• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Capcom Fighting Evolution was a game I had no idea existed until just recently. Weird that it's 2 on 2 but it seems cool.
it's a little fun casual game, imo.. not pleasing to the eye due the inconsistency of sprites and rehash everywhere (much more than the CvS games); but "fun" in a very subjective way... I wouldn't buy though, as a player I don't find it worthy (unless to count in my collection, heh); I rented back in the day.. was just OK.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, we have a week to see what the down special will be. :p

On the topic of Capcom Fighting Evolution, I've never played it and from the looks of it that's a good thing lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Capcom Fighting Evolution was a game I had no idea existed until just recently. Weird that it's 2 on 2 but it seems cool.
A Marvel vs Capcom styled game with a Capcom only roster would be incredible and won't be a hassle to balance out the chinks.

Plus you're roster choices aren't limited as well. I still want other crossovers like Square-Enix, Marvel 4, Shonen Jump, an actual crossover that features either :4pacman: or :4sonic: that isn't regulated to a SRPG and Sony vs Capcom
I didn't mention :4mario: vs:4megaman: because that's already happening and you don't know it

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
When I first played I didn't know the story behind the production and such.. but when I learned about Capcom Fighting All-Stars, .. man, I got really down; D=... The game really looked cool! Even if I never was into 3D Fighting Games (like Tekken, DoA or Virtua Fighter), this looked sick! Because, primarily it would play as Rival Schools and not things like the flawed Akira's Street Fighter EX series. =P
just the fact that would be solely developed by Capcom, and not a parallel company, could turn this in a very interesting game;

EDIT: Oh and hey; there is the Focus Attack, even before SFIV. :p

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Not only Ryu would be another iconic character, but he'd help make Kirby's Fighter power reference to be more complete. I don't think I am only one seeing this. Ryu is one of the rumored DLC characters that's getting in, but I wouldn't mind him at all, ballot or planned.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
When I first played I didn't know the story behind the production and such.. but when I learned about Capcom Fighting All-Stars, .. man, I got really down; D=... The game really looked cool! Even if I never was into 3D Fighting Games (like Tekken, DoA or Virtua Fighter), this looked sick! Because, primarily it would play as Rival Schools and not things like the flawed Akira's Street Fighter EX series. =P
just the fact that would be solely developed by Capcom, and not a parallel company, could turn this in a very interesting game;

EDIT: Oh and hey; there is the Focus Attack, even before SFIV. :p
Same here. When I learned of what is was originally, I was disappointed that it got cancelled.

Anyways, has anyone come up with any good victory poses or taunts for Ryu?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Not only Ryu would be another iconic character, but he'd help make Kirby's Fighter power reference to be more complete. I don't think I am only one seeing this. Ryu is one of the rumored DLC characters that's getting in, but I wouldn't mind him at all, ballot or planned.
Of course! I'm pretty sure that, regardless of anything, Sakurai is a big Street Fighter fan!.. You said it, Fighter Kirby is a pretty obvious reference; also Sakurai once said he won a 100-men SF tournament, and above all, Smash was conceived after Street Fighter concept! (and Mario practically reflects Ryu's moveset); --All the hints fits perfectly now.. Sakurai's visit to Capcom was to request more than one character. =P

So I assume I can include you as an official World Warrior, right? =)..

Anyways, has anyone come up with any good victory poses or taunts for Ryu?
I covered some ideas in the OP; as well some from our friends World Warriors!
-- btw If Ryu could get a random line for his taunts like the ones in SFIV would be neat! =)

Last edited:

AreJay25

So here's an idea. What if Ryu had two different Final Smashes, like the Ultras in Street Fighter IV?

