• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 46
As of this post, the voting for our 2 new female fighters is now over! Which means we have 2 winners!
Unfortunately the vote was not that close for me to do an extra winner, but that leaves room for the final character job to encompass the last 3 slots!
But, who are the direct next 2, you may ask?

First up, at 16 points, it's the long overdue fan-favorite...
One of the stars of Friendship is Magic, Pinkie Pie, is now joining the roster, as nominated by @Darkonedagger!
I wasn't quite sure if we were ever bound to get another Pony in the base roster, but the series definitely deserves it, and given how iconic Pinkie is, this is definitely a welcome addition!

Speaking of icons... In second place, at 13 points, it's another fan-favorite from a core Hasbro IP! Of course, I'm referring to...
The mantle of Pink Ranger, as carried in Time Force by Jennifer Scotts! This character was nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare , A.K.A Me!!!
A Power Ranger character was definitely going to happen, especially since we only had 2 actual Rangers on the roster, and I'm definitely glad that the Pink Ranger was one of them! With this, we also now have a Power Ranger that doesn't originate from Mighty Morphin', which I'm sure pleases a lot fans invested in this project!
Coincidentally, she is also the second Leader of the Power Rangers whose name ends with Scott(s) that is playable in this roster, though she is of course completely unrelated! Weird how last names work, innit?
Pinkie Pie: 16
Jennifer Scotts: 13
Zoe Trent: 8
Miss Twister: 7
Peppa Pig: 4
Sunny Starscout: 3
Baroness: 2
Violet Vanderfeller: 1
Owlette: 0
Miss Twister and Zoe actually took the lead, but as more votes piled in our 2 winners did surpass them by quite a bit. Hey, it happens!
Unfortunately no new series are joining the roster this round... but next round will definitely be viable for that, so no worries!
NEW VOTES
Moving on, it's time to vote for a Takara-Tomy stage! We have 4 nominees:
For now, I'm going to say we only have room for 2, so for this vote, go ahead and rank only your top 2, and your own can't be in first!
  1. Plarail World
  2. Tomy Blip
Additionally, we also have 3 TT-inspired items!
As usual for items, list out all 3 and simply put down Y (Yes) or N (No) next to them!
For me, all three of these are a yes!
NEW JOBS
Alright, for today's job, I'm gonna be honest and say it's mostly filler until we get to the good stuff on the weekend, starting tomorrow. But hey, it's nice to have gaps like these to settle the thread in a little!

Job: Nominate a NERF Item!
I don't know about you, but having just one or two NERF guns isn't enough for me. Go ahead and start putting down submissions for NERF items for this game! We have plenty of options with unique functions, so good luck!
1. Tomica/Plarail World. Honestly, this is just a really solid concept, and one I think feels really fresh!
2. Beyblade Stadiums. I know next to nothing about Beyblade except Tyson's name and letting it rip, but the fact that I even know that Beyblade exists pretty solidly suggests a stage makes some sense.

I'd say yes for all of the items, by the way! All three seem pretty neat.

As for a NERF item, well... let's go a little weird!

Item Name: Nerf Critters
Item Origin: Nerf Critters (1977)

Back in the 60s and 70s, Nerf was better-known for having toys made of foam than they were for blasters and the like. One particular series from this period - the Critters - feels like a solid representation of this period in the brand's history! Whilst all three of them would be represented (the Nerfworm, Nerfosaur, and Sea Nerfent respectively), they'd actually just be reskins of the same item. Think of them a little like how the Barrel can look different in Smash, except their appearance isn't dependent on the stage, and is instead just a random roll of the dice each time.

In terms of function, the Critters essentially act as a rolling platform. Fighters are able to stand on top of them, but attacking them from either side sends them rolling forward! The Critters are also gravity-affected, so they'll roll right off an edge if they come to one. They'll also roll downhill should they be on an incline. Whilst their rolling can be a bit annoying for characters who use camping to their advantage, this becomes very dangerous if you're hit by one! Whilst their damage output is low (they are only made of foam, after all) their knockback is deceptively high. If killed by a Critter in this way, the point will go to the last person to hit the Critter.

