• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. City
  2. Space
  3. Worlds
DLC Assist:
Wulfgar [D&D]
d388e8862a5114eb8af4ccb93413d670.jpg
Recurring canon character from the Forgotten Realms and a frequent ally of Drizzt; Typically the next most popular from that campaign setting after him.

He'd be an offensive assist that stuns and spikes opponents with high knockback, using his hammer as seen in the image. Though, perhaps that image was all you needed to see to get an idea of him.
Here's a comprehensive list of possible attacks from one of the D&D Video Games.

I doubt he's going to be playable in the next season, though he wouldn't be my choice for the next D&D fighter anyway; We still have plenty of other options in that regard.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 79
Moving right into our next stage, since I'm sure nobody is surprised by the outcome:
09_LD_AD_Conceptart_03_LEGOHub_DL-removebg-preview.png
LEGO Worlds will be our representative LEGO stage, joining alongside the Minifigure! I've chosen this artwork of the LEGO Movie hub-world from LEGO Dimensions since, honestly, I cannot find another image to help visualize this.
Worlds: 16
City: 12
Space: 7
Training Dojo: 1
Hidden Side: 0

Of course, this is coming alongside Barbie's Dream House, which I feel should also get a proper announcement!
I recognize that these stages rounds are out of order right now, but I do intend to fill in all the gaps by the end of this week, so don't worry! Speaking of which, for today's votes and jobs...
NEW VOTES
We ended with 6 Assist nominations; A bit less than what I was hoping for, but we got a few highlight characters here!
As regularly done with Assist votes, go ahead and list out each one, and vote Y/N, either Yes or No, for each! (You can do this with your own pick, of course)!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a M.A.S.K. Stage!
Since Matt Trakker is one of the newcomers for this DLC Season, a dedicated home stage for him is definitely in order! Although, I do recognize that we may not get a lot of submissions for this, so for other jobs...

Job 2A: Nominate a Costume Pack! Job 2B: Nominate 1 or 2 separate Costumes!
Submit a set of 4-6 Costumes, all based around a particular theme, which would then be its own paid DLC!
Of course, free individual costumes will still be included, so go ahead and nominate just 1 or 2!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all assists.

M.A.S.K. Stage

Laser Command

39249.jpg

While I feel Boulder Hill is the PERFECT M.A.S.K. stage, Laser Command is another potential playset that can work as a stage as well to represent the franchise. Basically, you fight on the Ratfang that will speed along the road. Hornet will be chasing you so watch out as it will shoot lasers causing heavy knock back! A simple stage for M.A.S.K.

Costume Pack

Board Game Beginnings
All these costumes in this pack are for the fighters that originated from board games as well as how they initally appeared.

2D Original Mr. Monopoly

Rich_Uncle_1946_Cover.jpg

2D Original Lord Licorice

ezgif-5-e328c0fbf2.jpg

2D Original Colonel Mustard

s-l1600.jpg

Original Cavity Sam

ezgif-5-097c18bb96.jpg

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Leader-1: Y
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em: Y, but I will add that a dedicated stage would be another way to represent them and could totally happen ib the future; I don't think we have a Boxing Ring like Smash.
MK: Y; Monkie Kid inclusion of any kind is awesome.
Evil Lyn: Y
Vortech: Y; I don't really care about this character but the write-up gives him some interesting functions.
Wulfgar: Y

I'm going to have to save my Costume Pack for later, because it requires a more extensive write-up ahead of time. But, for now, here is just a single costume submission:
Lava Shot Matt
Trakker_animation_model.jpg

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 80
The Costume jobs will be open for one more day; Additionally, all of yesterday's assist will be seeing inclusion this season. Congratulations to those who submitted one!

I'm a bit busy today and this job is gonna be a bit small so I'll make this post brief.
NEW VOTES
All we have for today is a strawpoll for the M.A.S.K. stage.
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a DLC Item from any company!
Continuing our expansion of DLC content, go ahead and submit an item from any of the companies currently features in this project! (Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, Mattel, LEGO.)

