• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo 2/3 and Brawl are not comparable. So stop bashing Halo.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I never brought up balance as an issue, though. I just said the game was a poor competitive game. It could be completely balanced and still be a poor game. I mean, come on. It's a poor competitive game because of the flaws within the game engine itself, not balance or whatever.

Lol, I wasn't great, but i mean, I beat LiL Poison on his host in FFA often... I had T2 on my friend's list... I had IGotUrPistola on my list and I did pretty well against him..

I was Redalicious, looool

that's super old, btw. I was pretty good at FFA and decent at 4s.

SiD

Smash Master
Well, you're wrong. The glitches/auto aim don't stop it from being great for competition.

Although, I don't know about FFA....

But it's a great competitive team game, because of the way it plays. Because of the shields, the levels, and the speed of the game. It's perfectly set up for competitive play.

SleepyK

Well, you're wrong. The glitches/auto aim don't stop it from being great for competition.

Although, I don't know about FFA....

But it's a great competitive team game, because of the way it plays. Because of the shields, the levels, and the speed of the game. It's perfectly set up for competitive play.
Yeah, they do. Glitches + AA take out a large portion of FPS skill that is prevalent in other FPS. It also adds a huge random factor to the game, and if I remember correctly absolute randomness is what most competitive games strive to remove.

FFA is competitive, obviously you didn't play much competitive Halo 2 if you don't know anything about that, lol.

It's definitely not perfectly set up for competitive play. Halo 1 was pretty close to being perfectly set up for competitive play.

Either way, like I said, it's fun if you play with your friends.

SiD

Smash Master
I didn't say FFA wasn't competitive, and I don't play much competitive Halo 2. I just know alot about it.

The glitches in Halo 2 don't add any randomness at all....don't know what game you were playing.

It is set up perfectly for competitive play dude...

Or are you saying that a game played competitively so widely, and for such large amounts of money, is actually a bad game?

SleepyK

Yeah, a game doesn't have to be good to be popular or played for money. Obviously you don't know much about competitive Halo 2... since you kind of have to play it. It's called experience, lol.

The glitches add randomness? I didn't say that, but while we're on it, I guess they do. Due to massive lunges, random BXRs will connect and kill even if you're say, standing in front of someone looking the other way. Stupid things with the sniper and autoaim can happen, uhh falling through the map happens due to poor level isometry.... stuff like that.

Also, I played the game to hell and back, whereas you, by your own admission, didn't play the game competitively much. So I'm pretty sure I know a little more about the game than you do, lol.

It's not set up perfectly for competitive play. There's just a community built around the game for a specific way of playing it. I mean, if you didn't play much competitive H2, how do you know that it was set up perfectly?

Once again, I say, the game was fun if you didn't play it seriously.

SiD

Smash Master
You're wrong, dude. Just because you played the game competitively more than I did doesn't mean you know more about it, and it certainly doesn't mean you know more about it than the pros, who obviously tink it's a good competitive game.

By "I didn't play it competitively" I meant I didn't go to tournaments, not that I didn't play the way that they do, try and think the ways that they play.

SleepyK

By many pro's own admission, the game is flawed, LOL

Many of the pros admit to the same problems with the games that I brought up.

Halo 1 > Halo 2, looool @ this stupid dead argument.

And I would think that a plumber who has years in the field would be a better plumber than someone who just knows a lot about plumbing.

Also, you say it's set up perfectly.... but you also say that no competitive game is perfectly balanced.

Haha, whatever, man. Let's stop spamming, plz.

NES n00b, can you teach me Link @ Jewflex's?

SiD

Smash Master
Of course it's flawed, so ****ing what? It's still perfect for competitive play. You've given no reasons otherwise really....

You can't get random BxRs, not something that happens on accident. And autoaim, while excessive, is purposefully taken advantage of, also not random.

It has so much to it, always knowing where your oponnents are and where they are going, keeping track of player and weapon spawns, working with your team closely but not too closely, using the right weapon in the right situation. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

And no, plumbing badly for years doesn't mean you know more about plumbing.

SleepyK

lol let's see how many pros you beat.

I have a list I can pull out to flex my e-muscles.

I've given plenty of reasons, you're just dead set that i'm wrong.

And that's about ALL there is to it. except you really don't need the right weapon at the right time, since the BR is basically a one hit kill gun regardless. And doing all that isn't really that difficult, loool.

SiD

Smash Master
I didn't say I could beat any pros, dumb ***.

And you haven't given any reasons that I can remember, besides glitches and auto aim, which I already addressed.

The BR is a one hit kill situationally yes, but against other good players, it isn't as easy as you seem to think.

And stop with the "lol"'s, it annoys me. I'm pretty sure you're not sitting there actually laughing.

So if your so dead set on being cocky, go ask the actual pros at Halo 2. They obviously know more than both of us. And I guarantee you most if not all of them will tell you how wrong you are.

Oh, sort of a sidenote, but how do you feel about Wave Dashing?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
NES n00b, can you teach me Link @ Jewflex's?
Sure, I guess. Link is really awesome and anyone who wants to learn him is awesome by association in my book. :cool:

I like to add that I like Halo 1 much better than Halo 2. The pistol allowed it so you at least had a chance if someone had a really good weapon pair and it didn't have autoaim. There is more, but I really like Halo1 much more than Halo 2 in all different aspects. Oh well. :ohwell:

SiD

Smash Master
Sure, I guess. Link is really awesome and anyone who wants to learn him is good in my book. :cool:

I like to add that I like Halo 1 much better than Halo 2. The pistol allowed it so you at least had a chance if someone had a really good weapon pair and it didn't have autoaim. There is more, but I really like Halo1 much more than Halo 2 in all different aspects. Oh well. :ohwell:
Meh, to each his own. Halo 1 was MUCH more about aiming, while Halo 2 tactics matter more.

