• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Iron Man (Marvel's Super Hero Squad)

images (2).jpeg

(i know that this would be consider a cheap,because i put a non-hasbro character,but let's consider this iron man an different universe character)

Iron Man is the character from Marvel's Super Hero Squad,he is a leader of a team of superheroes that the members are Hulk,Silver Surfer,Thor,Wolverine and Falcon.

Hasbro has toys of Marvel's Super Hero Squad,the toys was made in 2006-2011 and Super Hero Squad has video games and a cartoon with 2 seasons

D

Deleted member

Iron Man (Marvel's Super Hero Squad)

View attachment 365308

(i know that this would be consider a cheap,because i put a non-hasbro character,but let's consider this iron man an different universe character)

Iron Man is the character from Marvel's Super Hero Squad,he is a leader of a team of superheroes that the members are Hulk,Silver Surfer,Thor,Wolverine and Falcon.

Hasbro has toys of Marvel's Super Hero Squad,the toys was made in 2006-2011 and Super Hero Squad has video games and a cartoon with 2 seasons
Its been said that non hasbro owned characters aren't allowed. Iron Man is still iron man..

Plus Iron Man is hardly obscure

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

5883133-img_4758.jpg

Acroyear

A main character from the Micronauts seires. A stoic warrior who weidls an energy sword. Acroyear's people serve the evil Baron Kanza, but Acroyear was freed and joined the Micronauts. He can also produce gryocopters that allow him to fly.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Was very torn between so many possible options, but in the end I'll be going with my previous Action Man nomination

Job: Obscure Hasbro Character
ACTION MAN
Franchise: Action Man
Who is Action Man?
Action Man is the U.K. equivalent of G.I. Joe, licensed in 1966 by Palitoy. Alongside G.I. Joe, these two are considered the world's first action figures, marking them as huge shifts in the toy industry across the world. Whilst G.I. Joe focused on a military theme that would then be rebranded into A Real American Hero in 1983, Action Man was a jack-of-all trades:
Space Rangers, Sailors, Jungle Adventurers, you name it! The legacy of Action Man was steadily built up over time.

His biggest break yet, however, would be in 1993, as the IP was rebranded into a spy-based thriller - a change highlighted by a brand new TV show, mixing both animated and live-action elements
Just 5 years later, in the 2000s, Action Man would see another revamp into a Xtreme Sports IP - a bizarre departure from the spy thriller, but not unfounded given the action figure's roots.
Both of these were followed by a toyline playing off of the show's premise, and even several different video games, perhaps quite a lot given the IP!

The spy thriller would continue to be a major aspect of Action Man into the modern day; In the 2016, the series was brought back by IDW Publishing and folded into their Shared Hasbro Universe, focused around their Transformers comics. A terrible idea, of course, but Action Man saw a return as a Mission: Impossible type IP, with new comics published within this universe (utulizing the original 60's logo, as well)!

Just to put a cherry on top of all of this; an Action Man figure was sent into space for his 50th anniversary, as part of a kickstarter campaign done to celebrate the figure.

Becoming both a media franchise and a staple of action figures, Action Man is a vital part of Hasbro history that deserves representation on this roster, and I'll be shooting for him right out of the gate!

Possible Moveset
Action Man has a variety of different appearances to pull moves from - whilst the Spy inspiration would be the best way to go, a mix of Xtreme sports, jungle adventuring, space voyaging and a little bit of Baywatch would go a long way to make a wholly unique moveset that you would not see elsewhere; Some more direct Action figure inspired attacks, referencing revolutionary features such as gripping-hands and figure construction, could definitely add a boost of creativity that would otherwise not be present on any other Hasbro character that would likely see nomination.

