• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall Of Fame

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?...=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Listen

THE hall of fame is not that old it is like 3 weks old probably less and its not finished
i need help from fellow smashers to get ppls names that werent mentioned to be put up there. so i tell people to comment on our site about who u think should be on the list and why and soon once the head moderator of the site comes back polls will be added so we can start deciding who is number 1 with that character its going to look alot better when its all said and done give it about a few weeks. I just need help with it

D

Deleted member

There are alot of people that would say otherwise.
you could say the same for any character really. A lot of the truth about my Zelda is incredibly skewed, and I don't think any Zelda has any real accomplishments, so it's fairly trivial anyway.

I'm confident that I do in fact have the best Zelda by a pretty good margin, whatever that's worth. At least, I don't see any competitors within range of the title.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
you could say the same for any character really. A lot of the truth about my Zelda is incredibly skewed, and I don't think any Zelda has any real accomplishments, so it's fairly trivial anyway.

I'm confident that I do in fact have the best Zelda by a pretty good margin, whatever that's worth. At least, I don't see any competitors within range of the title.
Sup Mow!

I think my Zelda has accomplished alot considering that I never use anyone else besides her in tournament play not even for counterpicks or da kine. Alot of people may think that I do it just to prove a point about Sheik or something, but I just do it because Zelda fits my play style best and I'm comfortable with playing as her.

By the same token I believe that your Zelda has accomplished much as well. And I don't think either is trivial at all. I mean there's only so much Zelda can do but y'know. It's still something nice.

Well I guess that means we'll be at a stale mate. I mean no disrespect to you at all though. I was the one that came to you for advice and all when I was new. And you were very nice and helped me alot. I can never deny that. But I do feel that my Zelda is now tops. After all of the support and stuff that I have been getting I just can't think otherwise.

So this will probably never be resolved. Melee is at it's end. You live in PA and I live in HI. And like you said it's Zelda. lol

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
DM needs some props for being the only zelda you'll see in tournaments. same goes for krazy kirby kid, etc. these people with balls should get at least something. unlike some players that made vids of theeir kirby and pichu but use high tier characters in actual tournament. mow is cool and all but he is not, and never was a pure zelda in my book.

D

Deleted member

you might have it by default then, since no one really plays only Zelda. All of the top Zelda players that I've met have played diff characters as their mains: Myself (Fox), GA Wes (Falcon), Ryoko (Peach), Captain Jack (Sheik), and I admit that I've been using Sheik as a 2nd character lately and using Zelda more like a 3rd character.

I agree, living in Hawaii greatly limits any influence you would have off of the boards. I'll put up my set from a week ago pretty soon, Chu/Mow vs PC/Plank, it's the best of both ICs and Zelda vs both top 3 of their top tiers. It's a really good set.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
you might have it by default then, since no one really plays only Zelda. All of the top Zelda players that I've met have played diff characters as their mains: Myself (Fox), GA Wes (Falcon), Ryoko (Peach), Captain Jack (Sheik), and I admit that I've been using Sheik as a 2nd character lately and using Zelda more like a 3rd character.

I agree, living in Hawaii greatly limits any influence you would have off of the boards. I'll put up my set from a week ago pretty soon, Chu/Mow vs PC/Plank, it's the best of both ICs and Zelda vs both top 3 of their top tiers. It's a really good set.
Awesome I really REALLY look forward to you Zelda in action. There are so little vids of you on youtube.

Yea it's tough being in the middle of nowhere (literally). Traveling costs me anywhere between 700-1000 dollars. It depends on whether I get housing or have to hotel. But I love this game too much to mind the cost. :]

Being the best "Zelda main" in the nation sounds good to me. And I know by default may sound silly to most but all things considered I am very happy with that. ^_O>

D

Deleted member

win by default because no one got the balls to just play zelda. nothing silly about that.
I hope you don't mean me, because I play other characters simply because I like them. It's hard to play a game for 6 years and use only one character, no matter how good that character is.

Zone

Smash Champion
I occasionally call out going 100% zelda at tournaments >.>
Although I also occasionally go high tier at some tournaments.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
sorry i meant "only playing" zelda in tournaments. i think in order to be in the hall of fame, you will need to first be known as playing your character, second, you should play it at least most of the time in tourneys with your character and finally, you will need to be good even when you are against other pros.

for example captain jack has a really awesome zelda, but he is more known for his sheik right? plus would he go all zelda in a big tournament like oc2? he didn't. when you are up against eddie, eggz, slient wolf and ka master in tourneys, would you still use zelda?

i know **** well DarkMusician would.

D

Deleted member

the last time I played vs m2k pc chris chu ken azen in tournament I used Zelda.

TheLake

Smash Master
Who cares if he beat em. He fought all of those guys with ZELDA! Props mow, props.

How are those videos coming?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Who cares if he beat em. He fought all of those guys with ZELDA! Props mow, props.

