• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xonar I thought you were legit scummy as hell. Like as early as D1 I was already mentally comparing you with your play in FFT and it only deteriorated. If you go back to Gorf's case and read through it slowly, forgetting that it's about you, and accounting for Gorf's pretty loose grammar and writing style, you'll see a ton of truth in it. I was convinced you were the abductor for the longest time.
I really don't see how I was scummy besides the later game where I was playing to get copped after a tailor flip (save for the frustration almost-suicide near the end >_> )

In Day1 I threw my reads out, ever since they were pursued. I never got night-killed, I was never up for lynch. When I realized my reads went totally wrong I figured I needed a way to get out, which was getting copped.

The only thing I really did wrong was bad reads, but I rather lose by my own bad decisions than win by someone else's.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And that's bad play. As Indy, that works, because you are playing for your own faction. But as town, you should not be nearly so adverse to trusting your townreads. Likewise, as scum, trust your mates. Even if you can't talk to them, you are playing on a team.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Comments on players:

Jim Morrision - I liked your play this game. You played a fairly Obvtown game and you were open to every variable, It was very reserved yet also isnightful. Despite your reads (I don't remember them) you played a solid game and I see why you were NK'd. I'd love to play with you again.

WashedLaundry - Damn shame you were taken out so early, your D1 was so obvious town and you were playing well to boot off. Always a good time playing with you.

Evil Eye - You never ****ing cease to amaze me. You're quite possibly the best player I've ever seen play the game of mafia. The way you played this game was spectacular, even with werekill shenanigans. Consider me in awe and in envy.

JTB - Your lynch was dumb, I agree, but you just slacked behind and your content wasn't all there. You gotta learn to be more active and more willing to get into the heat of things, next time.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
And that's bad play. As Indy, that works, because you are playing for your own faction. But as town, you should not be nearly so adverse to trusting your townreads. Likewise, as scum, trust your mates. Even if you can't talk to them, you are playing on a team.
So it was bad play because I trusted my town reads so much? :glare:

Elaborate more.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also I knew scum was in the neighbors when they claimed. It seemed too weird for there to be neighbors this late in the game, and it seemed just as awkward flavor-wise. Likewise, scum never claim VT anymore, and Glyfe's play just didn't match up with his usual scum meta. I had a cop inno on Xonar, so my lynch pool was literally Gorf by PoE. Never expected indyEE.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Soup, play like that more. You do well when you're not ****ing around for the first portions of the game. As good of stories as your early games made, I have a much better time when I don't want to toss things at you for the stupid **** you try to pull.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wasn't directing anything, which was actually part of Gorf's case (being a non-presence).

My reads were being pursued is all. I literally had to do hardly anything and got the people who I wanted/were okay with being lynched, lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

Red Ryu - Not the best scum-play, I caught you in the first instance of your first post. Learn to try and apply your town meta more, I feel that you were just trying to play town but not be town.

Werekill - I've already commented on you. I agree with EE's notion.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, play like that more. You do well when you're not ****ing around for the first portions of the game. As good of stories as your early games made, I have a much better time when I don't want to toss things at you for the stupid **** you try to pull.
It's become a habit, I've learned from my mistakes and don't expect that side of me to return ever again.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Like right now the advice I'm sitting on is

don't lead early game
don't become silent when everything is going according to your plan

or something. Is it weird that you're confusing me?

#HBC | ѕoup

Xonar, I liked your cop gambit intention, I didn't like the end result.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Role PMs!

Town:

th3kuzinator said:
Hello Ryker and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Wepon, Town Vanilla

A trusty automatic sub-machine gun used by various humens, you were quickly abandoned when John Freeman realized that he had to kill fast and that, unfortunately, your bullets were just too slow. Determined to show the world that you still have a purpose, you've gone solo in your fight to save humenity.

Abilities: You have your voice and vote. Use them wisely.

Alignment: You are humen-aligned and win when all threats to humenity have been eliminated.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Jim Morrison and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Spy, Town Vanilla

A team fortress character that was shamelessly drafted into the creation of Full Life Consequences, your random appearance is often signified by many a hearty chuckle. Though you're normally apathetic to the main conquest of the story line, you're a humen nonetheless and thus have some sort of stake in their victory.

Alignment: You are humen-aligned and win when all threats to humenity have been eliminated.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Soup~ and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Hug Tower, Town Vanilla

Simply misspelled by the 12 year old who wrote Full Life Consequences, your once looming presence is now dominated by a pulsating rainbow aura. What stake could you possibly have in humenity, you ask? That's a good question. And one that probably deserves a good answer. Unfortunately, one does not exist. However that doesn't make your role any less important!

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Soup~ and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Hug Tower, Town Vanilla

Simply misspelled by the 12 year old who wrote Full Life Consequences, your once looming presence is now dominated by a pulsating rainbow aura. What stake could you possibly have in humenity, you ask? That's a good question. And one that probably deserves a good answer. Unfortunately, one does not exist. However that doesn't make your role any less important!

