• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey John, what's your opinion on Nabe and J?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I don't know, I've been getting town vibes from both of their posts. ._.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
From what exactly? Substantiate your reads bro.

Also why haven't you used your 1 shot yet? Just wonderin

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man that is a scummy role marshy.

Raz is town, don't even bother, two kills with no doc is bad set-up. Marshy wtf you can't tell me from a set-up perspective he is scum.

John2k4

The End of an Era
N1 I forgot about it, and quickly sent in a No Action when I was reminded (and anyways N1 is a terrible night to use a one-shot cop).
N2 I felt that I was still too unsure of who to use it on, so I passed.

Like I said, my role told me that my cop results were guaranteed to be correct, so I've been trying to put thought into who to use it on.

-

J's recent posts have been great, Ran. Logical and thought out.
I can go track down some Nabe posts from D2/early 3 if you want, Ran, but honestly I cannot see either of them being scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy's role is anti-town, but I wouldn't bank on his lynch ToDay man

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ruy, that's not even as long as a drinking straw. You worded that weird.

I'm all for Marshy being the play toDay.

John2k4

The End of an Era
However, we will not vote for him until everyone is ready, since scum could quickhammer.

Ran you should unvote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, I'm not unvoting.

Explain your plan and I'll give you my opinion on it

Pedit--

oh yeah sorrry

Unvote

FOS J

July

Smash Apprentice
Kk, so we have:

2 of Hearts- RR, JoaT (one shot track and roleblock), formerly 2 of Diamonds
3 of Hearts-Circus, Vanilla Town killed N1
4 of Hearts-?
5 of Hearts- Marshy, town card shark
6 of Hearts-Gorf, Vanilla Town killed N2
7 of Hearts- Sokr, Vanilla Town lynched D2
8 of Hearts-JTB, Vanilla Town killed N2

9 of Hearts- J, Vanilla Town
10 of Hearts- Bardull, Vanilla Town lynched D1
Jack of Hearts- Nabe, town odd-night tracker (N1 tracked July)
Queen of Hearts- Raziek, Doctor (no protect N1, J N2)
King of Hearts- Ranmaru, even-night watcher (N2 watched July)
Ace of Hearts- John, town one-shot cop
Ace of Spades- July, town vig

We don't have a 4 of Hearts, which is prolly because I'm not a Heart.

First thing that stands out after the claim is RR's track ability and Nabe's odd-night tracker. At first RR's claim threw up a red flag as he was the only number card with a power role, but Marshy's claim makes me feel a little better about that. I would still like RR and Marshy to elaborate on their flavor a bit. I like RR a little better than Nabe simply in that RR has been more open and easier to read, but I don't see the two of their roles making sense as both town roles in this game.

@Nabe: What are your reads on J and Raziek?

I like Ran, he's not only shown that his pr is real but I also think his reaction to seeing me visit someone who showed up dead the next morning was understandable.

Based on play and claims together I like Ran and RR. Having a doctor makes sense with a vig so I am willing to believe Raz's claim.

So I'm looking at J, Nabe, John, and Marshy right now, with J being my strongest suspicion.

@RR: What are your thoughts on both you and Nabe claiming tracking abilities?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My point is, I'm not going to lynch someone because of an anti-town role, I'm looking at play here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dude, I think J's actions have been scummier. RR, can you at least look at my reasoning for Jscum please and tell me what you think of it?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Man that is a scummy role marshy.

Raz is town, don't even bother, two kills with no doc is bad set-up. Marshy wtf you can't tell me from a set-up perspective he is scum.
i sure can!

first off claims dont mean **** shame i wasnt online to stop this ******** massclaim

HEY SCUM HERES ALL OUR POWER ROLES OUR CARDS (lol get it) ARE COMPLETELY SHOWN TO YOU

plus ranmaru (if hes town) being an even night watcher would be the protective role plus the possibility of july being bulletproof

i also dont care that "you wouldnt touch a role like mine with a 9 1/2 ft pole" not my fault youre too much of a wimp to just lynch a ***** who should die

i was so happy when i got this role its somewhat similar to an executioner. however there seems to be an underlying theme in this game that town power roles look scummy in a surface level (my power will have everyone be like "bawww anti town" red ryus change of role and julys weird wincon even tho shes sk but whatever)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not as bad as what Marshy did, at all.