Job: Submit 1-2 Character costumes!
If you haven't already.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
DLC Item:

Lloyd’s Sword (LEGO Ninjago)

FF542444-484B-4B3E-8D02-5A7A737B3F12.jpeg

I feel we should have more sword based items in this game so why not add one from one of the most popular original LEGO lines from the main ninja Lloyd himself? It doesn’t deal as much power as the Chromafury Saber but great for quick damage like a ninja! After many hits, the sword will disappear meaning you used it to its limits.

DLC Item Suggestion:

Power Glove (Mattel)

Now, you can actually see how powerful this glove can be! Simply equip this Item on the battlefield, and your physical attacks do twice as much damage!

Besides, this is a crossover fighting game, a subgenre that can be directly linked to Smash Bros. Why wouldn't this be an option?

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 81
Given that the Costume Packs are meant to be ranked votes, the Board Games Beginnings Pack will be added by default, so congratulations AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !

Also, the poll for the next stage ended with a unanimous decision: Boulder Hill: M.A.S.K. Headquarters will be our representative M.A.S.K. stage, coming alongside Matt Trakker's addition!
This also means we only have one Hasbro stage left, so without further ado...
NEW VOTES
This is going to be a little unorthodox, but I will be combining the Costume and Item votes into one: Both will use the same Y/N format, so it should not matter much.
  • Lava Shot Matt Trakker
  • LEGO Police Uniform
  • Lloyd's Sword
  • Power Glove
  • B-Daman
For me, these are all a definite "Yes", but its up to your votes.
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate a Hasbro stage!
This is meant to be the stage to release alongside Cavity Sam, but I do feel that just restricting this to an Operation stage slot would undoubtedly be boring. So, I do want to open this up to allow for any Hasbro stage, as this will be the last of those in this DLC Season anyway! Go ahead and submit whatever popular locale from Hasbro's World Map you feel; It can be from any franchise or based around any concept or character. Good luck!

Movesets & Arcade Endings are open indefinitely!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all costumes and items.

Hasbro Stage:

Resubmitting Connect 4

81ZNRHJ+cIL.jpg

I cannot believe this game got NO representation in the base game at all. Basically, the fighters fight on top of the Connect 4 board. Occassionally, you will see hands of players dropping red and yellow chips. Watch out for the bottom to move as you will need to jump to dodge going through the board! Overall, super iconic Hasbro game that deserves a stage for real.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 82
All Costumes and item will be included; Congratulations to anyone who submitted one!

Now, to finally wrap up the stage line-up for Season 1...
NEW VOTES
We only have 3 stages, and honestly I do not like having a ranked vote to drag this out, so instead a Strawpoll will be used!
You can only pick one out of the 3, so choose wisely.
NEW JOBS
As promised...

Job: Nominate a Guest-Based Stage from any company!
Wanted to add a little extra flair/flare to the stage line-up, and with the inclusion of Guest content, there is no reason to simply stop at characters; So, for this job, go ahead and submit a stage from any series or company that isn't Hasbro; This does not have to be limited to Mattel and LEGO, but can be from other companies as well, as long as it meets the guidelines of:
  • Being from another Toy Company​
  • A Toy-Centric location/stage​
  • From a series that's crossed over with Hasbro​
Granted, huge series with a stage but no character can come across being a little jarring... but, there are plenty of toys out there that don't work as a character but would be perfect for a stage! Go ahead and share your best ideas for this category!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pixel Chix
1677961983680.jpeg

This stage is basically a flat walkoff, with a really low ceiling to the right - the catch is that the battle is seen split between the house and road trip car!, which you teleport through when you go through the middle. The low ceiling is in the car, which is placed in front of the house as well as next to it, making the stage very weird to play on in spite of it's super simple layout

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Guest Stage:

Rubik’s Cube (SpinMaster)

