• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

X1-12

Smash Champion
right skimmed parts of the thread. Will switch to EBR if needed at deadline. Wrt what Sword asked me: No I don't think what J said was just semantics. The words "as far as I recall" literally translate to meaning "I don't remember doing so" and the only two things I think anyone can infer from this are that either J admitting that he could lie in this game and forget, or that he knows that he has and doesn't want to be caught in a second lie later if he is ever shown to be lying. Do you think as town you could lie in a game and forget about it? Or would you be confident enough if I asked you to say for sure that you haven't lied?

@Sword again: Yup, you ask if J has lied before and here's a good example. In direct response to my post which includes these words:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13239604#post13239604 said:
@J: I find you and Sang pretty much equally scummy.
J tries to discredit me with writing stuff like this
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13240058&postcount=681 said:
You tihnk I'm the scummier of your two scum picks but you are not gonna lynch me simply because you don't have the right arsenal to nail me.
@Sword take 3: I'm not that fussed about an EBR lynch atm but I'll take it. I would agree their play hasn't been startlingly town but I'm not convinced enough to put them as a scumspect really. In response to your question about where I am, I'm here just not really caring about this game tbh

X1-12

Smash Champion
EBWOP: if it wasn't clear the first quote is me and the second is J. Aside from trying to discredit my there, what J writes is completely based off a lie

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
right skimmed parts of the thread. Will switch to EBR if needed at deadline. Wrt what Sword asked me: No I don't think what J said was just semantics. The words "as far as I recall" literally translate to meaning "I don't remember doing so" and the only two things I think anyone can infer from this are that either J admitting that he could lie in this game and forget, or that he knows that he has and doesn't want to be caught in a second lie later if he is ever shown to be lying. Do you think as town you could lie in a game and forget about it? Or would you be confident enough if I asked you to say for sure that you haven't lied?
No, it's just you now drop this really bad point. I said what I said because that's what I wanted to say and I already told you what I meant by what I said. Your rhetorical questions at the end are WIFOM. Haven't you said in the past you don't go near WIFOM because it's a bad point?

J said:
Speaking of, X1, why did you unvote/vote me when you even said yourself you needed a connection case to lynch me with Sang? It it seems hoppy to the fact that some people were expressing dislike in me.
J stop with the lying again. I said it would be easier to lynch you with once Sang flipped scum as a connection case could be built, not that one was needed. My confidence in my SangScum read has lowered to the point I'm not comfortable leaving my vote there so I moved it
My bad on the you saying "easier" but pretty much that is saying in a lighter tone you need that to have my lynch. It wasn't lying.
[/collapse]

I even apologize for what I said yet you still say I am trying to discredit you and that I'm lying? What are you talking about?

Now off to school, but I mean wow at these points before I leave.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swiss, by tone of post, you seem to like X1. May I ask why you do? Same with Swords/July because like "...how?" with these points.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
So confuzzled at you Acro but grateful at the same time. Also it's not that big of a deal AA since others were M.I.A. (or still are) too.

SM, indulge in my greatest bane and this illogical fallacy of a question. Can you recall KvD which was your first game with Swiss and compare the attacks of Me vs. Him and Him vs. Ran there plus the content analysis of those posts. Also known as his scum-meta you have experienced. I am also banking on some other experiences but you only have that exp.

*side-note*

I still stand by the notion that I'm not voting EBR till I have to and if they are the only way to secure a lynch toDay.
Oh sorry I missed this question since MY NAME ISN'T SM.

Nope not going to. Meta is dumb.

ToDay's cliff notes would be as follows:

Main people that have been pushed for a lynch: EBR and Swiss (Myself to a lesser extant but that's so up in the air.) Lynch seems to be boiling down between those two
Main pushers of EBR: Swords/July/Swiss
Main pushers of Swiss: Myself/Moth/Sang *though I'm having second thoughts of it*
EBR is looking like the most likely lynch of toDay.

Replacements, have for the most part, made themselves known. Gheb replaced in Raz, Vult replaced in for Soupa, X1-12 replaced in for Joey.

I can't think of that much more off the top of my head.
What happened to not letting EBR get lynched? I thought you were going to defend him to the death.

