't claimed obv) xD but let's not put on foil hats, the best we can do is assume the worst and politely ask her not to kill

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hey John, what do you think of Nabe and Red Ryu both having tracking abilities?
I voiced my opinion on this earlier in the Day, and I think I remember the answer being "On one is a tracker and one is a watcher".

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Huh? Which one of Nabe/RR is watcher? Does that make you suspicious of one of them or ok with them?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've been rather busy and I have a claim that lets me be lazy, and while I apologize for being minimally invested, thems the breaks.

Think marshy should personally, his suspicion of me is whack.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I'd rather track someone unawares to potentially catch the scumkill. Tracking John to his target just opens up WIFOM about whether he's scum with me, doesn't it? At least I can see Ryu saying as much. John's explanation seems very legit, it's one-shot and there's no sense blowing it early

Honesty makes a claim believable; the best fakeclaims are mostly true. Being quiet at this point wasn't an option, you'd already called her out with the JTB watch. With no one else claimed, she might've thought a straight vig claim wouldn't have been believable.

The one thing that does have me leaning townJuly is that she didn't shoot N1. And she's probably not mafia; if she is mafia then the other kill was done by an indy (who in that case hasn't claimed obv) xD but let's not put on foil hats, the best we can do is assume the worst and politely ask her not to kill

Well that is why I asked Raz to wifom between you/July. I was thinking you tracking RR would make sense since you suspect him, and since it's kind of already between you/RR, it would help us see who may be lying out of the both of you. I want to give you leeway to just use your best judgement, but it's kinda clammy. I don't know if we have room for you to do so. If we have you track RR while he does SOMETHING, we'll know for sure if he is lying about what he did. (By seeing what the visitee reports) Since J is most likely scum, tracking RR will help us have some info on him. It'll force him to show us his cards, because he has been very clammed up. I just don't like how he is trying to force what he wants, and I think he needs to be kept in check. I mean, I feel it is a safer bet to keep RR in check, rather then choosing a target in the dark to see if they kill at night. Of course, if you were to agree to tracking RR, you'd know he wouldn't be killing anyone, rite? (From your pov)

Also, don't you suspect weirdness from RR holding an ability but stated it during the day?

A doc can protect from a RB as well, right?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also Nabe, what do you think RR should do?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Wow I just remembered that I should check this.
Ruy I still want marshtomp dead toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry! I had an unnannounced V/LA due to finishing High School and parites. ^^" I'll be getting to this more fully when I get back from another party I am going to.

If not July, probably leaning RR.

Raz isn't scum and neither is John. I don't see Nabe/Ran as being scum, more so with their PRs. Than there is Marshy/RR. I need to re-read a bit but atm either one of Marshy/RR can go.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry! I had an unnannounced V/LA due to finishing High School and parites. ^^" I'll be getting to this more fully when I get back from another party I am going to.

If not July, probably leaning RR.

Raz isn't scum and neither is John. I don't see Nabe/Ran as being scum, more so with their PRs. Than there is Marshy/RR. I need to re-read a bit but atm either one of Marshy/RR can go.
J, why did your stance on me change?

Why not John?

And please substantiate your read on RR, I haven't heard you ever state this

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also J please talk to me about July's play, not wincon

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I haven't really ever had a read on RR this game TBH. My read on you is because I can see townRan getting all fiesty over something he believes is a "guilty" instead of it just being a little heavy on malicious intent. I need to reanalyze your play before the gambit to see if it lines up.

Why did you target JTB by the by?

John's not really that scummy this game nor have I really ever thought so...o.o

I'll get back to you on July. I promise. <3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't really ever had a read on RR this game TBH. My read on you is because I can see townRan getting all fiesty over something he believes is a "guilty" instead of it just being a little heavy on malicious intent. I need to reanalyze your play before the gambit to see if it lines up.

Why did you target JTB by the by?

