• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I played a little swat yesterday and I just can't get into it. Levels like Epitaph are heartbreaking if your team is bad and can't hold the arches. It basically becomes an uphill battle that only ends in loss.

And is there a glitch or something in Guardian Teamball? My first time playing team odd ball on MLG settings, but someone on the other team must have gotten off of the map or something because he had all of the points except for like 20. And it wasn't jsut that we couldn't kill him or anything. I guess I'll go check theater or something..

Renth

Smash Hero
I played a little swat yesterday and I just can't get into it. Levels like Epitaph are heartbreaking if your team is bad and can't hold the arches. It basically becomes an uphill battle that only ends in loss.

And is there a glitch or something in Guardian Teamball? My first time playing team odd ball on MLG settings, but someone on the other team must have gotten off of the map or something because he had all of the points except for like 20. And it wasn't jsut that we couldn't kill him or anything. I guess I'll go check theater or something..
the way i play odd ball on guardian, get the ball go up to the core on the ramp close to the over shield, punch the core jump keep holding forward and you'll land on the top ledge. you can walk around to the back a little bit keep going back and fourth. More than often everyone else kills each other but if you get into a tight spot you can crouch around the backside and fall onto a lower ledge that people need to gernade jump up to.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
rats nest is gay for swat. the other team used a mongoose to get in the fenced part out side and nothing could kill them.
You can throw grenades in the top left corner, but yes, rats nest is terrible for swat. I also hate all of the new gametypes, except 2 flag isn't that bad. Bungie is really trying to ruin swat though with the new game types.

Uncle_Ray- I will be back on Sunday and will add you. Im a 47 in TS, was 49, a 47 in SWAT, and only a 12 in doubles (never played it much). Im really trying to get my 50, so which ever one you want to rank up in them im down. gamertag bjdavis69, yes im immature

Renth

Smash Hero
Infection is considered a free for all gametype, and was ranked the first time it was put into matchmaking. And yes, there was a variant of it with splazers.
I've been in the scene for a very long time, i've never seen a ranked infection. Splazers was a variant of Team Snipers on double exp weekend which definately wasn't ranked or infection.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
the way i play odd ball on guardian, get the ball go up to the core on the ramp close to the over shield, punch the core jump keep holding forward and you'll land on the top ledge. you can walk around to the back a little bit keep going back and fourth. More than often everyone else kills each other but if you get into a tight spot you can crouch around the backside and fall onto a lower ledge that people need to gernade jump up to.
That sounds about right. 169 on such a level either screams domination or something sketchy.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just discovered why Bumper Jumper is so good. I really like it now. I believe I'm going to stick with it.

Who's down for MLG tonight? You know, I've been thinking of putting together a Team Smashboards Gamebattles team too. Who'd be interested in that? It may require a moderate time commitment. (But not that much)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hey if you guys are playing tonight I think I may like to join in for a few, I've turned a moderate corner so I need to start playing with better people, and if you'd have me, I'd be down. Any idea what time?

I've gone from my once horrendous K/D ration, which I really drove into the ground when I first started, back to positive. Its gone from like .4 to just over 1, and I've stopped messing around with MLG in the past two weeks or so because I felt bad about being such a weak link for a team, and haven't done any ranked since.

My Stats

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
If I'm free this summer, I'll go get some points for the Legendary map pack. This will be my last week of school, YAY

I'm interested, but I just need to make sure that my summer won't be used up by something else.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going online with my brother (my gamertag is WGWOLVERINE and his is xBLINDFOXx) and we're gonig to do some social slayer until anyone else wants to play. Currently I only have Blazer's gamertag though. I guess just send a friend request if you want to play ^_^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
done for the night, football in 4 hours >_< tonight was easily my best stint in social slayer. Consistently around +7 for being such a relative noob

edit: good run today, up to gunnery sergeant, and back up to a 1.1 kdr

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey, does anyone wanna play some TS with me the next time you're online? I used to be a 39 but due to bad teammates, I've dropped to level 35. I really wanna reach level 40 but I'm pretty sure that I've hit my peak in Halo 3 because the last several TS games I've played, I did really bad.