Grrr well this is quite right annoying to say the least. The only plausible lynch is EBR since he has 5 out of 9 votes needed and with the way this game is going there will most likely be a NL if another person is pushed.
I'd rather NL today than lynch EBR. I'm not moving my vote from swiss, so y'all might as well just vote him now.

Swords, I'm going to be forward. I trust you the most so I am going to go with you even though I really don't want this lynch. It seems the only plausible answer to not having a NL and I may not be back before deadline so you and July can have my vote to prevent a NL. Plus let's bring up to the fact I have no clue where to place my vote purely based on how my stomach is now churning about possibly lynching Swiss toDay based on things and I have no really strong suspect at the current time and can't crank a case out and convince 8 other people since it seems half the cast is really gung-ho about this EBR lynch.

Sometimes ya just gotta play with the cards you're given with the team you have.

Vote: Erupting Burning Ryker!!!

I really must catch some sleep. I will try and get some reads up and about if I can arrange my thoughts correctly.
Yeah, the SCUM team you have. Calling it right now. Scum team is Swiss, J, X1

X1-12

Smash Champion
None of the questions to Swords are WIFOM, nor are they rhetorics....

I write: "You are equally scummy"

You write: "You think I'm scummier??? and then write a whole paragraph calling what I have written crap (implied scummy) based off the original statement [bolded above] which is completely false.

Trying to attack me with a lie, then apologising about it means nothing. Its not a case of me being offended and you saying your sorry. You lied to try and incriminate me, that is scummy. Don't apologise, just die.

Also seriously will you stop with the underhand attacks/responses. You called my first post a fail before even repsonding to it, you tell TCat my points against you are BS when TCat just asks for reasons, not your tainted opinion on them. If your defence against my points is sufficieintly legit, why do you need to write "oh my gosh these points are so bleck, this is completely outrageous and sooooo scummy from X1"

I've said I won't respond to walls and say you should condense any points you think you have, despite this you randomly bring up "hefty contradictions" that I have made and ignored without even showing me/anyone where this is??? Does it even exist? If you actually want me to respond to stuff why haven't you condensed the important bits where I asked you and instead only bring them up when I'm attacking you??

X1-12

Smash Champion
Shadow Moth: If you actually want Swiss lynched then it might make sense for you to actually do something towards convincing people rather than just repeating the empty statement that he is scum. Try looking for scummy intent in his posts rather than the weak **** you brought up around post #100 and have clung to since then

Swiss

Smash Lord
The words "as far as I recall" literally translate to meaning "I don't remember doing so" and the only two things I think anyone can infer from this are that either J admitting that he could lie in this game and forget, or that he knows that he has and doesn't want to be caught in a second lie later if he is ever shown to be lying.
This is correct

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
In your first paragraph, the ones who started the Ran is town was myself, Swords, and July. The one who changed the wagon to DH was Sang.
Changing the wagon to DH would be a textbook cop-out for scum but since he was supposedly inactive and Sang probably doesn't know DH that well I'll consider it null then. Was the DH lynch last minute? Or did it happen well before the deadline? If so can you tell me where it starts [post #] so I can check who's been sheeping the hardest?

You, July and Sword all thought the way Ran acted was townie? I'm curious to hear the reasoning for that. Are there any posts where you actually point that out and tackle some of the points Circus brought forth?

Swiss, by tone of post, you seem to like X1. May I ask why you do? Same with Swords/July because like "...how?" with these points.
Swiss, I know you're on atm. Please don't answer this question.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No time. At all. I apologise profusely to Nabe, I should have seen this coming. Anyone who wants an apology for my inactivity can have it as well.

I will have time to play by next Monday, but until then I'm in full study mode.

vote: EBR
Swiss, why do you say we won't lynch this guy?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also seriously will you stop with the underhand attacks/responses. You called my first post a fail before even repsonding to it, you tell TCat my points against you are BS when TCat just asks for reasons, not your tainted opinion on them. If your defence against my points is sufficieintly legit, why do you need to write "oh my gosh these points are so bleck, this is completely outrageous and sooooo scummy from X1"
This.

Thisthisthisthsithis.

J you are playing sly and underhand, in every post you attempt to manipulate and taint others' opinions.

You are not this bad at mafia, so there must be a reason why you are doing this.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Changing the wagon to DH would be a textbook cop-out for scum but since he was supposedly inactive and Sang probably doesn't know DH that well I'll consider it null then. Was the DH lynch last minute? Or did it happen well before the deadline? If so can you tell me where it starts [post #] so I can check who's been sheeping the hardest?

