• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Gheb: Are you going to read the game?

@Moth: Right here:
J said:
Swords/July, you need to give me and everyone a summarization/skeleton when you can as to why you want EBR lynched over someone else. The most I can remember is July's hilariously huge post and Swords last push at the end of D1. Swiss, you need to actually make your case have some substance in it if you wanna push them more. RR, why did you hop onto EBR and state your reasoning for why they are scummy.

^I want RR before any of you 3.
From his 822.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sword, I might read the game some time but don't expect me to be fully read up when the deadline hits. That's why I ask people to summarize stuff to see where they're coming from. I can't possibly form an opinion on enough players in such a short amount of time so I would be satisfied with an inactive lynch for now. All of the three "lynch targets" I've seen I can easily form an opinion about in due time - EBR in particular I will look into toDay and hopefully have a solid read on.

Unvote

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You mean you want to know why I think you want RR to post first?

RR I have as slight scum for his coasty nature.
Yes, that's exactly why. However, your reasoning for a bit of distrust among RR does not come from his coasty nature. It comes about what he says when he does posts seem odd. *I know what I say when I say odd if vague but I'll explain in due time.*

*sees Gheb is in the game*

Omg excitement. :3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gova, who are you leaning towards lynching out of EBR/Swiss?

Gheb, would you like a summarization of biggest events or ya just gonna try and read as much as you can before deadline to grasp a simple understanding as to what is going on?

Swiss, your case on EBR is different and a bit lack-luster considering 2 points are good (points 1 and 3) but 2 points are just fluffy filler. (points 2 and 4) Reason they are fluffy filler is because they revolve around meta/self-meta*which you even chastised someone earlier iirc about doing this game.* and then "And some random posts I pointed out" which I don't remember you doing yet. Could you point me in the direction of which posts you are talking about?

Moth, give me an answer to these equations. If Swiss does happen to flip town, who are you looking at? Does any read drastically change? If Swiss does flip scum, who are his scum-buddies?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tbh I think Ranmaru was scummy in that early exchange after reading it. Who was it that "decided" he was likely / probably town? Who changed the momentum onto the DH lynch? Unless he made some major contributions afterwards [which doesn't seem to be the case looking through Gova's answers + no objections to it from other people] I think we can totally lynch him.
In the beginning of the game he's been playing very much unlike himself and I only know his town play - I don't think I've *ever* seen him / heard about him as scum EVER.

J, I can only read the beginning of the game so if we have a nameclaim or other significant stuff going on it'd be nice to see a summary of it - an objective one obviously.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, your case on EBR is different and a bit lack-luster considering 2 points are good (points 1 and 3) but 2 points are just fluffy filler. (points 2 and 4) Reason they are fluffy filler is because they revolve around meta/self-meta*which you even chastised someone earlier iirc about doing this game.* and then "And some random posts I pointed out" which I don't remember you doing yet. Could you point me in the direction of which posts you are talking about?
I do not chastise for simple self meta. However when it is an established fact there are certain things I will and will not do - people believe me because I don't like about these things.

Two points may be 'fluffy filler' to you but it is not you I am trying to convince - it's Gheb (maybe Swords too). He knows myself and my play style better than you. J, you need to start analysing games in a case b case scenario - do not think what applies to one player will apply to another. Why should it? Do not intentionally dismiss what can be legitimate, scum.

The posts I quoted will be in my post count and I have brought several of them up twice - are you skimming?

Gheb - assume that the lynch must be myself, J or EBR. Which?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tbh I think Ranmaru was scummy in that early exchange after reading it. Who was it that "decided" he was likely / probably town? Who changed the momentum onto the DH lynch? Unless he made some major contributions afterwards [which doesn't seem to be the case looking through Gova's answers + no objections to it from other people] I think we can totally lynch him.
In the beginning of the game he's been playing very much unlike himself and I only know his town play - I don't think I've *ever* seen him / heard about him as scum EVER.

J, I can only read the beginning of the game so if we have a nameclaim or other significant stuff going on it'd be nice to see a summary of it - an objective one obviously.