John's not really that scummy this game nor have I really ever thought so...o.o

I'll get back to you on July. I promise. <3
Ah ok, so when exactly did you pick up this read then? (Since you have it now) And what exactly is the reasoning to it?

I picked JTB because I didn't have any other town reads by N2. Who do you think I should have picked, and why does that matter?

Can you go into that a little more pwease? What is your opinion on John? (His actions and play this game)

Ohhh cmon, just a sentence or two? : P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ah ok, so when exactly did you pick up this read then? (Since you have it now) And what exactly is the reasoning to it?

I picked JTB because I didn't have any other town reads by N2. Who do you think I should have picked, and why does that matter?

Can you go into that a little more pwease? What is your opinion on John? (His actions and play this game)

Ohhh cmon, just a sentence or two? : P
I more or less picked up my read on RR toDay. See let me flesh this out a bit, the claims have really skewed my reads toDay because well for one, I thought Bardull/Sokr were scum yet they both flip town. (My reads this game...;_; ) RR's claim of having a restriction, then someone clearing it up, and then him getting a Track-RB seems really trippy for a couple of reasons.

1.) No-one claimed "I sober'd RR up." and plus we already have a Tracker+Watcher combo in the game as well, so it does not make sense that he would also get a tracker ability if we are considering the fact of One-shot cop and also your roles. I also do not get the point of a town one-shot RB considering what we have this game are one-night dependent or one-shot or couple shot(July's kill). The only PR we have that is every night it seems is Raz (which makes his the most believable and he went from being my strongest scummy read to my towniest read with that post. xD) Also RR's way of trying to make himself seem like a town leader is odd because I don't get the posturing he is trying to do. He isn't really considering all options (I.e. July lynch, No Lynch, and also 2-man mafia team instead of 3-man.) Plus I don't like how he continuously tries to direct what we should all do because I believe iirc, he was the first to call upon this as his reasoning.

During the first phase of the game, he was more anti-town than scummy but he did not offer anything substantial to the phase of the game. D2 is not something any of us can really gain from besides w.r.t. Marshy's slot. I've explained D3 as well.

JTB was a town read? I do not remember that one. If anyone, I would have watched Gorf last Night because he was the one most people saw as town in this game so I do not get that fact. Personal preference haha.

John's actions lack scum-intent and seem much more towny>scummy. I don't remember most of his posts sticking out to me as scummy, but the thing I remember most was disagreeing heavily with Bardull's case on John because it was a reach and did not really seem to showcase why John was scummy.

And fiiiine, I'm already late to my party as is so I will get something quickly up. July's posts as of late are just her trying to position herself to what town will most likely lean towards after he claim. She isn't trying to look for scum but more or less defend herself from the lynch. Her OMGUS attack on me is grimy because she had even stated for the entire game how I was one of her strongest town reads and that she felt I was town. She turns on me, the second I turn on her for being Indy yet that seems the pure basis of her flip. Looks just knee-jerk to me. Her play in the beginning day phases I can definitely see as cautious play for her in terms of what she was doing. I actually do not recall a single push July has made in this game and that makes me worry about her more. July usually has someone she attaches to and she pushes as scum but this game, I don't recall that, and if there was, it did not leave an impression.

Now trade me your thoughts on RR/July. ;P

You had me as town quite a few times til now.

Also forgot about holiday weekend lol.

I do not recall saying you were town, though tbh I cannot remember a majority of D1 since I just took the majority of it playing the catch up game and getting through things.

July

Smash Apprentice

If people don't want me to shoot then I won't shoot, but I think that me shooting has to be an option if we mislynch toDay, looking at the numbers.

There are 8 of us right now.
Worst case scenario there are 3 scum, and thus 5 town.
Mislynch: 3 scum, 4 town.
Successful night kill: 3 scum, 3 town= game over= problem is this is likely if we mislynch since all our roles are out in the open.

However, if I take a shot in this situation and I hit scum, numbers go to 2 scum, 3 town and we still have a chance. If I shoot town, we obviously still lose but I haven't done anymore damage than the Night kill already did.

