• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HBCPGA.COM April 24, 2010

Damon180

Smash Ace
Phew, what a rush.
Another great tournament guys, thanks for your support. Our next event is May 22nd. Hopefully we'll see you there!

I recorded videos during the tournament, so stay tuned for those. They should be up in a week or two.

Here are the results:

Brawl Teams:
We had a round robin style that ended in a 3 way tie, played 2 more matches to decide the victor.
1 - You can't break those cuffs
(Vanilla Waffle + MetalMonster) - $80
3 - Men with short bathrobes
(Genghis Pot + Honor)
3 - Team Spectacles
(Damon180 + Vagabond)
4 - Custards last stand
(N1xon+U-mos)

Brawl Singles:

Max had to go to work, so he opted to forfeit. He took the larger purse, and Vanilla Waffle took first! Vanilla Waffle also won a hotel room and free entry fee to Players Bowl on May 15th! Come help us cheer him on!!!

1: Vanilla(Rob/ZSS) - $39.00
2: Max (Peach) - $78.00
3: Genghis Pot(DDD) - $13.00
4: U-mos (Kirby)
5: Vagabond (Pokemon/Falco/Wario)
5: Honor(Marth)
7: Damon180 (Marth/ZSS/Falco)
7: Metal Monster (Falco)
9: Chris(??)
9: Romao(??)
9: Tyler(Pika/Diddy)
9: N1XON (??)
13: Thor(Lucario/Pokemon)

Damon180

Smash Ace
Come to the next one! :) We have them once a month in the Harrisburg Mall.

We need more Melee support cause Vagabond wants to play Melee :).

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
max uses peach and ice climbers im guessing....
*i didn't go to this, but who else named max plays in PA tourneys and wins xd*

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Good games with everyone, sorry I nerd raged at how gd campy Brawl is but it's really frustrating not trying to fight in a fighting game and being rewarded for it (here's looking at you, two time out kirby). Everyone focus on Melee and the world will be a better place.

Also, lol at Max using Ice Climbers. Before your time, Woodman, when the latest Smash game was actually good...

GOLDONE07

Smash Cadet
Thank you to all the ppl who came out to support hbcpga tournaments.
Damon180 is a awsome tournament director!!!
And you guy's are a awsome group of gamers. We are going to do our best to keep holding great events.
See you May 22nd 2010

T-Boy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ack such an easy win for an amazing prize @_@

Thank you to all the ppl who came out to support hbcpga tournaments.
Damon180 is a awsome tournament director!!!
And you guy's are a awsome group of gamers. We are going to do our best to keep holding great events.
See you May 22nd 2010

T-Boy
tbqh full seeding would be nice, but yea these events are tight. I wish they were closer

Damon180

Smash Ace
Ack such an easy win for an amazing prize @_@

tbqh full seeding would be nice, but yea these events are tight. I wish they were closer
Now that I'm more familiar with the locals, I'll do my best to seed accordingly. Often times we don't have time for pools. Perhaps between 12-1 we could run pools instead of waiting for late arrivals... I'll give it some thought.
Players are at least seeded by location for the time being.

Genghis Pot

Smash Apprentice
Chad - Good Tourney. Lookin forward to those vids. I only used MK in 1 game of Doubles. I went straight D3 in Singles. Also I think pools is a fun idea.

Waffle - Very good set. Gratz on the Hotel room.

U Mos - Good games. LOL stop camping when your behind.

Tyler - Nice playin ya. Well done for your first tourney. Keep coming and you'll keep getting better

Thor - stop throwing frozen water balloons at peoples cars...nah never mind keep it up

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It was fun event. I am glad I got to meet some people. I was nervous about doubles because it wasn't going so well at the beginning. Once we switched things up and I played metaknight it seemed a lot easier. I would look and have two stocks while everyone else was down to there last.

I choked really bad in singles against honor.

Damon180

Smash Ace
jesus christ i wish people would throw money at me like this
The money is earned well enough! Vanilla Waffle did very well in singles. Money isn't everything though. We pride ourselves on high quality in addition to a good atmosphere.

Right now T-boy and I are talking about an invite only tournament around August for the top 20-30 *ranked players of HBCPGA. Payout will be around $500-700, our way of saying thanks for all of your support. Stay tuned for details.

*The top players are ranked by points based on the top 4 finalists in every tournament (1st-300, 2nd-200, 3rd-100, 4th-75). For those interested, the current ranking list is located here:

http://pub6.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=440849482&frmid=513&msgid=0

:)

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
this is max

i used no other characters besides peach in brackets

good work nate enjoy the trophy 'cause i already gave mine away :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Now that I'm more familiar with the locals, I'll do my best to seed accordingly. Often times we don't have time for pools. Perhaps between 12-1 we could run pools instead of waiting for late arrivals... I'll give it some thought.
Players are at least seeded by location for the time being.
Pools isn't necessary, I would say with a tourney in the mall and late entrants and what not (since it's in a very public location) it's cool. But yea, hard to do seeding till ya get to know everyone. These events are fun.

The money is earned well enough! Vanilla Waffle did very well in singles. Money isn't everything though. We pride ourselves on high quality in addition to a good atmosphere.

Right now T-boy and I are talking about an invite only tournament around August for the top 20-30 *ranked players of HBCPGA. Payout will be around $500-700, our way of saying thanks for all of your support. Stay tuned for details.

*The top players are ranked by points based on the top 4 finalists in every tournament (1st-300, 2nd-200, 3rd-100, 4th-75). For those interested, the current ranking list is located here:

http://pub6.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=440849482&frmid=513&msgid=0

:)
Ooo nice, very excited for this if it happens :)

As a side note though, you should change Pyronic Star to SSR so there's no confusion. PS is a different player from maryland, SSR is just like in love with him lol

Whenever UltimaScout comes to one of these I'll see if I can come along

and Xzax everyone deserves a shot at the spotlight. And you don't need the hotel room, you live in Philly. My apartment is your **** hotel room lol

Damon180

Smash Ace
Ooo nice, very excited for this if it happens :)

As a side note though, you should change Pyronic Star to SSR so there's no confusion. PS is a different player from maryland, SSR is just like in love with him lol
I did. Pyronic Star came to the first few tournaments we had months ago and won one that I have documented. I think he won two of them but only the one counts towards this year. Him and SSR are two different characters on the rankings list. Thanks for the help though. :)

Honor

Smash Apprentice
yea this was a good tourney

I look forward to playing waffle again

Genghis Pot always seems to knock me out of the bracket

Damon180

Smash Ace
When will the pictures be up? It might be a good idea to put a link to the HBCPGA.
Pictures... The ones that T-Boy took? They're at his site, just click on Gallery.
Wednesday I'll have time to start splitting the vids for everyone. Every month we're going to have a Featured Video. I believe that will be located under the Rankings tab.

Top Bottom