D

Deleted member

08a6be2898567e9441671ba8162fd436.png

Laser Ops Blaster

Works like a classic Ray Gun item, but first it wl shoot out a light that will tag an opponent, you can then fire for a shot that will land right in target.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 47
Votes for our new TOMY Content are in! Our next two stages. at 14 points and 9 points respectively, are...
Beyblade World Stadiums
Tomica/Plarail World
Congratulatioms to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !
A Beyblade stage seemed pretty overdue, given it's a series that was included in the first week of the thread (time flies), but the idea of Plarail World is especially creative and interesting.
Beyblade World Stadiums: 14
Tomica/Plarail World: 9
TOMY Blip: 4
Blue City: 0
I was also interested in the TOMY Blip but unfortunately that did not make the cut; Perhaps in the future!

On another note, all 3 items are being included under unanimous agreement! Some great TT representation for this game all-around, especially with Transformers accounted for.

Now, moving on...
NEW VOTES
We got quite a handful of submissions for the NERF Items Job, even with just 1 per user. Honestly, way to go, guys!
Again, go yes or no on each one, just like yesterday! For this I'm likely just going to go "All Yes" again, and I'm hoping that sentiment is shared.

On another note... this idea didn't hit me until after I posted yesterday's jobs. But, going back to a similar practice I used in Week 1, I'll see if this can get the warranted amount of support for inclusion.
This is an official, Hasbro licensed NERF Challenge Arena that was launched and used sometime in 2019, which itself is based on the backgrounds used in various NERF commercials.
Given what the next couple Stage jobs are, we're not likely to have a chance to include this as a submission, so...
Go ahead and put in a community vote! The results will be closed in tomorrow.
NEW JOBS
I did promise a big job to replace the usual Character job today, so...

Job: Nominate a Boss or Mini-Boss!
Self-explanatory; Make sure to label whether the submission is a boss or mini-boss; Also, note that any series is allowed for submission this time around! Go wild with what character you wanna see as Boss fights!

Movesets & Arcade Endings for Any Character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'd say yes for all again! All of the item ideas this time around were really cool.

As for a boss... well, we may already have one mechanical terror to go up against, but I think a second one could be an opportunity for us to look back...

Boss Name: Omnibot
Boss Origin: Omnibot (1980s)

I know we're not really continuing with our Tomy theme in this round, but I felt this was too good of an opportunity to miss. Omnibot - the archetypical 1980s toy robot that you probably recognise from How I Met Your Mother - would in this case fight with a wide variety of robotically-aligned toys from Tomy's library, chief among them the Armatron. Unlike your archetypical platfighter boss, Omnibot is essentially fought by proxy - sending out Omnibot 2000s to attack you as mooks, but also using gigantic Armatrons to fight you from above. You'll need to damage them in order to damage Omnibot, and as you weaken it enough, it'll collapse from the background into the foreground so that you can wail on it well and truly. I think it'd be cool if their default "boss arena" (should they have one) implements other electronic Takara-Tomy equipment here and there too - like arrays of computers similar in appearance to the Tomy Tutor, for example.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all the NERF items. There is so much variety here for sure. Also, the NERF arena should be a stage for sure.

Mini Boss:

Resubmitting Shadow Raiders (Transformers)

ezgif-4-d66b3aa72d.jpg

Basically, this would be a bit of a raid boss fight as to represent villains from the live-action Transformers films. You will have to fight a horde of 20 of them. 5 will appear at a time. Be careful! They are all super powerful and have top combatant skills. They are around the same size as the average fighter but they pack a punch.

D

Deleted member

Yes to all all items once again

Gonna resubmit this lad but as a boss

View attachment 364740
Metlar (Inhumanoids)

You're probably asking "who?" "from what?"

Inhumanoids is a toy line which was turned into an animated film and subsequent television seires. Focusing on subterranean monsters who do battle with the heroic armor wearing Earth Corps. Inhumanoids is a unique case where the Earth Corps may be the heroes, but the titular Inhumanoids are the star. I think it makes sense to go with one as the playable rep. I considered a couple, but Metlar felt like the most obvious pick.

Metlar is the leader of the Inhumanoids. A former slave who became the tyrant leader of the Inhumanoids. Metlar would be our Bowser analogue, with a little Charazard for good measure. He's super strong, has enhanced durability, can be breathe fire, and can even create balls of Lava from his mouth which he can throw.