D2 barely had any information and left us further in the dark on inactives, we learned little to nothing about alignment on anyone.

Knowingly cutting town off from information and using a PR full well knowing it did this instead of ignoring it for later, if he is town yeah sure he is, shows he has no effort to help town nor make himself readable in another sense.

He sticks to his Raz scum read for no reason even in the face of a very explainable Doc claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Some crazy **** going on, still reading.

Supersus J, hardpushing a lynch in MyLo when we don't have all the facts yet.
Nabe I take it you also suspect J as well and would support a J lynch ToDay?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Claims do mean **** if you can prove them and show it is reasonable for them to be around, a SK + mafia without a doctor is the stupid **** that happened in Dexter mafia.

"Hey three night kills and an abductor, have a Bodyguard!"

**** is stupid. Game without any way to interact with mafia night kill coul be fine, two night kills is a no go.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
so wait

youre saying claims are useful in that you can evaluate them and that a game without a doctor BUT a serial killer and mafia is unreasonable

then point to a game that had an sk + mafia

then act like this cant be a game that had sk + mafia

ok red ruy

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm saying if July is a Serial killer with a usurper wincon, which I do think she is, then not giving town a protective with mafia around is ********.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
but ranmarus watcher role would have that function in the setup. watcher is a protective role

i refuse to excuse scumbaggery over the course of the game just cuz someones claim. then again i pretty much dont care about any claims cept like masons and dayvig

yeah. this is why i hate massclaims

July

Smash Apprentice
@RR: Can you please talk about Nabe's tracking ability and if you think it's possible for both you and him to have tracking abilities?

Also, I agree with Ran that J has been scummy toDay pushing for a situation where town can easily lose and he knows it and is still pushing for it, which he has acknowledged as a possibility and is still pushing for it. Remember that if there are three mafia, right now all they have to do is push through a mislynch and get off a nk.

@Marshy: Thoughts on Nabe?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
theyre different roles but utilize a similar strategy: try to target the person who will be killed

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do agree, could go J, or Nabe, but I want Marshy.
Ok man, how about Marshy get copped, and we go J/Nabe?

What you think? Figure it out instead of trying to force it on us man

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
theyre different roles but utilize a similar strategy: try to target the person who will be killed
I agree, but in a sense it goes for protecting to stop a night kill, where as another tries to inform visitation.

~

Just realized, if Ran is town mods made a noob mod mistake of Watcher and Doc. Broken combo that will always get scum.

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm not convinced Marshy is going to flip scum, whereas I'm convinced one of J or Nabe will. Marshy's reads right now are consistently being based off play, he's not just pushing for an easy lynch, which I would expect scum to do at this point. I think J has been pushing for an easy lynch, and to get rid of the vig so that he doesn't have to worry about scum getting shot toNight.

John2k4

The End of an Era
JD's a new mod, but I would think that Sold/Xiivi//whoever he sent it to would have caught something like that, Ruy. It's all WIFOM.

July you've now hopped right onto Ran's train of thought.
If you could shoot someone right now, who would you pick? J or Nabe? Or anyone else?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree, but in a sense it goes for protecting to stop a night kill, where as another tries to inform visitation.

~

Just realized, if Ran is town mods made a noob mod mistake of Watcher and Doc. Broken combo that will always get scum.
I'm even night bro. Can't do it every night, and Rockin watched me (the doc) in inception maf. But it is pretty powerful.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
JD's a new mod, but I would think that Sold/Xiivi//whoever he sent it to would have caught something like that, Ruy. It's all WIFOM.

July you've now hopped right onto Ran's train of thought.
If you could shoot someone right now, who would you pick? J or Nabe? Or anyone else?
What does that mean, John?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
man

i cant believe i might get mislynched cuz of my ****ing role. i never get mislynched either :urg:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Oh look, AtE.

Ok man, how about Marshy get copped, and we go J/Nabe?
I'm not convinced Marshy is going to flip scum, whereas I'm convinced one of J or Nabe will. Marshy's reads right now are consistently being based off play, he's not just pushing for an easy lynch, which I would expect scum to do at this point. I think J has been pushing for an easy lynch, and to get rid of the vig so that he doesn't have to worry about scum getting shot toNight.
Ran - July's now on track with your thoughts. Same people, same things you both want done.

Top Bottom