For those who are interested, a far more comprehensive history of Action Man, straight from the source, can be found here!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 24
Stage Nomination
Y'know, the thing about not having to do votes yesterday is that I can skip straight to the good stuff. Isn't that cool?
NEW VOTES
Alright, so yesterday we only have one job, but this was a pretty important one I'd say. We ended up with 6 nominations, which is perfect, and all of them not named Iron Man qualify!
Honestly, I feel as if all of these are pretty huge picks for this roster, regardless of their obscurity. I really like this nominations line-up! But, as per the vote, only the Top 2 Winners will make it into our roster. So, with that, rank your top 3, and you cannot place your own in first!
  1. Rom
  2. Action Man
  3. Matt Trakker
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a Stage for a Series that does not have one!
Mouthful of a title, really. But yes, nominate a stage for any IP that does not currently have one! Doesn't matter if they're currently on the playable roster or not. Honestly I feel like we could get quite a bit of mileage out of this one, so let's get brainstorming!

Job: Nominate an Item!
Yeah, I decided to spice it up for today with two nominations periods, in case stages doesn't get enough submissions. This one is self-explanatory: Nominate any item!!

That's all for today. Tomorrow I'm gonna make a return to a rather huge job that I did in the first week. Stay tuned...

D

Deleted member

Stage Submission: Beyblade Stadium (Beyblade)
PinkFlare PinkFlare
I’m sorry, I don’t wanna cause any trouble here, but… should submissions be allowed if they only suggest a thing but don’t describe what they do? This is the second time I’ve noticed this and it kind of annoys me to be honest. If it’s okay, I’ll shut up. But I feel like you should really do more than just show a picture of something and expect everyone to vote for it without any information of any kind about what it will do in the game.
Still relevant

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Still relevant
I don't think stages quite fall under the same criteria as assists/items, since it's moreso just the location that matters. I didn't make much of a description for Baldur's Gate, for example, but it was pretty straightforward ans what it would be.

I will say, Beyblade Stadium doesn't really get us anywhere specific, because there's like a ton of different Stadiums across the series. The gimmick of Beyblades being a stage hazard sounds good though

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Item: Snakes and Ladders

When summoned, they appear in the snakes and ladders boardgame. If you get snakes, you slow down and your stats are decreased. If you get ladders, you are more likely to get critical hits on enemies and your stats are increased.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Cranium Gang
2. ROM the Space Knight
3. Matt Trakker

All really cool submissions but I grew up with Cranium so I went with the funny animals as my first choice.

Stage for Series Without One:

Resubmitting Mouse Trap

Mouse_Trap_Board_and_Box.jpg

One of the more obscure board games but is one of the first mass-produced three dimensional board games. I loved this game as a kid (mostly for the trap contraption part), the players will go around the board to put others in the trap, it would be a traveling stage. They are basically the mice. The cheese will give them power ups and buffs, but watch out for any spaces that take you closer to the trap as the hazards! If you get into the trap, you stay there for a little while but then you move out. The marble and other parts of the traps are hazards and those are also platforms as well.

Item:

Super Soaker 50
mag-04WMT-t_CA0-superJumbo.jpg

The opposite of the NERF Gun, Super Soaker is actually under the NERF brand now. When this item is used, you simply push the opponent away from you similar to Mario's move with F.L.U.D.D in the Smash games. A great tool for edgeguarding as well to get your opponents away from the stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Windy Castle

A stage from Peppa Pig, which has a very simple layout that follows the iconic hill geometry of the Peppa Pig universe. You can see Potato City and Peppa's house in the background - if you look extremely closely, you may see a flying dragon in the background (more hidden like the Smash 64 cameos, given it is a dragon in a mundane world after all)
33247C88-8BF3-424F-B253-C6ED54336A7C.jpeg

(There is a floor at the bottom, though it may be hard to see on most SmashBoards themes) The main hazard on this stage is the wind. There are two trees to the left and right of Windy castle - at random points an extremely strong gust will start on either the left or right of the stage, which is visually signalled by the tree on whichever side the gust is moving in addition to Peppa-style wind effects. These gusts can go up or down, leading to tricky climbs; a tough fight to stay as king of the hill; or a grave punishment for walkoff camping.