Inhumanoids may not have quite the same brand value as Transfomers or Gi Joe. But it's still a Hasbro series I think would be cool to see here. These 80s action shows are such a big part of hasbro's legacy. It's part of the comic book shared universe they're currently doing.

View attachment 364742

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Mini-Boss
LORD DRAKKON
Gonna take this opportunity to nominate a character that I feel hasn't been getting a fair shake.

A lot of this should be self-explanatory; Tommy Oliver from an alternate timeline where he never strayed from evil. A recent character from the Boom! Comics that has since blown up in popularity, with a featured appearance in Battle for the Grid. Truth be told, not a lot of PR Villains actually gain major popularity, at least not the levels of Rita and Zedd, but Drakkon definitely did and for a Multiverse inspired game he fits like a glove.
As a Mini-Boss he could very reasonable take influence from Tommy whilst incorporating his own Drakkon-inspired attacks; And of course Tommy's inevitable Drakkon costume would be unlocked through beating him.

Don't have much else to say. Truth be told I'm not very big on PR but I wanted to give a chance to this character.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 48
Just to quickly wrap-up Yesterday's votes;
All NERF Items are being included, and the NERF Arena will be included as a stage; Both of these were all unanimous decision, so special thanks to all who participated!
Glad we were able to NERF up this thread the best we could!
NEW VOTES
Rounding out our last Boss Jobs, we got 5 submissions from yesterday! Thank you to all who nominated! Our nominees this time are:
For this vote, I want y'all to rank your Top 3. Only the top 2 will become bosses/mini-bosses; This will bring our number up to 8 bosses total, which I think is a fair number to end our bosses at. Who knows what DLC will entail, though! But anyhow. Rank your Top 3, and your own can't be in first! For me, personally, my votes are:
  1. Omnibot
  2. Drakkon
  3. Tirek
I feel the Omnibot as a boss is just a perfect way to represent a toy like the Omnibot, similar to how R.O.B. was a recurring enemy in Subspace. Honestly for me I think Takara needs a little more; I also think Tirek is the perfect MLP Boss, but of course Drakkon will still get the self-vote.
NEW JOBS
As you all know, Friday is nominally stage day! This may be our second to last Stage Job, so today I'm using this opportunity to fill in another gap in the stages.

Job: Nominate a MLP Stage!
One of Hasbro's biggest series is undoubtedly MLP, but out of 34 stages so far, only 2 are from that franchise. I think we could go further a little more, especially since we have 4 MLP characters in the roster as well, so I'm opting to go back to this theme and ask y'all to pick out a locale from MLP, from any gen! Let's see what we get!

Open Discussion: Is my username change too confusing?
I realize this came out of nowhere and I did want to make sure there was no confusion as I continue to run this thread.

That's about it for today. For the weekend, I will be up front with what the jobs are: Tomorrow will be the final assist job (Previously I said 2 more, but I've changed my mind on that; We have about 12 assists as is and are bound to get a handful more anyway).
Sunday will be another reflection day, but it will be a big one as DLC will be our topic of discussion. Stay tuned for that!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing this
Stage: Smooze Flood

Taken from the G1 MLP movie, this is an upwards scrolling stage similar to Melee Icicle Mountain, albeit with the scrolling being very periodic and frequently stopping like Dream Land GB - you climb up a waterfall that's been caught by the Smooze. The platforms are all debris of the once-magestic buildings and fauna trapped in the creature, with the left and rightmost sides of the stage being safe areas with static tree platforms and no Smooze. You can get caught in the mouths of the smooze, which will chew you up, requiring you to mash before they go to the blast zone. The friendly G4 Smooze will sometimes appear, caught up in the waterfall as a blink-or-you-miss it cameo, but has no gameplay effect

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: MLP Stage
THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE
A huge locale originating from Season 3 of FiM;
A kingdom that outright disappeared for a thousand years after a battle with Princess Celestia and King Sombra, the Crystal Empire is, as it's name would suggest, a city made entirely of beautiful, unbreakable crystals.

As a stage, the fight would mostly take place in the Town Square (seen above) with the main Castle in the background; However, numerous stage hazards would appear as King Sombra, the original dictator of the Crystal Empire, would make his return to take over once again!
Appearing primarily in his shadow form, various Shadow crystals would rise from the ground and spike the players that happen to touch it. However, the Prince of the Crystal Empire, Shining Armor, would cast a barrier around the city from time to time, affecting the blast zones of the stage, as the fight goes on!
Sombra cannot be fought directly, and is mostly a background character

(I am away from my computer so a more thorough write-up will have to wait. But this gets a pretty good gist of the stage.)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Omnibot
2. Lord Tirek
3. Lord Drakkon.

