• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 2-2

9/16 to lynch.

Swiss [2]: Red Ryu, Shadow Moth
asianaussie [2]: J, Vult Redux
Vult Redux [1]: EBR!
J [1]: Swiss
SangfroidWarrior [1]: X1-12

Not voting: Gova, Acrostic, Raziek, July, Sworddancer, Ranmaru, asianaussie, SangfroidWarrior, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > J
X1-12 > SangfroidWarrior
Gova
Acrostic
Raziek
Red Ryu > Swiss
July
EBR! > Vult Redux
Vult Redux > asianaussie
Sworddancer
Ranmaru
J > Swiss > asianaussie > asianaussie
asianaussie
Shadow Moth > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior
traveling cat
[/collapse]

Swiss

Smash Lord
Still want to know why you want J dead.
So do I. For teh lulz s'pose.

That and he reeks of scum, that and being bad. But mostly scum.

Anyways.

Can't find the quote but J called me scum for my catchup post.

Cool, so you're going to 'pin' me as scum based on my "scum meta" - ignoring the fact that I'm widely regarded as the best scum player on DGames and don't actually have a recognizable meta to anyone of your calibre, why is my 'catchup style' representative of scum meta, as opposed to, oh, I don't know - inactivity?

Please show why doing something I've done as scum before means it is part of my scum meta. Please explain why my poetry intro is not representative of town Swiss see: RE4.

Also, this will mean little to most of the new players, but I play to morals. I refuse to use some tactics - and intentional, thread wide lurking is one of them. "Self meta is scummy." Ryu, stop reading from textbooks and start applying real initiative to games. Only then will you break through the barrier of mindless play that constrains so many players.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Just answered this but this slot is hard as hell for me because I literally look at their slot in the register and I'm like, "I don't care about you whatsoever this game." The reason I had liked EBR at that point is because they were actually doing something independant which I like to see. I never said towny Swords, I can like a slot more but still have a null read on them.

W.R.T. my EBR read, that's a slot that I can see both ways, they can be scum but they could just be town but honestly the more I think about it the less I could give a **** heh. I can't find myself to get a stable "They are town." or "They are scum." read on them and I continuously scratch my head when reading their posts. Because of this, they can die and I wouldn't care less because it's better to rid of questionable people earlier on rather than keep them around to late game to which they could either take the win or be an ML. Hypothetically, If I was an investigative role, they would be my prime candidate purely being so I can help my read on them.

I hope that helps ya a bit more and helps me get my train of thought sorted there.
Hmm, I suppose I might usually be able to see this reasoning. However, I'm still confused about some things here, as they seem contradictory. You didn't/don't like his pushes on Ran/Soup, correct? So what about those? Those simply haven't went away. So naturally I would assume there would be some tension here between you and EBR for these reasons, but there aren't. So are you saying then that you can see EBR as a townie, despite making pushes you dislike along with reads you disagree with?

Also what do you think of his Swiss read?
J said:
I don't get that comparison at all because I don't think RR has come in when his name is mentioned and more or less just comes in and posts when he does. I don't get the connection even when you just brought it up. RR is null-leaning town at this current time the last I remember for me. I like how he has been questioning a helluva lot of things plus what he has been doing with his pushes.
I'm honestly hard pressed to remember where RR was being helpful. Maybe I'll ISO him some other time.

No matter his overall play though, his jumping onto the Swiss wagon really weirded me out. Seemed real shallow and opportunistic.
Swiss>EBR imo. You vote him, I'll drop AA for now and join ya. Deal? It'll make up for that ick feeling you have for RR I promise you. =D
Eh, maybe after I look into the wagon more, especially RR.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Eh, I think I had you at null yesturDay, but the more I think about, the more I realize that, like AA, you're also kind of reading under the radar, with your only occasional one liners.

I like the fact that you're pushing Swiss here, but I don't really like your reasoning for it. What's the point of just pointing out one post where he jokingly uses self-meta? That post is totally null, and should not be taken any other way.

Also, why single out Swiss for inactivity (I'm assuming you mean inactivity here and not lurking, unless you somehow have evidence that Swiss was actually lurking instead of simple inactivity) out of all of the inactives in this game? Seems like weak reasoning to be voting him.
Because I haven't seen him do much other than making a few comments on things said.

He's been rather sidelined to me which is why I am pushing Swiss. Here it seems your asking me why I am pushing Swiss, yet you make similar remarks to him before where you ask Swiss "why" is doing what he is doing.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Anyways.

