• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Smashin' Valley!(HSV) 2/5/11!

M@v

Subarashii!
Thanks to EVERYONE who came out today. The turnout was lower than expected(I blame hangovers from locals), but we still had a great tournament, and a really difficult one as well. Almost everyone in this bracket was power ranked, or has been power ranked in the past. There were a lot of intense matches! I'll get into more stuff in my shoutouts. But anyway, here are the results for HSV!

Brawl Singles

1: M2K ($90.00) :metaknight:

2: vVv Cheese ($45.00) :popo::metaknight:

3: Lie ($15.00) :diddy:

4: vVv Logic :olimar::metaknight:

5: vVv Chibo :rob:

5: Smurf :metaknight:

7: Slikvik :wario:

7: GIMR :gw:

9: M@v :falco::fox:

9: Melon :falco::jigglypuff:

9: Umbra :metaknight::pikachu2:

9: Aposl :pt:

13: Majora4Prez :link2:

13: Wango :jigglypuff:

13: Fury :metaknight:

Bracket:

Brawl Doubles
1: M2k+fury ($72.00)
2: vVv Chibo and vVv Cheese ($36.00)
3: Slikvik and smurf ($12.00)
4: vVv Logic + Lie
5: GIMR &Aposl
6: We don't need no government Cheese.(M@v+ Melon)
7: Paul what button do I push?(Latex + Umbra)

Brawl Random singles
1: GIMR ($13.20)
2: Lie ($6.60)
3: Umbra ($2.20)
4: vVv Cheese
5: Smurf
5: Woody
7: vVv Logic
7: Aposl
9: Mav
9: vVv Chibo
9: Melon

Melee singles
1: M2K
2: JMoan
3: GimR
4: Umbra
5: Melon
6: Mimorox
7: Slim
8: Woody

_umbra_

Smash Champion
fun tournament ^_^ shoutouts tomorrow

you guys who stayed with me and slim, you left behind a pillow and a black classic controller with a missing analog stick

also i forgot my wiimote -_- mav said it wasn't in the venue afterwards, do any of you guys have an extra?

J-kub

Smash Cadet
Geez, Cheese, bringing people to there knees
...Get it? Because it rhymed? I'm clever. :D

J-kub

Smash Cadet
I got another one.
Mii's be bringin bees's Cheese to there knees as they freeze because they were squeezed, which is why Cheese seized.
That might've sounded cool if it made sense. ^_^
Seriously though, there were a lot of upsets at this tourney. O_o

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Lol who is this lie guy??? awesome job regardless
It always makes me laugh when I see cheese place high XD step it up every one else

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol who is this lie guy??? awesome job regardless
It always makes me laugh when I see cheese place high XD step it up every one else
Hes Falco03 on the boards if that makes it easier to recognize him.

I believe he's ranked 4th or 5th in MD/VA atm.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Good stuff Cheese.

Keep attending tournies Lie so you can get the rank you deserve.

Imma keep saying this till he's ranked top 3 or 2 in MD/VA.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
ah makes sense. unrelated, if you didnt know, majora lives in sc lol and is interested in playing w/ you guys when you play

also, congratulations to cheese and chibo for beating me and paul in my first game of brawl ever (including friendlys or playing computers) in over 2 years and to slikvik and smurf for beating me in my 3rd and final match lol

i will probably not play another match for another 2 years

ch33s3

Smash Lord
1: M2K ($90.00) - I don't think it can be done

2: vVv Cheese ($45.00) - yay me

3: Lie ($15.00) - think about your decisions before you make them, you're so good, don't get frustrated

4: vVv Logic - so happy I finally beat you <3

5: vVv Chibo - Thanks for being da bess.

5: Smurf - always fun hanging with you

7: Slikvik- we can play at pound :3

7: GIMR - best gw v ICs, too hard.

9: M@v - thanks for hosting, you da bess

9: Melon - puff is annoying rawr

9: Umbra - thanks for your hospitality :)

9: Aposl - keep at it, you're almost at the point where it's going to be "****, I have to play Aposl!?"

