• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I agree with Shoyo. Fox, Marth, Shiek and the like are all very cheap. Fox and Shiek can just camp Zelda to like 50% or higher and just start tilting and uairing her. And Marth has his "hook shot" arm jump cancle grab, his wavedashing and his power advantage in a range contest. I'm not bashing them or people that use them, cause many good players have been very successful with them and have played some amazing matches. Many of those players I respect too.

I'll find a way to perfect that money kick so that I almost never miss. I also need to incorporate more tilts into my game. Esspecially the uptilt. Need softer fingers on the joystick. And I think that my edge guarding game could use some improvement as well. When I start loving fox match ups, then maybe I can call myself a Zelda master. >_>

I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a smashfest next week. Is anyone gonna host one elsewhere? I need my weekly dose of competetive smash. O_O

-Bobby

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I am going to try using Roy and Ganon. Been practicing lots of shffling today. Hope I get to play some people soon before my Zelda gets rusty. >_>

Any tips for Roy or Ganon? =) Thanks.

-Bobby

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
look up vids with neo using roy.
look up vids with *insert name* using ganon. there are just too many good ganons around.

i have returned from the dead.
i offically challenge shoyo's fox... with... fox! captain jack style.
learning a new character is probably the thing to keep me practicing.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
My Roy is nothing worth mentioning. Uh, throws, forward B, fsmash, dtilt, shuffls are the main. Charged B can be a good edgeguard at times. Neo is good to watch. And ADHD or whatever is good. I'm not sure if that's his name, but a video comes up on youtube if you type it.

Ganon, that's a good character. Not too hard to use, and a lot of good points. I'd ask Rhodney over everyone, but I'll give a bit of my suggestions. He has outrageous hitboxes(especially for his air attacks) so use that. Edgehog to upair is pretty neat and easy, so try using that often, especially for characters that can't avoid it. What else? L cancel all his aerials, and if they shield, you can use the jab as somewhat like a shine. Really fast and annoying. The downB thing is pretty good too. Pretty unexpected. All his aerials are good, so shuffl a lot. That fair kills. All his moves are strong, fast, and has high knockback, so you don't have to worry about comboing much. Fast but a little laggy.

Again, you should check the character forums for better tips.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Mother chucker, I hate Fox dittos! ****, I got two Fox dittos to do...I'll just cheap you with Falco, Marth, or Sheik if I get bored of all the gimping... >.>

Meh, I need the practice so I can get Juju more than last time.

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
wtf is captain jack style? Are you gonna mimic one of the most awesome players ever?

Also, Shoyo, my fox isn't all that good, ask Scott or Fobman

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
So, you're gonna play a fox that is similar to mine, except with short hops and shinedashes once in a while?

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
dang i think i left one of my controlers at jose house if any you have seen it just let me know(i miss it verry much). its a black one with a litlle black tie thing by the plug... for the person who returns it to me gets wooping reward fe of $00000000000000.00 my gosh have you ever seen so many zeros after a dollar sign in your life!?

just for the record i dunno why i hate watching combo vids... not saying they are all bad its just a lot that i see that are made from random people it seems like they make it of them owning like people doing he stupidest things and it makes them look so good... gosh...

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
yo dude gannon rocksmy socks platform dashing is hella fun land dashing off plat forms into f/u/b-airs are hella cool and my all time fave on batllefield is land dashing off platforms into the warlock kick... hella cool even though it almost neverhits i have fun doing it on coms looks hella cool... to bad i dont always make it back up some times...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Haha omg Byran, it took me awhile to figure out that you have two names on this forum. The fact that you have the same AIM tipped me off. >_>

And if you ever get around to updating that Hawaii Player finder, make sure you add me. First Aiea Smasher!!! =D

Thanks for the ganon help. We'll see how I "FAir" with him. I don't know what made me "DAir" to try ganon, but I hope I can "BAir" the lag of his smashes and arials and tilts.

^_^"

-Bobby

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
FRANK

FRANK

FRANK

hey if u ever do gett working on vid, put the time with ME yelling at TOM from the last video if you got it, im pretty sure u taped me with the video camera and **** have fun kinda expecting u to have it done by the next smash fest

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
dude!!!! sry still dident get a chance to update the hawaii smash players list got home from work just now and kinda tired so i no more work tommorw so yeaa should be updated!

also if anyone wanna come to our little dodgeball/potluck park day. contact me on aim---"MR MELLOW JELLO" no more aim message be via myspace... sad my life http://www.myspace.com/bryanoh600 or email me at bryan_rules_you@yahoo.com

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
lol @ rob....how do you go on the internet from the wii anyway? cause i got one HAHA shoyo. nah jk, youll find one. my aunty from the mainland bought one for me from there and brought it down, how lucky am i =)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey Andrew, I saw Paul today. I three stocked his Shiek. I don't get to three stock too many shieks so that felt good. =D Paul was speechless for once.

I need to start using the internet capabilities of my Wii too. I went to Gamestop today cause my UH crew mate wanted to pick up FF VI for the GBA. The people that work there said that hundreds of people come in everyday asking if they have any Wiis. That's insane.

Nice sig Dex. Here's my new one. Green looks nice on Zelda. $ Kick ftw.

-Bobby

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hehehe yeah, I don't really know how to use it too good either. I just spend alot of time making mistakes and undoing them. Playing with the airbrush is fun!!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey everyone! If you wanna smash this weekend, I'm inviting people to my Town House free play area. We usually use it for birthday parties and BBQs, but why not for smash. There will be a roof, bathroom, and benches for everything.

I know Bryan wanted to do dodgeball and a potluck. There is a park right outside of my neighborhood and it is a public place so we can eat and dodgeball there if you want. Sounds like a two for one bonus to me. So if you guys are interested, let me know.

Again, it's this week saturday. I don't know what the ride situation will be, but we'll work that out later. Ummmm also I think the latest we could stay would be about 9 pm cause I don't wanna stay too late. Also, we must be sure to be respectful to the neighborhood as well, but that shouldn't be a problem I'm sure. We can start smashing and dodgeballing as early as you guys want. I'm free all day that day.

Sooooo who's in??? =D

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
We have to see if bryan them want to switch locations.
If so, then I'm in!
More Game and Watch action for you guys!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah that'll be the biggest factor. If not, that's okay too. I'm also not sure on how much more homework I'm gonna have over the weekend. It'll all work out somehow. ^^

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ah okay. Looks like combining the events isn't gonna work out. That's fine though. Don't wanna mix up the events that have already been planned well in advance.

So yeah, cancle the saturday thing. Sorry Dex and Shoyo. I'll probably keep myself busy with shukudai. I have a feeling I'm gonna get alot dumped on me this week.

Top Bottom