9F10AAF9-21F6-4FF4-A95C-4A1C68AC0FCE.jpeg

Probably one of the most famous toys owned by another toy company being SpinMaster! We should definitely represent SpinMaster in this game in some form so why not have a stage based off of this toy? This puzzle in the shape of a cube has been enjoyed by generation after generation! Basically, the fighters fight on top of the cube. However, watch out as the sides rotate and can fling you if you stand on them while turned! It’s a simple but yet fun way to bring out one of the most iconic toys yet to be in this game!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 83
We have finally reached the final day of Season 1! I have a big announcement to make today, but otherwise a lot of Season 1 wrap-up will be going on today, starting with our last Hasbro stage that we will be including...
Connect 4, winning with a lead of 4 votes against 1 and 0 for the other stages! Congratulations, AlteredBeast AlteredBeast ; I definitely see Connect 4 as one of Hasbro's biggest Board Games, so an inclusion here is very warranted!
NEW VOTES
Going onto our final stage of this season, and a special inclusion as this will be one of our dedicated guest stages:
For this vote, go ahead and rank your Top 2, and you can't place your own in first; The winner will be included in the final line-up.
NEW JOBS
We already did a roster reflection, so no need to do that here; Outside of that, I believe Season 1 was pretty tame and doesn't need a total reflection, so for today...

Open Discussion: What Series and/or Characters do you hope make it into Season 2?
Self-explanatory; just talk about which Series you feel need a character in S2, or which specific characters you want to vouch for. I'm honestly interested in hearing what gaps people feel on on our current 42-character roster!

Open Discussion: Is there anything you want to see run differently for S2?
Theme are being changed to Free-For-All matches, with special rules in place, but otherwise we will be following the same format of 6 characters (2 guests), 8 stages, etc. I did want to ask, though, if there is anything you want to see included or changed in S2, what would it be?

Oh, speaking of which...
ANNOUNCEMENT
Unfortunately, after much thought, I have come to the decision that Season 2 will be canceled.

Just kidding lol. BUT... I am going to be putting this thread on a 1 Week break between Seasons 1 and 2; This means that for the rest of this week there will be no new jobs, and S2 will be starting on 3/13/2023, Monday.

I am starting to feel a little burnout from running this thread every day, but I don't want to continue if I do not feel the passion I have for this idea, so the thread will be on ice for now; I will close any holding votes we have tomorrow and announce the final stage, and after that I will return next Sunday/Monday to pick back up where I left off. I feel this is the best decision for the thread, and I hope you all understand; It's non-negotiable, anyway.

For those who are disappointed, I want to assure you that nothing will be held back for S2. That is all for now!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Hot Wheels Grand Prix
2. Rubik’s Cube

Season 2 Hopes and Wants

For me personally, I hope we stick with themed-newcomer rounds like we did for the first season. I am fine with whoever joins but I am hoping for a Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light rep as I love the obscure Hasbro properties, Mr. Tiger Electronic (my own idea), Shobu, potentially a big missing character like Arcee to join, etc.

In terms of guest content, I hope Freddy Funko (a Funko rep) and either a Bandai-Namco rep or someone else from another big/obscure toy company besides Mattel or LEGO joins. Heck, I’m basically fine with whatever since I’m pretty content with what we have for sure.

1: Etch a Sketch
2: Hot Wheels Grand Prix

I don't know who I would really want, as we already have quite a lot of good fighters and stages already made. I suppose maybe a five-day free for all on the Hasbro side would work for the four in-house characters, but other than that, I'm good with stick to the Season 1 formula.

Also, I don't blame you one iota for taking a hiatus for the next week. I'm only surprised that it's just one week.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Hot Wheels Grand Prix
  2. Rubik's Cube

For me personally, I hope we stick with themed-newcomer rounds like we did for the first season. I am fine with whoever joins but I am hoping for a Visionaries: Knights of The Magical Light rep as I love the obscure Hasbro properties, Mr. Tiger Electronic (my own idea), Shobu, potentially a big missing character like Arcee to join, etc.