In your first paragraph, the ones who started the Ran is town was myself, Swords, and July. The one who changed the wagon to DH was Sang.

Now your thing there isn't much really. We had an inactive lynch on DH, an obvtown NK, and people still scrambling to figure out where there mind is on the lynch candidates of EBR/Swiss. D1 an allaince of Myself/Circus/July/Swords/Sang formed with a truce till D3. It's mainly for experimental purposes plus a lot of reads can be gained by looking at people's individual responses to posts. The only other significant thing I can think of is stuff like the inactivity of some players, July's huge post, and the main candidates are Swiss/EBR and apparantly myself but not really since it's only half of EBR(Ryker), X1-12 and Swiss who flip flops his stance on a post by post basis. RR has dropped suspicion my way but doesn't explain it.

I do not chastise for simple self meta. However when it is an established fact there are certain things I will and will not do - people believe me because I don't like about these things.

Two points may be 'fluffy filler' to you but it is not you I am trying to convince - it's Gheb (maybe Swords too). He knows myself and my play style better than you. J, you need to start analysing games in a case b case scenario - do not think what applies to one player will apply to another. Why should it? Do not intentionally dismiss what can be legitimate, scum.

The posts I quoted will be in my post count and I have brought several of them up twice - are you skimming?
So w.r.t. the bolded, you are admitting you fluffed up your case on EBR to make it look more compelling so you could try and convince Gheb/Swords(lolwat?) on his lynch? Your playstyle = idc because it's not really that important. How am I applying what happens with one person to another? Some reasoning cannot be legitimate at all so alright then to that point.

Dodging a simple bring up and redirect it to me skimming? Really Swissy? The obvious answer is no, but whatever; I'll go find them myself some time.

J if you are town I'm offended we share the same gold dice postbit.
*claps for you* How many times do I have to say I don't care about your opinion this game? Keep comments like this out because they don't add anything at all. ~_~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords/July, as two of the biggest EBR pushers, could you give me an opinion on Swiss' EBR case?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I post:
Two points may be 'fluffy filler' to you but it is not you I am trying to convince
Your response:
So w.r.t. the bolded, you are admitting you fluffed up your case on EBR to make it look more compelling so you could try and convince Gheb/Swords(lolwat?) on his lynch?
Analysis:
Two points may be 'fluffy filler' to you but it is not you I am trying to convince

It's almost as if Gheb knows me better than you, or something else equally as crazy. Oh wait. I mean, no player would ever directly appeal to a player they know they need on their side to secure a lynch he needed, would they?

Dodging a simple bring up and redirect it to me skimming? Really Swissy? The obvious answer is no, but whatever; I'll go find them myself some time.
Well, if you can't remember basic stuff - then yes. Unless you want to change the definition of skimming too? You seem to change everything else.

*claps for you* How many times do I have to say I don't care about your opinion this game? Keep comments like this out because they don't add anything at all. ~_~
How many times do I have to tell you you're bad and should be ashamed?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I really really hate doing this and it's gonna get me so much flak, but I cannot sit around when this is bugging the absolute hell out of me.

Unvote

I'm not confident in this anymore at all. I need to ponder some more but that's my train of thought right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, when you see this and after you answer my question pertaining the reason why I am doing what I am doing with RR, you can give that skeleton/summary to your EBR push. Thanks. I'm getting a little tired of waiting on some players if this game is moving to a standstill.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@mod: Replacing out. I don't have the time to catch up or to maintain consistent play. I apologize and should have done this sooner.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J if you are town I'm offended we share the same gold dice postbit.
This line actually clicked something in my head that I actually didn't think it would so thanks for that. Got me to go look at past experiences and look at a new avenue of thinking. So weird but I guess curtness can do some weird things.

You're still an egotistical cocky arrogant S.O.B. with the ego to rival Ryker's, but still lovable I guess. Thing is, I think that's what is making me double-back on a few things. To call you scum with this type of performance is pure blasphemy. You are better as scum, to be all honest. There are also some other things that I need to double check on but I think my major problem with you is realizing that you are just a WIFOM slot who does not explain anything and normal scum-tells don't apply to you where in fact town-tells become more or less your scum-tells. It's weird and backwards but I highly doubt I will ever begin to fathom reading you correctly. Need more Vandy-duder's help.

