• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HBCPGA Jan 29 Harrisburg, PA

Damon180

Smash Ace
Thanks again everyone for coming out and supporting our event!
Thanks to Tant and my wife for helping out with the bracket which allowed me the opportunity to play, and to everyone who helped keep things rolling and keeping the atmosphere light. I'll post our next tournament, as well as the point results soon. We're thinking of having another really big event in March - I'll keep ya posted.
Drive safe and God bless!!!

Melee Singles
1: Umbra $40.00
2: Travis
3: Damon
4: Skylar

Brawl Teams

1: Zak & Tantalus $80.00
2: King Toon is Overrated
3: Ferminator & Lol.
4: Poyub

Brawl Singles

1: ZAK - DDD/Wario $95.00
2: UMBRA - MK/Pika $47.50
3: TANTALUS - DDD/MK $28.50
4: MAV - Falco/Marth/Fox $9.50
5: EE - MK/Snake $5.00
5: BERSERKER - Ike/Falco $5.00
7: POYO - MK/Kirby
7: THE MELON - Falco/Jiggles
9: ADAM - Snake
9: LOl. - MK
9: JAYCUB - Diddy
9: CHAD - Marth/Tink
13: NITE WING - Pika
13: BRYCE - Olimar
13: FERMINATOR - Snake/Rob
13: ALEX OF THE AURA - Lucario
17: CODY - Lucario
17: GAVIN - Diddy
17: BRISINGER581 - Pit/

J-kub

Smash Cadet
Even though I lost all my MMs, and didn't do so well in tourney, this tourney still *****, and I'll give you three reasons why. :D
1. Everyone that I MM'd, even some who I friendlied, gave me advice. EE, Berserker, Poyo, they all helped me out. Thanks, guys. ^_^
2. I did a lot better than I thought I would. Sure, I might just be starting out, and I have a lot to learn, but I believe I got better and learned a lot from this tourney. ^_^
3. I got to meet Coney, EE, Tant, FERMINATOR, see Poyo again, and a lot of other really cool people. ^_^
Thanks for all the advice guys! This tourney was awesome, I hope you guys go again next tourney! I'm psyched for it! ^_^
(Oh, I'm the Diddy kid with the "JACOB" tag, if you didn't remember. I teamed with Poyo, if you still don't remember. ^^; )
GGs, Guys. ^_^

D

Deleted member

sorry i missed out chad, my car got smashed last saturday so I have no ride now. I'm basically sitting in shippensburg with no melee practice as per usual.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Please change my characters to Kirby/MK. I beat Ferminator first round with all Kirby and I beat my brother with all MK, so I won the same amount of sets with both characters.

Also I want to give shoutouts to Jacob for doing so well and for the great time we had together today -^_^-

Also I never got my re-match with Berserker, hopefully next time ^^;

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I used Snake too, please add.

Another fun and quickly ran event, will play better next time, hopefully =X

M@v

Subarashii!
Here's an updated character list for the OP. Even included the character pics.
(coney went wario vs umbra and won a game or two with him)

Brawl Singles

1: CONEY - :dedede::wario:$95.00
2: UMBRA - :metaknight::pikachu2:$47.50
3: TANTALUS - :dedede::metaknight:$28.50
4: MAV - :falco::fox::marth: $9.50
5: EE - :metaknight::snake: $5.00
5: BERSERKER - :ike::falco:$5.00
7: POYO - :kirby2::metaknight:
7: THE MELON - :falco::jigglypuff:
9: ADAM -:snake:
9: LOl. - :metaknight:
9: JAYCUB - :diddy:
9: CHAD - :marth::toonlink:
13: NITE WING - :pikachu2:
13: BRYCE - :olimar:
13: FERMINATOR - :snake::rob:
13: ALEX OF THE AURA - :lucario:
17: CODY - :lucario:
17: GAVIN - :diddy:
17: BRISINGER581 - :pit:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Adam played Snake and Ferminator played Snake/R.O.B.

Also I feel my Kirby should be listed before my MK because I won a set 2-0 with Kirby and the set I won with MK was 2-1.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
It was a lot of fun.