Cool, so you're going to 'pin' me as scum based on my "scum meta" - ignoring the fact that I'm widely regarded as the best scum player on DGames and don't actually have a recognizable meta to anyone of your calibre, why is my 'catchup style' representative of scum meta, as opposed to, oh, I don't know - inactivity?

Please show why doing something I've done as scum before means it is part of my scum meta. Please explain why my poetry intro is not representative of town Swiss see: RE4.

Also, this will mean little to most of the new players, but I play to morals. I refuse to use some tactics - and intentional, thread wide lurking is one of them. "Self meta is scummy." Ryu, stop reading from textbooks and start applying real initiative to games. Only then will you break through the barrier of mindless play that constrains so many players.
Why would you still comment on that as being a defense for yourself for not being scum.

Though I do like this post. Though I want to know outside of J who you want us to be looking at? You noticed EBR made a comment yesterday that you asked if he was trying to direct his unknown scummates to him, does this still hold true?

#HBC | Dancer

Could of sworn there were more players on the Swiss wagon.

---
Swiss said:

Anyways.

So just to clarify, you think that J's scum for the reasoning that J is simply trying to paint you as scum rather than legit scum hunting?

I'm definitely going to have to see the evidence here for this.

Also read on RR please.

Swiss said:
Kuz assures you, or you're certain?

Let me put it to you this way - if you were scum, how would I pin you? Would you agree to being copped toNight, and if inno/no claim then we all go on our merry way.

This sounds cool to me.

So, lynch J, cop Ryker and Doc Swiss.

This is shaping up nicely.
In case you're being serious, the cop strategy won't work in this game, since we have no idea rather or not there really is a cop, or rather or not they have guessed the true theme or not.

#HBC | Dancer

Because I haven't seen him do much other than making a few comments on things said.

He's been rather sidelined to me which is why I am pushing Swiss. Here it seems your asking me why I am pushing Swiss, yet you make similar remarks to him before where you ask Swiss "why" is doing what he is doing.
I don't disagree with you, but why point him out specifically, when others have done the same/been completely inactive.

Also your 664 never said sidelining, you just said he was lurking.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't disagree with you, but why point him out specifically, when others have done the same/been completely inactive.

Also your 664 never said sidelining, you just said he was lurking.
Inactive is not the same as lurking, I know this.

Inactives can be dealt with another time, if they aren't here they are null that is the end of that. While Swiss has been here he has merely poked his head out which made it more apparent to me. The Self meta was really what made me place the vote on him.

Sidelining and lurking are not being used right perhaps to you. But in this case it is the same for me, if that makes sense.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swiss, by even degrading the argument to simply that my reasoning against you is purely meta shows you don't even know what you are talking about and trying to attach onto what you can recollect of this game to shove more info out the ***. The only time I even refer to meta w.r.t. you is to diffuse a thing EBR said.

RR, how is anything what he said good to you when it's not even true whatsoever and you should know this being on his wagon what the major reasons against him are.

Swords, what is different from why I am viewing EBR as null for pushing someone I like/dislike their initial case and your X1-12 read with his push on me? Also yes, I can see someone being town even though they are making pushes against people I like. Can you point me to his Swiss read?

This is this page but gonna try and do a quick post with the others addressed to me on the last one. Don't wanna play today but gonna pull through for a sec.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nothing pressing to respond to on the last page so I'll just leave it at that. Vult, I've answered that. EBR, I'd rather you not fake everything you are saying and wait till Kuzi can tell you to be all honest. It doesn't help much of anything. If I haven't said this before, Gova is leaning town though I'm kind of irked by this continuous push on the flavour speculation which should be the least of our worries.

Kay bai till whenever.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Swords, yeah i do. But i can't because I don't know the theme. Obviously.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I should just correct this qualm now since I am here.

@Swords, yeah i do. But i can't because I don't know the theme. Obviously.
Gova, can you give me opinions on Sang/EBR/Swiss/Vult/AA? Like idc, just something that gives me your opinion on their alignments. Thanks. Also the theme doesn't really matter much to me and you can still play this game without it.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Null. EBR/Soup most likely aren't the same alignment, would lean more towards EBR being scum if inactive. Swiss, is null leaning town I guess. I thought he was scum in TT because of the way he was playing but he's playing the same way here which is a null tell, the leaning town part comes from his town read on X1. Don't know how much his scum play has changed but I remember he likes to keep X1 open as a mislynch and I don't think he'd call him town if he was scum. Null