Anyways, I'm content with leaving Swiss alive for a bit but I seriously need to check more things before I affirm that's what I want.

Re-reading games when I'm stuck is so cool. But yeah thanks for that little comment which shoved me in the right way.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@mod: Requesting replacement in for replaced out slot.

I'm going to catch up. I'm going to catch up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So confuzzled at you Acro but grateful at the same time. Also it's not that big of a deal AA since others were M.I.A. (or still are) too.

SM, indulge in my greatest bane and this illogical fallacy of a question. Can you recall KvD which was your first game with Swiss and compare the attacks of Me vs. Him and Him vs. Ran there plus the content analysis of those posts. Also known as his scum-meta you have experienced. I am also banking on some other experiences but you only have that exp.

*side-note*

I still stand by the notion that I'm not voting EBR till I have to and if they are the only way to secure a lynch toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is today like the day of inactive players coming alive? Gova posted(though I didn't think he was dead since he is always caught up it seems), Raz got replaced, AA posted, Acro has decided to stick it out and try and play, and I see TC here now. Now all we need is Ran to come back.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's because people haven't realized I'm a lurker, not an inactive. :awesome:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That's because people haven't realized I'm a lurker, not an inactive. :awesome:
No no, I know that after working together with ya. Can you answer my one question though? Though, I am kindof not liking having those two be the candidates. Could I possibly get a vote in your next post though?

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Been V/LA due to hurricane. I see deadline is 2 days. Am rushing to catch up.

J, Gova, and anyone else around right now. Give me a cliff notes version on what's happening. Especially you Gova. I wanna know what you're paying attention to, you lurker. :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ToDay's cliff notes would be as follows:

Main people that have been pushed for a lynch: EBR and Swiss (Myself to a lesser extant but that's so up in the air.) Lynch seems to be boiling down between those two
Main pushers of EBR: Swords/July/Swiss
Main pushers of Swiss: Myself/Moth/Sang *though I'm having second thoughts of it*
EBR is looking like the most likely lynch of toDay.

Replacements, have for the most part, made themselves known. Gheb replaced in Raz, Vult replaced in for Soupa, X1-12 replaced in for Joey.

I can't think of that much more off the top of my head.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Many thanks, J.

ToDay's cliff notes would be as follows:

Main people that have been pushed for a lynch: EBR and Swiss (Myself to a lesser extant but that's so up in the air.) Lynch seems to be boiling down between those two
Main pushers of EBR: Swords/July/Swiss
Main pushers of Swiss: Myself/Moth/Sang *though I'm having second thoughts of it*
EBR is looking like the most likely lynch of toDay.

Replacements, have for the most part, made themselves known. Gheb replaced in Raz, Vult replaced in for Soupa, X1-12 replaced in for Joey.

I can't think of that much more off the top of my head.
@Bold: Who has pushed you and for what reasons? (Keep it brief please. I have enough walls to shift through).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBR(Only Ryker side, kuzi side hasn't chimed in on me being whatever so idk) and says he is good with me dying because I am manipulative scum apparantly.

RR has said I am scum but hasn't really shown or done anything to fix that.

Swiss has called me scum because of reasoning I don't even ****ing know but now he is saying he had me as obvtown all game.

X1-12 says I am scum for BS reasoning but apparantly would like a connection case to Sang to help get my lynch easier. Though he hasn't been around nor doing much after said conflict with me.

But I am those guy's "back-up" scum-pick. EBR's main one is Soupa. Swiss' is EBR. RR is idk and seems to be EBR cuz that's where his vote is. X1-12 said Sang was but moved to me.

#HBC | Dancer

Yes, that's exactly why. However, your reasoning for a bit of distrust among RR does not come from his coasty nature. It comes about what he says when he does posts seem odd. *I know what I say when I say odd if vague but I'll explain in due time.*

*sees Gheb is in the game*

Omg excitement. :3
Eh, you're telling me that I'm suspicious of RR for reasons that aren't actually my own? 0_0 Uh, ok.

