• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, so let me clear this up, you say your reasoning for trying to have people go along with your scum-picks is because your opinions are always right and you apparantly have caught EBR with a bloody knife? Like, people should just listen to you to listen to you?
Seems to work pretty well.

Also, you're ignoring my points against him, which makes me dislike you with a vicious hatred.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
2 of those lynches are silly, being my own and EBR's, while another one is a really cool one to be on for reasons stated aplenty from Myself/EBR/Sang/Moth. In your next post tell who you are planning on voting and why? If there is no deadline extenstion for the hurricane, time is looking short.
I still cannot find where you switched between EBRscum to EBRtown. Could you point me to where, because I'm really confused.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can say for sure that I haven't lied in this game. Recollection has nothing to do with it because I know for sure that I haven't. You on the other hand are unsure? Adding the statement "from my recollection" is either because you can't remember if you have lied or not or because you want a get-out clause in your stance. Both of these are scummy
What? That's not it at all. What are you not getting from what I just said that I haven't lied from my recollection. Saying that doesn't give me a back-out nor does it infer that I have lied but forgotten.

And J, what's so bad about lying as town? I'd happily admit to lying multiple times throughout this game.
Lying is just bad in general because it hurts ones credibility as town and also makes a mess of things for town when town just shouldn't lie because they shouldn't have anything to hide (though this point is a scenario based standard). *However that's just my opinion on the matter and has different things to go by, I've lied as town when I have seen if more beneficial too* As long as you are good enough to lie, it's apparently okay. But wait a second, you've lied multiple times throughout this game? Like hold up a second and how?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems to work pretty well.

Also, you're ignoring my points against him, which makes me dislike you with a vicious hatred.
I'm not ignoring anything besides you just pointing at something that you say is scummy but not showing why. Can you give at least a summary as to why he is scummy and not just, "He is for this quote because it's so scummy." Hate me to love me Swiss. Hate me to love me.

I still cannot find where you switched between EBRscum to EBRtown. Could you point me to where, because I'm really confused.
I've never said EBRscum this game at all. I've been very vocal about EBR being a null but now I want to have him as a town read.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@RR: Only if J is the only realistic lynch. Otherwise there are several people who I'll rather see lynched before J.

And your worst.

J, what happened to town as soon as they started listening to me in NBC? Town won. My arrogance is not unwarranted, my 'swag' is not empty, my posts are not unclear.

I have quoted several posts which even the most absent minded can see are suspicious - is it not up to Ryker to explain these actions, as opposed to myself forcing cases?
Tis be dumb not to admit that Swiss has skills at this game.

But tis also be dumb to simply follow Swiss for that reason.

@Swiss & X1: Are you guys sure about this J thing you have going here? Seems like it could just be sementics. If I asked someone if they had done action x, and they answer something along the lines of "No, not that I remember," I wouldn't think twice of it.

Also X1 you never answered J's oringal question. Has he lied before?

@J: I'll respect your request to wait for RR's answer to your question before I make it.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Hey J. Not sure how my stance on X1 was unclear but I have him as pretty solid scum. That's only been further solidified since you asked me about this a couple pages back.

I've been thinking EBR is town since his first post. And I'm also prepared to argue down his lynch. Might not have to if I throw a chainsaw hard enough at Swiss.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Tis be dumb not to admit that Swiss has skills at this game.

But tis also be dumb to simply follow Swiss for that reason.
If I told you it was a good idea, would you believe me?

@Swiss & X1: Are you guys sure about this J thing you have going here? Seems like it could just be sementics. If I asked someone if they had done action x, and they answer something along the lines of "No, not that I remember," I wouldn't think twice of it.
I do not think J is scum based just off the recent semantics - however I think his total inability to understand how he was wrong is indicative of utterly poor play or, more likely, deliberate stupidity. J is not a fool and regularly tries to catch people out in ways like this - are we now to believe he cannot understand simple setence structure?