Jacob- cool kid, had a lot of fun playing you

Damon- had fun camping with you, should have brought some marshmallows

Tantalus- it was cool seeing you again and send me your music folder D:

Cody- why did I not know there was another luc at this?

Melon- definitely have to play you again

EE- seems like you've gotten better since we played in Lebanon

M@v

Subarashii!
Fixed that poyo. Thanks.

SHOUTOUTS

1: CONEY- :dedede::wario:$95.00- Kicked my ***. rofl. I did ok game 1 then it went alllll downhill. I will figure you out eventually.

2: UMBRA - :metaknight::pikachu2:$47. - Old man doing work...again.

3: TANTALUS - :dedede::metaknight:$28.50 -ggs. You won't steal a set like that from me ever again. :awesome:

4: MAV - $9.50 :falco::fox::marth: - Learn to fight DDD. Like seriously. Hes a ****ing penguin with a giant hammer. Put him in warm weather or something. You were fully capable of getting 2nd at this and you know it.

5: EE - :metaknight::snake: $5.00 I FINALLY BEAT YOU :troll: But seriously great set as always, fun friendlies afterwards too. I also gained even more respect for you after that poyo thing.

5: BERSERKER - :ike::falco:$5.00 -I didn't use mk this time :awesome:. If you made mistakes I wouldn't of had to time you out :urg:

7: POYO - :kirby2::metaknight: Learn to win with your own skill and stop trying to bribe people. This is the second time you've done it and I'm losing more and more respect for you every single time you do it.

7: THE MELON - :falco::jigglypuff: Why did you go mk vs pat T_T. You gave up too easily :3

9: ADAM -:snake: O_O
9: LOl. - :metaknight: O_O
9: JAYCUB - :diddy: O_O

9: CHAD - :marth::toonlink:-ggs

13: NITE WING - :pikachu2: O_O
13: BRYCE - :olimar: O_O
13: FERMINATOR - :snake::rob: O_O
13: ALEX OF THE AURA - :lucario: O_O
17: CODY - :lucario: O_O
17: GAVIN - :diddy: O_O
17: BRISINGER581 - :pit: O_O

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hi

My dedede is better than my MK, true story, he makes people jump off cliffs

Everyone- GGs

Wanted to specifically shoutout to jakub, ferminator, and bryce, you all have a ton of potential and talent. You guys should get together and practice sometime and improve.

Also wanted to shoutout Alex of the Aura for bringing friends along. Good stuff.

I was pretty stressed during most of my matches and I think I age more each tournament I go to. Umbra in LF was a ton of fun though, i'm learning the ddd/mk matchup more and more so we'll see how it goes.

Coney- major shoutouts for helping me practice the night before, I hadn't played brawl with anyone for 2-3 weeks (not since bolts?) so that was really helpful to make sure I didn't suck all day, rofl. We should hang out more and play brawl less though. Heh.

M@V- we'll see next time. Things like this happen, heh.
Umbra- you're awesome dude

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
7: POYO - :kirby2::metaknight: Learn to win with your own skill and stop trying to bribe people. This is the second time you've done it and I'm losing more and more respect for you every single time you do it.
I know I shouldn't have, I just really wanted to play Berserker again in tourney but when you told me he was out, I didn't care anymore, he was the only person I was looking forward to playing so I was willing to do a lot to play him in tourney. I know I could've MM'd him but I felt it wouldn't be significant as if it was tourney like last time I played him.

Gonna do individual shoutouts now too.

1: CONEY- :dedede:$95.00- GGs, I'm disappointed how I did game 3, but you made a lot of mistakes game 2, so it's all good. Was a fun set.

2: UMBRA - :metaknight::pikachu2:$47. - Were you the guy who told me that Melee is a better game than Brawl and I should pick it up (assuming that cause you got first in Melee), I'm not sure who you are, but congrats on second O.o

3: TANTALUS - :dedede::metaknight:$28.50 - Good stuff against M@V O.o

4: MAV - $9.50 :falco::fox::marth: - Good stuff vs me and Jacob in teams, sorry I threw my controller and didn't shake, I was really frustrated and disappointed with myself.