I love the idea of Omnibot as a boss.

My Little Pony Stage:

Flutter Valley

ezgif-3-75fb2413cf.jpg

First seen in My Little Pony: The Movie, this place is home of the Flutter Ponies. We need more G1 content for My Little Pony in this game. The layout of this stage will be just the Smashville layout as I feel a My Little Pony stage should be part of a competitively legal ruleset. The Flutter Ponies are in the background watching and the stage is made up of the nature that makes up Flutter Valley. A simple stage representing G1 My Little Pony.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I did forget to mention, but I am thinking about reworking the costume system to be more similar to Multiversus.
I don't think the Smash-style system is working well for a nomination-based thread.

How would you guys feel about this?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Lord Drakkon. i think this is a really cool concept!
2. Lord Tirek. he looks like a lynel from zelda
3. Omnibot. self-vote lmao

I did forget to mention, but I am thinking about reworking the costume system to be more similar to Multiversus.
I don't think the Smash-style system is working well for a nomination-based thread.

How would you guys feel about this?
seems good to me!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 49
Yesterday's boss vote is officially closed now!
And in an unbelievable turn of events... we ended up in a tie! Both first place winners amassed 15 points!
Fortunately, I already said the top 2 would be included, so in any case this makes no difference, but it's good to see the enthusiasm for both picks! Anyhow, as to actually reveal them...
Lord Drakkon
Omnibot
Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for the win! This boss definitely rounds out the TOMY representation on this thread!
And of course Drakkon is just a very fitting inclusion for the Power Rangers franchise.
Lord Drakkon: 15
Omnibot: 15
Lord Tirek: 8
Shadow Raiders: 3
Metlar: 1
Tirek is still definitely a boss I would like to see. Perhaps for DLC!
NEW VOTES
And rounding out our list of MLP Stages, we have 4 different submissions! Double what they were for the first round, believe it or not! Kind wish it was the other way around but whatever
All 4 of these locations are pretty unique as well; Going down the list...
I went ahead and also listed each Gen for which the stage originates. Gen 1 representation has been a recurring request on this thread, and this might finally be the moment for it!
Only 2 of these stages will make it into the base game. All of these are fantastic picks, but I will ask you rank only your Top 2, and your own can't be in first. Good luck!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate an Assist character!
As I've said before, this is the final assist job we will have on this thread, as we'll then be wrapping it up with the playable characters. We have 12 so far, and given this job we're likely to end up with 15 or more, which I think is plenty. With that in mind, go ahead and submit a character you feel like deserves to see representation in this game!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Smooze Flood
2. Flutter Valley

Assist Character:

Diddy Wishingwell (Weebles)

Weebles_Diddy_Wishingwell.jpg

I totally forgot about these guys and just remembered they are Hasbro (mostly the fact that there was some sort of direct-to-home video movie/show that I saw the promo for all the time). Basically, Diddy will follow you around throughout the fight and occassionally tip down, causing damage to any fighters nearby it as the slogan for Weebles goes "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down". When the assist meter is full, Diddy summons a bunch of other Weebles to spin around causing more damage and chaos! Simply put it, it's like a one-way ticket to Weebleville here!

Overall, this would be a fun assist to add to represent the Playskool lines a little more.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Crystal Empire. It's presumably an important place in the story, so I imagine it makes sense to include.
2. Flutter Valley. An iconic Gen I pick for this feels like it makes sense, honestly. I know next to nothing about it, but the image looks nice.

Feel free to let me know if this submission's not acceptible, as whilst this was distributed worldwide by Hasbro, it was originally made by Sega Toys (at least, according to the approximately 12 seconds of Wikipedia research I did). Nonetheless, I think it'd be a lot of fun!

Assist Name: iDog/iCat
Assist Origin: iDog (2005) & iCat (2006)

The iDog was a toy released between 2005 and 2009 and essentially acting as a MP3 speaker, though also being notable for dancing and moving in reaction to music played through it (as well as its lights flashing in response to the beat.) Being a prominent mid-2000s rep overall, and something that was actually a big part of the public consciousness around that time, I think this would be a really cool inclusion overall.