How are those videos coming?
well same goes for DM too... if he lives on h mainland, he'd play way a lot more pros han he did in just oc2 and dan 2. that's why we can't compare these, it's not apples to apples comparasion. but DM is probably THE pure zelda there is. mow, do you switch to shiek in matches to win? DM doesn't/

D

Deleted member

yes I switch to sheik, I play them both. Do you have a problem with me or what? I already said DM is the best Zelda main. What else do you want?

I am not a Zelda main, I'm just the best Zelda player by coincidence because I really like her. I am the best Zelda player by a very, very large margin.

I'm glad DM beat some of the WA players really. It's nice to see another good Zelda player do well, but stop comparing eggz and silent wolf to PC chris and chu because all you're really doing at this point is pissing me off.

Dark Musician has the right to brag because he played these people and actually did good and stopped there. Stop bragging for him and making petty attacks at me.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
yes I switch to sheik, I play them both. Do you have a problem with me or what? I already said DM is the best Zelda main. What else do you want?

I am not a Zelda main, I'm just the best Zelda player by coincidence because I really like her. I am the best Zelda player by a very, very large margin.

I'm glad DM beat some of the WA players really. It's nice to see another good Zelda player do well, but stop comparing eggz and silent wolf to PC chris and chu because all you're really doing at this point is pissing me off.

Dark Musician has the right to brag because he played these people and actually did good and stopped there. Stop bragging for him and making petty attacks at me.
What Mow says couldn't be more true. Terence I really appreciate you sticking up for me. You're a great friend for having my back. But enough is enough.

PC>Combo Status. I played combo status and I did okay. (won more than i lost) I play PC Chris and got 2 stocked over and over. And who knows how bad he would've beasted me if it wasn't a friendly. If Mow can take PC Chris, or the other EC giants then I think that is a much bigger deal then me going WA once. I'd go more if I could but that's just life.

The thing is we'll never truely know who is the "better Zelda." We live too far away from eachother and Melee's time has past. That and like Mow said, it's just Zelda. There's only so much she can do anyway.

Gotta face the facts if he can play 50/50 with PC,Chu, M2k then Mow must have the better Zelda over all. No location johns or whatever. That's just how it is. If I can't go there and see for myself then I have to go with what's given. Facts are facts.

Best "Zelda main" is prefectly fine. More than that, is an honor. A best main in any character coming from Hawaii, that's great! Thank you to everyone who has supported me and I'll continue to do my best and (what else) main Zelda. ^_O>

D

Deleted member

I agree, and your recent videos look really good lately, aside from the whole green and not blue thing.

TheLake

Smash Master
Mow = Zelda legend (his rep cant be overlooked...ex. Ken, Wes, etc.)

Darkmusician = Best current competitive zelda (the flame has been passed...ex. hugs, m2k, etc.)

The lake = soon to be best dark zelda (; (currently the worlds laziest zelda)

Good show gents good show

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I agree, and your recent videos look really good lately, aside from the whole green and not blue thing.
Thanks man! I'm glad you like them. :]

I still don't know why I use green. I guess cause it's my school color. I do go Blue in teams though depending on my partner's preference.

*looks up*

Thanks Aaron! Comin with the laziness!!!

D

Deleted member

I don't mind giving other people credit, especially people I support, but I won't sit by and let myself get attacked. Location barriers aside and main character preference aside, I still have the nastiest Zelda in the world, and have been such since I beat captain jack in dittos way back in 2005. The last Zelda to get close was GA Wes, whom I haven't heard from in ages.

Of course, I will accept any formal challenge for my title, but I won't let it go that easily. I maintain that I am the best Zelda player in the world, even if I use her less than half of the time in tournaments.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I think we can all agree that both Mow and DM are beasts with Zelda. And that should be good enough. I wanna fight DM more! The Dan 2 wasn't enough...T_T

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That's cool. And I think that's enough on both of our parts to conclude this (highly impromptu and yet interesting) discussion.

Maybe if I had joined the Smash Scene earlier we could've set up such a nice challenge, but oh wellz. It's no biggie. :] My only regret is thinking about how fun/epic that match would be.

Oh SHNAP! It's Ademisk! That reminds me that I gotta upload our matches like now!

TheLake

Smash Master
I don't mind giving other people credit, especially people I support, but I won't sit by and let myself get attacked. Location barriers aside and main character preference aside, I still have the nastiest Zelda in the world, and have been such since I beat captain jack in dittos way back in 2005. The last Zelda to get close was GA Wes, whom I haven't heard from in ages.

Of course, I will accept any formal challenge for my title, but I won't let it go that easily. I maintain that I am the best Zelda player in the world, even if I use her less than half of the time in tournaments.
ANY formal challenge you say? ;)

TheLake

Smash Master
Excellen...Best of three, same color ditto, no tags,no shiek (duh), no johns, no mercy.

Let the "Battle for Blue" commence

The epic zelda showdown for melees end!!! :D

(Well brawl will already be out but uhh... you get the point)

Top Bottom