5: EE - :metaknight::snake: $5.00 - GGs, sorry for trying to **** you over your win, I just wanted to play Berserker but if I advanced I wouldn't have gotten to play him anyway. Good **** ****** me XD

5: BERSERKER - :ike::falco:$5.00 - You're the only person I wanted to play in tourney and I didn't get to ;_;

7: POYO - :kirby2::metaknight: - Had a good time today, probably my funnest tourney even though I was there less for 5 hours XD

7: THE MELON - :falco::jigglypuff: - Like I said with M@V, sorry about what happened with me not shaking, I was just disappointed in myself. Good stuff with that clutch Pound XD

9: ADAM -:snake: - I'm surprised you did so well vs my brother O.o

9: LOl. - :metaknight: - You could've had me, you missed a really crucial free punish at the end D:

9: JAYCUB - :diddy: - You're the reason I went all the way up to PA and I'm glad I did. Hanging out with you, teaming, friendlies/MM and coaching you were really fun! You did really well too, you're definitely my favorite smasher and my best friend -^_^-

9: CHAD - :marth::toonlink: - Nice job running this great tourney, it was nice talking to you and seeing you again :D

13: NITE WING - :pikachu2: - We didn't get to do our money match, sorry about that ;_;

13: BRYCE - :olimar: - I don't think I talked to you.

13: FERMINATOR - :snake::rob: - You surprised me with your R.O.B. game 2 after game 1. I heard this was your first tourney so I'm really impressed. I hope to see you at more tourneys, watching you vs Jacob was fun too, but Jacob is my best friend so I wanted him to win ^^;

13: ALEX OF THE AURA - :lucario: - I don't think I talked to you.

17: CODY - :lucario: - I don't think I talked to you.

17: GAVIN - :diddy: - I don't think I talked to you.

17: BRISINGER581 - :pit: - I don't think I talked to you.

M@v

Subarashii!
Even if it worked poyo, I had knocked berserker out of the tourney by that point so you wouldn't of been able to face him anyway.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sorry I couldn't make it; I couldn't get off work. Ferminator repped for LoCal though and the ROB he used was my spirit there. Good **** though getting Tant's attention.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Even if it worked poyo, I had knocked berserker out of the tourney by that point so you wouldn't of been able to face him anyway.
I know, that's why when you told me that, I stopped. EE never actually decided he was thinking about it for a minute or two and said "I don't know, feel bad about this." or somehing along those lines, but was still thinking about it. Then when you told me something like "If you're doing this to play Berserker, I already knocked him out." I put my money away because I decided it wasn't worth it.

Also to anyone who wasn't at the tourney and is wondering what happened, I figure I might as well explain now.

So I was playing EE in tourney, he beats me solidly game 1 in MK dittos (it's a 1-stock, but only around 20%). I go to Kirby and we're playing, I'm at 1-stock and he's at 2-stocks, I already know he's going to win but I don't want to have gone all the way to PA but miss my chance to play Berserker in tourney (for those of you who don't know, last time I was in PA, Berserker beat me in pools in a very hyped set and I wanted to redeem myself from that) I pause the game and ask EE if he'll let me have the set if I give him $50, he says he'll do it for $30. When I pull out the money though, EE does seem hesitant because I think he felt bad about it. I ask to look at the brackets before I make my decision then Tant says I'd have to play him next. I was uncomfortable against Tant so I myself was doubting whether I should do this because Tant might beat me. But at the same time, I still really wanted to play Berserker. M@V then tells EE something along the lines of "If he's trying to bribe you, don't take it." and then he tells me "If you're doing this to play Berserker, I already knocked him out." at this point I realized I wasn't going to be able to do my goal in tourney now no matter what happened and the reason I went up to PA when there was a tourney in MD/VA the same day was to see my best friend (Jacob) so I decided it's not worth it and put my money away and quit the match (since I already had it paused on my last stock for like 2-3 minutes).