In terms of how it functions, I'm thinking a little like Barbera the Bat in the Super Smash Bros. series. Basically, iDog will leap into the background and look outward towards the screen. Then, it'll start playing loud, beat-heavy music which it would dance and jive to, having its lights and the like flash as it overall just looks like its having a lot of fun. Each beat, however, emanates from the iDog in the form of a shockwave - notable for knocking players that come into contact with it away! It doesn't do too much damage, but the knockback is not to be sniffed at. It'll only stick around for a few seconds before doing a robotic-sounding bark and hopping away into goodness-knows-where.

There's a small chance (around 5%) of iDog being replaced with iCat, the later release to appeal to a wider market. It doesn't affect the assist's actual gameplay by any means, but iCat does have some different animations and some different music. I imagine their actual tracks could potentially be sampled from commercials or the like, but just having iDog have a basic rock track whilst iCat has a more hip-hop beat would work well to represent a basic "late 2000s" vibe overall.

--------------------------------------------​

On the note of tangentially Hasbro-related things, though this is more of a completely random musing on my part and less of an actual suggestion, one thing I discovered recently is that (depending on how loosely we interpret this) there's an argument for a perhaps surprising inclusion.

I should probably provide some context, though. Basically, Hasbro were looking to jump onto the trend of consoles in the late 80s and early 90s. Given that other companies had seen relative success in the past (like Mattel with their Intellivision) but had sort of fallen off, it took until this time for companies to look to the video game industry, see the meteoric success of the Genesis, and be like "I can do that but better." Obviously, given that some of this competition consists of the Panasonic 3DO and the Philips CD-i, this wasn't exactly a good move.

I bring this up because Hasbro actually had very little to do with the concept, with this falling to Rob Fulop who - alongside Nolan Bushnell of Atari fame - came up with a console system that would basically run four VHS tapes at once, simulating a form of gameplay similar to that of an FMV game. Bear in mind, games like Dragon's Lair had existed before then, so it wasn't unprescedented - however, they kind of needed to present a product to someone in order to ensure they could secure funding. As such, the pair put together a game using a number of different camera angles, namely Scene of the Crime, and presented this demo to Hasbro execs in 1986. The system's name was "Control-Vision", though the team named it "NEMO", or "Never Ever Mention Outside."

Hasbro... actually approved this! Funding was given to start work on a new, more fleshed-out concept. With Scene of the Crime actually interesting the team with how its use of surveillance cameras allowed for some interesting gameplay, they decided to go with that - but took some inspiration from horror movies like A Nightmare on Elm Street when conceptualising it. In fact, the team even got as far as managing to film all of the game's scenes, adhering to some of Hasbro's demands, and overall getting a product completed. They'd basically fully devised a killer app for the console, a landmark launch title... but, in 1989, Hasbro cut the cord on the Control-Vision just weeks before release.

Fulop, Bushnell and the gang - having a finished product - eventually ended up porting the game to a later console, in the form of the SEGA CD, where it would garner quite a lot of scrutiny and controversy from sources as notable as the the United States Congress. Of course, you might have heard of the game in question, because it's actually Night Trap!

I feel like an Auger (the name of the vampires from the game) would be a lot of fun to play as. Sure, it'd cause Congress to go mental over the "rampant sexualisation of our media for the youth," but their draining machines that have become so iconic were originally mandated by Hasbro in the first place! I'm really not very sure how their moveset would work, but it'd be a lot of fun. (Especially if you were to give them a slightly pixellated, FMV-inspired appearance!) Obviously this would be a huge technicality if it were to actually be included, I just thought it was a fun tidbit of information to consider.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 50
That's right! We are at 50 whole days of this thread ongoing! Thank you to all who participated and continue to participate!