AreJay25

1. Shinku Hadouken

2. Evil Ryu

It would probably be randomized. Dunno if they would let you choose which one every match.
Well, I was thinking it could be a custom move option, but Mewtwo didn't get any customs so that's unlikely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though I had missied the subject already, I'll just say this. Capcom Fighting Jam would have been a much better game than Capcom Fighting Evolution, even if the game itself was criticized to the point of cancellation.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia

I am actually neutral to the idea of Ryu coming into Smash. My meaning of my earlier post was to point out that Kirby's Fighter power was being referenced more completely if Kirby took Ryu's power (assuming it's a Hadouken) and hair/hairband for a Kirby hat. As a Smash fan who played each game throughout the franchise's years, that trivia is good to know if that bit on Masahiro Sakurai, Street Fighter, and Smash is true. I would play as Ryu if he did get in, though. Sorry if that post's meaning was confusing.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
lmao how would that work as a effective final smash? It would be cool but I know they're just going to take the easy road out and use Shinku Hadouken.
Well, Ryu could elbow dash the victim(if he misses, he'll stop and fall, but he keep going to blast zone like Marth) and if he connects... you know the rest.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd figure his Shin Shoryuken would be near 1-hit KO potential due to its short range. Shinku Hadouken would obviously be much easier to connect, but have less knockback. Hold for Shinku Hadouken while a quick press and release would activate his Shin Shoryuken.

I dunno, that's one way to do it I guess.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Street Fighter II Movie - 1995 [PSOne/Strn]
A completely obscure game for many; but I wouldn't blame anyone.. only released in Japan this title is actually an interactive experience based on the "Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie", taking place by a Shadaloo's Cyborg perspective; There's few portions of actual gameplay.. the content is more based in collecting DATA about the characters who appear in the scenes directly ripped from the movie (as well some new exclusives).

In this game you can't play as our hero, but as an unnamed Shadaloo Cyborg which has the task to assimilate the fighting skills from all the World Warriors (which you kinda can relate to Seth); but, as Ryu turning in the favorable target to Bison, the Cyborg was created with Ansatsuken moveset; During the events you'll need to train against a Ryu hologram and then finally face the Dragon himself! -- Don't worry, Ryu will have his rematch against Bison after this.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
heh; This game is a pearl; .. It's just a pity that has so few gameplay portions; I never played though...

Could have turned in something very successful if released in the west (at least, selling well), 'cause this Animated Movie is too much beloved, and at the time was super popular!

and was never stated by Capcom (if I know well), but the Cyborg is just too similar to Seth concept;

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I can certainly see how they managed to get it past the radar. Wonder if Cyborg will come back for SFV? Since Seth is out of commission right? :troll:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can certainly see how they managed to get it past the radar. Wonder if Cyborg will come back for SFV? Since Seth is out of commission right? :troll:
Would certainly be a nice surprise!.. After all, the character didn't meet a conclusive fate in this story (unless if it was actually a prototype to Seth); Capcom would need to explain a couple of things to the west audience.. but wouldn't hurt.. =P
Juri will need a new toy to break anyway. XD XD (she will be in SFV, I'm sure).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
knowing nintendo........they won't do the sf5 realistic look and probably do the stupid more cartoonish look. I hope for something in between.....so SF4's style imho.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
/\ you know that is a very very early screenshot of SFIV when it was set to release in the Arcades in Japan, right?.. He's actual appearance in SFIV is much better, and even fitting to Smash style; .. They probably will just update textures and things like clothes and hair.

just compare:

I'm also hoping for something close to SFIV look;.. I liked the updated visuals in SFV, but they're far from something fitting for Smash, imo.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So it's pretty much Super Turbo but now with a Cyborg Ryu clone.

That IS pretty weird.

AreJay25

I'm still hoping that Ryu ends up taking some cues from his TvC appearance.

But SFIV would be fine too.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I always thought his head looked a little strange in Street Fighter 4. Potato head Ryu is what I dubbed him but I don't hate that style or anything.

The only one I really don't like is his MvC3 appearance.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I always thought his head looked a little strange in Street Fighter 4. Potato head Ryu is what I dubbed him but I don't hate that style or anything.

The only one I really don't like is his MvC3 appearance.
seriously;... MvC3 has good graphics and artstyle, and most of the models are fine.. but Ryu is terrible in this; WTH?..

Would be so hard to update his TvC model as they did for Morrigan? :T

Anyways, .. I always look at Shulk and Little Mac as example when I try to imagine the SFIV/TvC Ryu updated in Smash4 graphical engine... with a detailed hair and more natural tissue for clothes;

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hey guys, I've kept this a secret but I'm currently uploading a fanmade trailer for Ryu on Youtube. I'll provide a link when it's finished uploading!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
seriously;... MvC3 has good graphics and artstyle, and most of the models are fine.. but Ryu is terrible in this; WTH?..