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Xonar and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

Zombie Goast, Town Vanilla

There was a time where the Zombie Goasts hated, no, loathed humanity. However, due to some random imbecile blowing up their house and killing them, they now are somehow able to live at peace. In eternal gratitude to the humens for setting them free, they now fight on the side of humenity.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Glyph and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

A Pair of Dead Pants, Town Vanilla

"He walked over to the dead bosses and put them under the ground and planted pants on them so instead of messy dirt and dark there was pretty things there now to be happy."

After your premature demise you've not only been used as delightful ground ornaments, you've also been turned into high quality fertilizer! Imagine that.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello JTB and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Headcrab Officer, Hated Town Voyeur

Why does everyone hate you so much? And all because of a small cosmetic problem! All you've ever tried to do is fulfill your role as a police officer, stopping random speeding bathtubs from backflipping out of control. Sheesh, the nerve of some people.

Abilities: Each Night you may send me a PM with the command Voyeur: Playername and you will be told what, if any, actions visited that player.

Hated: You take one less vote than the required number for a majority to lynch.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Marshy and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

The Physical Manifestation of Science, Town Jailer

Originally a combine creation, you've since had a change of heart and now use your quantum physics to create an impenetrable force field around anyone who wears you. Unfortunately, you still have the mind control command imbedded in your circuits and thus immobilize any target who dons you for the Night.

Abilities: Each Night you may send me the PM Jail: Playername and that player will be protected as well as roleblocked.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello WashedLaundry and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

Henry Freeman, Town Cop

A mamas boy through and through, you've recently been forced to make a stand for humenity by leading the humen resistance. Your very presence gives humenity the hop they've been desperately searching for. Since the rest of the resistance comes to you for leadership and guidance, you've learned to become a good judge of character. When you're not blowing **** up, you're inspecting your own territory making sure nothing goes unseen.

Abilities: Each Night you may send me a PM with the command Cop: Playername and you will be told whether that player is innocent or guilty.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Gorf and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

John Freeman, Town Neighbor

"John Freeman got on his motorcycle and said 'its time for me to live up to my family name and face full life consequences.'"

And so you did.

Abilities: You may chat with your neighbor Evil Eye in this quicktopic.[/URL]

Good Luck!

Indy:

th3kuzinator said:
Hello Evil Eye and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

Gordon Freeman, Independent Traitor Neighbor

Once a loyal member of humenity, a fatal encounter with a giant extremity left you with a small chance for survival. Luckily, the combines came to the rescue and brainwashed your mind into hating humenity and all it stands for. Combine science really made you tricked, bro. You should also probably stop the button and glowing.

Abilities: You may talk with your neighbor Gorf in this quicktopic.[/URL]

Traitor: You know that the mafia faction consists of J (Mafia Tailor) and Werekill (Mafia FBI Agent).

Alignment: Though you have no real ties to the combines, you just can't seem to undue this mind control. You are independently aligned but would rather see the downfall of the humens than the resistance succeeding. You win when either you're the last man standing or the mafia faction gains numerical superiority regardless of whether you're alive or not.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello Kantrip and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

GLADOS, Independent One-Shot Bulletproof Abductor

Due to the amazing technological advances of Aperture Science, you're able to silently whisk away humens during the Night where you torture them with stories of delicious cakes that can never be obtained because they are LIES. You cruel son of a bi– well anyway...

Abilities: Each Night you may send me the PM Abduct: Playername and that player will be removed from the game with their role and flavor hidden. For example, [???, ???] has been abducted. In the event that you're killed, the players you have abducted will be returned to the game unharmed.

One-Shot Bulletproof: You are impervious to any sort of killing action at Night. However, this applies only once.

Alignment: You are independently aligned and win when you're the last man standing or no one can prevent this.

Safe-claim: If you choose to use it, you know that "DJ Grizzly" (the bear DJ at the end of Free Man) is not in this game.

Good Luck!

Mafia:

th3kuzinator said:
Hello Werekill and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

Next Boss, Mafia FBI Agent

You swore on the day of your brother's death to avenge him and make all of humenity suffar! You're also a giant towering man in a suit with a briefcase. Oh, and you can fly. Need I say more?

Abilities: You may chat with your scummate J (Mafia Tailor) in this quicktopic.[/URL]

Kill: Each Night you may send me the command Kill: Playername and that player will be killed. The player who I receive the kill action from is the player who will perform the kill.

Investigation: Each Night you may send me the PM Investigate: Playername and you will be told if that player is independent or not independent.

Alignment: You are scum aligned and win when your faction gains numerical superiority or nothing can prevent this.

Safeclaim:
You know that "Henry Freeman's Mother" is not in the game.

Good Luck!
th3kuzinator said:
Hello J and welcome to Half Life: Full Life Consequences mafia!

You are...

Final Boss, Mafia Tailor

A baddie through and through, you almost nearly kinda had an impact on the series. Unfortunately, 12 year olds don't have very good plot development and thus were killed off quite soon after your fated duel. Because of this, not only do you have a strong dislike for male prepubescents, you hate humenity to its core. Your cameo during the credits was quite graceful, though!