Now, first things first, I wanna get the stage results out the way. Truth be told I was only expecting 1 or 2 stage nominations but there was a bit more enthusiasm for MLP this time around, which I'm glad to see! Accordingly, this resulted in having 2 more stages from this franchises being included, and those stages are...
The Crystal Empire
Flutter Valley
At 7 points, the Crystal Empire took the leak, and following up with 5 points was Flutter Valley! Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !
Crystal Empire: 7
Flutter Valley: 5
Smooze Flood: 3
Cloudominium: 0
I'm a bit surprised Cloudominium got 0 votes; It's a very unique locale and would've been on my list. Perhaps for DLC, if things go well!
Speaking of which, DLC will be a topic of discussion for today! But before we get into that...
NEW VOTES
I will very quickly run through the assist nominations we had. Thinking about it now I forgot to submit the Mastadon Sentry for my assist... sh*t. Although we're past that point anyway, so for now let's focus on the assists that were nominated!
Go ahead and put your votes in for assists! Yes/No votes, as usual. For me, it's a yes on all 4! And also, just, shout-out to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for that immensive research post. Bravo!
NEW JOBS
This is going to be our last reflection job before we're simply outright done with the base game, atleast with the roster, stages, assists, etc. There will still be more miscellaneous content, such as costumes, movesets, Beyblade Stadium Variants, etc., but for the most part, we're at the final stretch. So, with that said...
Job: Thoughts on the roster so far?
Not just the new additions, no, but the whole roster! We've gotten this far and now we only have 3 Hasbro(/Tomy) characters left! Definitely some out of left field picks on here, but to me all of this picks have been genuinely great! Of course, feel free to be as specific and as critical as you'd like with how this roster is shaping up; Any gaps we have left are likely to be filled in by those final 3 slots, so you may as well take notes now!
This visual was put together by Megadoomer Megadoomer , so special thanks to him!

Job: How do you feel about the content in the game so far?
All of the jobs we've been having were to help build up all of the potential content in this hypothetical project. At this stage, we're nearly done! How do you feel about everything we've been adding so far, from the stages to the game modes to the assists, etc.!

Job: Write a Reveal Trailer!
Similar to the previous reveal trailer jobs, simply write a reveal centered around one or two characters, and do as many as you'd like! I'm thinking there will be a much more special reveal trailer job for after the roster is completed, but for now we'll be sticking to normal reveals!

Open Discussion: DLC!
Yes, you read that right! We will be having official DLC for Hasbro: Game Night FIGHT!... but as of now, we have no proper format for how this DLC will roll out and what content it will entail.
Case in point: This will be a very open discussion on how DLC will play out. Season passes, sporadic releases, character-specific content, stage-specific content, etc. We could just copy paste the DLC formats from other threads such as DC vs. Marvel, or we could do something entirely unique. Whatever the case, it's all on you to throw in your 2 cents!
Additionally, we can also take this time to figure out if we will have themed rounds for character additions or not. Like I said, every possibility for this is on the table!

And... that should be about it for today.
I will be leaving the revamped costume jobs for Wednesday, so just stick around for that if you're interested.
And yeah, final base game character job is tomorrow! Gear up.

And of course, Movesets and Arcade Endings for any character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I will also take this brief moment to remind Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear about that Soundwave moveset!!!

Honestly no pressure but I'm excited to see what you've been cooking up for him and I'm sure it'll be great

D

Deleted member

Rosters pretty good. Heavy on certain seires but I like it for the most part. Imo our last three should should from new series

Yes to all

I also think season passes similar to DC vs Marvel may be the way to go for DLC. I don't know if we should do a ton of DLC, depends on what the threads up for. I'd definitely wanna do some stages and modes alongside characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
For the assists, it's a yes to all 4 from me. They all deserve to get in. Also, I definitely love the little research post KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 wrote up about the iDog/iCat. Really interesting stuff.

In terms of the roster, I feel that it's very good. Yes, it's heavy on Transformers/Power Rangers/My Little Pony fighters but it's expected given those 3 are some of Hasbro's heavy hitters. Alongside this, the content in the game is definitely an interesting bunch. I love pretty much how we were able to squeeze representation from the major Hasbro IPs to even the more obscurer brands/toys such as ROM the Space Knight, a Tomica/Plarail stage, some of the older Tomy toys like the Penny Racer car, etc. A really solid collection of Hasbro stuff. But, it's time to talk about the part where some of the major stuff I feel that is missing should get in...that is DLC.

DLC and How I Think It Should Go

Overall...given pretty much every modern day fighting game/platform fighter has DLC, Hasbro Game Night Fight! should recieve the treatment as well. Basically, I am thinking there should be season passes. Potentially, we should do maybe 2 season passes of 5 characters. We can also consider the possibility of a bonus free DLC character as our "joke character" similar to Piranha Plant and such.

