• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of gaming 8...Oct. 15th Road to Revival..Wallingford, CT

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Results time!

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for showing up and especially for the amateurs who were still hungry for a tourney and not too tired, much credit to you guys for still running strong during pro bracket. Also Thanks Felipe for letting us use your venue. I think the out of state people who saw this one for the first time definitely thought it was an upgrade

Thanks again everyone for showing up relatively on time. I missed a few things organization-wise but I hope that me running around and screaming made up for a good majority of that. I know that I missed things like numbering televisions and stuff but I will work it for next time. And I also apologize for having it run late.

Anyways here are the results for a solid tourney with a pretty good turnout!

Vids:
HAB/Diesel have the recorded matches. I think a large chunk of the tourney was recorded(at least 45min of it) was recorded all together so I know that there is some video spiting that may be done(or you can just upload the whole file lololol). but there was only one recording setup and all of the "high profile" stuff was up there so hopefully we will see some good footage (like myself getting 4 stocked and thorn getting 4 stocked haha).

Seeding:
I know that seeding is always a pain and that there are gonna be some blunders. So if you feel you got seeded badly then let me know and I will work on it. Overall I think it was pretty fair. My apologizes to diesel having to face morgue in losers. Its pretty hard to predict it since both of you are up and coming and the outcomes or your matches are hard to predict. I mean I looked at the winners bracket for you guys and its honestly tough. Who is to say that slox would not have beaten diesel and who is to say that Nuro should've beaten morgue. If it were Jman instead od slox is more predictable and vice versa its easier to catch. But bracket as a whole was very solid and thats the best I could've done without messing up a region thingy or a seeding thingy....my apologies

Any feedback is welcome even if its obvious or you think that you mentioned it to me already. This was my first legit tourney that I have run with TIO and large cash prizes so I am still learning. Thanks to Nick, Kevin, Matt, James and Icantwin for the assistance given. I tried not to bother you guys too much and run the show myself. Which I don't think was too bad for the first time.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMING OUT

Without further a due:

Amateur Singles:
1: foxlisk ($24.00):fox:
2: sora ($12.00):younglinkmelee::marth:
3: Shadow ball ($4.00):marth::sheik::falcon:
4: tommy tan
5: icylight
5: Pyn
7: georgehhh
7: Rold Gold

Teams:
1: Thorn/Darc (Thorn/Darc) ($66.00)
2: G$/ Jman (G$ + Jman) ($36.00)
3: CMS (DJN + HAX) ($18.00)
4: Banks + KevM (Banks + KevinM)
5: AssDotMan (AwsmSean + MattDotZeb)
5: Ebony + Ivory (Mafia$ + Swift)
7: T. Webb/Morgue (T. Webb + Morgue)
7: Bedtime Magic (JDOG + Blanky)
9: Milk was a bad choice (Aber/Bolt)
9: Beam Swords Only (fl0w / Spife)
9: Sora / Qtip (sora + qtip)
9: Sex And Food (HaileyM/CK)

Singles (42 entrants...Post Pools Bracket):
1/2: Hax ($201.60):falcon:
1/2: Jman (92.40):fox:
3: thr0n (58.80):falco::fox:
4: swift ($33.60):marth::fox:
5: Darc ($16.80):jigglypuff:
5: gmoney ($16.80):falco::marth:
7: Banks:sheik:
7: Mafia$:peach:
9: andy:jigglypuff:
9: nuro:sheik:
9: KevM:fox:
9: mattdozeb:falco:
13: morgue:falcon:
13: Spife:sheik::link:
13: yedi:falco:
13: blanky:mario2:
17: Diesel:ganondorf:
17: Aber:marth:
17: Slox:falcon:
17: bolt:falco:
17: lemon:drmario:
17: twebb:fox:
17: AwesomeSean:luigi2::falcon:
25: jdog:fox:?

BTW I didn't give out change. The totals were truncated, but for percentage purposes I left in the original calculations.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Banks with that 7th place. probs just an off day, you'll get em next time!

Aber

Smash Journeyman
This was quite fun.....I look forward to the next one

SummerSpeedyMix

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to most of the New England crew for gathering at Sonic after the tournament.

Also, are you gonna be putting up pools results, Swift? Just curious.

Banks

Smash Hero
Banks with that 7th place. probs just an off day, you'll get em next time!
haha thanks. I lost to Darc and Hax though, so it'd need to be a really on day

this was a tight tournament, I'll do shouties later

MAINE TRAIN

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Apologies to heads for not going to Sonic after the tourney but I had already gone and had to go home.