Would be so hard to update his TvC model as they did for Morrigan? :T

Anyways, .. I always look at Shulk and Little Mac as example when I try to imagine the SFIV/TvC Ryu updated in Smash4 graphical engine... with a detailed hair and more natural tissue for clothes;

I think the best basis is :4falcon:&:4littlemac: for muscle texture and body structure and :4myfriends: for the obvious reason. I think he's probably the hardest to really Smashify because we don't know his definite artstyle but we know the basis that we can work with. I doubt :4shulk: has anything to offer

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ok, as promised, here's the link:

Disclaimer! I'm not the best animator out there, please don't expect the best thing ever since slice bread, but this took some time to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to because of time constraints and sprite limitations. This is more of a short video than an actual, "what I expect to happen" video. Some things to note: this was made with Adobe Flash and a video editing software, YouTube kills the quality(sorry), the video editing software hurt the quality really bad and then YouTube did more damage as well :c, and lastly, don't take it too seriously! :laugh:

Either way, please enjoy yourselves. Like, comment and subscribe! :p

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ok, as promised, here's the link: https://youtu.be/cpRoh0IhDSc

Disclaimer! I'm not the best animator out there, please don't expect the best thing ever since slice bread, but this took some time to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to do because of time constraints and sprite limitations. This is more of a short video than an actual, "what I expect to happen" video. Some things to note: this was made with Adobe Flash and a video editing software, YouTube kills the quality(sorry), the video editing software hurt the quality really bad and then YouTube did more damage as well :c, and lastly, don't take it too seriously! :laugh:

I actually really liked that. If the actual trailer is anything like this (of course CGI or in-game), I'll be satisfied.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman

Disclaimer! I'm not the best animator out there, please don't expect the best thing ever since slice bread, but this took some time to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to do because of time constraints and sprite limitations. This is more of a short video than an actual, "what I expect to happen" video. Some things to note: this was made with Adobe Flash and a video editing software, YouTube kills the quality(sorry), the video editing software hurt the quality really bad and then YouTube did more damage as well :c, and lastly, don't take it too seriously! :laugh:

Awesome. Specially how you added in the Ken thing at the end there. I really wouldn't be surprised if they did that and gave Ryu a Ken alt.

AreJay25

Disclaimer! I'm not the best animator out there, please don't expect the best thing ever since slice bread, but this took some time to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to because of time constraints and sprite limitations. This is more of a short video than an actual, "what I expect to happen" video. Some things to note: this was made with Adobe Flash and a video editing software, YouTube kills the quality(sorry), the video editing software hurt the quality really bad and then YouTube did more damage as well :c, and lastly, don't take it too seriously! :laugh:

Pretty cool, I'd love it if the trailer were like this. If there's one thing I could critique it on, it's that the transition from the trailer to the Smash logos was a little abrupt.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ok, as promised, here's the link:

Amazing! really really good! Awesome Job, World Warrior! =)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Thank you all! It had to have been done by today so I activated my procrastinating skillz two days ago. :laugh:
Pretty cool, I'd love it if the trailer were like this. If there's one thing I could critique it on, it's that the transition from the trailer to the Smash logos was a little abrupt.
You're right. By far my least favorite part. I was unsure how to fix it. :c

Thanks for your feedback!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think the best basis is :4falcon:&:4littlemac: for muscle texture and body structure and :4myfriends: for the obvious reason. I think he's probably the hardest to really Smashify because we don't know his definite artstyle but we know the basis that we can work with. I doubt :4shulk: has anything to offer
I just use Shulk as base by the update of visuals from the original Xenoblade on Wii to his Smash4 counterpart; .. but not that he has any kind of similarity of body shape or face with Ryu. XD XD

--anyways, after this bump of excitement with Rockaphin's trailer; Here's another thing: have you guys checked VesperArcade's breakdown of Bison in SFV?..
I dunno if you guys are into SF metagame, but I got tranquilized about Rose's inclusion with this video (she was one of my seconderies in SFIV, and I don't want to play as Bison. =P)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom