• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
I said biased against your posting style. I (Ryker) played SSB Mafia with you and didn't remember you being obnoxious in it.
Ah. So you're biased against mah postin' stylee 'cuz it's changed?

Got the feelin' ya said ya were biased against me from before that. Not 'cuz I've changed. Ya got biased against e pretty soon did ya not?

O btw SSB mafia? Never heard of it. Srsly. We played Newbie 6/7 where u replaced out D1, that was ur last game here if IIRC. So again, wat?

'N tell me about this case, what was the real intention? Get into the game? Think I'm scummy 'n the case was tip top?

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
Both at L-2 The-Man.

Also, f my phone for thinking the past tense of lynch is less useful than the past tense of lunch

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Where's our toy tractor with fitted meat-grinders! Yes wii knew the last part, and this told us everything important about nothing :woman: [#239] - y did you rephrase Zero's statements at the rest of Town and then advertise that as a policy lynch if you didn't agree with the idea in the first place? e.g. and hypothetically, as challengers of wagon X wii wouldn't suddenly rephrase everyone's reasons to hop on it and say @town "this is what everybody on the wagon was trying to say btw, if it wasn't any clearer... oh, remember kids we disagree with it", because that serves nothing useful from our POV and makes people want to hop on it even more. This is what's leading us to believe there could be a possible scum agenda with ur play, because by rephrasing Zero's stance on the wagon so it's clearer smoother better ur only making it sound more appertizing despite it allegedly coming from a player who's anti-the idea in the first place.

Also, saying "at this stage" is a bit superbad because the more stages we pass the more we have to prioritise scum lynches due to possible impending mylo/lylo scenarios, wouldn't you agree? Wii do!
:awesome: If push came to shove wii'd wager a creme egg you'd hop on it quite instantly if it had majority Town backing, as a scummie hoping for that winning lynch!
I asked about policy lynching at the beginning of the game to give us a talking point and to see who would agree. A 180 is not a particularly uncommon move. Throw out something you don't agree with to see who jumps on it and then back out and see what they do. The entire conversation with FZ was awkward, but was the only real chance we had gotten at that point for any form of discussion.

As for the scum list, it worked for exactly what we wanted it to. It got people talking to us. Worth every penny to me. If you honestly think the scum are going to follow the roadmap set down by a lynch candidate, then you've got some issues to check out.

Ah. So you're biased against mah postin' stylee 'cuz it's changed?

Got the feelin' ya said ya were biased against me from before that. Not 'cuz I've changed. Ya got biased against e pretty soon did ya not?

O btw SSB mafia? Never heard of it. Srsly. We played Newbie 6/7 where u replaced out D1, that was ur last game here if IIRC. So again, wat?

'N tell me about this case, what was the real intention? Get into the game? Think I'm scummy 'n the case was tip top?
It's annoying. It got old pretty quick.

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. If so, my fault. I played both of those games similarly and had to argue the same arguments in them. Iirc, I played a good bit of that Day 1 before I ended up replacing out. It's usually my favorite day.

That case was put out there not with real lynch intention. While, yes, I didn't think you were working toward town objectives, there wasn't enough on the table to justify you over all the lurkers. The point of that list was to try and get involved. I can't sit in the back. It's probably my biggest problem as a player. Look back before that. The-Man was V/LA the first weekend and after that, the only real discussion we had was that bit with FZ. When we tried to say something it wasn't really discussed. It was frustrating to say the least.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
It's annoying. It got old pretty quick.

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. If so, my fault. I played both of those games similarly and had to argue the same arguments in them. Iirc, I played a good bit of that Day 1 before I ended up replacing out. It's usually my favorite day.

That case was put out there not with real lynch intention. While, yes, I didn't think you were working toward town objectives, there wasn't enough on the table to justify you over all the lurkers. The point of that list was to try and get involved. I can't sit in the back. It's probably my biggest problem as a player. Look back before that. The-Man was V/LA the first weekend and after that, the only real discussion we had was that bit with FZ. When we tried to say something it wasn't really discussed. It was frustrating to say the least.
It was indeed someone else. How you can come into a game sayin' you're biased against me, and not even realise when I point out it wasn't me is beyond me. I see no effort from you.

Good, still dislike you but assumed that's what the forced case was for. You took far too long to explain this and have not, imo, used the avenues available to you to actually get involved in the game. Peach never explained quite why the case was so strong. And as far as I can tell SSBF of FFS thinks its strong, not so much Sold. Peach - explain.

You do have time to go out, but place a vote before you do, imo. Re-readin' to see if you've missed anything.

ETA till deadline is roughly 5/6 hours?

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Gotenks, who do you think is scum?