Given how high up the castle is, there are also clouds that appear in front of the foreground to cover up the battle - a la Duck Hunt grass.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Today's day will be slightly delayed

Job: Series without a Stage
THE DARK NEBULA
The area of the universe where the Dire Wraiths, Rom's arch-enemies, resides. This would take place in the space station of "The Keep", which acts as a guard to the system's Black Sun. Wraithworld, the Dire Wraith homeworld, can be seen in the background; For various instances in the stage, an foggy, black cloud would cover part of the battleground, making it difficult for players to be seen.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 25
Nomination Day
It's always exciting to post when new characters join the roster; Today, we have 2 new, obscure characters joining the all-star line-up we have thus far!

I'm sure nobody is surprised by these first results, because this character in particular neutralized the competition with 25 votes! Introducing the clear fan-favorite, it's none other than:
Rom, the Space Knight! Congratulations, tonygameman tonygameman

And, in a mindblowing second place victory, at 14 votes, is:
The Cranium Gang! Congratulations, Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP !

These two really round out our roster well, so I'm glad to have them on board! Now, we have a lot of votes to sift through, so sit tight.
NEW VOTES
We have both items and stages to get through, so I won't be stalling for time after this.

For our stage nominations, we have:
For this vote, rank your Top 3, your own nomination cannot be in first, and the top 2 winners will join the stagelist!

As for the items...
Only 3 for today; Tempted to include them all by default but a vote needs to happen nonetheless. As usual for items, vote Y/N for each one of the 3.
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a Boss Character
It's been a while since we've had one of this; I think a having a decent amount of bosses is important for this game. Smash Ult. had 8, Brawl had 7 (neither of these include the Hands). I'm hoping to reach a similar number, especially with our comparable roster and Stage size, and there are plenty of options left over to make it work, I'd say!

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any Character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mouse Trap
2. Pet Shop
3. Dark Nebula

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Snakes n Ladders: Y
Super Soaker: Y
Play Doh Container: Y

1. Mouse Trap
2. Beyblade Stadium
3. The Dark Nebula

Boss Character: Goldar(Power Rangers)
1671647926062.png

Goldar alongside Zedd and Rita are some of the main antagonists of the first three seasons of Power Rangers as well as appearing in the 2017 reboot film.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Dark Nebula
2. Littlest Pet Shop
3. Beyblade Stadium

Snakes N' Ladders: N (I feel this would work better as a stage.)
Super Soaker 50: Y
Play-Doh Container: Y

Boss Character:

Galvatron (Transformers)

ezgif-4-4c39dc8a6f.jpg

Since we have Megatron as a playable character, this is like a Giga Bowser-esque boss fight. Basically, Galvatron is Megatron's upgraded form and he served as the main antagonist of The Transformers: The Movie as well as the main antagonist in The Transformers TV series in Seasons 3 and 4 and Marvel's Transformers comics. Basically, he will shoot you with his arm cannon, have super streong robot attacks, etc. You have to attack his armor to deferat him. Over time, he will become more vulnerable but his attacks will be more buffed throughout the fight.

Arcade Endings:

Rita Replusa

At the end of traveling across the Hasbro multiverse, we see Rita returning to her home base in space laughing about how she will rule the world. We see her various Monster minions taking over Earth as well as Cybertron, Candy Land, Equestria, etc. showing she got what she wanted, world domination. Then, it will end with a big version of her with her hands grabbing the Earth as if she successfully conquered it.

Cranium Gang

After traveling the Hasbro multiverse, the Cranium gang return back to doing their own hobbies. Creative Cat gets back to painting, Star Performer is back to performing, Data Head is seen searching the web for new fun facts and then Word Worm is seen reading from a dictionary. But then, they decide to set out and show their talents to the world at some local carnival that Creative Cat found. So, we see the four of them head off to a carnival together now that their journey over the Hasbro multiverse is completed fighting against new foes.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Beyblade
2. Mouse
3. Pet Shop

Snakes and Ladders: N
Super Soaker: Y
Play-Doh Container: Y

Boss: Destro (GI Joe)
1671711646789.jpeg

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Resubmitting the Furby Boss

FURBY
Franchise: Furby
So, this might be a little ill-timed given the current nomination, and people do generally want to see Furby as a playable character. But hear me out on this.