Btw, saying that I had him at slight scum because of his coasty nature isn't the whole story. I am also wary of him for only focusing on the minimal when he does post as well as his weak reasoning for jumping on the Swiss wagon, and by extension, for the lack of reasoning for jumping onto the EBR wagon.

Anyways, the reason I think you wanted me to abstain from giving my opinion before he gave his is because you didn't want him to simply fall back out of the limelight from your question, letting the disscussion revovle around others and not him.

Also you possibly did not want him to just piggyback off of the opinion of others.

Expand on all of this please, but especially the bolded. How was Ran playing unlike himself?

Swiss said:

Gheb - assume that the lynch must be myself, J or EBR. Which?
Swiss as evidenced by the fact that I'm currently voting EBR, I don't think you really need to convince me much on him.

Gheb, thoughts on the bolded?

J said:
Swords/July, as two of the biggest EBR pushers, could you give me an opinion on Swiss' EBR case?
Point 3 is a really good point and is one of the reasons why I am suspicious of EBR in the first place.

Point 1 is okay, I honestly don't think too much of Ryker not wanting to be copped, but I do agree that it was wierd how Ryker dissmissed being copped because he "had all the thread power he wanted," which was a simple lie. EBR barely has any thread power right now, so this point against is partially incriminating, just not termendously so.

Point 2 was indeed fluffy and unreliable because it relies on self-meta, which I'm sure I don't need to go into as to why that is unreliable.

Point 4 I honestly need to check more into to see if that is legit or not.

J said:
Swords, when you see this and after you answer my question pertaining the reason why I am doing what I am doing with RR, you can give that skeleton/summary to your EBR push. Thanks. I'm getting a little tired of waiting on some players if this game is moving to a standstill.
Okay, sure.

Basically, the main reason I want EBR dead is because I do not like any of his pushes. His Ran push early game was very reaching. His Soup push is bs and is relaying not on actual in game evidence, but rather only meta and one post that he made that was fluffy. Again, it feels real reachy here because he is only singling out one post out of all of his posts. Finally, there's July, who they think is scum because July "made a bad push" against them (although I think July rebutted their accustions pretty well).

The Soup push stands out to me especially, because Soup reads to me town and I really feel like his push on Soup is a scum push.

Other things I don't like about him are:

-the cop thing
-the fact that all of his current scum reads only revole around him (Soup's and July's cases on him), which shows self-interest (really only just recently thought of this point tbh, satill applies though).
-somewhat coasty nature (a lot better than many other players, so this one is only minorly scummy).

Basic summary, as requested.

#HBC | Dancer

Btw deadline isn't two days from now, it's only one day. The deadline has been set for a minute past midnight tomorrow.

So yeah get to.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
@J: KK. Can you answer my question my last post (or quote where you answered. I have not found it)?

[COLLAPSE="#741"]
J said:
Why are people afraid that slot, lol? Like they aren't that scary if you actually know how they play and most of it is machismo bravado that comes from their in-game attitudes they have. So yaaa, I got dem balls to vote em with ya Swords duder. Thing is, time my dude. Can we do it? Caaaan we? We'd have to convince everyone to do as such.
J said:
Ack, such a scattered vote-count. Ran has the most votes? How weird. Need to dissemble that wagon but based on the current votes/time, not that much can be down. IMO, EBR>Ran/Circus in terms of lynch for toDay.

Circus, you said Ran is leaning more anti-town then scummy, would you switch to EBR?
Acro, can you do something that helps town instead of do nothing? Like vote EBR per chance!
Skipping Joey due to replacement.
RR, you had a town-read on EBR from his earlier posts irrc, would you vote them to not have a NL?
DH, you need to explain your justification to Ran scum and explain if you would switch to EBR?

Ran, EBR or yourself? Circus isn't going anywhere toDay.

Everyone else not voting/voting someone with one vote, I am re-instating the challenge Swords has made. Why or why not will you vote EBR?