Just wanted to clear this up in case anyone was wondering, good **** to EE for beating me and thanks for not taking the offer anyway because I would've realized it would be pointless XD

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm not that much of a terrible person lol, I couldn't bring myself to take that much money from you dawg. Keep practicing so you beat me clean :)

Robfox

Smash Lord
lol @ EE good **** haven't seen U place N PA since Lebanon
Y did U ppl let Coney win again we cant have MD/VA killing our tourneys =__=
Good **** everybody
This guy Poyo smh U need a hug lol holding a grudge against Berserker..........the way I do Tant 0.o XD

Damon180

Smash Ace
Added some pics on the main post, enjoy! :)

I'm not that much of a terrible person lol, I couldn't bring myself to take that much money from you dawg. Keep practicing so you beat me clean :)
That's really not so bad. The madden guys can somehow afford $50-$300 on their money matches. Crazy stuff :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Fun tournament, I'll def have to come to more of these!

2: Travis- our matches were a lot of fun, <3 melee
3: Damon- thanks for hosting this, it was an awesome tournament. lol next time we play it'll have to be on a crt but ggs regardless
4: Skylar- ggs man, keep working on that ganon!
1: CONEY -raaaaaaape -_- lol awesome dedede, ggs, and it was nice seeing you again
3: TANTALUS - our matches were fun, keep playing dedede! I thought it was really good. nice seeing you again as well.
4: MAV - I was really hoping I'd get to play you this time buuuut you'll get em next time ^_^ thanks for driving, the trip was fun.
5: BERSERKER - timed out an mk with ike on rainbow cruise LOL good ****
7: THE MELON - ggs man, you really gave me a hard time until that sd in game 3 -_- don't get discouraged, just keep improving
17: CODY - fun matches, keep working on that lucario!
Cape: it was nice seeing you again after like 4 years lol. Still beast at melee, I wish you would've entered though :(

J-kub

Smash Cadet
Hi

My dedede is better than my MK, true story, he makes people jump off cliffs

Everyone- GGs

Wanted to specifically shoutout to jakub, ferminator, and bryce, you all have a ton of potential and talent. You guys should get together and practice sometime and improve.

Also wanted to shoutout Alex of the Aura for bringing friends along. Good stuff.

I was pretty stressed during most of my matches and I think I age more each tournament I go to. Umbra in LF was a ton of fun though, i'm learning the ddd/mk matchup more and more so we'll see how it goes.

Coney- major shoutouts for helping me practice the night before, I hadn't played brawl with anyone for 2-3 weeks (not since bolts?) so that was really helpful to make sure I didn't suck all day, rofl. We should hang out more and play brawl less though. Heh.

M@V- we'll see next time. Things like this happen, heh.
Umbra- you're awesome dude
Thanks Tant, it means a lot to me, unfortunately, I never got to meet Bryce. ^^;
By the way, thanks for the advice!

Prolimar

Smash Rookie
Wish I could change the name of this account, haven't used it for years until now...

I'm Bryce. I really need some help with the meta knight matchup because whenever I face a good one they destroy me. None of the very few friends that play brawl that I know use MK so I'm at an extremely steep disadvantage whenever I meet one. These HBCPGA tourneys have helped a lot but I wish I could practice with more people more often. This time around I got to practice with some good players like tantalus but I wound up going down after I was defeated by 2 MKs...

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Alright, since everyone is doing it (I'm Adam btw):

Nitewing/AlexoftheAura-Good games in friendlies. Reminded me that I needed to stick with Snake and not Marth/Ganon.

Lol.- It felt good to win the first game, but then I got destroyed on Norfair. The third game had me rushing at the end because of the timer, but you won fair and square. I've never crawled under anyone's tornado before, haha.

Cody- You've got a pretty good Lucario, keep working on it man. I'll admit, I got kinda lucky on that second match on Rainbow Cruise.

EE- Good stuff in those Snake dittos, I thought we were almost evenly matched there. I suck at fighting DDD though and you were really good. Congrats on getting 5th.

Chad- Nice job setting up the tournament. You were really helpful and everything seemed to go pretty smoothly.

Everyone else- I didn't get a chance to meet/play against. Maybe another time.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Shoutout Time!!!!!

