• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble fighting noobs?

Atsu

Smash Ace
If they're noobs than there shouldn't be any problem. If they're beating you with obvious/predictable tactics, it merely means that you're the noob. Not them. If it's unpredictable/unexpected, then that's some serious skill lol.

If you need a john, go with lag. It isn't as big of a double-edged sword.

marcookker

Smash Cadet
baaah, best anti noob weapon: kirby suicide (on maps with edge).
On maps with no edge, sucking near end of map then turn around and blow them out of map O_o

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Predictable tactics can be the best strategy in a free for all though, and the lag sometimes only improves that success.
When you have an Ike charging a fsmash, a Snake charging an fsmash, and a DDD spamming Waddle Dees, chances are your going to be ****ed.
Situation A: You dodge the Waddle Dee and end up in Ike's smash. Dead.
Situation B: You dodge the Waddle Dee and end up in Snake's smash. Dead.
Situation C: You dodge both smashes, but get hit by the god **** lucky Gordo. Dead.
Situation D: You dodge all three, but get caught in a slew of the same exact thing upon landing. Dead.
Situation E: You dodge all three, and attempt to pull some punishment for laggy smashes. Hooray :)
How I deal with it? I play Ike online instead of my normal G&W. I know its just for fun, but really, winning is a lot of the fun. The difference between me and them is that I throw in some ATs, and have a plan of what I'm doing. Its amazing how many people online don't even know what tilts are, which moves are actually good, and how to fight in the air.

If after the first match, I find that everybody is just taunting and being idiots, I switch to my Melee main, Jiggly and join in! Croutch spam ftw!!

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
When playing Online I generally try to kill my opponents in the most epic way possible. If your actually good and you can pull of cool stunts, the noobs will generally be discouraged and will leave the brawl, only to be replaced by another one!

And lag is a very reasonable arguement. Example.

*lag starts*
Ike is charging his foward smash. You hit R to shield and down to spot dodge. But button lag stops you in your tracks! Full punishment from Ikes fsmash.

*lag starts*
You make Yoshi do his egg role, and after missing try to turn around to avoid falling of the stage and dying. Button lag says hello and Yoshi falls and dies.

*lag begins*
You are recovering with lucario's upB. Button lag ignores the up and makes you charge your aura sphere while you fall to your death.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
*bump*

yea these things are annoying and now my gamecube controller broke and i cant even play anymore...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It gets annoying since they abuse items and put certain ones (Smash Balls, Poke Balls, etc) on high. I am developing ways to counter every type of chrarcter spam online.

Joyblossom

Smash Rookie
No,thats incorrect.They are labeled as that simply because they arent fully aware that their randomness is in fact a skill,and those that are so quick into finding excuses(like screaming lagger,spammer ect)instead of finding ways around that "spammer"are the real noobs if you ask me. :)
Thats well said. I completely agree with you. If you cant beat the noobs then you must be a noob too. Hey, dont get mad at me. Im just stating the obvious.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
why would i get mad? thats your opinion...

"while i may not agree with what you say ill defend to the death your right to say it" - *brain fart* i forgot this guys name...lol

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
Thats well said. I completely agree with you. If you cant beat the noobs then you must be a noob too. Hey, dont get mad at me. I'm just stating the obvious.
I'm not mad, but thats kinda a ******** statement. I am well above noob level and can play some pretty decent people(not pros) and compete somewhat. I STILL get owned by the amount of spam there is. On a small stage like FD with tons of smart bombs going on with 4 people? are you serious? how the hell do you avoid 3 smart bombs and everyone spamming falcon punch's and fully charged smashes....all with lag. explain that to me please.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you suck n00b nah just kidding. Remember that Play with Anyone is with ANYONE so you'll obviously get sum noobs on the way.
Unless you get it a lot, noobs are invading your wii.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
i faced this one guy who blows eggs and i was whooping him and in the middle of the 3rd fight (it was a friend who randomly appeared on my roster) my control stick broke and all i could do was run to the right and i quit the match and then he calls me a noob... WTF???

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Probably because he doesn't know that youur controller broke.

Time matches are gay. I find it absurd that an Ike can win with 4 falls and 6 KOs when I only have 1 fall and 2 KOs.
I don't have problems against spammers. It's item abusers that are the real problem. You know, the people who run from item to item and like to put the ridiculous items and the Smash Ball on high.
Against item abusers, I ocassionally like to play a cruel joke on them and put it on Poison Mushrooms on low so when they run to the item, they're screwed.

