• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter what your excuse is.

I've put "personal business" on 90 percent of my time away from work forms

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I meant update the OP with everything (with substance) in the last few pages. Update the expected list. It looks at around 40 atm.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You have a really cool boss then Billy, the problem is im just starting and i havent met my supervisor, but i already did the day off request thing
just say it's your mom's wedding or something.
it doesn't even matter if she's already married lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you need an excuse, say you have a familly reunion or something.
That worked for me and a few of my friends.

Purple

Hi guys!
Brawl regional, yes. We've had a few Melee regionals

Tipped Off 4
Tipped Off 5
The Greatest Melee Tournament Since Brawl Came Out
this.

@serin - that'll all be edited later, if you've looked, nothing substantial has changed, at this point, it's all about hyping it up, we know that 40+ is coming, we don't need to know the names lol. Only thing i'm expecting to change is rules about disqualifying and such.

Purple

Hi guys!
Double Posting for importance
OP is being edited with information about the tournament, however i'm about to start grinding hard to figure out how things are going to be set from now on.

FIrst off, couple of things to note..

Brawl has priority over melee, until i see an extremely large group of people "POST" on this thread, i will not be considering melee a big event, it might even be cancelled to let brawl have an extra day.

PLEASE post if you're joining for melee

Pools can possibly be done instead of brackets, however i would want diligence amongst players to get their matches out of the way, NO FRIENDLIES there will be a time designated for friendlies (during signups and beforehand, then after setups are available entirely).

You can get disqualfied for not playing a match, so do not leave the venue without telling the TO and even then you can't stay out for long unless it's emergencies.

Punishments for not being in the area goes like this.

2 minute wait - nothing happens, just a warning
5 minute wait - lose first match, your counterpick
10 minute wait - lose (first) set, loser bracket (if in loser's bracket you're disqualified)
30 minute wait - double elimination (it should never get this bad in the first place)

Please bring setups! This is extremely necessary to get the tournament running smoothly. When you win a match please report to the T.O asap with your win/lose.

i feel like i did something wrong here. However this is the pot currently (this is assuming if 45 people enter the singles tourney, 10 dollars each, 50 dollars to OoS/In-State

Estimate Pot (quotations are OoS winnings)
1st - $320 (370)
2nd - $162.5 (212.5)
3rd - $95 (145)
4th - $72.5 (122.5)

PB&J

Smash Hero
not having melee is dumb..wait til gigabits finishes this weekend and im positve all of fl will go and ga which will make like 40 plus easy son

im sure brawl want be much bigger than melee prob the same turn out or a little more

after this weekend people will post ..gigabits has the spotlight this week ..next week this

Purple

Hi guys!
not having melee is dumb..wait til gigabits finishes this weekend and im positve all of fl will go and ga which will make like 40 plus easy son

im sure brawl want be much bigger than melee prob the same turn out or a little more

after this weekend people will post ..gigabits has the spotlight this week ..next week this
i want to have melee trust me, i'd just rather those people who are interested post. I'll take your word for it PBnJ

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I want to go to this. Can I get a ride please CFL.

call me or PM me. of coursse I'll do gas.

bigman40

Smash Master
Jamaal, just have melee planned for sunday, then if the turnout is low, continue with it and use that day for other stuff (low tiers/brawl+/crews/ etc.)

Purple

Hi guys!
If there's no melee at this I won't bother coming.
Make up your mind before the tourney date, Jamaal.
I'm not dumb enough to do that :laugh:.

Since this is the last month and i don't have time to go back and forth. Melee will be here and properly advertised along with brawl. Whether it's big in attendance is on you all as melee players.

apparently however it hasn't been talked about often. SleepyK Didn't even know this was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom