• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest video game boss ever?

derek.haines

Smash Ace
That really seems like the type of boss that you would face just to make another boss seem a little bit easier in comparison.

I used the strategy in Melee. While struggling to beat Event Match 51, I would play an hour or so of Cruel Melee. When I would go back, it'd suddenly feel like nothing.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I used Ness' B air to do Event 51 stockless. I think that's just me too. I could never do it with jigglypuff's down B.

I watched the video. I never seen a boss that could be harder than the one in the video. If only where you could get hit was on the whole ship. You're so small... Plus only a bit of you can get hit and I still never seen something that cruel.

L__

Smash Master
Sorry but everytime I use the search button, FF explodes on me. I don't know why though.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
If I had to name one, it would be Ozma from FFIX.
Freaking hard for a rotating globe.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Well, if we're listing the hardest, may I humbly submit FFVIII's Ultimecia.

She trampled easily over my Level-100 team easily the first 3 times I fought her, and it was only because of a *******ized incident involving Rinoa's dog constantly reviving her and making the party invincible that I even had a shot at beating her.

Did I mention that I used 10 Holy Wars and 80+ Heroes, as well as went through all but 3 of my party members? Yeah. Bad times.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
I remembered Ozma,I was never able to beat that boss.:flame:
KH1's Sephiroth is alot harder then on KH2.

How about...

The Dragons from Dragon Quest 8's Dragovian Trials side-quest.
Where you'll fight 8 dragons,one at a time.
It easy at the 1st dragon,but it gets much harder after the 4th or 5th one.

Golbez from Final Fantasy 4 on the DS,PS1 Chronicles,GBA & SNES.

He keeps changing his elemental weakness & uses multi-hit spells that nearly ko'ed my party & I keep having to revive them.:urg:

Abyssion(Tales of Symphonia)& Nebilim(Tales of The Abyss) on hard & up.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ultimecia's rough. Can't wait to see what they do with her in Dissidia. As a boss, she was a ***** in FF8. Sucked as a character, though.
Agreed. Looking back, I have absolutely no idea where she came from story-wise. "WTF? Who's this and why does she have a castle? Well, gotta go kill her I guess."

I'm going to have to play back through the game to try and straighten things out.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hmm.... I'm gonna say to Dark Falz from Phantasy Star Online... Sure, once you at a certain level, it gets easier, but if you're too low, you instantly die from his Grantz attack which is totally inescapable... Even when you are high enough level, he can still be a very tough fight...

M@v

Subarashii!
KH sepiroth has caused me some pain on expert modes.

Anybody else with me when I say Contra for the NES is one of the hardest games PERIOD, bosses and all?(WITHOUT using the 99lives cheat code =P)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Brain Bomber, the final boss of Bomberman Tournament on the GBA.

My win-loss record against him is probably something like 1-50

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Anybody else with me when I say Contra for the NES is one of the hardest games PERIOD, bosses and all?(WITHOUT using the 99lives cheat code =P)
I've beaten that game, it was the very first video game I'd ever played. I don't remember it being that hard, but I'm sure if I go back and play it today I would fail.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Which Contra? I got Super Contra and that game is a freaking frag fest. I could never get past the 4th stage, and i never will my NES is messed up

D

Deleted member

For me, i don't know why, but it's most of the Megaman X (series) bosses

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Obviously it's either the Dark Aeons or it's Penance from Final Fantasy 10's Japanese version, which I've happened to play it just for those incrediably tough battles

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
whoever posted mushihime (the touhou-like bullet hell game) b4, take a look at this game

it's called YGS2000, you can take atack patterns from other games and stuff.

also, there are built in levels, in which some the bullets are invisible, some are completely impossible to dodge, I MEAN IMPOSSIBLE. btw, you can't even attack in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz_71veAzzU

L__

Smash Master
whoever posted mushihime (the touhou-like bullet hell game) b4, take a look at this game

it's called YGS2000, you can take atack patterns from other games and stuff.

also, there are built in levels, in which some the bullets are invisible, some are completely impossible to dodge, I MEAN IMPOSSIBLE. btw, you can't even attack in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz_71veAzzU
That's interesting. I'll look into it and make some corny levels for smashboards. :D

Donkey kong's B down or Bowser or Kirbies Down B.
...what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Top Bottom