Vote: Erupting Burning Ryker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should totally get this dead-weight out of here. Re-look at his attack on Ran with what he has done and seeeeee the seething bad logic in it. Especially to those who have played with Ran before and know both heads of that hydra (i'm talking to you meta-heads out there)

Let's gooooo we don't have much time to do this but get off the Ran wagon and chill with cool-bros like Myself/Swords/Soupa on the EBR wagon, if you can actually buck up and do it.

If you don't want EBR lynched. Tell me who we should all pile onto and why.
J said:
Did I ever call EBR scum? Yes, the push was real, but it wasn't a scum-pick push. It was a push on a slot that hadn't done much and what they had done, I didn't care for.

Plus they were inactive, like completely before recently.
Any reason you didn't state that they didn't do much and was inactive as reason to vote them? Because it looks like you just took Sword's bad logic reason and ran with it.
[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords said:
Eh, you're telling me that I'm suspicious of RR for reasons that aren't actually my own? 0_0 Uh, ok.
Bad wording on my part but that's not what I meant. I was talking about that not being my reasoning.

@TC: I did just that, I worked with what Swords had given me and pushed them to purely push them to get a read out of that slot. So I took the fact they were inactive and went with it. Got a townish read on the slot.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Btw deadline isn't two days from now, it's only one day. The deadline has been set for a minute past midnight tomorrow.

So yeah get to.
Grrr well this is quite right annoying to say the least. The only plausible lynch is EBR since he has 5 out of 9 votes needed and with the way this game is going there will most likely be a NL if another person is pushed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, didn't respond to the rest of your post in that one post because I thought I did....strange. Anywho, you are perfectly correct in your reasoning w.r.t. why I was waiting on RR to answer because I wanted independant thoughts and some focus on a slot that doesn't have much of anything going on around him as of late instead of people who have been focused around. Plus I did not want him to piggyback but since deadline ran out, cie' la vie (idk french lmao).

And omg, you have my carbon mind print again with Swiss' case on EBR ('cept me being suspicious), when talking about his points. Thank you very much for the summary as well Swords.

#HBC | Dancer

J since you don't seem to care for either a Swiss or EBR lynch, who would you have killed then, if you could kill anyone?

X1 where you at as of late? Update on the EBR read?

EBR why Swiss? I do not recall you saying anything about his scumminess until your last post. In matter of fact, IIRC your other half had him as slight town Day 1, so what gives?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J since you don't seem to care for either a Swiss or EBR lynch, who would you have killed then, if you could kill anyone?

X1 where you at as of late? Update on the EBR read?

EBR why Swiss? I do not recall you saying anything about his scumminess until your last post. In matter of fact, IIRC your other half had him as slight town Day 1, so what gives?
Ugggggggh please don't ask me that question because I'm in such a tizzy at the current time as to where I want to go I just don't even at the moment. If I had to go with gut based on events, I'd kill one of AA/X1-12/RR. However I really need to go double check since I am still trying to re-read while examining other things but I guess throw my thing on them.

Can I get your opinion on Sang?

Also Ryker EBR had been talking about scumSwiss as much as they had been talking about scumJ as of toDay really. He just keeps saying it for the most part. =P

"cie' la vie" = "such is life" I believe. Your use of it is correct.
Thanks I was talking about spelling but that's so good to know I got it right. ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, I'm going to be forward. I trust you the most so I am going to go with you even though I really don't want this lynch. It seems the only plausible answer to not having a NL and I may not be back before deadline so you and July can have my vote to prevent a NL. Plus let's bring up to the fact I have no clue where to place my vote purely based on how my stomach is now churning about possibly lynching Swiss toDay based on things and I have no really strong suspect at the current time and can't crank a case out and convince 8 other people since it seems half the cast is really gung-ho about this EBR lynch.

Sometimes ya just gotta play with the cards you're given with the team you have.

Vote: Erupting Burning Ryker!!!

I really must catch some sleep. I will try and get some reads up and about if I can arrange my thoughts correctly.

Top Bottom