• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, I always give some merit to these guys who tries something like that in a limited hardware;.. Even with clunky results, is still a nice effort; I mean, you got Somari/Sonic 1 on NES that is somehow playable.. (with functional loopings!.. A thing that the SEGA Master System would have in Sonic games just in the 3rd entry in the console) It's insanely nice! =P

Also, I'm so into these weird games; I made this:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b591/t6ms9jnbzpyhr7hfg.jpg
Just when I thought that would be a good idea to have this game in my collection; Then I realized that I would just find him in these 1000 games in a cartridge. :smash:

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
World Heroes was actually a decent fighting game but bootleg games always do crap like this, stealing names of actual fighting games and just shoehorning in whatever idiotic fanfiction crossover they can come up with. Oh look it's Goku vs. Darth Vader hooray.

In case you don't know this is the original game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDmAV_MObEQ

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
World Heroes was actually a decent fighting game but bootleg games always do crap like this, stealing names of actual fighting games and just shoehorning in whatever idiotic fanfiction crossover they can come up with. Oh look it's Goku vs. Darth Vader hooray.

In case you don't know this is the original game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDmAV_MObEQ

So Mugen before Mugen

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
OK, here we go World Warriors; The Ultra Bar is already full! The Hype is here, we just have started the official countdown for E3!.. And I'll be your host, bringing some pieces of various Ryu's appearances through the years with a brief description (to help our friends still beginners at the Street Fighter legacy);

Street Fighter IV - 2008 [ARCADE/PS3/X360/PC/iOS]
After a hiatus of nine years since a main title in the Street Fighter series, the franchise had its return with full power in the japanese Arcades, shortly becoming a hit in home consoles! -- Street Fighter IV is still a very popular fighting game, and very well claimed by the Fighting Game Community.

The story brings Ryu to a new challenge: the S.I.N. organization; which was holding a fighting tournament in order to draw out the most powerful fighters on Earth to complete a mysterious project called BLECE. And still having to surpass his inner demon, Ryu doesn't held back in this new journey.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OK, here we go World Warriors; The Ultra Bar is already full! The Hype is here, we just have started the official countdown for E3!.. And I'll be our host, bringing some pieces of various Ryu's appearances through the years with a brief description (to help our friends still beginners at the Street Fighter legacy);

Street Fighter IV - 2008 [ARCADE/PS3/X360/iOS]
After a hiatus of nine years since a main title in the Street Fighter series, the franchise had its return with full power in the japanese Arcades, shortly becoming a hit in home consoles! -- Street Fighter IV is still a very popular fighting game, and very well claimed by the Fighting Game Community.

The story brings Ryu to a new challenge: the S.I.N. organization; which was holding a fighting tournament in order to draw out the most powerful fighters on Earth to complete a mysterious project called BLECE. And still having to surpass his inner demon, Ryu doesn't held back in this new journey.

Better come back a week later to update that picture.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I have a pic per day (hah, Pre-Release memories =;T ).. so, even if it seems a long time til the big day, I'll try to make everything easy to us;
Hope the training has been good, fighters! We have a huge match at E3!.. Street Fighter V, Smash4, Project X Zone 2, maybe some more surprises!.. Who knows? =)

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hard to believe it's been almost two months since the initial leak. Time really does fly... Can't wait to see Ryu in action!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hard to believe it's been almost two months since the initial leak. Time really does fly... Can't wait to see Ryu in action!
Also that same time where people complained about him taking Megaman's spotlight and being unoriginal but ending up being genuinely well recieved compared to the salt maker that is Roy

This remaining 2 weeks is going to be brutal...
Tell me about it. Atleast the NBA Finals, X Games and probably more Smash will keep me occupied for the next few weeks

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - 1991 [ARCADE/SNES/SMS/DOS/GB/Amiga/etc..]
The Fight is Everything... That's the game which built the fighting genre as we know today; A huge impact in the gaming industry as an Arcade Title, and crazy system seller in home consoles. Street Fighter II is the biggest pearl in the franchise, and is still have a very good following in the FGC with many of its updates.

Ryu hit the road once again; this time to enter into Shadaloo's biggest tourney yet; At the time, having to deal with the haunting of the recent (almost) murder of his master ... He still wants to test his strength and improve the best he can.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
If hes in the game, id like to a see alternate shoto skins (ken,akuma,etc) just like the koopalings.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Fighting Street - 1987 [ARCADE/CM64/TGxCD/DOS/Amiga/etc..]
The first game in the series and often ignored by the superiority of the sequel; Very limited and a bit clunky the first Street Fighter (after renamed as Fighting Street in the Home Console versions) was not the revolutionary hit that Capcom expected; But it's still a classic;

Canonically the very first tournament that Ryu participated along with Ken, after many years of training; The tourney was held by the mighty Sagat, who wanted to prove himself as the strongest man and Muay Thai fighter in the Earth; But after that, things just started to get more serious.. since the first manifestation of the Satsui No Hadou to Ryu.

----------------------
If hes in the game, id like to a see alternate shoto skins (ken,akuma,etc) just like the koopalings.
We all do.
I'm not sold to this idea, actually;.. I see few people suggesting that, but the other Shotos are so different in terms of gameplay, and they're characters developed so distinct to Ryu, that wouldn't feel right to me.. It's fine for the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., or Olimar and Alph which shares much more similarities.. but not in this circumstance; It's like having Protoman as Mega Man skin, or Shadow to Sonic, or Ms. Pac-Man to Pac-Man; .. but we all have our expectations. =P

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I played the TurboGrafx-CD version through the Virtual Console on Wii;.. I suffered to throw a simple Hadouken (and Lee was so hard to defeat, I gave up); =P.. But I kinda see the appeal at the early days of fighting games... I guess.