13: Wango - ...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I went all gw, no icies, also, I went all gw in melee. :D

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Despite this being the worst singles performance i've ever had (2 and out :(:() I had a lot of fun. It was nice getting to see everyone. You guys who stayed with us are welcome at our place anytime, it was a lot of fun. Just get here earlier so we can drink lollll

1: M2K ($90.00)- LOL @ falling asleep in canyon wings and then having no idea where you were going -___________- good **** though, melee was fun
2: vVv Cheese ($45.00)- don't get discouraged vs m2k man, it's not impossible. you gotta give it time ^_^ good job getting 2nd though
3: Lie ($15.00)- don't quit :( lol it was nice meeting you, way to dominate me in random singles
4: vVv Logic- your olimar is ****ing nasty, fun mm and nice meeting you
5: vVv Chibo- the rob was looking mad good, keep it up ^_^ ima come down to philly one of these days and train with you guys, prob not until cot5 though. Nice seeing you again
5: Smurf- lol our set was fun, those low damage up b kills took me outttt. I was just like "nah he won't do it, he thinks i would expect it *loopity loop* oh god dammit" lol good ****
7: Slikvik- Dude that wario was sick, you ***** me -_- nice meeting you though
7: GIMR- damnnnn i lost to a melee gw lol you were mad good, fun chillin with you
9: M@v- thanks for hosting the tournament, it was awesome. Don't sweat the low placing, at least you're above me and melon in the results ^_^
9: Melon- get rapedddd lollll
9: Umbra- sucks
9: Aposl- your pt was amazing, especially your charizard. I think ima pick up pt now, you've really inspired me. ggs
13: Majora4Prez- always nice to see a new state college player, i'll try to hold a practice tournament sometime soon so you can get involved ^_^
13: Wango- loljiggs good stuff making it out though. I think you left a black classic controller at my place -_- if it's yours i can give it back at cot5 or if i see you sooner
13: Fury- nice seeing you again man, too bad we didn't get to play though :(
2: JMoan- man I can't even compete anymore, your sheik is wayyy too good. good **** getting 2nd and thanks for coming down
6: Mimorox- thanks for coming down man, melee was fun. Your marth is getting a lot better
7: Slim- the best ivysaur in the western hemisphere!
Latex- thanks for coming down and teaming with me after 2 years of no brawl ^_^ we gotta play more meleeeeeee

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts

1: M2K ($90.00) :metaknight:-No surprise here.

2: vVv Cheese ($45.00) :popo::metaknight:-I was genuinely impressed by how well you did. Definitely shocked me. good job.

3: Lie ($15.00) :diddy: Thanks for coming.

4: vVv Logic :olimar::metaknight: We didn't get to face off this time, but thanks for the friendlies ^_^

5: vVv Chibo :rob: You broke my undefeated vs rob streak :3. It was a good run at least lol. I'm still $4 up on you though :p.

5: Smurf :metaknight: Good set as it usually is when we face off. Looking forward to set #3 for the set tiebreaker :reverse:

7: Slikvik :wario: Campiest.Match.Everrrrrrrrrrr. Its not safe for falco or wario to approach at all. Good set though, I shoulda went fox :troll:

7: GIMR :gw::popo: Thanks for coming ^^

9: M@v :falco::fox: You played well, but not well enough, because close isn't good enough. Yes it was a tough tourney but you had the ability to win every match you played. You let yourself be outplayed. Learn from your mistakes, take heed of the advice you got and come back strong next time.

9: Melon :falco::jigglypuff: Sorry that mavknight sucked in teams T_T

9: Umbra :metaknight::pikachu2: We lost to the same people in bracket! And I admit it; your better than me. Don't expect me to let that last though; so you better keep your skill up.

9: Aposl :pt:- nice PT

13: Majora4Prez :link2: -Don't be too bummed out; this was an extremely hard tournament. Its super abnormal for tourneys to be this tough minus nationals. You definitely have a good foundation and potential. Your welcome to come play with any of the state college guys anytime; we are all trying to improve and would gladly help you :)

13: Wango :jigglypuff: Thanks for coming.

13: Fury :metaknight: Smurf might have the worst grammar in kingz court, but you have the worst sense of direction :troll:. In all seriousness, thanks for coming out, it was nice seeing you again! I know you could of placed higher though D:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Mav please remove the ice climbers icon

Top Bottom