• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ninja'd

Marshtompy you really should unvote that. It's quicklynch risk.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yet RR is also for J/Nabe. What's your point?

John2k4

The End of an Era
But you both want Marshy to be in the clear, Ran. Do you really feel that strongly that he is not scum?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Marshy your posts are making me want your death more and more.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Damnit, wait. I read that as pick one that gets to die.

I want J to live.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But you both want Marshy to be in the clear, Ran. Do you really feel that strongly that he is not scum?
I feel strongly that J IS scum. I'd rather lynch him first. But what is July agreeing with me mean tho? So what.

What is your opinion of July?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Because I like J's posts. I already said the same thing less than an hour ago.
They seem to be thought out, and are giving me town vibes.

Nabe doesn't have to die. He is right behind J in terms of who can live from that list.

--

Ran - Her SK thing is what I do not like. Other than that, her posts are decent.

July

Smash Apprentice
JD's a new mod, but I would think that Sold/Xiivi//whoever he sent it to would have caught something like that, Ruy. It's all WIFOM.

July you've now hopped right onto Ran's train of thought.
If you could shoot someone right now, who would you pick? J or Nabe? Or anyone else?
Well I'm not sure how people aren't interested in the RR/Nabe tracking abilities, it seems unlikely to me that both would exist in this game and it makes me suspect Nabe. And J for the obvious reasons that he wanted me dead, was content with my lynch before a mass claim but supported the mass claim anyways, then after the mass claim went right back to calling for my lynch which could end the game.

Not giving out information on who I would shoot, especially since it largely depends on how the rest of the Day goes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I'm not sure how people aren't interested in the RR/Nabe tracking abilities, it seems unlikely to me that both would exist in this game and it makes me suspect Nabe. And J for the obvious reasons that he wanted me dead, was content with my lynch before a mass claim but supported the mass claim anyways, then after the mass claim went right back to calling for my lynch which could end the game.

Not giving out information on who I would shoot, especially since it largely depends on how the rest of the Day goes.
Can you go a bit further into the underlined? What are you talking about?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@ ranmaru

i think shes saying that she believes it to be unlikely that 2 town power roles would have tracking abilities

July

Smash Apprentice
As in why aren't more people contemplating the fact that both RR and Nabe claimed they have tracking abilities. Is that feasible for a game this size? I don't think it is, and it's one of the reasons I am suspicious of Nabe, and I think more people should be considering if its feasible or not and if its not because if its not then one of RR and Nabe should be on the chopping block.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Only people that have stuck out to me:

Ruy - Town Lean
Bardull - Scum Lean
Circus - Slight lean town
Sokr - ""

The rest are null to me.
Ok John here you stated you had a Null on MJ and Nabe early on in the game. Can you state what made them null, and what made your read on them change?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh @July+Marshy:

That is a bit weird actually. How does Nabe's and RR's role fit together???

John2k4

The End of an Era
Made them null because at the time of that post, I had not read much from them that stuck out to me.

Their D3 posts have both changed that. Why do you keep pressing on my reads when I keep explaining it to you? ._.

It's only natural in a Mafia game for reads to go from Null to Town/Scum. Why does it concern you that they switched from Null, Ran?
--
Ran, did your brain accidentally switch off again?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@ ranmaru

meh. i really dont analyze the setup like that. to me there seems to be themes in this game which are weird and id rather just kill people on play

by this i mean like

me red ryu and july all have claims that when we state them people are gonna be like "wtf anti town?" mine is somewhat of an executioner which is usually mafia (tho town executioners exist so being suspected solely for my claim is whack) while red ryu is like "wtf diamond?" and july is just obviously a serial killer not gonna delve into that

uh what else

watcher/doc relate to each other in a similar way that tracker/cop do. red ruys supposed roleblock is out of left field but whatever

then weve got your claim of even night watcher vs odd night tracker

meh. **** massclaims. just lynch off play cuz they often lead to confusion

John2k4

The End of an Era
The Plan:
Lynch Marshy
Roleblock July
Doc on John/Ruy
John Cops ???

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@John: I was just wondering why your read changed was all.

@July: Yeah I was just wondering out loud to everyone. It's just I said OH to both you and Marshy for explaining it to me. But yeah I don't see how a Tracker/Joat with a track fits together. Also if J flipped scum, I would deff look at Nabe.