You have taken no more of a stance than Moriarty. Posting who you think is scum will either convince everyone that you're worth keeping around, or if it doesn't, at least we'll know what you're thinking when we have to pick a lynch tomorrow. Not revealing who your scum reads are does nothing for town right now.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
And what DOES me revealing every read give? We've got 2 players at L-2, no one else has any chance of being voted off in the next few hours. Quite frankly, Moriarty has been my choice since early game, and after the day has gone by I still see no reason to keep the slot alive. Why anyone is considering other lynches when there's no clear standout scum is beyond me. A few people who would be a solid lynch of Mori wasn't around, sure, but someone who sticks out enough to be lynched over him? Don't think so. I'll worry about spreading things around when there's not a blatant lynch choice staring me in the face.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
Gotenks, you ignore the possibility that you will be lynched. Say you ARE town and get lynched, what do you give us? Nothing. A scum player would want to hold back to supply information at a later date i.e. tomorrow. Self preservation play.

Give us the stances you should have provided throughout the day anyway.

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Gotenks it's best if you just claim if you have a PR. It will do more good than having us go through with the lynch and lynching a PR.

Chuckie I agree.

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
gotenks or mory. idk if yu guys think moryll be useless yu should prob lynch him and if he flips town look at ppl who wagoned him. his recent inactivity troubles me anyway so if yu go with him ill vote him

still wanna hear gotenks stances tho

unvote

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
btw im against claiming on d1 cuz it exposes prs. like if gotenks claims boss pr hell be a doc / pr target forever

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Okay. The fact that you REFUSE to help town when town's handing you the opportunity to be helpful? Thanks for telling us you're scum.

Spag, there's no reason to hold back on putting him at L-1/hammering. What more can you possibly ask for?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
eye'd also like to here something substantial from Gotenks

I asked about policy lynching at the beginning of the game to give us a talking point and to see who would agree. A 180 is not a particularly uncommon move. Throw out something you don't agree with to see who jumps on it and then back out and see what they do. The entire conversation with FZ was awkward, but was the only real chance we had gotten at that point for any form of discussion.
Curiously, exactly what do you mean by 180? Are you referring to the post in-question or simply referring to doing a 180 on the proposal to policy lynch?

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
its cuz im 90% sure that mory wont come back to play the game [neither head of the hydra]. dont wanna risk a modkill tomrrow =/

vote gotenks

sigh

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
I've GIVEN you guys stances for god's sake. I've flat out said I would be fine with a Cheese lynch if Mori had stepped it up. I've said FZ looked towniest of town through most of the game so far. I'm not going to go through and list every player and everything I think about them. I've given stances, pushed a lynch I'm behind, what more do you want from me? I mean really, you're asking repeatedly for things that have ALREADY BEEN GIVEN. There's only so much I can do short of a full scumlist, which I refuse to do because scumlists are a terrible idea. You know where we stand. You want stances you've already got them? If this lynch goes through Cotton needs to be looked at, as does Smarboy(I'm refusing to help town when given a chance? How does that not apply 2000% to Mori over me?), and possibly Chuckie. Now can we please lynch the never-going-to-contribute worthless playerslot instead of the contributing one? Kthxbai

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
Oh, I'd also like to point, what are the main points people are on Gotenks about? Not giving stances? We have given them, Moriarty hasn't. Refusing to help town as Smarboy said? Mori's been that way since the game started. What logical reason is there to vote for an active player over an inactive who you can, much more accurately, apply the same arguments to? I'd honestly like to know, and it's why I suggest Cotton and Smar be looked into if we get lynched today, there's NO reason for us to be lynched over Moriarty, as the complaints made at us can be made at them too, with the exception of we can't have the "totally inactive and playing a totally anti-town style" tacked on.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
eye'd also like to here something substantial from Gotenks

Curiously, exactly what do you mean by 180? Are you referring to the post in-question or simply referring to doing a 180 on the proposal to policy lynch?
180 on the proposal to policy lynch.

How many hours to deadline?

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
btw im against claiming on d1 cuz it exposes prs. like if gotenks claims boss pr hell be a doc / pr target forever
So?

It's better than actually lynching the PR. If he does have one then that reduces the sample space for lynch candidates, thus giving us a higher chance of lynching scum. He's the play anyways so he might as well claim up and if he has either doc or cop then we could switch to Mori. Otherwise he could die for falsly breadcrumbing a necessary PR.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
That's just the thing Licky, I'm NOT the play today unless town are complete ****ing idiots. Every argument raised against Gotenks fits Moriarty too. We have proven we can contribute, been decently active. Moriarty has done neither. This is a key point I want town to remember if you decide to go dumb route and lynch us: Licky and Smar are pushing an active player on things that apply better to the inactive, unable to fully contribute playerslot. If I live through today, I'm taking a serious look at those two, if I don't town better do so.

There's absolutely no reason for us to be the play over Moriarty. No one has brought up a single argument that can't be applied to them, so if you're lynching based on "scumminess" of our actions, then Moriarty is much scummier AND not contributing, as well as avoiding questions. The logic behind this wagon is terrible, and there's a much better lynch only 1 vote behind us.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Active scum?

Gotenks.

Inactive null?

Moriarty.