Less terrible scenario where there are 2 scum, 6 town.
Mislynch: 2 scum, 5 town.
Successful night kill: 2 scum, 4 town.
Vig shot, hit scum= 1 scum, 4 town. Vig shot, hit town: 2 scum, 3 town.
In this situation, either way my shot doesn't end the game either, SO I think that if we mislynch I should shoot. Assuming a J lynch toDay, my shot pool would likely be between RR and Nabe, because with their claims one of the two of them is likely scum.

However, if the lynchee toDay flips scum and you don't want me to shoot so we can get results in and figure them out toMorrow, then I understand that.

I'd like everyone to list their top scumpick of who they want lynched.

Nabe.
J.

I more or less picked up my read on RR toDay. See let me flesh this out a bit, the claims have really skewed my reads toDay because well for one, I thought Bardull/Sokr were scum yet they both flip town. (My reads this game...;_; ) RR's claim of having a restriction, then someone clearing it up, and then him getting a Track-RB seems really trippy for a couple of reasons.

1.) No-one claimed "I sober'd RR up." and plus we already have a Tracker+Watcher combo in the game as well, so it does not make sense that he would also get a tracker ability if we are considering the fact of One-shot cop and also your roles. I also do not get the point of a town one-shot RB considering what we have this game are one-night dependent or one-shot or couple shot(July's kill). The only PR we have that is every night it seems is Raz (which makes his the most believable and he went from being my strongest scummy read to my towniest read with that post. xD) Also RR's way of trying to make himself seem like a town leader is odd because I don't get the posturing he is trying to do. He isn't really considering all options (I.e. July lynch, No Lynch, and also 2-man mafia team instead of 3-man.) Plus I don't like how he continuously tries to direct what we should all do because I believe iirc, he was the first to call upon this as his reasoning.

During the first phase of the game, he was more anti-town than scummy but he did not offer anything substantial to the phase of the game. D2 is not something any of us can really gain from besides w.r.t. Marshy's slot. I've explained D3 as well.

JTB was a town read? I do not remember that one. If anyone, I would have watched Gorf last Night because he was the one most people saw as town in this game so I do not get that fact. Personal preference haha.

John's actions lack scum-intent and seem much more towny>scummy. I don't remember most of his posts sticking out to me as scummy, but the thing I remember most was disagreeing heavily with Bardull's case on John because it was a reach and did not really seem to showcase why John was scummy.

And fiiiine, I'm already late to my party as is so I will get something quickly up. July's posts as of late are just her trying to position herself to what town will most likely lean towards after he claim. She isn't trying to look for scum but more or less defend herself from the lynch. Her OMGUS attack on me is grimy because she had even stated for the entire game how I was one of her strongest town reads and that she felt I was town. She turns on me, the second I turn on her for being Indy yet that seems the pure basis of her flip. Looks just knee-jerk to me. Her play in the beginning day phases I can definitely see as cautious play for her in terms of what she was doing. I actually do not recall a single push July has made in this game and that makes me worry about her more. July usually has someone she attaches to and she pushes as scum but this game, I don't recall that, and if there was, it did not leave an impression.

Now trade me your thoughts on RR/July. ;P

I do not recall saying you were town, though tbh I cannot remember a majority of D1 since I just took the majority of it playing the catch up game and getting through things.
For most of the game I did find you townie because you only had minor actions that made me question you, such as you buddying me early on (which Circus pointed out) and your #163 which was vague and only hit on Gorf, RR, John and Bardull, despite Nabe and Circus' suspicions on you from earlier which I thought should have helped you get a read on him. But those things didn't stand out as having scummy intent like you pushing my lynch when you KNOW it could lead to an endgame situation showed. You even say that RR isn't considering all of the options because he wasn't willing to bet on there only being 2 scum or considering my lynch; but that's such a...twisted view on that situation. He's the first one who considered that I might be indy but he realized that if there are 3 scum then my lynch very likely means scum wins. What you've done is completely ignore that possibility and town wincon in order to push for my lynch even though you've acknowledged that I'm likely not mafia and that there could be 3 mafia, even though you think there are only 2.