Here is what I want to see out of DLC content-wise:

For characters:

• The joke character could be a character from a franchise on the roster (A Monopoly game piece, a Beyblade itself, etc.) or even....a Peppa Pig rep like Peppa herself or Ms. Rabbit.
  • I definitely want to see more obscure IPs getting some spotlight such as M.A.S.K, Visionaries, Action Man, PJ Masks, etc.
  • Some more fan-favorites from already represented franchises such as Arcee, Joe Colton, etc.
  • Potentially...I know this may be too farfetched but maybe a non-Hasbro guest character. Maybe one per pass so it doesn't oversaturate the Hasbro fighters. The guest characters should also recieve assists, items, stages, a boss fight potentially, etc.
    • This can include someone from a brand who's highly affiliated with Hasbro like a Marvel superhero to represent the Marvel Legends toyline, a Star Wars character to represent the Star Wars Black Collection, etc.
    • A character from Mattel (the rival brand to Hasbro), we could have He-Man, Barbie, Major Matt Mason, etc. be in the game
    • A character from Spin Master (another rival to Hasbro), the inevitable Paw Patrol rep much.
    • A LEGO character given LEGO has official LEGO Transformers...so a generic LEGO guy, Emmett, etc.
For other content:

• I definitely want us to fill the gaps for stages and assists by giving stages to fighters in the base game who do not have a home stage a stage such as a home stage for Play-Doh, Mr. Potato Head, Cranium Gang, Jem, etc. as well as assists for franchises with fighters in the game an assist if there are no assists from their series.
  • More assists, items and stages from other unrepresented Hasbro/Tomy brands
  • More bosses is a must.
  • Modes, definitely more modes
  • Story mode expansions can be fun as well. Could even make this a whole toy multiverse if we decide to go forward with guest characters.
Overall, my thoughts for DLC. I will add more if I think of any but this is all I have for now.

Reveal Trailer for Jennifer Scotts and Jem:

Pink Reinforcements Join the Game Night Fight!

We start the trailer off with the black screen with the ratings and all. Then, we cut to the dark toy room where the Hasbro family are playing their Dungeons and Dragons campaign with the already revealed fighters and items. We then cut to some CGI footage of some sort of dark concert hall where we see the fighters looking around.

Tommy Oliver: It seems a little strange around here.

Optimus Prime: No decepticons detected here...

Twilight Sparkle then uses a light to search the area.

Mr. Monopoly is seen playing with his money and all that alongside Bumblebee helping Optimus look for anything suspicious.

Bumblebee: It seems to be just fine.

We also see Snake Eyes just sneaking around with Scarlett.

Just then, we zoom back out to the Hasbro family.

Hasbro Boy: So Dad...what are they doing in that strange...concert hall-ish area?

The Hasbro Dad gives a stare to the Hasbro Mother to cue her to make her next move. We see the mother grab a familiar looking pink haired woman with a microphone and all.

She places it down on the ground. We then cut back to CGI where we hear footsteps on the ground.

Mr. Monopoly: What's this? A new investor coming...

We then hear a voice speak and then, a light comes on.

Jem's voice: So....who's ready to...

The spotlights shine on this later for it to be revealed to be Jem herself.

Jem: HAVE A ROCKING GME NIGHT FIGHT!!!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with Jem making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Jem's name and then we cut to gameplay of Jem fighting against various fighters across various revealed stages. We see more of Jem's moveset, her taunting with all the female characters revealed thus far and even footage of her Supers.

We continue with the crowd cheering on Jem as she performs and fights in CGI until...as ala similar to a Power Rangers episode, some sort of bad thing happens where Lord Zedd appears.

The crowd screams in horror as Jem and the new Hasbro heroes she met prepare to fight this threat.

Lord Zedd: You Earthlings will never win against the Mighty Lord Zedd!!!

Jason and Tommy prepare to fight alongside Optimus and Bumblebee. Jem follows suit as well. Everyone fights...until Lord Zedd destroys them all. Jason later recieves a call from Alpha-5.

Jason: Yes Alpha?

We then cut to the Command Center.

Alpha-5: Ayyiyiyiy! Me and Zordon just recieved some news!