SleepyK

loool you implied I was bad with your plumbing comment.
And against good players, it's still pretty easy to kill them with the BR with the assorted glitches, lol.

and yeah, I asked every pro I came across, they agreed Halo 2 was a bad game.

Wavedashing is wavedashing. You can use it if you want, but good luck winning without it.

Also, tactics were equally if not more important in halo 1 than halo 2, since kills were that much quicker and spawns were based on your teammate.

SiD

Smash Master
loool you implied I was bad with your plumbing comment.
And against good players, it's still pretty easy to kill them with the BR with the assorted glitches, lol.

and yeah, I asked every pro I came across, they agreed Halo 2 was a bad game.

Wavedashing is wavedashing. You can use it if you want, but good luck winning without it.
Oh, it did come off like that. It was merely an extreme example to get my point across, I have no idea how good/bad you are.

And "every pro you came across" means nothing to me. Not to mention, I have no reason to believe it's true that people who play a game for hours every day think it's a bad game.

SleepyK

Like you brought it up, for that much money playing a video game, I sat on my *** and played halo 2 for a long time even though i thought it was a horrible game, lol.

SiD

Smash Master
Well I can see why you'd get bored of playing a game while playing it so competitively, really I can, but that doesn't mean it isn't good for competitive play. It is. Whether or not the competition is fun is a different story that truly can't be answered without experience.

SleepyK

dude, I said I had fun playing the game competitively a couple posts ago, lol.

And you can't bring up experience like that if you null my experience.

SiD

Smash Master
...so you have fun playing competitively on a horrible game? Dude, you are hella contradicting yourself.

And I wasn't nulling your experience, I just meant I can't answer that, because that is purely based on experience, unlike what we were talking about before which wasn't.

SleepyK

I'm not contradicting myself at all.

I can have fun playing a game that I don't like.

As a matter of fact, Twister (a guy in GA) has fun playing SSBM but he hates the game and thinks it sucks.

actually, he loves halo, lol.

SiD

Smash Master
Okay, this is irrelevant. The point is, it's great for competitive play, and it's great in general. You couldn't be more wrong on this subject.

Well, I'm sounding like a Jack *** kinda. So let's just agree to disagree.

SleepyK

Actually, the point was that both games are fun, which I agreed to. LOL

It's irrelevant... so don't bring it up, man.

It's not great for competitive play, and it's too flawed to be great in general, but let's stop arguing, please. I'm sure the brawl boards have enough topics with 1000000x replies.

How about UGA trumping Troy?

SiD

Smash Master
I don't see how a few glitches that everyone can take advantage of and excessive auto aim could possibly stop it from being great...

****IT! Sorry. I'll stop now.

SleepyK

WELL IT REMOVES SKILL FROM THE GAME AND

i mean

puppies and smiling children.

SiD

Smash Master
Oh, here's a new subject: Halo 3.

It removed the excessive auto aim and the glitches. What do you have to say about that?

Infinite-one

Smash Rookie
Comparing the two is like comparing apples and peaches. Both are fantastic, but in completely different ways.

SleepyK

Well, I don't know anything about the game competitively, but for some reason, it got really old for me really fast. I guess I need to rebuild my friends list (I got a new account) and play some customs, lol.

EDIT: Yes, Halo is not boring.

SiD

Smash Master
Well, I don't know anything about the game competitively, but for some reason, it got really old for me really fast. I guess I need to rebuild my friends list (I got a new account) and play some customs, lol.

EDIT: Yes, Halo is not boring.
You know, it got old for me really fast too....

I think it's cause it's too similar to Halo 2 in most ways. Plus, I get hella pissed off playing Halo, lol.

The campaign was hella awesome though.

SleepyK

Well, there aren't any competitive glitches in SSBM for them to remove, really.

haha, grunt birthday skull is the best.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, other than WD (arguably not a glitch, don't argue here), which already got the boot.

And hell yeah, those grunts had sooooooo many birthdays.

SleepyK

I guess there's platform cancelling, but that's also an abuse of the game's physics, so it's arguable... and it might be in anyway. Who knows. Either way, Brawl is going to be a fun game.

HOORAYYYY

Infinite-one

Smash Rookie
I guess there's platform cancelling, but that's also an abuse of the game's physics, so it's arguable... and it might be in anyway. Who knows. Either way, Brawl is going to be a fun game.

HOORAYYYY
Yes. Yes it will. You want to play some matches once it comes out?

SleepyK

Haha, I might not play online for a while when it comes out...

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Haha, I might not play online for a while when it comes out...
Yeah I'm going to stay offline until i unlock all of the characters and stages. I don't know if you can see other people playing as them on WiFi, but I want be a little surprised when I play Brawl.

Oh RoyalRook, you dumb *** you, go shove your PC elitist bull **** down someone else's throat.
Hehheh. You got owned RoyalRook.

jonfled

Smash Cadet
"Halo is teh gh3y cuz 2 many ppl hype'd it and it getz booring" < your average Halo basher.

Halo 3 + LIVE = funnest thing since melee came out for me. It's funny how you can't even compare Brawl to Halo 3 when Brawl hasn't even been released yet.

It's also impossible to compare the two seeing as they're completely different styles of play, and are on completely different consoles and are exclusive to both said consoles.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
When will people like the thread creator understand? People don't bash Halo because it's Halo. They bash it because it's really the war of Microsoft vs Nintendo. So since Halo is the best game on 360 (Microsoft), they will take their own best game, brawl, and use it against them by saying it's better and all that other bull. Same thing goes for Microsoft bashing Brawl. They hate to see that they don't have the best game on their console, so they bash the other console's best game to make themselves fell better. Letting everyone know that their prior company rules.

Top Bottom