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
From what you have read, can you tell me who your vote is leaning towards? Thanks for the reads but I do agree to the fact that EBR is not looking SvS nor very TvT but idk-dgaf about them. Also the inactivity card can't be pulled on them when they have been slightly inactive because they are both V/LA and sort of have been iirc. Though they aren't that prominent nor have any posts screamed "Omg they so town!!!~". Yet they are aloooot better than quite a few players so I guess middle-top ground is where they lie in that sense of activity.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Sang's #437. It's whiny and doesn't have a conclusion. I remember someone else having posts like this when I was reading yesterday - will follow up on that later. I consider posts like these scummy.
Wait... what? How is that whiney? Like, at all. In a seperate game J and I were doing the same thing, commenting on something that the other was thinking. Also, that was in reference to if Ran got the guess wrong and still told us. That could, potentially, help us or hurt us, depending on the situation. WIFOM that I don't want to argue.

@Sang & EBR: Need more from X1 before I can get a solid read, but right now he's definitely leaning town for me. Like Ran, I feel X1 is one of the more transparent people to read. His strong in-your-face pushing is what I expect out of X1.
I'm just trying to stay open-minded and not call him scum right off the bat. I mean, I hate his points and he's arguing the completely wrong things, and there are a few things that he hasn't backed up at all, but, after reading back through it, it doens't seem completely scummy to me. Granted, it might also be that he just normally does that and I don't recognize his playstyle.

Could of sworn there were more players on the Swiss wagon.
There are plenty people on the Swiss wagon. We're just not voting yet, or at least I'm not.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
July said:
RVS was pretty stagnant, there really wasn't much going on until Ran asked his questions. I think that scum would not only want to keep things stagnant but I also don't think Ran would put himself so far into the limelight as scum just to start RQS and get discussion started. I don't know what he would hope to gain from that as scum, but I can see town motivation behind taking a different route than RVS to get the conversation started.
So it was because he started RQS. Kay.

July said:
@TC: Thoughts on Swords so far?
I agree with him that EBR's over elaborate scum plan is a very shallow reason to vote someone, but I find his vote on EBR for that over elaborate plan to be just as shallow.

Ranmaru said:
@Travelling Cat:

Yep, more times then I have called you out.
Care to back up all these times? I hate vague answers such as 'many' or 'more', because they are so easy to exaggerate with.

Ranmaru said:
For example when I posted that you have viewed and still didn't do anything, I saw you viewing for a while, but then I went to eat, came back, saw you didn't really post. So really you do have the time to view the thread. Maybe you click it and do other things? Because you only SEEM to be reading since I don't know when.
Am I correct to assume that post you made was #217, which was 3 hours before I posted #223?

Ranmaru said:
Course. I wanted you to post something. I like to use my RVS to get reactions, and I got none. Thus I just re-voted you at that time. I wasn't expecting to vote someone from something in the RQS.
One, I don't see how your RVS vote of 'New player! : D' could get a reaction.

Two, that is conflicting logic. I don't see how you would start something to try to start discussion and not expect to get a vote out of it. Wouldn't the discussion logically start with someone finding something conflicting in another person's answers???

J/Sang's banter: J wasn't concerned over Sang's points and Sang wasn't concerned to push harder. Not much else to read from this.

J said:
Why are people afraid that slot, lol? Like they aren't that scary if you actually know how they play and most of it is machismo bravado that comes from their in-game attitudes they have. So yaaa, I got dem balls to vote em with ya Swords duder. Thing is, time my dude. Can we do it? Caaaan we? We'd have to convince everyone to do as such.
J said:
Ack, such a scattered vote-count. Ran has the most votes? How weird. Need to dissemble that wagon but based on the current votes/time, not that much can be down. IMO, EBR>Ran/Circus in terms of lynch for toDay.

Circus, you said Ran is leaning more anti-town then scummy, would you switch to EBR?
Acro, can you do something that helps town instead of do nothing? Like vote EBR per chance!
Skipping Joey due to replacement.
RR, you had a town-read on EBR from his earlier posts irrc, would you vote them to not have a NL?
DH, you need to explain your justification to Ran scum and explain if you would switch to EBR?

Ran, EBR or yourself? Circus isn't going anywhere toDay.

Everyone else not voting/voting someone with one vote, I am re-instating the challenge Swords has made. Why or why not will you vote EBR?

Vote: Erupting Burning Ryker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should totally get this dead-weight out of here. Re-look at his attack on Ran with what he has done and seeeeee the seething bad logic in it. Especially to those who have played with Ran before and know both heads of that hydra (i'm talking to you meta-heads out there)

Let's gooooo we don't have much time to do this but get off the Ran wagon and chill with cool-bros like Myself/Swords/Soupa on the EBR wagon, if you can actually buck up and do it.