Shoutsies later but I gotta say that I had NOTHING to do with the recording, Swift. That was all big daddy Diesel, the beastest Ganon/recorder on the EC.

S l o X

Smash Champion
my controller breaks the day of the tournament, mad convenient. i really like swift's controller though and i'm just gonna play falcon now.

i apologize to all the ears, diesel: if i commentated on a set, just put music over it, lol.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i had a lot of fun @ this, despite having to fight oncoming exhaustion from like 7 o'clock on, iirc i only played decent in bursts of energy most of the day *shrugs*

swift did you want to know what characters i played in the amatuer bracket? (marth, sheik, falcon if it's important)

shoutouts later

:phone:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yeah I have a better idea for pools next time. It will be something along the lines of "multiple small pools as opposed to a few larger ones." We willl see how that goes. Also the next one I hold I will off and not at work until 12:30pm. I am already thinking of ways to run things more efficiently. It will only get more efficient as we go.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
yeah, i could see small pools taking a shorter amount of time in theory, the pool i was in took a while, even with MDZ hurrying things along

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yeah the attention span of players is pretty low. I can see it going much better actually. Like people 4 pool. lay 3 sets and then go and roam with friendlies etc etc. we actually had a decent amount of setups.

Hax

Smash Champion
the CT crowd is so hype. reminds me of old-school NY tournaments... :'(

bolt.

Smash Ace
Where were you crush?

This tournament was sick. I had so many crazy sets. Plus the_cam_factor made the rough 15 minute trip, so that's always a huge plus. Cam=my smash hero, and now he is my favorite marth/rapper.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I kinda want to team with you again. If pyn isn't at the same tournament I'm at and you're there I would really like to team.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yeah I have a better idea for pools next time. It will be something along the lines of "multiple small pools as opposed to a few larger ones." We willl see how that goes. Also the next one I hold I will off and not at work until 12:30pm. I am already thinking of ways to run things more efficiently. It will only get more efficient as we go.
Each tournament you host you'll be struck with ways to make them more efficient. That's the best part about hosting them imo

Don't forget SWAGG is comin up! Link in my sig

SWAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Shoutsieeeeees:

Swift - Thanks again for running an excellent tournament. Everything got done relatively quickly and you definitely web2zoned some people MAD HARD which is always good for a TO to do. Thanks also for the encouragement for getting on the recording setup when I wasn't even at my best hypewise/playwise.

Nick - Looking less like Alukard, but still looking pretty cute as always. Keep up DAT MEWTWO.

MDZ - Good to see you as always, homie. Falco's looking mad good and I'm tight you forgot that MAFIA HAS A PEACH!

J-Man - Nice Hat.

De Jota Nintendo - Good luck on getting that job at Sonic. Also definitely have to have you make it out to my tourney, son. All the cool NYC kids are going.

Brookman - Thanks for showing up, bro. Didn't know it was your birthday!

IcyLight - If you are who I think you are, I am SO SORRY I hit you in the head with my bookbag!

Spencer - Barely got to talk to you. Need to chill at your place soon.

AwesomeSean - Good chatting / nomming with you, bro. Keep it up, that Luigi gets heads TAIGHT TANIGHT!

Sloxxy Brown - The illest commentator, son! Also, we didn't play any janky friendlies which should just be illegal anytime we see each other.

Hax - Getting so tall! Its always good to see you, man, I hope to get down to the city again soon.

Spife - Always nice talking music / talking **** during matches. Here's that tune I was going on about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_JZdMxgNHo
Can't tell me you've never heard this song.

Diesel - Thanks for letting me handle the recording. I'm sorry if I didn't break up **** well (though I don't take responsibility for the 48 minutes of recording when I was at Sonic)

Thorn - You were playing mad sex yesterday, glad to see you did as well as you did. That Falco was on point.

Banks - Too much swag for me.

Darc - Good to see you for the first time since like ROM2 or some ****. Jiggs is as gay as ever.

T-Webb - Looking mad tall, good to see you again. Let TFS know how fake they are.

Yedi - Good to finally meet you, man. That MM (not really) with Matt (I think?) got recorded and you should be tiiiight.

Black Santa - The chillest dude ever but was being mad modest by not getting on the mic when ERRBODY wanted you on commentary. So sad.

AxelSlam - My passenger at Sonic. Too much swag in HAB HWIP.