I'll paint a picture for you and post it up if you so desperately want me to elaborate.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
*Facepalm* The point is, every argument you guys have made against Gotenks describes Moriarty better: Stanceless, not doing anything, but you can add in playing in a blatantly anti-town way and being inactive. There's no reason to find us more suspicious than Moriarty given the current arguments.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Okay. Before I get out my sketch pad, I'll verbalize a scenario...

Gotenks is Curtis Meathead, bully of the block. He smashes any person that gets in his way of doing who cares what?

Moriarty is Kid #1, just standing in the background, watching Curtis beat on these innocent people.

What's the difference between Curtis and Kid #1?

Curtis is actively an a**hole.

Kid #1 is accidentally an a**hole, cuz he's not trying to stop Curtis.

What's the difference between Gotenks and Moriarty?

Gotenks is putting himself out there and actively advertising to the world that he's scum.

Moriarty's inactive.

What town (that has their vote on Moriarty) is saying, is that they'd rather lynch inactives over scummies.

Do you see what I mean Gotenks? No, because why would you admit to being scum :p?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
On phone, don't know how to log out.

I think mentos wants to know WHY we are scummy. As far as he can tell, all your scum tells also apply to Moriarty.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Scumtenks said:
There's no reason to find us more suspicious than Moriarty given the current arguments.
He's not BEING scummy. Golly. Do you really not understand? Oh wait lol. You do, but you don't wanna blow your cover. I'll play along. It's cute.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Now for the votecount:

tHe-man: Spaghebti (1)
Moriarty: ForeverZero, Peach Monster, Gotenks, Fans for sell, tHe-man (5)
Spaghebt: Moriarty,(1)
Gotenks: Xsword, Cottonlicky, Chuckie, RegalCheese, Smarboy69, Spaghebti(6)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Not voting: tHe-man (1)

Deadline is in an hour and a half, if a majority vote is not reached by then, then there will be a no-lynch.

A warning to all hydras, from now on, i am only counting votes from people who post in their hydras. No more of this voting outside the hydra stuff.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
@Mod - where is spaghebti's vote?

@ everyone else - no lynching here would be a very, very bad idea. I shouldn't have to point that out!

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Man you guys keep saying the same thing. You're right, the same stuff that applies to Moriarty does apply to you, which is why you should die. If you're as useless as someome one who hasn't even been in the game then there is no reason to keep you around. Gotenks, you are the play. Stop denying something that is obviously happening, it's mighty annoying.

Licky: "that grass is green"

Gotenks: "no it's not, it's just not"

Licky: "how so?"

Gotenks: "its the same color as that tree, the tree is green, not the grass!"

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
@Smargaret

Swords' revision of the votecount said:
Moriarty: ForeverZero, Peach Monster, Gotenks, Fans for sell, tHe-man (5)
Spaghebt: Moriarty,(1)
Gotenks: Xsword, Cottonlicky, Chuckie, RegalCheese, Smarboy69, Spaghebti(6)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
Fix'd.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Man you guys keep saying the same thing. You're right, the same stuff that applies to Moriarty does apply to you, which is why you should die. If you're as useless as someome one who hasn't even been in the game then there is no reason to keep you around. Gotenks, you are the play. Stop denying something that is obviously happening, it's mighty annoying.

Licky: "that grass is green"

Gotenks: "no it's not, it's just not"

Licky: "how so?"

Gotenks: "its the same color as that tree, the tree is green, not the grass!"
Perfection, thy name is CottonLicky.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Man you guys keep saying the same thing. You're right, the same stuff that applies to Moriarty does apply to you, which is why you should die.
Nice attempt at a word twist there. I said "SCUM TELLS THAT APPLY TO US APPLY TO MORIARTY" not everything.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Definitely starting to not like Cotton and smarboy now.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
He's not BEING scummy. Golly. Do you really not understand? Oh wait lol. You do, but you don't wanna blow your cover. I'll play along. It's cute.
*FACEPALM*

Ok, let's look at the arguments against Gotenks:

Not providing stances: Moriarty has not provided a single stance, whereas I have given stances on Moriarty, Cheese, FZ, and now CL and smarboy to an extent. If this is a scumtell, who's worse? Point Moriarty

Not scumhunting: This ties into the first one a bit. The fact that I have voiced suspicion about players means I am scumhunting. Moriarty has placed a vote then disappeared, and never so much as said a word of his own creation. Point Moriarty.

Now, let's look at other things that apply to Moriarty:

Inactive: I know Kev's situation, but both players of the hydra have been MIA, and before Kev's situation weren't ever active, simply a little less inactive than they are now.

Anti-town playstyle: I understand people think the pictures posted are funny, but they don't win a mafia game. Has multiple times refused to answer simple questions, or comply with requests from town in our best interest.

When you can actually give me some indication of why exactly we're a better lynch than Moriarty, I may stop being a jerk about this, but as it stands if we get lynched town is just being outright idiots and not realizing that every major argument raised against Gotenks applies to Moriarty as well, AND there's more to say about them beyond it. Some of you are reminding me why I stopped playing as much>_>

Top Bottom