• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Competitive Metagame Discussion

supermarth64

Smash Ace
One thing though. Colin seems to have not implemented Pain Split onto the formes, so you're stuck without them.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Bug Bite Scizor is over-rated, as U-turn will be better in almost every situation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bug Bite Scizor is over-rated, as U-turn will be better in almost every situation.
Yeah, on CB Scizors.

If you have a SD Scizor, Bug Bite is worth a hell of a lot more, more Power, and you're not losing your Carefully-planned SD from a forced Switch-out. There are other uses for Bug Bite in places like Ubers, but the same could be said for U-turn.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So...I didn't notice it until yesterday, but Sharpedo gets Super Fang. Considering my love for the little fish, I knew I'd have to find a set to utilize it in; and I think I may have actually found something viable for him. :)

Sharpedo@Liechi Berry/Leftovers
Rough Skin/Jolly
252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPE
- Substitute
- Super Fang
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet, but it sure does look pretty. Substitute-Super Fang gives Sharpedo some early-to-mid-game viability, and his dual STAB still gives him very nice neutral coverage (there are only 6 Pokemon altogether that it doesn't hit for neutral or better) for revenge killing and even a potential late-game sweep if it's really needed. Liechi berry is just a personal preference, as I'd like him to be even more viable for a late-game sweep, but lefties would probably be preferred by most for more subbing.

There are some problems with this set that I've taken note of though. Sharpedo is susceptible to all entry hazards and damaging weather forms, and is also so frail that just about any pursuit user could OHKO it on a switch. Still though, I think with the right team and a little prediction, this set could do some serious damage.

Thoughts? Comments? If anyone needs me to explain how this set is supposed to work just ask, as feedback would be highly appreciated. :)

Top Bottom