Check my next post out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's not really about you. I only named that as a mechanism that I'm seeing in play.

MJ's entire post train has been fluff (not as big a deal) and mediation of posts and content (big deal). (Maybe I should say arbitration?) A page into the day, the slot already vibes as a stanceless go-between.

JTB doesn't read that way. He's been useless-useless, not goal-oriented-useless.

I'm asking for a correction of playstyle from MJ; they've made like 4 posts. It will be sus if play continues down that track.
Nabe hasn't had a solid stance on MJ, and was a bit conflicted. He says it wasn't a big deal, yet he asks MJ, or was asking him to have a change of playstyle. It was obviously a big deal to him since he asked MJ to change it.

He says if he continued, it'd be suspicious to him.

Unvote
(but please acknowledge / fix my concerns with your play, apparently @J rather than Sang)

Vote: Bardull
wagon vote natch
Here he asks again. Yet it isn't something to warrant a suspicion, and he wagons Bardull without really stating much of a reason. This shows he wasn't really interested in the MJ suspicion.

"keep urging"
I asked them exactly once, right here in the post you've quoted, and that requires them to first acknowledge that I've said it -- which I also asked for. MJ's a null, nothing has changed.

You suspect MJ? Could you elaborate, 'cause this is the first I've heard of it.
He says he only asked once, but this was not true. He asked twice, yet still there was no change nor action.

Of course, he did ask Circus about suspecting MJ, something that doesn't help him find scum in my opinion.

@Nabe: Why did you ask Circus that he suspected MJ? What was the point in that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RR: What is your opinion on Nabe being a tracker while you yourself have a track to use?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Wow, please don't keep asking questions then changing them, and please don't ask bad questions, I know it's late but just wow

As you already pointed out I'm suspicious of J, Marshy's posts actually are giving me good vibes, but I'm unsure why he quicklynched Sokr rather than trying to squeeze a J lynch.

J saying he thinks I'm more town than Ran def. looks like bull****, Ran claimed even-night first and I claimed after him, so objectively I could only be copying Ran, not vice-versa; the only way Ran should be scum from J's POV is if I'm scum with him.

I told MJ to change their play, and they didn't respond but the overlord-style I'd thought I saw in the beginning went away and that was the end of it. I can't figure out what you're getting at here, some kind of quibble with my language?

The reason I asked Circus if he suspected MJ is in the post you quoted; I asked him because before that he hadn't said anything about MJ at all i.e. it was out of the blue and I wanted his reasoning.

Sometimes it's like you're being intentionally obtuse :/

:phone:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Did Ryu claim before or after John? If it's after then IMO there's an inconsistency between their claims; John claims one-shot cop and Ryu claims JoaT with only two abilities. If there's a JoaT, it should have the cop shot as well rather than being split between two players. This and the conflict with my role gives me doubt on Ryu, as a result I'm really interested in the possibility of J/Ryu scumteam and will reread tomorrow with this in mind. Night all

July

Smash Apprentice
Did Ryu claim before or after John? If it's after then IMO there's an inconsistency between their claims; John claims one-shot cop and Ryu claims JoaT with only two abilities. If there's a JoaT, it should have the cop shot as well rather than being split between two players. This and the conflict with my role gives me doubt on Ryu, as a result I'm really interested in the possibility of J/Ryu scumteam and will reread tomorrow with this in mind. Night all

RR claimed after John.

This is an interesting point, I want to see RR and John's thoughts on this as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btw I lied, I have a third power, but I'm not claiming it for a reason.

I am the 2 of Diamonds, a lowly fellow who lost his memory in a drunken night, ever since my hangover I can't recall much, being a 2 and not a heart bummed me out so I spend each night drinking. I'm so drunk I can't do or remember anything.

Nights after my fateful hangover drinking I have recovered. I remember my status as a heart, still a 2 but I also remember the jack, I was a jack implying jack of all trades, then I got drunk demoted and forgot my role. No more self hate for me.

Paraphrased.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Why should a JoaT have a cop shot over anything else?

There is nothing wrong with a one shot cop if the nerf of the cop is to be one shot so scum doesn't need a role dedicated to it.

Top Bottom