• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble fighting noobs?

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
Are you a well trained brawler looking for a nice "with anyone" match? You clicked all the buttons nessessary then waited the three lifetimes untill you found some random opponents: an Ike a Lucario and a Snake. The match starts and they walk up to you...stop...you juke...then they attack in what seemed like a snail ambushed you! But little did you know the Snake planted his mine right under your feet...so now your airborn and a Lucario aura sphere somehow hits you and thus now you are falling into the Ike's smash A... You are now dead. Has somthing like this ever happen to you? Could it be lag? Are the noobs uniting? Did you think you were good but in reality you suck eggs? These are commen phenomina that has occured since the beginning of the brawl online craze and I will devote my life to solving these answers and many more... Try and survive out there and goodnight... :]

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
very true

yeah, but usually not, they're noobs because they have no knowlege nor skill

yea this is true... why dont noobs get better and train before going online...OR do they know they can cheap there way to victory? huh...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
yeah, but usually not, they're noobs because they have no knowlege nor skill
No,thats incorrect.They are labeled as that simply because they arent fully aware that their randomness is in fact a skill,and those that are so quick into finding excuses(like screaming lagger,spammer ect)instead of finding ways around that "spammer"are the real noobs if you ask me. :)

fear17

Smash Apprentice
thats not right talking about noobs online i dont have online but when i get it ill go on it no matter what and im a very good player even do im new to the smash boards

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
Well.......one of my friends (14) lost to my four year old cousin..............so....where was i going......he lost ......against a 4 yr old........oh right!......... he kno ur pain.......(not lying lol)

Shinkagehadou

Smash Rookie
I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS

That's all I see on Wifi, Ike. So I don't play With Anyone

I see Ike too (Mainly because i play him)

But I think these so call "Noobs" use Ike for the same reason I do, to take out long range fighters like Pit players who run away and spam the arrows or the ever popular star fox characters who's purpose in playing is just to get the smash ball.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I see Ike too (Mainly because i play him)

But I think these so call "Noobs" use Ike for the same reason I do, to take out long range fighters like Pit players who run away and spam the arrows or the ever popular star fox characters who's purpose in playing is just to get the smash ball.
Yes, because Ike is the best against long range characters...;)

Goldmick

Smash Rookie
Well.......one of my friends (14) lost to my four year old cousin..............so....where was i going......he lost ......against a 4 yr old........oh right!......... he kno ur pain.......(not lying lol)
I lost to a friends 6 year old brother, but he was really good playing.. Plus I chose random character and played with wario, and don't know how to use him.. So I lost.. Just, one match..
Bust I still Lost..

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
I lost to a friends 6 year old brother, but he was really good playing.. Plus I chose random character and played with wario, and don't know how to use him.. So I lost.. Just, one match..
Bust I still Lost..
You see my friend was using his best and has lots of experience with him.............the 4 yr old only started to play for 2 weeks...........and my friend still lost. More than once....it was three times in a row.

pnoid

Smash Cadet
bad cirumstances happen all the time i imagine it's not a big deal when they happen, even as a competetive player you should be able to take a loss like that in just an anyone brawl

PCHU

Smash Lord
If you can't beat a n00b Ike you clearly can't shield or spotdodge worth a lick.
You can see half of his attacks coming 40 miles away.
Wow.

N00b Sonics ARE annoying, but....
It's simple.
Let THEM run to YOU.
Take advantage of that.

N00b Snakes ARE a handful, but Marth kills them so bad.
When you are about Marth's sword range away from an approaching Snake, either A. Fsmash them or B. Counter.
Counter is hilarious, because you're countering air.
Snake's range is broken, but Marth can be broken, too.

N00b Lucarios aren't hard.
Ness, Lucas, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Marth, Ike, AND Zelda laugh in his face.
Why?
Because they can either A. Counter Lucario's Aura Ball (Lucario's 'counter' works as well) or B. Reflect it.
Besides, Lucario is a light character.
KILL.

I really don't see anything that is harder than those three.
Oh...
Wolf.
N00b Wolfs spam smashes and laser.
Spotdodge to a shorthopped fair approach?
Yes.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Are you a well trained brawler looking for a nice "with anyone" match? You clicked all the buttons nessessary then waited the three lifetimes untill you found some random opponents: an Ike a Lucario and a Snake. The match starts and they walk up to you...stop...you juke...then they attack in what seemed like a snail ambushed you! But little did you know the Snake planted his mine right under your feet...so now your airborn and a Lucario aura sphere somehow hits you and thus now you are falling into the Ike's smash A... You are now dead. Has somthing like this ever happen to you? Could it be lag? Are the noobs uniting? Did you think you were good but in reality you suck eggs? These are commen phenomina that has occured since the beginning of the brawl online craze and I will devote my life to solving these answers and many more... Try and survive out there and goodnight... :]
Are you speaking from personal experience? It could have been me, teaming with the noobs against you.. ;)

Besides, Lucario is a light character.
KILL.
No he's not. He's actually towards the middle/heavy end for weight.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Sorry about the incorrect information.
He just seems light.
And what the heck is Lucas?
People hit me hard, and I don't die.
I fly to make it seem that I WOULD die, but I don't.
Lucas must be mid or higher.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
wait, you guys actually play online? i used to then i had three matches in a row where we were at temple and the other three fighters just camped and taunted. i couldnt kill any of them cause they ran away.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so I guess you were playing me? :laugh: Lolz, to be honest, there are no noobs in Smash Bros. Some people just play the game for fun. And saying that inexperienced players shouldn't play online is like saying people who are disabled and can't help the economy shouldn't deserve to live... I'm pretty sure you were bad at this game the first time too, but it's not a good reason to make others feel bad.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you can honestly play a real serious match online. I know how to joke around with the noobs cuz its fun sometimes I admit, but when they are fighting...I usually see a kirby and like..2 ikes. and if i picked ike there will be 3 ikes. Ike is ridiculous. all everyone does is spam is smash. and since theres 3 of them its almost impossible to avoid sometimes. and kirbys...well screw them. I hate final cutter or whatever its called. I swear if I lose another game to a kirby final cutting me into a snake who has done nothing but charge his forward smash repeatedly I will seriously explodeeee. Don't even get me started on Ganondorf and his **** Warlock Punch and his down aerial.....

chckn

Smash Ace
This is so dumb. If you have even remote skill you should not be playing laggy item filled free for alls with random people. Do you seriously expect to be playing pros on random wifi matches? lolol

PCHU

Smash Lord
If you play me online, chances are you lost to my light blue Marth.
I am a good player.
The only thing that I hate about online is other people stealing my kills.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
In all seriousness, I believe that the reason someone would lose to those "noobs" is because they have unexpected tactics. They are unpredictable! Unless they are just spamming...

Anyway, competative battlers always expect the "standard" strategies when fighting an opponent. The camping, the combos, the button-canceling, b-sticking, and all that junk. So when they battle a non-competitive battler, they are thrown off-guard by the unpredictability and play worse. That's pretty much ht the case.;)

But if you guys are talking about anyone online.... good luck! Anything goes there and you can't do anything about it. Those guys you battle are probably halfway around the world from you!:laugh: It's no use complaining about it. Just hope that you will have an anyone 1 on 1 match and slaughter them.

Remember, anyone battles are for fun, not torture.^__^

British Geezer

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Snakes. Why does everybody have to pick Snake???!?
I don't know why EVERYBODY picks Snake, but I play as Snake quite often because I'm also a big fan of Metal Gear. His arsenal of attacks in that series is very similar to his SSB attacks, so I find it's very easy to control him in SSB.

Top Bottom