You, July and Sword all thought the way Ran acted was townie? I'm curious to hear the reasoning for that. Are there any posts where you actually point that out and tackle some of the points Circus brought forth?
You've spent a long time asking for people to save you time. Why have you not found this out for yourself yet?

Swiss, I know you're on atm. Please don't answer this question.

I think I see why, and that is not true.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Expand on all of this please, but especially the bolded. How was Ran playing unlike himself?
Ran was playing unlike himself because a lot of the stuff he posted looked like he was fishing for pro-town credit while as town his questions are just inane and annoying. Especially his RQS questionary and his "yeah I got us out of RVS" attitude shows that he has his own success in mind moreso than other stuff.

Swiss' said he's town because he's not been coasting when people were inactive but I call BS on that tbh.

Basically, the main reason I want EBR dead is because I do not like any of his pushes. His Ran push early game was very reaching. His Soup push is bs and is relaying not on actual in game evidence, but rather only meta and one post that he made that was fluffy. Again, it feels real reachy here because he is only singling out one post out of all of his posts. Finally, there's July, who they think is scum because July "made a bad push" against them (although I think July rebutted their accustions pretty well).

The Soup push stands out to me especially, because Soup reads to me town and I really feel like his push on Soup is a scum push.

Other things I don't like about him are:

-the cop thing
-the fact that all of his current scum reads only revole around him (Soup's and July's cases on him), which shows self-interest (really only just recently thought of this point tbh, satill applies though).
-somewhat coasty nature (a lot better than many other players, so this one is only minorly scummy).

Basic summary, as requested.
I like that reasoning 1203981230981209 times more than Swiss'. Sworddancer is now officially better at this game than Swiss :troll:

Seriously though, a lot of that [if true] looks really untypical for Ryker and Kuz so I see where you're coming from. I just don't know whether it's actually true at all because I had no chance to read up on them and won't get a comprehensive read on them toDay. That means that I can't tell you more about how I feel about that lynch.
Also the deadline thing was my mistake because I didn't know what the 0001 was supposed to mean and I thought that it's until the last minute of 9/2 but since that's not actually the case I have even less time to read up toDay and will do so during the night phase then.

Swiss and J seem reliable atm and I don't know if I can trust the judgment of their voters just yet. I'm not gonna vote for either of them toDay. Ran and AA can die and I guess I'll help voting for EBR if the lynch is needed - we need like 9 / 16 votes anyway, right?

Vote EBR

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You've spent a long time asking for people to save you time. Why have you not found this out for yourself yet?
No, I didn't actually spend a long time at all asking stuff. Without looking at the time where I've started posting I'd say I've spent no more than 20 minutes asking things.

And I don't even know which part of my questioning your post refers to...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
X1, I've been lying as town a lot in my mafia "career" for various reasons and I'm pretty sure I forgot about that a lot over the course of a game and had to be reminded of it. Being caught a liar is problematic because lying isn't inherently scummy yet most of the town will turn it against you anyway so I can see why one would try to downplay it or sweep it under the rug. That alone doesn't really make anybody scummy. I'd have to see more to be convinced but that most likely won't happen toDay.

Inactive lynch is still an option so whoever has done little / isn't doing anything now can die.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Swords, I'm going to be forward. I trust you the most so I am going to go with you even though I really don't want this lynch. It seems the only plausible answer to not having a NL and I may not be back before deadline so you and July can have my vote to prevent a NL. Plus let's bring up to the fact I have no clue where to place my vote purely based on how my stomach is now churning about possibly lynching Swiss toDay based on things and I have no really strong suspect at the current time and can't crank a case out and convince 8 other people since it seems half the cast is really gung-ho about this EBR lynch.

Sometimes ya just gotta play with the cards you're given with the team you have.

Vote: Erupting Burning Ryker!!!

I really must catch some sleep. I will try and get some reads up and about if I can arrange my thoughts correctly.
So why are you choosing now to go along with the EBR lynch?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not overly defensive for one and two, lol meta.

Easy targets? Didn't know Swiss was that free nowadays. :rolleyes: Place distrust on stronger players over weaker ones? By backing Swords/July/EBR/Sang = placing distrust on the stronger players? Confusion.