Joe - Barely even got to talk to you. Better see you at SWAGG.

JDogg - Good to see you still putting in that work. Good **** making it out of pools.

Blanky - Mario is swag.

Special shouts to Niko, OTG, and PC Chris for being fake as fuuuuuuuuck. <3

And now a special shoutouts to the Death Pool aka my pool:

Maf - Good games, bro. I know you were all like WTF when trolling me as Yoshi but I'm glad I was able to take that game off of you. And **** with Flaco was closer than I expected. Enjoyed chatting as well.

Bolt - "HAB has a Falco?"

KevinM - Thanks for not being able to ban me, but no thanks for unleashing an angry Vulpine against me.

G$ - DIP! Also I'm tight I didn't get to see the Megatron dance again. Def need to show up at SWAGG though.

QTIP - Always love playing you, man. Hope to see you at the next HOG

Tommy Tan - Swagg!

To everyone in my pool: You're welcome for the W's!

See everybody (yes, I expect everybody) at SWAGG.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I tried apologizing MAD TIMES but you were focused on your match!

Beastly Ganon, BTW.
hah i barely felt it, i said it was fine but im kinda quiet so you probably didn't catch it with all the noise.

Yes, Ganon, too bad he sucks when everyone plays sheik fox and falco xD

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
**** i just realized that the last matches i played in the amatuer bracket should've been best of 5 -_-

shoutouts

foxlisk: good games i think, tbh i was so tired when we played that all i remember is us gimping eachother and the bull**** with the counter @ the end. Looking forwards to a rematch

sora: like with foxlist i only remember sd'ing twice the 1st game and you bodying my falcon. Did i even get kills off of you? We need to play @ moose if you go

Shadow ball: that 20 hour day wasn't a good ldea huh?

tommy tan: don't be so hard on yourself, at least you had hailey rooting for you, i never have anyone rooting for me

Pyn: took you off guard with mewtwo huh? Next time we play my sheik may be on point so i hope you're ready ;) i like the falcon tho gg's

georgehhh: i may be the worst person to ask for specific advice on a character sorry lol. Just keep with the sheik and you'll get better. I was have a spastic ''good match'' the second round, wish i had been playing like that all day ._.

thr0n: 'sup

swift: good job running the tourny despite the hiccups in time

Darc: next time it might be marth dittos, tho for some reason getting 4 stocked by you isn't upsetting to me :awesome:

gmoney: thanks for spending all that time playing me even tho i had a hard time keeping up except here and there. Hopefully i'll be playing faster next time, i def wanna get some more matches against you

Banks: we needed to play more, i had some new tricks to try out (even tho i probably would've screwed them up the way i was off and on yesterday lol). Like the fox, wanted the sheik ;)

Mafia$: wtf did i do to deserve the cold shoulder? And i wasn't trying to make you feel better, you did do really good against banks in a bad mu, so there.

nuro: shoulda went all sheik, i was too slow to play fox yesterday, i'm gonna make our next set closer. gg's

mattdozeb: gg's, tho heaven FORBID i took a game off of you =P

Spife: hiiiiiiiiii =D

yedi: we didn't play :(

blanky: i demand a rematch :)

Diesel: we haven't play in like 2 freaking years dude

twebb: you improved a ****ton man. I'm satisfied that i was able to adjust to it and actually put up a fight. I'm surprised you placed so low too

strawhats: i'm capable of playing better than i did against you and i'm eager to prove it

haileyM: gg's, you did get better over the summer, not just saying that

those asian guys i played: i forgot your names, the marth player and fox player. Good games looked for you guys after pools but didn't see you :(