Zordon: Jason, we have recieved news from the Morphing Grid that a ranger from the year...3000 is coming up to support you all in the fight against Zedd.

Jason: Awesome!

Tommy: More rangers coming in to this Game Night Fight, huh?

Jem's earrings decide to make some special effects to summon this ranger...who would also be pick.

Cutting back to the Hasbro family...we see the Hasbro Bopy grab a figure of a certain pink ranger with an arrow on her helmet.

We cut back to the CGI where we see the Ranger arriving performing an attack based around clocks and time. It appears to be Jennifer Scotts herself!

Jennifer: Time is up, Zedd! This Game Night Fight is about to become the last time you'll see me!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with Jennifer Scotts making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Jen's name and then we cut to gameplay of Jen fighting against various fighters across various revealed stages. We see more of Jen's moveset, her taunting with all the female characters revealed thus far and Jem, her with the Doggie Crueger assist and even footage of her Supers.

We then see Lord Zedd fall and her giving a fistbump to Jem.

Jem: Pink looks good on you Jen.

Jen: Well, thanks Jem. Why do our names sound familair anyway?

The two pink ladies shrug.

Then, we zoom out to the Hasbro family continuing to play their game of Dungeons and Dragons with the 20 fighters plus Jen and Jem added to the collection of fighters.

We finally go to the Hasbro Game Night Fight screen with all the 20 revealed fighters and then we see Jennifer Scotts and Jem being added to the collection of fighters.

Copyrights screen.

This trailer reveals:

• Jennifer Scotts and Jem as fighters, their movesets and Supers

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Guest characters were at the top of my priority list right now so we're good on that front I'm just not sure how much Guest content should be included in the DLC. More on that later this week actually

Some companies like Mattel and Lego could fill up an entire Season of DLC, but it's more so a question of if we should go all-in. Admittedly we used a lot of the biggest Hasbro stars in the base game (and 3 more to come) but there are still some characters I feel won't make the cut that I would like to see as DLC, in addition to guests.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 51
Starting us off: More discussions regarding DLC, and Guests in particular, will be held throughout the week. I did have some thoughts I wanted to put down, but didn't have the time last night.
But, I think we have the gist of what we want to see from DLC down. Another discussion about it this week is likely, and again, Guests will have their own. But overall I think we're gonna be shaping up to have a lot more to give this concept after the final base roster is completed. Which starts... today.

Also, all of yesterday's Assists will be making it through to the base game. Congratulations KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , Northsouthmap Northsouthmap and @Darkonedagger !
NEW JOB
Alright. Normally, I would make a huge backstory-filled write-up regarding this particular theme and Hasbro, but the theme is pretty straightforward as it is. We have come full circle with our character jobs: We did My Little Pony, Villains, Oddballs, Obscure Characters, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, Bots and Cons, 2 WotC rounds, All-Women, Takara-Tomy, and now we are going back to the biggest category left for our base game. Or, maybe second biggest...
Job: Nominate any Hasbro/Tomy Character
Leaving it completely open-book here: Any character is on the table... as long as they're Hasbro (or Takara-Tomy).
It doesn't have to be a new series, it could be from a series already on the roster. It doesn't matter, as long as it's a character you want to see in this thread's all-star lineup of fighters.
So, without further ado... submissions for the final 3 Hasbro Game Night Fighters are open!

Since it is about 2 pm CST where this post is going up, I will keep it open until 2 pm CST tomorrow, so this will be a full 24 hours.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Character submission:

Resubmitting Matt Trakker (M.A.S.K.)

MASKmatt3.jpg~original.jpeg

From the hit Hasbro franchise M.A.S.K., he is the protagonist and leader of the Mobile Strike Armored Kommand. The 80s series was launched to help promote the merchandise line of toy vehicles and the liking. Matt can fight with his vehicles as well as his team. M.A.S.K. is a big part of the Hasbro multiverse as it has been mentioned in various Transformers TV series as well as Trakker appearing in G.I. Joe as well.

I feel we should have a rep from each of the older Hasbro toy lines as they are a part of Hasbro's history. Plus, there was going to be a Hasbro cinematic universe but that's not going to come to fruition most likely. Overall, a good retro pick to add to the roster and to round out the base roster as well since I feel M.A.S.K. is one of the true 80s Hasbro all-star franchises.

Top Bottom