And you've ignored my points and questions directed at you, of which I would especially like an answer to this question: Whether you would be willing to risk the game on my lynch?

#HBC | Nabe

@July
Are you confident enough in your read on J to shoot him toNight? I'd agree to that, I think he's scum, I think everyone has said he's scum.

Then we can make a value lynch toDay instead, me/Ryu (maybe Marshy) and still be fine as long as J is scum

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
....not everyone wants me dead RR.

Most of it is July, whose attack is primarily OMGUS on me thinking that she is an indy and she doesn't really care who dies at this point and is more worried about her own slot's longevity *especially when her main question towards me is "Would you care to risk the game on my lynch?"* Plus in your attack of my last post, she doesn't even focus on the meat of it. She just bypasses to something she can cling to and attacks that.

There is you, who seems to have a similar problem where you thought Nabe was the scummiest, until I started pointing out contradictions in your claim and your play this game. Can you explain what you dislike about my post instead of just switching to me because of some unknown reason?

There's Nabe who wants me dead for a "...?" reason but seems to be focusing on your slot more.

Than there is Marshy who is just "kay, lol Jscum, but I'll lynch Sokr instead." which is incredibly "......"

Side-note: If the lynch is going between Nabe/RR, I am deffo leaning towards RR because I don't see anything inherently scummy with Nabe this game nor does it make sense what he is doing in a scum PoV.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe you haven't responded to my #927, not interested?

RR, I want your thoughts on Nabe not responding to that.

I agree, we lynch J ToDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What in the world, everyone does want me lynched...;_;

I'm actually town though which is disappointing, seems I'm gonna have to kick this game up a notch because this is do or die and town losing because they lynch me will be devasting.

Gimme a bit.

#HBC | Nabe

If we go into the Night without a shot plan and our lynch flips town, it's July calling the shots. This way her shot at Night is not only under control, but it's targeting the person everyone agrees should die (J).

We're not doing anything productive if J is lynched toDay -- but a lynch between you and I means the rest need to take sides, which is informative and way more valuable than both of us getting our shot-in-the-dark actions toNight.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe there is the possibility of RR scum rb'ing July if we do that, so obviously that isn't a good option. Also, we don't have room for information lynches right now.

My #927 if you please

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It isn't an information lynch. One scum deffo lie in Nabe/RR and it's more than likely RR.

#HBC | Nabe

Well that is why I asked Raz to wifom between you/July. I was thinking you tracking RR would make sense since you suspect him, and since it's kind of already between you/RR, it would help us see who may be lying out of the both of you. I want to give you leeway to just use your best judgement, but it's kinda clammy. I don't know if we have room for you to do so. If we have you track RR while he does SOMETHING, we'll know for sure if he is lying about what he did. (By seeing what the visitee reports) Since J is most likely scum, tracking RR will help us have some info on him. It'll force him to show us his cards, because he has been very clammed up. I just don't like how he is trying to force what he wants, and I think he needs to be kept in check. I mean, I feel it is a safer bet to keep RR in check, rather then choosing a target in the dark to see if they kill at night. Of course, if you were to agree to tracking RR, you'd know he wouldn't be killing anyone, rite? (From your pov)

Also, don't you suspect weirdness from RR holding an ability but stated it during the day?

A doc can protect from a RB as well, right?
Assuming me and Ryu both make it to Night this is a waste of a Night's actions. I could WIFOM my track between Ryu/???, which still means a scumRyu wouldn't be able to make the Night's kill, but I can't specify a target on him. See from my perspective: he's claimed my ability as part of a two (now three) shot JoaT who doesn't have the cop ability of John. If he's scum roleblocker or something, I'll see him targeting X which tells me nothing. I'd rather use what is likely our last opportunity to find the kill.

Top Bottom