• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
tuesdaaaay...... >.< i dont got classes on tuesday and thurs... but imma be there on tues tho cause i have to take care of things for one of my classes

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
You're lucky, I have classes on all the weekdays. My friends and I usually hang out at paradise palms during our breaks. So, who's planning on playing tomorrow?

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
As promised and two weeks late:

Pictures and movies would have been up on our third day had it not been for the stolen labtop with most our movies and photos. These are the few photos that I could snag on my camera, Alvin has movies of the last two days however and we'll be getting those online soon.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Before I forget, this was my souvenir from the last day. Actual handwriting and all. I could prolly scrape off some DNA and clone myself a super smasher.

---Edit--

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
dats awesome where is ken? .... any way when is the next sat you guys can play, cuz i hope u all aer still willing to play i might b able to open my house for a day so there is no 5 buck charges

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
oh rite i see it, its pretty big. man these people gota learn how to write nice lol jj

FireFly

Smash Lord
lol, listen to this. My friend made a Smash club at Kapolei High School and it actually got approved. It's run by my friends and theres only a bunch of nubs there with monthly tourneys and 1 teacher watching everything. The club is on Mondays and Fridays. I don't think I'm going to go there too often, maybe just once to see if anyone else is good from my school or something.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Not yet. I need to find out how much it will cost for everything (gamecube, controllers, memory card, games). I'm hoping that we can get the manager to let us use the tvs for free if we bring in all the equipment.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i wanna host another tourny >.< an island wide one but like i dont got the $$$ to rent out a venue.... any ideas were to hold one that would be cheap and stuff? idk just brain storming rite now if it does happen eyyyyy

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
scott sorry but i don't think there's competition in our school
it is just us 3 and 1 more from college
the others are playing around (crap)

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
For the tourney, how about someone with a good sized house. A big garage or yard or something? Put up those big swap meet tents. Ya know what I mean. Ghetto style.

FireFly

Smash Lord
kapolei rec center maybe like i said a while back. but they give you only 1 hour set up, 3 hour play time, and 1 hour clean up :/

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
thing is ... late say that 100 ppl show up for singles.... we need at least 8+ tvs to run things smoothly so the gamerooms idk if theres gonna be room enough to have that much tvs in there.... i was thinking of the campus ballroom but ive been in there and that place is huge >.< and and looks costly... -__- and the rec center aint a bad idea to bad we have a time limit for that>.< watevers ill think of something just keep giving me ideas cause work and school is getting to me adkfbakjsdvbfbad -___-

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
What if we use the extra room in the game room? We could probably fit at least 2 or 3 tvs there. Although the pool tables pose a problem in the main room... I'll see if my brother knows any places.

On a side note, I found out that I can get a gamecube for $60 at gamestop, and toys n' joys has controllers for $5.

FireFly

Smash Lord
Like I said earlier, there's a smash club at Kapolei High School now. There's a small chance of a huge island wide tourney.....

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
wtf wen did u say there was a club for SSBM.... the gay!!!! ****en noobs running the show there!!!! YOU TOO TOM!!!! lol nah idk since theres a club maybe try asking if we can use the gym or something for the tournament.... if can then shooooooooots

-EDIT-
if we are able to get a tourny up and running it would be Jose and maybe me hosting this shiz, Jose has the program that nealdt used for OC2 to run the tourny and he has exp running a tourny.... if anything tho we will be asking to help with tvs, donations, getting the word out etc.... *crosses fingers* if we can get a tourny up and running ^^

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
On a side note, I found out that I can get a gamecube for $60 at gamestop, and toys n' joys has controllers for $5.
Thats cool if you want a gamecube.... but if its for the gameroom at UH then you dont really have to buy we can just bring our own and set it up there ^^ if they let us play in there that is

FireFly

Smash Lord
Well my friend just got approved for the club on Friday. Kaz is in the smash club and he's the second best in the school I think

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
well if the club gets up and running hold a school tourny or something.... then if that does well ask if you can guys be able to do an island wide tourny.... say the graduets can help lol

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I was thinking of buying a gamecube, was so we could leave it in the game room, and also have a little more bargaining power. You know, so they could charge others per hour, but let us use it for free. That's assuming that they would be a little nicer if we lent them some equipment.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
im guessing tom is the best in his school.... any way wats the E.T.O this tournament for HI

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
idk really im just brainstorming whatever that comes to my head.... i REALLY want a tourny so it gives me a GOOD reason to play smash even more..... ive hardly been playin now due to school and work and ive been having the urge to play lately....

But once I have found a cheap venue to rent out or something everything else will fall into place so please i need feed back on were we can hold this shiz, spreading the word out will be pie so ya.

shininamaru

Smash Rookie
Haha thats pretty cool how you have a Smash club. [I mean I'd make one but the other group of people who play suck...horribly...to no end...] Here in Waiakea people like that are pushed aside way too much. If I ever do go up there though I know who to look for. PM me or something I need to know if there's anymore smashers on the big island!!

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
It's not progressing well. My friend thinks that we need to know a lot more about the game room before we start making suggestions (like who's in charge, what their policy is, etc.). I would feel kinda stupid if I argue with a guy who's a sophomore in his first year here.

shininamaru

Smash Rookie
sweet. My friend started a club at the UHH. its called the smash club. No its name isnt because he plays ssbm [actually dont think he does play much but if he's gonna have tourneys then I guess he might play]. We'll have tourneys for various games like Halo 2, SSBM, Tekken, Guilty Gear, MVC2 and some others.

Back on topic. do any of you guys know who's HI's #1? never really put much thought into it but if you knew it would be nice knowing. thanks in advance.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
well no offence to the oahu smashers but team livewire wrecks all..... i think we smashed with most of the oahu smashers and won.... hands down the best is either jose or nick but i say its jose lol ^^' we didnt smash with any other smashers in the other island but we want to and maybe planning to cause of the cheap flights to oter islands now but maybe idk....

but its been awhile since we challenged other ppl but ourselves tho... so things can change i wanna smash!!!! i wanna show off me new jiggs and doc ^^ and ive been playing a lot lately

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
jose is the best, but i was able to ditto him and win not to rag.... but it wasn't F*ckin easy

Top Bottom