RR, can you please answer my question pertaining your EBR read, it's an important question to me and it is withholding others from answering said question too.
RR, can you explain how I am being overly-defensive this game? The post you quoted doesn't even express that much defensiveness. If you wanted a post that could be construed as over-defensiveness, try my post where I destroy X1's post and the post where I was kind of done with Swiss' post (though that one's not defensive just overall fed-up).

That's such a weird accusation considering quite a few people are having a problem with me because I am so carefree about things this game.

Could I get your opinion on AA/Moth/Gova/Sang? An opinion on EBR vs. Swiss would be nice too.
These right here kinda does it for me. You put a lot of focus on me thinking you are scum as well as others who have called you out, in some-cases dropping scum hunting almost completely. You also misrepresent what others have talked about earlier in the game, spoecifically what X pointed out covers it very well.

Swiss was easy at the time because he wasn't very active, which has changed since then. Backing EBR doesn't make sense to me. EBR has tried to direct the cop to him only to push it away moments later, then makes a case on Soup that quite frankly is a whole lotta meta and nothing else with meat to it.

That alone is making me double take him and I cannot see why we should put him at town.

AA is null, haven't seen enough.

Moth is a metaTown, ignoring meta null.

Gova is null leaning town.

Sang is null leaning scum.

EBR vs Swiss reads as TvS where EBR is the scum and Swiss is the town. Swiss is one of my strongest town reads for me atm, EBR is one of my strongest scum reads. Pretty simple here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

@Sword again: Yup, you ask if J has lied before and here's a good example. In direct response to my post which includes these words:J tries to discredit me with writing stuff like this

@Sword take 3: I'm not that fussed about an EBR lynch atm but I'll take it. I would agree their play hasn't been startlingly town but I'm not convinced enough to put them as a scumspect really. In response to your question about where I am, I'm here just not really caring about this game tbh
Pretty much this right here is making my scum read on J stronger.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 2-6

9/16 to lynch.

EBR! [6]: Swiss, Red Ryu, July, Sworddancer, asianaussie, J
Swiss [2]: Shadow Moth
Acrostic [1]: Gheb
asianaussie [1]: Vult Redux
Vult Redux [1]: EBR!
J [1]: X1-12

Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, Ranmaru, SangfroidWarrior, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > J > EBR!
X1-12 > SangfroidWarrior > J
Gova
Acrostic
Gheb > Ranmaru > Unvote > EBR! > Acrostic
Red Ryu > Swiss > Unvote > EBR!
July > EBR!
EBR! > Vult Redux
Vult Redux > asianaussie
Sworddancer > EBR!
Ranmaru
J > Swiss > asianaussie > asianaussie > Swiss > Unvote > EBR!
asianaussie > EBR!
Shadow Moth > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior
traveling cat
[/collapse]

As always, remember to get in your theme guesses for Day 2 before Night phase!

Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Oh HELL no.

Day just ended in RO mafia where I think Mafia bandwagoned a player near the end to make him the appealing target next to No Lynch. Not happening to me. We have over 24 hours to reach another lynch and more than enough votes to move. Swiss is bull****ting to get his lynch through.

Unvote Vote Acrostic

Vote with me, not against me.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
9/16 to lynch.

EBR! [6]: Swiss, Red Ryu, July, Sworddancer, asianaussie, J
Swiss [2]: Shadow Moth
Acrostic [1]: Gheb
asianaussie [1]: Vult Redux
Vult Redux [1]: EBR!
J [1]: X1-12

Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, Ranmaru, SangfroidWarrior, traveling cat
Votecount Analysis:

Swiss isn't gonna move. RR, July, and Sworddancer will move for a deadline lynch. Asianaussie and J are WEAK bandwagons who will switch if they log in between now and then. X1 is on it for deadline and, I believe will switch if necessary.

Moth, if you love me, vote Acrostic.

Gova, same thing.

X1, I know you'll be on tomorrow, leave your vote there so I can swing momentum if possible.

Not voting players, vote Acrostic and don't vote me past L-1. I do NOT want to be quickhammered.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Swiss isn't going to give me anything. He hasn't posted any sort of reasoning for his vote nor is he going to.

J/AA aren't on my wagon for reasons either.

RR, July, and Sworddancer, cases on the table, now.

Top Bottom