If you don't want EBR lynched. Tell me who we should all pile onto and why.
J said:
Did I ever call EBR scum? Yes, the push was real, but it wasn't a scum-pick push. It was a push on a slot that hadn't done much and what they had done, I didn't care for.

Plus they were inactive, like completely before recently.
Any reason you didn't state that they didn't do much and was inactive as reason to vote them? Because it looks like you just took Sword's bad logic reason and ran with it.

Hardly see how this alliance is going to be helpful. Much more likely to set the group apart from the rest of town if people buy into it. Nor do I see how helpful reading each person's agreement to it is at finding scum.

aa - Fence sitting like hell. He chides J for flirting, only gives stances when asked, slight outburst to Ran's costume claim (don't see why. Sure, it can help scum & everyone guess the theme, but it doesn't really give anything else like what type of PR), and jumps on Moth's suggestion to Ran to offer his incorrect theme guess.

----

I forgot how much I skimmed yesterDay. >_> Have not read D2. Will be caught up tomorrow.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1)So just to clarify, you think that J's scum for the reasoning that J is simply trying to paint you as scum rather than legit scum hunting?

I'm definitely going to have to see the evidence here for this.

2)Also read on RR please.

3)In case you're being serious, the cop strategy won't work in this game, since we have no idea rather or not there really is a cop, or rather or not they have guessed the true theme or not.
1) Nope, however that's one of them. I'm sure I brought up another point earlier. See, I read people not just in the conventional way, but how they think - what you say doesn't matter, townies say dumb ****, but your intentions and thought process in it tells me everything.

2) Town

3) Cheers for bringing that up bro. Definitely wanted you to bring that up as opposed to seeing how Ryker reacted.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Null. EBR/Soup most likely aren't the same alignment, would lean more towards EBR being scum if inactive. Swiss, is null leaning town I guess. I thought he was scum in TT because of the way he was playing but he's playing the same way here which is a null tell, the leaning town part comes from his town read on X1. Don't know how much his scum play has changed but I remember he likes to keep X1 open as a mislynch and I don't think he'd call him town if he was scum. Null
So, one of EBR/Soup are scum? Which? Don't see you pushing either of them much. Why? Why can they not be the same alignment?

Your reasoning for Swiss Town is terrible, but I'll take the town points.

Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Cheers for bringing that up bro. Definitely wanted you to bring that up as opposed to seeing how Ryker reacted.
Come on, give me more credit than that.

But for what it's worth to you now, I really don't care if the cop targets me.

As to your other questions, Kuz told me, but it really doesn't matter all that much to me. I'm sold on him being scum for the reasons I put forward before. That vote was ****ing terrible and town Soup doesn't make it.

The one about how you would pin me? Based on what I've done in this game so far, I don't think you have the ammunition to. I'd probably push really hard on me not answering July.

My turn, Swiss. Didn't you say you had a town read on Soup? Why's that? What would you do if Soup was your scummate after he voted me in the beginning?

What's your read on Gova?

Is AsianAussie in your lynchpool for today?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, by even degrading the argument to simply that my reasoning against you is purely meta shows you don't even know what you are talking about and trying to attach onto what you can recollect of this game to shove more info out the ***. The only time I even refer to meta w.r.t. you is to diffuse a thing EBR said.
See, this is why I want you dead. You don't normally tunnel and say so much dumb ****.

My argument wasn't purely meta. Though I am desperately trying to recollect wtf happened yesterday, as I have actually have no idea. Someone could spray painted a donkey white and taped a cone to it's unicorn impersonating head and I'd have no idea.

That didn't happen, did it?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Come on, give me more credit than that.

But for what it's worth to you now, I really don't care if the cop targets me.

As to your other questions, Kuz told me, but it really doesn't matter all that much to me. I'm sold on him being scum for the reasons I put forward before. That vote was ****ing terrible and town Soup doesn't make it.

The one about how you would pin me? Based on what I've done in this game so far, I don't think you have the ammunition to. I'd probably push really hard on me not answering July.

My turn, Swiss. Didn't you say you had a town read on Soup? Why's that? What would you do if Soup was your scummate after he voted me in the beginning?

What's your read on Gova?

Is AsianAussie in your lynchpool for today?
Now what you say, it's how you say it bro.

You don't care if the cop targets you? I'd care very much if the cop targeted me. Gives me more thread power. So you just told me you're either scum or a proveable power role, agreed? Cool.

Wrt your turn. I have no idea why.

