• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

princess_of_hyrule

Smash Cadet
Awww...Livewire is closed already? :( I was looking forward to another weekend...aww shucks. Well, if anyone is planning to play somewhere, I'm willing to go. I checked and I am off on Saturday. I'll be practicing just in case. ;)

Anyway, good luck to whoever is going to OC2, sounds like a great opportunity to meet other really good smashers like you folks. :) See u all later.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was fun playing with you kapolei guys.
Hopefully the smashfests won't end with the closing of livewire.
You guys are the only smashers who are a challenge to me!!! (no offense to princess, well, maybe a little, aheeee)
I have improved since I've been playing you guys.
So, hope we still get to play sometime. You guys are lucky you live close to each other. Arg.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
gud god its closed already booooooooooooooooooo junk i was looking forward to another weekend 2 **** it, so we play at jose house or somthing lol just jokes but if can great lol

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Is The Zone even still open? Last I heard from them was the Entertainment Expo last April, but their site has been for a good amount of time.

uremog

Smash Ace
well, you seem to have talked to ken, you could just ask him where OC1 was hosted and superpages it for the phone number or look up OC1 and see if you can find where it was

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
K if i can get my controler back, ill be at the zone on sat idk some time like 2 or 3 ish but im leaving like 5ish some time around there my

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
The strange thing is, Ken and his brother don't remember where the OC1 was held. All they could recall was that it was some dojo in Westminster.

And the zone sounds good. Can anyone else make it?

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, what does that say under your name? I only recognize "anata no". The only reason I remember that, is because it got boring telling my friends your mom in english, so I started saying anata no okaasan.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
haha... in English, it says "Always On Your Mark - Always." ...I think it does
though I'm not sure about the Romanji...

idk, on a lot of online translators, it says "Always On Your Sign - Always."
o.O not sure about that one...

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
salt lake i go skoo near there moanalua HI , wuts ur name any way "on ur mark dude" if u can u could come play at the zone in Aiea

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
...my name's John :p
AIM: OnYourMarkItsumo

I don't go to Moanalua... but my bro just graduated from there lol
"the zone"?

btw, do you play in the band for MR. SETA ? rofl... i've always wanted to.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
yeah i do play for mr seta.... well any way im still going on sat idk wut time exacty but i should be there through 2-3ish idk if im not there just stick around

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Ping_Ping said:
Good News!!!!

Most Of Team Livewire Is Going To Oc2!!!! Just Got Our Plane Tix Today!!!!!
So how many of you Hawaiians are going to OC2? I see 11 people registered already, I hope there'll be room for some of us Alaskans on team Halaskii! My friend Justin and I just registered yesterday, and Lunaris and perhaps Kenjiblade are also planning on going. So there will probably be 2-4 Alaskans going.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
you guys could meet up and do a round robin thing and then top players will be on the team, and the others as alternates.
*sigh*

and by the way, how the hell do you do the super moonwalk?
I want to look super sexy by being able to do it.
The moonwalk threads pretty much just talk about how cool or sexy it is. I haven't seen any directions.

NVM, i found a vid. Time to practice

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
AnubisGX said:
you guys could meet up and do a round robin thing and then top players will be on the team, and the others as alternates.
*sigh*

and by the way, how the hell do you do the super moonwalk?
I want to look super sexy by being able to do it.
The moonwalk threads pretty much just talk about how cool or sexy it is. I haven't seen any directions.

NVM, i found a vid. Time to practice
Yeah, that move is very hard, I'm trying to learn it too. I do the half circle as fast as I can, but I can barely do it far enough to get the edge with it. It's even hard for me in slow motion.

A round robin sounds like a good way to decide the team. It looks like we will have at least a couple extra people.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
yeah well i freaking ate 2 of them in 2 matchs, some how i tried to block them with my face, did work to well

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Hey ciller, it's in pearl city.
When you get off the freeway, take the first right and it's near the Times supermarket.
Well guys, got the moonwalk down to 80% consistancy, it is teh sexy!!!
One time, I was practicing so hard that I started to sweat as if I was running a mile.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
next friday seems pretty open to me for the zone (samus) and multi other charaters

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Jose here. I wanna know how often you guys wanna Smash it up at the Zone, my house is fine and all for 1 on 1 training but in order for the crew to get better they need to play other people. We gotta build up a nice Smash community here in Hawaii so that when Ken announces OC3 we'll have a bigger pool of people whos skills are comparable. That means the lot of you are gonna get help from us so that you guys are able to step up your game.

I know its nice keeping the power players here on our side of the island, however thats not what a community of players should be doing. I'm gonna try my best spreading out the skill level across Many/All players on this AND other islands/Reigon (Alaska). I don't want our community to be lobsided skill-wise and I want a somewhat even playing field for everyone. Better players and a better community is what I'm saying.

To players on the Islands, as soon as Go Airlines opens up you'll be seeing our players island jumping so you guys won't be left out.

Oh and heres a page on how to get to my house in case you guys wanna smash it up when your in the area. When your on HI heading to Waianai, take the off ramp into Kapolei.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?a...apolei,+HI,+96707&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

If you guys have anything to ask me or want to get in touch with me add me to your myspace and I'll try my best to keep everyone updated.
http://myspace.com/tenyearwarranty

Cheers

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
jose when u coming down to zone bra, and wuts ur number just in case we need to call u

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
561 9777 (Don't leave a voice messege, I won't get it. Leave a text messege instead)

We will be going down to The Zone tomarrow (Thursday) 4ish. We got some Ewa beach players coming.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
hehehe ewa beach players? that would be me, except im from waipahu. you guys challenged my friends cousins sometime ago, they said their samus players good. im a fox player...my first post in the hawaii thread. SPRC or supercussionist.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Any idea when the OC3 would be? It's getting more and more doubtful that I can go to the OC2, since I can't find info on any of Ken's previous tournaments. Oh well, as long as his next tournament has Bombsoldier and Korius I'll be happy.

And tomorrow... I think I can make it to the zone around 4, as long as my dad or my brother don't mind waiting. I haven't played you guys in a long time. I hope I've gotten a little better...

FireFly

Smash Lord
Can't wait to play SPRC, and hopefully you've gotten better fuzzybunny. Play more with us to help. Oh btw, just to clarify, SPRC, your friends cousin didn't play our Samus player..... he played me!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Fuzzylittlbunny said:
Any idea when the OC3 would be? It's getting more and more doubtful that I can go to the OC2, since I can't find info on any of Ken's previous tournaments. Oh well, as long as his next tournament has Bombsoldier and Korius I'll be happy.

And tomorrow... I think I can make it to the zone around 4, as long as my dad or my brother don't mind waiting. I haven't played you guys in a long time. I hope I've gotten a little better...
OC2 is going to be the last big melee tournament period.
a tourney of this magnitude will never, EVER happen again for melee.

i suggest you work harder on oc2! :chuckle:

PlayeR oNe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Fuzzy Im the other Link player and hopefully I get to play you someday.. oh and to everybody whos going to zones today what time you guys staying till? I finish work at 4:30 so i'll arrive around 5ish. If anyone will still be their i'll glady go.... so please post or call me ups or text hehe.. 7815525

Top Bottom