1) Coney - good **** winning, ur d3 is too damn good, SO MANY READS!!! XD
2) Umbra - grandpa doin more work, i'm still SOOO pissed i didn't beat you, i thought i had a legit shot :c
3)Tantalus - good job, too bad we didn't play
4) M@V - epic hardcore curb stomp ftw, relax dumb **** happens a lot in this game, that's why it's not good :troll:, don't worry, it's all good
5) EE - nice meeting you, good job making top 5
5) Berserker - it seems that Harrisburg is ur center for hyped matches, dat ike!!
7) Poyo - fun match in doubles, so sry for time out, i almost never mean it, i was just scared ****less of the mk approaching jiggs at light speed out for my blood :c
7) Melon - is gonna drop ATs for a bit to work on his CQC again, it's been lacking in depth lately
9) Jaycub - srsly, ur getting pretty damn good at this, can't wait to see you at more tourneys!
9) Chad - good ****, had fun at this tourney, ur tl is getting damn good
13) NiteWing - good matches, work on ur spacing/killing iwth pika, u tend to be rather aggressive and u start fishing for the kill when ur opponent has high damage, other than that, ur a damn good pika!!!
13) Ferminator - good job LoCal recruit!!! too bad we didn't play, you were doing work!
13)AlexoftheAura - had lots of fun playing you, ur luca is legit, we gotta play more!!
17) Brisinger - don't worry bout last place dude, ur pit is pretty good. Had a great time playing with ya

To everybody else not mentioned, good ****!! Hopefully you'll see me at the next one!!

:205:

J-kub

Smash Cadet
Shoutout Time!!!!!

1) Coney - good **** winning, ur d3 is too damn good, SO MANY READS!!! XD
2) Umbra - grandpa doin more work, i'm still SOOO pissed i didn't beat you, i thought i had a legit shot :c
3)Tantalus - good job, too bad we didn't play
4) M@V - epic hardcore curb stomp ftw, relax dumb **** happens a lot in this game, that's why it's not good :troll:, don't worry, it's all good
5) EE - nice meeting you, good job making top 5
5) Berserker - it seems that Harrisburg is ur center for hyped matches, dat ike!!
7) Poyo - fun match in doubles, so sry for time out, i almost never mean it, i was just scared ****less of the mk approaching jiggs at light speed out for my blood :c
7) Melon - is gonna drop ATs for a bit to work on his CQC again, it's been lacking in depth lately
9) Jaycub - srsly, ur getting pretty damn good at this, can't wait to see you at more tourneys!
9) Chad - good ****, had fun at this tourney, ur tl is getting damn good
13) NiteWing - good matches, work on ur spacing/killing iwth pika, u tend to be rather aggressive and u start fishing for the kill when ur opponent has high damage, other than that, ur a damn good pika!!!
13) Ferminator - good job LoCal recruit!!! too bad we didn't play, you were doing work!
13)AlexoftheAura - had lots of fun playing you, ur luca is legit, we gotta play more!!
17) Brisinger - don't worry bout last place dude, ur pit is pretty good. Had a great time playing with ya

To everybody else not mentioned, good ****!! Hopefully you'll see me at the next one!!

:205:
Thanks Melon, I hope to see you at the next tourney!

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
^ I predict everyone will drop Brawl for Melee and the world will be a better place for it. To everyone who I played Melee with/against, thanks and ggs!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Glad to see everyone posting here. Keep it up guys! Really everyone at the tournament had a lot of potential aside from a few select individuals. Damon got a lot better too (that bomb kill on melon was hilarious). Would love to see you guys improve and do good at the next one!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
a select few individuals.........

tant hating on my complete lack of potential, I see how it is :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Umbra is clearly not talented, got 3 stocked in a 70/30 matchup

be better

(can't wait to play you again. very fun matches.)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
hey man, super duper secret surprise thunder technique almost worked! Coney is just way too good and gave me the elevator boots at the top of the screen ^_^

Damon180

Smash Ace
Our next event will be either Feb 26th in the mall, or March 12th in a hotel with a large Madden crowd. T-boy and I have to work out some details to see which one we're going with. I'll keep ya guys posted. Stay tuned for a point total update as well.

Top Bottom