• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Handwriting

M3WTW0 J0SH

Smash Cadet
The only time I ever use cursive for endorsing checks etc.

I already knew that the cursive thing was a lie in 2nd grade, when I was learning it. My sister told me that you didn't have to use it in middle school (her being in 6th grade).

It's not only that, but you get lied to a lot in elementary school and around the age, and I picked up on it fast. I picked it up when they said "2nd grade is much harder!" when really it was just as easy. They said that about every grade, and that's not true until you get into high school.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Additional Question I will add it to the OP

What is your weapon?
How do you attack you papers. With a pen,pencil,mechanical pencil or something else

Personally I use pencils regular kind
I find these to be the most comfortable.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I hate pencils, so much that I even did math in pen for a while. But that's just stupid so I stopped. I still hate pencils.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
its all about the feel of tool

Pens- They feel weird and if you mess up your pretty much screwed. Yes theirs white out but compared to erasers that is extremely slow. And it just doesn't look as nice.

Mechanical Pencils- First they seem to break more often especially for someone like me who pushes so hard. You always run out of lead and when you ask for more everyone has different sizes. And on the paper they don't feel as sturdy as regular pencils. if you get that.

Pencils are just simple and easy for me to use. Though if I had to choice between a mech pencil or a pen I'd pick pen. I am not a big fan of mech pen

Edit
I guess writing style effects your choice too.
For example cursive writers will most likely write in pen. The reason being pens slides on the paper. Pens mechanism use cursive flowing features more beneficially then pencils

xstompx

Smash Cadet
My writing is fairly messy, although I can read it most of the time. If I'm attempting to write extremely quickly while taking notes or something, then it begins to become almost unreadable.... Also, I use mechanical pencils and pens about equally, but I despise regular pencils. I used to always use them, but I have yet to sharpen a pencil in the 2.5 years I've gone to college :-\

slave1

Smash Lord
1.What is your handwriting like?
2.How do you hold your pen or pencil
3. Do you use a pen,pencil,mechanical pencil,or etc
1 my hand writing sucks. lol i want it to be better but i dont want to take the time.

2 umm...like a normal person

3.mechanical pencil all the way. unless drawing then i use a regular pencil

JLynn943

Smash Ace
What I use depends mostly on what class I'm in at the time. If it's something like economics I'll write in pen, but other classes like electrical engineering and calculation intensive classes, I'll always use a mechanical pencil.

I pretty much never use normal pencils for anything other than their eraser. Sharpening them is a pain since there are never pencil sharpeners anywhere anymore.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
My friend tells me that I have bad handwriting but I'm not sure how to go about improving it. Haha, she makes fun of me that I'm an artist and I can't even make my letters look good. It's like I have to consciously think about writing better, as opposed to when I'm just copying down notes quickly. Sometimes lecture powerpoints move so fast and yet some girls can keep entire pages neat with notes.

M3WTW0 J0SH

Smash Cadet
I use a mechanical pencil all the time. I hate regular pencils, because I write down really hard, so the pencil doesn't break (0.9 lead) and just in case it does, I can press a button and it be technically sharpened again.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I think I have a pretty cute handwriting since I write just about everyday. I love to use the mechanical pencils because you don't have to sharpen it when it breaks or get's smaller. :D ♥

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm told I have a girl's handwriting, but that's probably because they don't like its neatness lol.

Still, in Science papers, I revert to the old Doctors' handwriting. Even I can't read what the hell I wrote xD.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm trying to be able to write and draw with both hands like Michelangelo, haha. I think learning to write in cursive with my less able hand would help me a lot.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
My handwriting has always been pretty messy. Usually I am rushed when I write, because I wait until the last minute to hand things in. If I really take my time, like on a job application, I think it is alright. Otherwise, I never dot i or j and I usually don't connect the whole character on circular letters like o, a, d, b, etc. My mom hates it, and my teachers do as well. Luckily the amount of handwritten things I turn in are limited in college, so most people don't have to see it.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
My handwriting has been described as, and I quote

" A cross between Arabic, pictographs, and seizure induced Japanese"

That's how bad it is.

Amide

Smash Lord
My hand writing is pretty bad, probably because whenever I do assignments I'll try to type it up instead of writing. Maybe I'll upload a picture later like you guys are. (I don't see the point though really:laugh:)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
My handwriting blows huge donkey balls. I failed handwriting in third grade :(

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
My handwriting always goes differnt, seriously if you looked at any books or whatever that I've wrote in it kinda looks like different poeople have been writing in it. Sometimes it just looks totally sloppy and other times it looks ok.

I don't join the writing up, unless I wanna do it really quick and then for some reason I just randomly do that.

Ange

Smash Lord
I guess my handwriting is pretty good. Tho sometimes my 'o' look like 'u' or 'r' like 'v' for example, and I also just write ä and ö with a line above them instead of dots.

I write my letters in a rather.. round style, and like to make them 'touch' with eachother or just draw them close. When I type fast and noncaring, my handwriting can be quite unreadable, haha.

Overload

Smash Lord

Sorry about terrible quality. Crappy webcam.

"This is what my handwriting looks like. It can be pretty messy when I'm writing as fast as possible and while taking notes that I don't feel like taking."

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
My handwriting is horrible and uber illegible :laugh:
most people can't read my handwriting and just last Friday i got a freaking zero on one of my school assignments because my handwrting was illegible so I had to do it ALL OVER again :mad:
i guess it's probably because of the way I hold my pencil because I hold a pencil with both my index and middle finger in the front and my thumb in the back
I'd upload a picture of my handwriting and the way I hold a pencil but I'm too lazy to XD

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
My Substite was explaining why bad handing writing is actually good the other day.

You see people with bad handwriting have so much information inside the head. It overwhelming.
So when they put it on paper they have to write fast and sloppy. To get the vast amounts of info in their head onto the paper.

So then all you people with good handwriting have empty heads, and can take your time to write things done.

Overload

Smash Lord
I've heard that there is a correlation between messy penmanship and higher intelligence.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
For some reason, my handwriting is VERY legible, not great, but 100% legible, and I fall right into what overload said:ohwell: Ive always been a strange child using both sides of my brain...

cman

Smash Ace
Haha sometimes i get bored of writing mid word, and just kind of jagged line the rest of it. Like write the first two letters then squiggle out the last three or something

Mewter

Smash Master
My "t"s tend to look like "l"s due to my tendency to leave out the cross in the middle. Sometimes if I feel like my writing is getting a little too illegible in the middle of writing, I'll revert to writing more nicely, which has more clearly defined letters.:laugh:
My "v"s, "n"s,"u"s, and "h"s sometimes look alike. Same with "i"s and "e"s. I guess it's alright, though.

Once, my class in school graded people on handwriting, so in order to pass I actually had to improve my handwriting from an S to an E (Yes, I was in third grade)

Top Bottom