To clarify - the answer itself was not scummy, simply bizarre, but his actions around it do not make sense. J has done some things which seem townie in my eyes - but the fact remains that regularly throughout this game he is making mistakes, errors and missing simple points whilst in my eyes also acting scummy. I hold no weight in his scumreads and even if he were to be town, is useless. My read on him is still scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lynching me will not stop EBR's lynch, merely delay it - when people see I am town they will reconsider and eventually lynch EBR as fewer and fewer established town players have solid reads. In fact, if stopping EBR's lynch is your goal (as you just said) - as opposed to lynching me - then convincing me he is town is the most useful strategy you could possibly employ.

I await your case as to why he is town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I do not think J is scum based just off the recent semantics - however I think his total inability to understand how he was wrong is indicative of utterly poor play or, more likely, deliberate stupidity. J is not a fool and regularly tries to catch people out in ways like this - are we now to believe he cannot understand simple setence structure?
What are you talking about in the bolded because this is the first where you have said I have an inability to understand things. Also if you are talking about not understanding what you are saying, you do realize I'm not the only one here and quite a few people dislike you based on that, no?

Lynching me will not stop EBR's lynch, merely delay it - when people see I am town they will reconsider and eventually lynch EBR as fewer and fewer established town players have solid reads. In fact, if stopping EBR's lynch is your goal (as you just said) - as opposed to lynching me - then convincing me he is town is the most useful strategy you could possibly employ.

I await your case as to why he is town.
Why should he make a case as to why EBR is town to convince you of that when you have yet to give a solid (key word here Swiss) case on EBR? Also giving a case as to why someone is town is almost backwards in the way of thinking things through w.r.t. mafia.

Also it really wouldn't matter if you did happen to flip town because people really wouldn't hold much stock into your EBR push. This entire quote is just so weird because it's like you are asking Moth to give you a backdoor to get out of this EBR push yet at the same time make sure it's known that you have EBR as a scum-read.

Swiss, can I get your opinion of RR with some reasoning behind it? Also how did your SangScum read change? By tone of posts, you seem to like X1 as town no?

@Moth: Thanks duder and it'll be fun pushing this with ya.

@Swords: Thanks for waiting but can you ascertain as to why I am doing this? What is your opinion of RR?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I want more stuff from Sang because she has been pretty non-presentish as of late though idk if she has power so if that's the case then she's fine.

Where are like Raz/TC/RR/Acro and the like though?

@Mod: Did we get that deadline extension oooor? Also can we have an update on some players?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I want more stuff from Sang because she has been pretty non-presentish as of late though idk if she has power so if that's the case then she's fine.
This reads as "Sang, do you have a PR?"

Wtf.

Posts like this make me want to kill you to death. Why would you bring attention to a potential power role?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This reads as "Sang, do you have a PR?"

Wtf.

Posts like this make me want to kill you to death. Why would you bring attention to a potential power role?
You're....not this thickheaded.

You probably don't know this since you are in England but a lot of people over here just got hit by a huge *** hurricane that has left me and Sang out of school due to damages/electricity failure.

Power = eletricity

Not power roles but very funny mistake. xD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
School just got cancelled for tomorrow as well....

Alright I'm that bored so I'm gonna be cranking a re-read/notes thing later and I'll see if anything changes with my reads and stuff.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
You know how it's been. Busy. Regardless, sorry. Would you mind asking me some questions? I don't really see anything that I can really respond to as of late until more people get back and can start posting again.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Just ignore my questions - it's cool.
My bad. The only question I see is this one:

Where did I say I see something to gain from lying as town?
And the answer to that is here:

And J, what's so bad about lying as town? I'd happily admit to lying multiple times throughout this game.
You don't outright say that you see something to gain from lying as town, but, to me, it is inferred being as you say you would happily admit to lying. If you really are town, then there must be something to gain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang, I kind of wanna see you do some things that are independant because since your DH lynch I can't recall anything from you toDay. Do you still feel Swiss is the scummiest? What's your opinion on EBR? How about any other person like AA/Gova/RR/Moth?

Top Bottom