I think Furby works better as a boss than it would a playable character; Both the idea in of itself and due to the different attacks and aspects of the toy we could lean into for this.
Just imagine the player coming across a Furby, only to watch it grow large in size and become a drastic threat to the entire roster of characters. Similar to Baron Karza, it's another idea that starts out being hilarious in nature before the realization hits of how serious the situation actually is, and that this character is actually a credible threat in which they could tank the player over and over.
As a full-blown boss, we can go no-holds barred on the more demonic and evil aspects of this toy's history, making for a completely serious "what the f*ck" boss based on instilling fear and dread from a Furby, which otherwise would be drastically toned down for a playable moveset.

Truth be told, I'm not that huge of a fan of a playable Furby. It sounds funny at first but it's almost too obvious of a joke, and when taking it more seriously I think the idea of a fighting-type Furby is better fitted for a massive-scaled boss battle than simply just another character. A recharacterization of turning the Furbies into a series of ancient demonic evils for this game would be fantastic
Honestly I would have expected Lord Drakkon to be resubmitted by now too. If anyone wants to jump on that...
  1. Littlest Pet Shop
  2. Dark Nebula
  3. Windy Castle

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 26
Character Nomination
I think yesterday was very straightforward, which in turn makes things a lot easier for today.

Jumping first into the stages, with the exception of Windy Castle, it was basically a tight race between every nomination, all within just points of eachother. One clear favorite of the group, however, was of course the top winner, with a very close second place...
Mouse Trap
Littlest Pet Shop
Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and @Darkonedagger!
Mouse Trap: 17
Littlest Pet Shop: 16
Beyblade Stadium: 14
The Dark Nebula: 14
Windy Castle: 5
All 5 of these were honestly great ideas for stages and I hope to return to stages for them in the future! Granted, the two that are making it in fit very appropriately, so I'm glad to have them on board.

As for the items, it was practically unanimous across the poll: Everyone voted yes on The Super Soaker 50 and Play-Doh Container, and in turn everyone voted No for Snakes & Ladders, except for one person. Of course with this large of a consensus, the former two will be our two new primary items!
NEW VOTES
This time around, we had 4 nominations for bosses, only 1 of which is returning from the previous round!
This is honestly quite an interesting line-up! Not necessarily characters I would run to for boss fights, but interesting nonetheless. Vote for your Top 2 this time around, and you cannot place your own in first! I'd say the top 2 bosses will make it in this time around.
NEW JOBS
In 1985, a man named Haim Saban took a business trip to Japan, where he discovered a television series known as Super Sentai. Determined to create an adaptation for American audiences, he went from TV Station to Station until finally, in 1992, Saban came in contact with Fox Kids, and the idea got picked up. On August 28, 1993, American television was changed forever when the first episode of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers went on the air; Over the course of this first show, a new pop culture icon was created and became recognized around the world.
Going through many different publishers and ownership, with involvement from Bandai, Disney, Nickolodeon, and other companies on many different aspects of the different shows, but it wasn't until May 1st of 2018, in which the entire Power Rangers IP was bought out by none other than Hasbro. This marked a new era for Power Rangers, and it is here today where Hasbro holds the legacy of an iconic world IP in their hands. Perfect for a crossover fighting game, I'd say...

Job: Nominate a Power Rangers Character!
So far, our only characters are Tommy Oliver and Rita Repulsa, with Doggie Cruger as an assist. Any single PR-Specific character outside of these 3 are completely eligible for this job, which is a whole lot of characters.

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any Character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:
Top Bottom