Abilities: You may chat with your scummate Werekill (Mafia FBI Agent) in this quicktopic.[/URL]

Kill: Each Night you may send me the command Kill: Playername and that player will be killed. The player who I receive the kill action from is the player who will perform the kill.

Tailor: Each Night you may also send me the command Spruce Up: Playername and that player will look innocent to any sort of role that would be interested in their alignment. Alternatively you can send me the PM Reproach: Playername and that player will look guilty to any sort of role that would be interested in their alignment. You can only choose one of these abilities each Night.

Alignment: You are scum aligned and win when your faction gains numerical superiority or nothing can prevent this.

Safe-claim: If you choose to use it, you know that "The Heavy" (from Team Fortress 2) is not in the game.

Good Luck!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Because Gorf decided that it was possible that a Mafia Tailor can Tailor someone for the duration of the entire game.

>_> still weirded out at that, Gorf

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I HAVE FULFILLED THE PROPHECY OF THE PANTS BEING DEAD

That was my REAL wincon

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It bugs me just like it's going to bug you when I host Beautiful People Mafia and don't invite you even though you're a model.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nah, I'm done talking about it. In the meantime, because I saw this come up more than once this game, let's all laugh at Ruy, shall we?

My thought process involved a lot of his meta from past games, UTrick'd2, TTGL, Detectives, G3S. Where I saw allusions to those games.
So you took some of my best Indy play (TTGL) and marred it with a game in which I was mostly inactive and two games of my absolute worse play. GJ.

1. His arm chair critic, which a lot of it happened after Werekill asked for a replacement and Ryker started posting more. He did the same in UTrick'd2, Detectives, etc.
Newsflash: I do this regardless of alignment. It's actually one of my bad habits, but if I don't have an avenue of useful discussion or something I find scummy that I want to press, I sit in the armchair. In this instance, I already had my gogdamn lynch settled. I was not moving from Werekill. No one was moving from Werekill. I had mild doubts about Ryker but nothing to back it up, and while I was pressuring Kantrip, I had no reason to suspect EE and your slot wasn't even posting.

2. Opportunistic vote style, which I thought made sense but then I got corrected about the Serial killer part which is what I thought he was with the lack of a 3rd kill and the abductor out-prioritized it via NAR. He was very quick to dismiss Sold's claim, he did this to Soup in Utrick'd when he had a provable protown role and got him quick lynched.
Newsflash: I do this regardless of alignment, especially when it comes to claims. If there's a guy who can call bull**** on claims faster than me, I want to meet him. Stew's claim was **** because there was nothing foretelling an indy and even if he did flip what he claimed, we just got modconfirmed information of an indy.

3. Very perfect townie posting, when me and Ranmaru posted gay in TTGL because of our posting restriction, I'll tell ya that was quite heavy. He was quick to post facepalm and say, wtf why did you do that, when we claimed our name and crumbed we were a PR to draw a night kill. Just like all the scum in that game overreacted to it when I reread that game.
I
what

since when is "perfect townie posting" consider a scumtell. ever. i mean, ****ing really?

#HBC | ѕoup

Gorf
03-23-2012
07:43 PM ET (US)
I'm game to go Soup since he's obvcop but honestly I'm game to go either way. Discuss?

No, Red Ryu is just an easy read.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like right now the advice I'm sitting on is

don't lead early game
don't become silent when everything is going according to your plan

or something. Is it weird that you're confusing me?
You need to be fluid in response to what's going on in the game. Get more active and directing whenever you feel like something's scum, but also know when to back down. These are two very useful skills that I don't know if you have.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Marshy, why did you participate in my lynch when you knew my results were correct?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Successful kill Ryker early: don't get butt devastated.

Doctor doesn't protect Ryker: town loses.

What have we learned, class?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So how do I nominate myself for MVP?

Does asking that count?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Obtw Gorf, I belittle people who pressure me regardless of alignment. It's a bad habit I guess? I remember that being part of your case. Definitely something I should look at.

It works though .__.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Motion to blacklist Werekill from at the very least playing mafia games. Frankly, I think his trustworthiness is suspect enough to suggest adventure games as well. And maybe even hosting things. But seriously, I at least will.
Seconding this, I was forced to kill Ryker, and at some point EE, when I wanted to kill someone else.

I played bad here, ended up during exam time and I was in multiple games but wanted to avoid a mod kill or something of the sort.

I couldn't pull another Adventure time nnnnoooooooo!!!

~

@Washed: Perfect townie posting refereed to you putting a front to look townie with over exaggeration, which you have done in past games as scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Man, that's still horse****. I don't really have an applicable meta to any alignment. Why do you think people always read me as town?

I mean, perfect townie posting? You only would know if it's exaggeration after the fact, and even then, said exaggeration is 99.99 times out of 100 completely sincere.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
[22:04] gorditoboy69: yea, with tailor its gotta be legit
[22:04] gorditoboy69: but what i'm thinking
[22:04] gorditoboy69: what if this tailor's results are PERMANENT?

god I still don't know what to say.

but yeah, play wasn't optimal. definitely a learning experience this game was. experimental enough, so it SHOULD be. haha.

Thanks everyone for the game.

Top Bottom