• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Kwanzaa

SuperRad

Smash Master
**** Kwanzaa.
Such a stupid manufactured holiday. I'm all for people being proud of their heritage, but a fake holiday made up to give non-Christian African Americans something to celebrate is not the way to do it.

However, if you do observe it, good for you. Personally I've never met anyone who did, but then again I live in a place with a low black population.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
What about Bone?
Thanks for noticing. :]
I'm non-christian but, unfortunately I don't celebrate it.
and whats up with the religious topic..?
HugS is just too controversial for this forum. lol.
You know, some people might actually be offended, even though I doubt it.
Hahaha. ^^

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
y was i menchened lol im not even black im p r =)maybe im black..........from the waist down....OOOOOO SICK BURN SIOCK BURN =)

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Thanks for noticing. :]
I'm non-christian but, unfortunately I don't celebrate it.
and whats up with the religious topic..?
HugS is just too controversial for this forum. lol.
You know, some people might actually be offended, even though I doubt it.
Hahaha. ^^
Wut about Creepy Fingas, y'all?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
**** Kwanzaa.
Such a stupid manufactured holiday. I'm all for people being proud of their heritage, but a fake holiday made up to give non-Christian African Americans something to celebrate is not the way to do it.

However, if you do observe it, good for you. Personally I've never met anyone who did, but then again I live in a place with a low black population.
Why would you specifically bash Kwanzaa when every holiday can fall under that umbrella?

I mean, seriously, Christmas? Halloween? Thanksgiving? Easter? Garbage.

quak

Smash Champion
Why would you specifically bash Kwanzaa when every holiday can fall under that umbrella?

I mean, seriously, Christmas? Halloween? Thanksgiving? Easter? Garbage.
for real, mother's day and father's day didn't even exist until hallmark made them

sell more cards, chocolate and flowers, money in the bank

SuperRad

Smash Master
In retrospect I feel I was being harsh on Kwanzaa. But that has more to do with the fact that yesterday my friend tried to accuse me of being a bigot for thinking less of Kwanzaa then most. Far too many people (especially around here where we don't have many black people) feel that we need to respect Kwanzaa in what seems to be fear of being accused of being racist.

I was more mad at the people who blindly support Kwanzaa then anything else.

I do agree that most holidays are predicated on some kind of false concept, but with the tradition behind them I feel they represent more then just their premise. Is this not really fair to Kwanzaa? Maybe. But it is a holiday that was created in the past 40 years, and while it is about concept I'm all for (ancestry, unity, etc) for whatever reason I can't really get behind it.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hey but Christmas is legit, I mean I got Super Mario Galaxy today without having to pay a penny that's pretty cool I'm gonna go play it right now but Thanksgiving, I mean wtf that's really not necessary

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey but Christmas is legit, I mean I got Super Mario Galaxy today without having to pay a penny that's pretty cool I'm gonna go play it right now but Thanksgiving, I mean wtf that's really not necessary
I fully agree with this guy, I'm all up for people giving me SMG/GH 3 for free. That's pretty cool.

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the attitude of complacent America.
Wow wtf? Are you kidding me....? Have we not talking on AIM before? I always thought it was obvious how far from the truth that is. Just people *****ing nonstop about things that they're never gonna change is annoying. If you don't want to buy your Mommy a card, don't buy her a card. *****ing is just wack I guesssss.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no, we never have.

there's nothing wrong with *****ing. why is it annoying? it's annoying to see people celebrate holidays, how about that? but i really don't care because i can see why people do it, i just think it's silly.

change starts with yourself. everything i ***** about i don't do or i actively try not to do, so as far as i'm concerned i have every right to ***** non-stop -- and i do so with no remorse.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey guys me and a girl gave each other christmas cards today

they were really sweet

before i opened the card, she told me to close my eyes and open it above my head

there was mistletoe in it

am i off topic?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i hope that seriously didn't happen, that sounds so corny like off of gilmore girls or something.

SIIHP

edit: i don't lure anyone in drama-fests you ****ing n00b marth main, i four stock you in my sleep and i **** ya moms.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
hey guys me and a girl gave each other christmas cards today

they were really sweet

before i opened the card, she told me to close my eyes and open it above my head

there was mistletoe in it

am i off topic?

HEY Thats kind of how i did it too, except i told her to close her eyes kneel down and open her mouth.........
MERRRY CHRISTMAS BITCH!

Top Bottom