In terms of guest content, I hope Freddy Funko (a Funko rep) and either a Bandai-Namco rep or someone else from another big/obscure toy company besides Mattel or LEGO joins. Heck, I’m basically fine with whatever since I’m pretty content with what we have for sure.
Already said it but themes won't stick around for Season 2; Disappointing for some but I did want to atleast mix up the styles between S1 and 2 just to see which works best; This is also somewhat of a response to people feeling the S1 themes being too limiting. I am somewhat in agreeance with this; I know for sure stuff like a Visionaries theme wouldn't really go anywhere in its own round, even if it was the most voted.

I think between the Base Game and S1 people got very comfortable with themes but I'm going with a new route. FFA will allow any possible Hasbro to be in any of the rounds and participants can choose between characters they want most for the DLC rather than sticking to the theme. So obscure characters can still get their time to shine, and honestly its likely one will probably win; This thread has always been smart with their character choices, I feel.

I guess I can also briefly explain the rules, but for Season 2 you can't nominate the same character twice, so each FFA round will be a different character from each participant. I think the possibilities for that will be really exciting.

Also, I don't blame you one iota for taking a hiatus for the next week. I'm only surprised that it's just one week.
I don't want to hold off Season 2 for too long; One week should be enough time for me to come back in and have the thread feel fresh again, and I think the same will go for the other users.
---​
Just to briefly layout my hopes for future characters, and honestly there are more than what can probably be fit into the season bit whatever;

Fingers crossed we can touch up on the big Hasbro IPs. I.e. Power Rangers, MLP, D&D, etc. Those are ripe with characters and would honestly be prime DLC material in all honesty. I have a much better idea for a possible future Power Ranger than Ninjor so expect to see that in S2 at some point.
Not too sure on whatever new IPs we could pull; Visionaries could be one but I want something else. I think we did cover all the based with our Board Game characters so I don't really want another one.
New Transformers are always on the table for me, honestly, given that this is our Mario/DC equivalent to Hasbro. I want another Autobot to rival Shockwave since I like having a good Bot-Con balance; or Maximal, which I think is warranted as well if we wanna branch outside of the G1 cast.

I got a lot of ideas for Guests; I fully agree with Freddy Funko and a Bandai character; I had an idea for the latter last round but I wanted to give Barbie her due, which I think worked out. For S2 I will probably go back to the Bandai idea.
Also, I want both He-Man and She-Ra. Huge fan of the Princess of Power reboot so I'm gonna keep shooting for this character; Not sure what other possible Mattel characters outside of that. People might say that's too much but MotU is too big of a series to do only Skeletor.
I want some guest board game characters in here as well. Granted, not sure who would qualify, but a Pathfinder character would fit like a glove given it's the franchise rival to D&D. I don't know anything about PF though so that's kind of relying on some miracle fan to come in and submit something that everyone would vote on.
Not too enthused on non-Toy guests just yet but if we have room it should 100% be Solid Snake. Although I'm biased.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 84
HGNF is BACK!!!! If you all remember last time, we ended off on Season 1 with adding the final stage, which, looking at the popular vote, is of course... the Hot Wheels Grand Prix!
Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for this win! Hot Wheels definitely deserved the stage, and this also fills in our final guest representation for S1! For those disappointed, chances for another guest stage in S2 are still on the table, so don't worry!

Anyhow... we have nothing left to go over, meaning it's time to hop right into...
SEASON 2
So, the rules for this season are going to be a bit different.
Much like Season 1, S2 will include 6 new playable character (4 First-Party, 2 Guests) and 8 stages to coincide with these inclusions. However, as far as characters are concerned, themes are done for!
A new format is here, following along a similar method done in FazDude FazDude 's Indie Thread, in which there are no restrictions for which characters can be nominated per round, thus making every round a free-for-all... BUT, once you nominate a character once in this season, you cannot nominate them again,
This means that you only get one shot to make each submission count; Though, keep in mind, somebody else could always nominate your character next round, so it's not end-all be-all for any given character.

Stages will have themed jobs based on the winning characters, though, so keep this in mind.
Additionally, no more costume packs will be included; We will go back to costumes simply being single additions added whenever, which I feel is a lot more beneficial. Bosses, assists and Items will still be happening as normal, though.