Problem?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How am I possibly tunneling you Swiss? Plus you haven't even shown knowledge as to why people, not just me, find you scummy. You've also yet to back anything up w.r.t. your scum-reads.

I even requoted the main problem against you toDay for EBR who wanted rehashing of it.

:phone:

Swiss

Smash Lord
I should just correct this qualm now since I am here.

Gova, can you give me opinions on Sang/EBR/Swiss/Vult/AA? Like idc, just something that gives me your opinion on their alignments. Thanks. Also the theme doesn't really matter much to me and you can still play this game without it.
This post is disgusting to the point where I'm mildly offended and considered writing a letter of complain to Dgames.

The theme should matter very much to you, you might be the DayVigCopDoc. Having said that I got bored and guessed the answer that amused me the most last night. Or..is Swiss lying? This guy is crazy!

Swiss

Smash Lord
How am I possibly tunneling you Swiss? Plus you haven't even shown knowledge as to why people, not just me, find you scummy. You've also yet to back anything up w.r.t. your scum-reads.

I even requoted the main problem against you toDay for EBR who wanted rehashing of it.

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO READ THE ****ING THREAD.

Sweet Jesus Christ.

Though I will be ignoring all cases on me JFYI as I'm pretty sure I cleared myself as town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Another point, you call me out for tunneling when that's completely hypocritical of what you've done all game. The only notible thing from you is the fact that you are tunneling me without any decent explanation.

Let's also bring up the fact that X1 thinks I'm scum because I am not actually pushing my scum-reads when that's the very opposite of why you are pushing me.

So which is it? Am I tunneling or not pushing my reads? Let me know that so I can show where that logic is flawed, move on with life, realize I'm town by this point, and actually go after someone who is being scummy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd also lynch you because you're a whiny little *****.
About what? About you not doing anything and the like?

Read the entire thread before you post if you are getting mad that people are asking you questions, asking for you to explain your actions, and bring up things against you because you continue to post yet not respond to anything when it's been a while since it's been brought up.

Can ya do that for me Swissy? It'd make everyone's life a helluva lot easier.

Btw Why did you avoid/worm your way around answering EBR's questions, but instead try and turn it back onto him. They were good/relevant questions w.r.t. what you are saying but you just walk around that. Plus your AA read is just another random town read because that is not reasoning.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Another point, you call me out for tunneling when that's completely hypocritical of what you've done all game. The only notible thing from you is the fact that you are tunneling me without any decent explanation.

Let's also bring up the fact that X1 thinks I'm scum because I am not actually pushing my scum-reads when that's the very opposite of why you are pushing me.

So which is it? Am I tunneling or not pushing my reads? Let me know that so I can show where that logic is flawed, move on with life, realize I'm town by this point, and actually go after someone who is being scummy.

How does something being hypocritical make it not matter? Regardless of whether it is true or not.

Dude, X1 thinks you're scum for abruptly dropping scum reads with nothing legitimate to change the read between then and the drop.

Let me add that I think you're scummy because you're trying to manipulate, not scum hunt.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Btw Why did you avoid/worm your way around answering EBR's questions, but instead try and turn it back onto him. They were good/relevant questions w.r.t. what you are saying but you just walk around that. Plus your AA read is just another random town read because that is not reasoning.
I got what I wanted and, to a degree, expected.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Now what you say, it's how you say it bro.
Then the interference mattered little aside from it's a bad habit that needs beating out of someone.

You don't care if the cop targets you? I'd care very much if the cop targeted me. Gives me more thread power. So you just told me you're either scum or a proveable power role, agreed? Cool.
Not worried about it. Cop won't target me anyway. I've got all the thread power I need. Being cleared is a hassle. I don't need to be cleared to make things happen when I need to make things happen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
X1, you never answered me when I asked you this (nor any of the other questions I asked ya ~.~) but your opinion on Swiss since you two used to be extremely combative in the past and should know how each other plays the best.

Also another thing W.R.T. EBR being a possible lynch today (this is directed mainly at Swords/July), I just don't see that at all because *I hate to use Ryker's phrase as to why he is never lynched as scum but it's true this game* there are people much scummier than them and I really don't feel comfortable lynching them toDay over others.

EBR, I didn't say because it was hypocritical it defeated the point but it was that, hypocritical and contradictory if he is calling someone scummy for tunneling when he himself is doing that very same scummy action. W.r.t. X1, if that is really the case than how in the world does he get that besides with what I did to you early D1...? Manipulate and not scum-hunt? Nope, not at all because I have been scumhunting sorry broskii.

Top Bottom