Yesterday I played 3 TS games and I only got 3 kills, 1 kill and 2 kills. And if you wanna play with me, I'd really appreciate it if you guys are similar levels so we get to face ppl higher levels than us so we rank up faster. Cause whenever I play TS, I face ppl lower than me (25-30). Xbox Live gamertag: II F8AL II

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
F8tal: Yea, I hate playing with randoms. I pretty much refuse to play unless I have a team of people I know. There's ALWAYS someone going -15 on my team. Terrible.

Goofy! Where you at, dude!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8tal: Yea, I hate playing with randoms. I pretty much refuse to play unless I have a team of people I know. There's ALWAYS someone going -15 on my team. Terrible.

Goofy! Where you at, dude!
The next time we`re both online, I`ll invite you to play some TS, k?

PS: People always misspell my user name. :laugh:

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Totally, Leo. I love playing with you, but you're 7 hours ahead of me! Anytime I'm able to get online is like 4 am for you! lol.

Maybe on the weekends some time I'll try to get on kind of early. I have off this Friday...

F8AL: Wow, I did misspell your name! Sorry! Anywho, yea, just send me an invite, it's all good.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I didn't know if anybody knew this or not but Ranked BTB is on the verge of being taken out, Bungie has started making RBTB double exp til the end of June in hopes to bring it back to life. The reason why it might be getting taken out is because very few people are playing in there. So if there's anybody that wants any extra exp, well now is your chance before RBTB is either removen or stays and doesn't have double exp. I have even heard that some of the Bungie members have been frequenting the RBTB area, so you never know, you might just get to play with them...or against them.

smashman90

Smash Lord

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My router started freaking out those last two games! I wasn't even really playing. The lag for me was so bad. Never let me be party leader again, lol!

The other team should be ashamed of themselves for only making me go -1. Like, seriously, I would kill people, they would die, and then stand back up and kill me! Such bs.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've created a social group titled Team Smashboards for us Halo players. Feel free to join, I invited people I remembered off the top of my head but I know I missed a lot of you.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
All my plans fell through for tonight so I'll most likely be playing a lot tonight. About you finally reach the officer ranks, got my 10 in Lone Wolves this morning >_<

griffball is exciting, but it pretty much tanked my progress in my kdr. my guest had a killtrocity earlier >_<

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
GG's Blazer, I'm getting better, but I'm still too aggressive. However, I did have 5 kills from shooting the exploding barrels lol.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
your much better than i thought. as long as you don't rush in unprepared or in an obvious route, agressiveness can often be your friend. btw, i thought you got a mic? would you guys be up for it if i organized team smashboards vs the guys from high speed halo?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Like that shotty snipers game at valhalla when Bmota's party was just flocking to those caves, you had a pretty solid hold on the ship so I just kept count on your shots and rushed in with the shotgun after 4 shots to clean up. I think I had only one REALLY bad rush but it was on Ghost Town and I'd never played there so I was more on the unprepared side than anything. And I can't play tonight, but tomorrow I'll be on. And my mic is at my buds house. We had a 24 hour rockband session.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
This new map Cold Storage is going to be so awesome. Anybody who never got to play Chill Out in Halo 1 is in for a treat, everyone who did is too, we get to play it online now and in the Halo 3 engine, woo.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What, you get to play it? How so? I haven't paid attention to the new map thing. I know they revealed the new map at MLG Chicago, but that's it.

Also, you guys hear that Final Boss got 7th place? Crazy stuff right there too.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
That's what I'm talking about, the map they revealed at the MLG event was Cold Storage, a remake of Chill Out, which was the main MLG map for Halo 1.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Gratz to Str8 for winning San Diego!

I used to be huge into H3, but in my new apartment I don't have internet yet and thus no access to Xbox Live. Sad Face.

It is nice bumming free wifi off your neighbors though. :)

Top Bottom