@ the venue: i like the new setup

anyone i forgot: good games if we played

wow this was a pain to type out on my phone hahahaha

Banks

Smash Hero
1/2: Hax - nice to see and play you. good set in bracket, maybe next time I'll keep any lead I get instead of losing it immediately lmao
1/2: Jman - didn't play but nice to see you, always a good time
3: th0rn - word brah
4: swift - gg's in pools, lol @ sheik dittos game 2. wish I could've held on to that first game but oh well
5: Darc - fox was a bad idea but I lasted longer than 52 seconds. I had that game 2. had it.
5: gmoney - didn't play but nice to see you mah d00d. sick trash talk
7: Banks - nice
7: Mafia$ - good set, even though it's a tough matchup. You're pretty swell, kid
9: andy - gotcha bud. gg's :)
9: nuro - didn't play but nice to see you
9: KevM - fun teaming, I think we had some swag going. 4th place is pretty swagged.
9: mattdozeb - we'll team someday....
13: morgue - your falcon was rapesauce this weekend imo, good stuff
13: Spife - nice to see you mangz
13: yedi - nice to see you too, didn't play but I'm sure it woulda been great
13: blanky - mario status
17: Diesel - thanks for recording and good times all around this weekend
17: Aber - wasn't sure who you were at first, but you are p. damn good
17: Slox - nice to see you brah
17: bolt - you got a lot better from what I saw
17: lemon - gg'z in pools, doc is feisty
17: twebb - didn't play but nice to see you
17: AwesomeSean - good stuff repping that NE luigi
25: jdog - gg'z in teams, sick fox

foxlisk - nice to meet you, we should def play next time
sora - best ylink alive
shadowball - gg's in friendlies, your sheik is pretty ill
dj nintendo - too good with the pika

everyone else I played games with/talked to - good times

see you next time

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
shoutouts to all the people in my pool my idiotic self missed playing ._.

twebb- really enjoyed our games despite you generally having the lead, really wanted to see you place high
strawhats-good seeing you again, we hardly played though
shadowball- oddly enough I think I enjoy sheik dittos now since I don't think I'm too terrible at them managing to make our games not that onesided, ggs and the advice helps, for real
dj nintendo- did not expect at all for my luigi to get 4stocked by bowser, fun matches
lemon- real cool playing wit you, legit doc vs sheik/luigi matches
banks-showed me I got quite alot to work on, taking notes after playing/watching you

Spife

Smash Master
Spife - Always nice talking music / talking **** during matches. Here's that tune I was going on about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_JZdMxgNHo
Can't tell me you've never heard this song.
I recognize a lot of the samples, but no I haven't heard that track specifically :p
But like I said, my brains down with the 80's stuff, and the like, 2001/2 -> now stuff. The only tracks I know from the 90's are french house choons.

also beast tourny Swift! Shouts laters.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
shoutouts to all the chill ppl

lemon, come thru to wpi and we'll practice the best character in the game

hab, lol it was just a random friendly of my marth getting scraped but i got **** on alot this tourney so w/e. cool to finally meet you

tfs, fake as always

JDOG

Smash Rookie
Time for some shoutouts:

if i forget to mention you and you feel i should have and you are severely offended let me know and ill make a special post just for you <3

Jman - ggs in pools. one more stock off your falco and i wouldve ruined your 2-0 spree ;)
th0rn - ggs in teams
swift - gtournament
Darc - i would say ggs but yo *** always backs down from my ********. it seemed like all you need to do is sdi foxs upairs and you will control that match a lot better and fear him a lot less.
gmoney - only played you once but gg. maybe youll win next time lol ;). shoutouts to a random-*** win
Banks - ggs in teams man
Mafia$ - good **** mafia. this is the first tournament i can say you werent a complete douchebag at. keep up the good ****. <3
andy - f u. mad salty. i deserved to lose but i shouldve done better.
nuro - G.
KevM - ggs in teams
mattdotzeb - im not driving you to michigan but shoutouts for bein mad cute
morgue - didnt play but shoutouts to you for scaring the **** out of me when im intently watching a match and you yell HYPE in my face.
Spife - the first time i ever saw you i was like why is this guy so sweaty? but ggs and nice nipples
yedi - we shoulda played son
blanky - SHOUTOUTS TO BEDTIME MAGIC FOR TAKING A GAME OFF KEVINM AND BANKS.
Diesel - weird ggs of the few we played. maaad recording props
Aber - ggs in teams
Slox - ggs close set random suicides
bolt - im saltier than a dead fish in a rotting vagina. nonetheless ggs
lemon - TIME FOR A CHECKUP
twebb - nice to see you again. mad spiders on quyens face at apex.
AwesomeSean - we didnt play this time but gj being a luigi main and not killing yourself yet
jdog - GOOD **** JDOG
foxlisk - we didnt play but i feel a rivalry toward you now for beating my boy sora
sora - you look so cute when you sleep
Shadow ball - we didnt play but i heard you complaining lol
tommy tan - (x-2)^2 is not prime lol
icylight - wish we played i saw your ganon ****
Pyn - not sure who you are. ill find you next time and well play. future ggs
georgehhh - see pyn
Rold Gold - you left pools and gave everybody 2 wins good ****

Top Bottom