Anti-Ike strategy(not mine): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO70uBHhTHg works with Dedede too.

Anti-Kirby spammer strat: Use Snake. When you see him use stone, shield and stay close to him. C4 stick him during his exit stone animation. Shield to avoid the hammer. Wait for him to jump up to do it again and blow him up during the enter stone animation. If he has over 40%, it's a KO. For a easier strat, use the reverse Falcon Punch.
Learn to shield the Hammer and shield grab the Final Cutter.

More later.

P.S. Anyone who uses the term john in this thread fails for improper use of the term.

Jokes_On_You

Smash Rookie
I'm not that big of a fan of the "anyone" brawl option. Contrary to what some have said, I see very few Ikes now (there used to be so many). I usually have decent connection, rarely do I ever get any lag, so I can't blame my losses on that :laugh:
Anyway, the biggest problem I have with the online "anyone" brawls, is this: In a four player match, players A,B,C, and you D, this almost always happens for me. Player A will get K.o.d twice in a row, and totally STOP playing. They drop their contoller and let their character stand still, doing nothing. Players B and C realize he/she won't fight back and start to attack ONLY the player thats no longer defending themselves. All the while, you, player D, is trying to fight B and C, trying to keep up while they are scoring free kills.
It happens to me ALL THE TIME. Players that fight the ones who aren't playing annoy me more than anything else. Id rather fight three Pits who stand on the opposite side of the stage and spam arrows than that. Does anyone else have this problem?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm not mad, but thats kinda a ******** statement. I am well above noob level and can play some pretty decent people(not pros) and compete somewhat. I STILL get owned by the amount of spam there is. On a small stage like FD with tons of smart bombs going on with 4 people? are you serious? how the hell do you avoid 3 smart bombs and everyone spamming falcon punch's and fully charged smashes....all with lag. explain that to me please.
Eh, noobspam is hard to avoid if you somehow get caught in the middle, but if you have any ounce of skill, you can dismantle it, one annoyance at a time.

Also, smartbombs? SDI. Spam the control stick /C-stick in a direction and gtfo of there.

Ping trick: Tap shield. Feel out how long it takes for shield to come up, apply this to your timing and do things ahead of time (at least, hold shield when approaching Ike)

Ike is overrated online. If you think he's overpowered online, you're just being nooby. It's projectile-spamming characters that are a pain in the butt online. Seriously, in red lag, if I fight against a TL, I usually hit shield AS the arrow/whatever is coming out while standing halfway across the stage and still get hit.

PS: "you" is an indirect subject. I'm just being lazy with grammar and not directing this to whoever i just quoted.

lol, a few times, I've messed around in With Anyone mode and destroyed people with Sonic. Eventually one guy will pick Sonic and start spamming spindashes thinking he's hotstuff and then I single him out `.`;

one move does not a character make. even Sonic.

D

Deleted member

I hate when I win a few times with G&W all the gay Kirby-nine-year-olds immediatly switch to G&W and do 2 minutes worth of key spam. When I win with Ganondorf here's what happens, Dair, Dair, Dair, Dair, Over B, down smash, over smash, over smash, Over B, down smash, reverse warlock punch.

Meccs

@Meccs_
wait, you guys actually play online? i used to then i had three matches in a row where we were at temple and the other three fighters just camped and taunted. i couldnt kill any of them cause they ran away.
was it against a Ness, Marth and (i think) Kirby? cause that was me, haha. Taunt Parties are lots of fun. (if it was you) after you left we got a G&W and we did taunt parties for another good hour or so...

Sometimes I actually wanna fight, but other times it's just fun to relax.

Kazura

Smash Cadet
I actually like taunt-playing more than the actual fighting online. If thats what it is to be a noob, I'm happy with that ^.~

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
I hate when I win a few times with G&W all the gay Kirby-nine-year-olds immediatly switch to G&W and do 2 minutes worth of key spam. When I win with Ganondorf here's what happens, Dair, Dair, Dair, Dair, Over B, down smash, over smash, over smash, Over B, down smash, reverse warlock punch.
uhh dont you mean up instead of over?

up > over

Top Bottom