Now, that's about everything we will be covering this season, so without further ado...
NEW JOB
I considered leaving the first character job until tomorrow, but you've all waited long enough. However, to make sure there is enough time and thought put into each submission, especially since this thread is just restarting, this job in particular will be left open for two days, covering both 84 and 85; A new job will also be added into Day 85 to help keep things going, so don't worry on that front either.
Job: Nominate any Hasbro character!
As said before, no limits on which Hasbro characters will be on the table here! Any character not already included will be eligible, so go ham!
This will include Takara characters as well in case anyone has more ideas from that company.

Sunny Starscout
1678733703296.png
Sunny Starscout is a protagonist of MLP: the next generation and she is the leader of "Mane 5" team. Her hobby is roller-skating and she likes to hang out with her friends like Hutch or Zipp.
MLP: tNG movie was very popular that started the generation on high note and Sunny would make sense to be playable in the roster as second MLP character. Also we don't have any 2020's characters in the roster.

Her moveset would be semi-clone of Twilight Sparkle because both they use magic and can turn themselves into Alicorns. However, she would be somewhat lighter than Twilight due to being younger than her.
She would be middleweight all around fighter with no additional movement options. She could use her realistic design like on this picture.

Since we don't have a G5 pony in our roster, I feel Sunny would be cool choice to represent in our game.

D

Deleted member

My Pet Monster
Another iconic toy. Hasbro picked up the rights to this guy a couple years ago. We could use some more heavies on our roster, and I think it'd be good to get some more new series too. He'd obviously use his brute strength, claws and teeth but he could also have a mechanic around his chains, he could use them in various attacks. This guy had a cartoon and a movie and got a funko pop alongside other classic Hasbro toys.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Shobu Kirifuda (Duel Masters)

ezgif-5-930d136868.jpg

I feel we should go for one of the more obscure Wizards of the Coast IPs to start off the second season of DLC. Duel Masters is a media franchise with a manga, anime, trading card game, etc. It is worth noting that in North America, the anime was licensed by Hasbro. Alongside this, the trading card game was licensed by Wizards of the Coast and in Japan, the cards are made by Takara Tomy.

The franchise does not get much releases in North America as it does in Japan so if this platfighter were to release in Japan, Kirifuda would be a solid rep that would gain more recognition praise there than here. It is also worth noting that Kirifuda is the longest running protagonist of the Duel Masters anime. For his moveset, he could probably have a shield break gimmick like the Duel Masters game itself by summoning mosters to attack and what not. I remember having a DVD of the anime (English dubbed) but never watched it/nor was interested in it when my mom gave me it as a Valentines Day gift many years ago. This pick would bring back an obscure memory of mine and represent some more of the obscure Wizards of The Coast IPs.

Glover (Glover)

Quite honestly, who wouldn't be the Hasbro video game rep if this little magical hand wasn't it? His game was distributed through Hasbro Interactive in its initial release, and it's a glove doing ball tricks. The nostalgia and uniqueness would compliment each other very well here.
Resubmitting Glover
I'll save characters like Zachary Foxx and Mr. Mint for either a future round, or for someone else to pick up.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 85
As said before, the character job from yesterday is still open and will close tomorrow; You still have time to submit a Hasbro character.
NEW JOB
Job: Submit a Hasbro stage!
We still have an open spot for 1 Hasbro stage outside of the DLC characters, so go ahead and submit a stage based onna first-party IP that you wanna see included!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hasbro Stage:

Hangman

5df517ece1ef4dbab466f243b8bb928dlg.jpg.png

I feel we should squeeze in another board game as a stage since I feel they make great stages. So, why not do this obscurer Hasbro title? Basically, you fight on the inside with all the letter tiles as well as the wheel that creates Hangman himself. Letter tiles will be picked up. Watch out if your on the wheen when the Hangman is complete, it will turn back super fast to restart the game so you could be flying if your on it! You can also fight on top where the letter tiles are placed and turned. It's a bigger stage but a fun one for this game I remember playing with children I worked with at one of my summer jobs.

Top Bottom