AreJay25

I actually managed to beat the whole game lol. It was crazy hard though. I remember getting demolished by Adon.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I remember Street Fighter 1 for only thing

image.jpg

Christ it's just as horrible as I remembered.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You don't need to go outside the franchise to find awful musics.. =P;.. Well, Street Fighter is full of great music, and it's hard to find something that bad (the Sagat theme of Fighting Street is one of the examples, but the game doesn't have a bad soundtrack in general; In fact, I always thought that is a very underrated OST)... but when it comes to ports.. ..Geez, SFA on GBC sounds terrible (plays well, but sounds terrible!);

It's not fault of GBC sound capacity... is just laziness.. D=; .. the game is still worth to a shot in mute. =P

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You don't need to go outside the franchise to find awful musics.. =P;.. Well, Street Fighter is full of great music, and it's hard to find something that bad (the Sagat theme of Fighting Street is one of the examples, but the game doesn't have a bad soundtrack in general; In fact, I always thought that is a very underrated OST)... but when it comes to ports.. ..Geez, SFA on GBC sounds terrible (plays well, but sounds terrible!);

It's not fault of GBC sound capacity... is just laziness.. D=; .. the game is still worth to a shot in mute. =P
It sounded okay for what it was.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
trust me; during the gameplay, it gets annoying... and it's very loud; I dunno why.. the tiny SFXs of the game is hardly heard. ..Not too far of the bootleg NES/Famicom games we were talking about; .. just with slightly better reproduction.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I think Ryu should have an attack that breaks shields. Or better yet, an attack that puts opponents in a dizzy state like Mewtwo's Disable. This move will have set knockback, has greater range than Disable, the opponent doesn't have to be facing Ryu in order for the attack to connect, and lastly the dizzy state lasts for a set amount of time (mabey for three seconds?) unlike Mewtwo's disable where the length of the dizzy state depends on the opponents damage (people can still mash to shorten the length however). To keep this move from being OP, this move will have a fair amount of start-up and a bit of end-lag. This will stop the move from being spammable, but at the same time keeps it practical. Also, the attack will have a greater chance to just cause a small hitstun reaction the lower the opponents damage is. Even if that happens, you can still follow-up with attacks with fast start-up like a jab, or even a smash attack if the opponent doesn't react fast enough.

Here's what I think the chances of getting a dizzy effect should be...

O% to 10% damage on opponent = 10% chance for dizzy effect
11% to 20% damage on opponent = 20% chance for dizzy effect
21% to 30% damage on opponent = 30% chance for dizzy effect
31% to 40% damage on opponent = 40% chance for dizzy effect
41% to 50% damage on opponent = 50% chance for dizzy effect
51% to 60% damage on opponent = 55% chance for dizzy effect
61% to 70% damage on opponent = 60% chance for dizzy effect
71% to 80% damage on opponent = 65% chance for dizzy effect
81% to 90% damage on opponent = 70% chance for dizzy effect
91% to 99% damage on opponent = 75% chance for dizzy effect

Once your opponent has 100% damage or more, the attack will always give them the dizzy effect. I think this makes the move a good combo starter, and a great move to help finish stocks.

Sagat was the original spammer of fighting games;
Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Uppercut, Tiger, Tiger...!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think Ryu should have an attack that breaks shields. Or better yet, an attack that puts opponents in a dizzy state like Mewtwo's Disable. This move will have set knockback, has greater range than Disable, the opponent doesn't have to be facing Ryu in order for the attack to connect, and lastly the dizzy state lasts for a set amount of time (mabey for three seconds?) unlike Mewtwo's disable where the length of the dizzy state depends on the opponents damage (people can still mash to shorten the length however). To keep this move from being OP, this move will have a fair amount of start-up and a bit of end-lag. This will stop the move from being spammable, but at the same time keeps it practical. Also, the attack will have a greater chance to just cause a small hitstun reaction the lower the opponents damage is. Even if that happens, you can still follow-up with attacks with fast start-up like a jab, or even a smash attack if the opponent doesn't react fast enough.

Here's what I think the chances of getting a dizzy effect should be...

O% to 10% damage on opponent = 10% chance for dizzy effect
11% to 20% damage on opponent = 20% chance for dizzy effect
21% to 30% damage on opponent = 30% chance for dizzy effect
31% to 40% damage on opponent = 40% chance for dizzy effect
41% to 50% damage on opponent = 50% chance for dizzy effect
51% to 60% damage on opponent = 55% chance for dizzy effect
61% to 70% damage on opponent = 60% chance for dizzy effect
71% to 80% damage on opponent = 65% chance for dizzy effect
81% to 90% damage on opponent = 70% chance for dizzy effect
91% to 99% damage on opponent = 75% chance for dizzy effect

Once your opponent has 100% damage or more, the attack will always give them the dizzy effect. I think this makes the move a good combo starter, and a great move to help finish stocks.

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Uppercut, Tiger, Tiger...!
Hmm, I think we discussed about a Stun Move for Ryu; mainly being the Focus Attack; but then I came with this from SFV:

It's not clear yet what is that move, and if it's something specific to Ryu (at least, we just saw Ryu giving that kind of effect in an opponent for now).. but sounds like fitting for your idea; .. It's not a charged move like the Focus, but seems to have a slow start-up.
~I'd like to see something like that;.. Maybe Sakurai can made up some attacks for Ryu with Capcom's assistance, who knows? He always got at least one or two new moves each new crossover he appears (or at least some kind of variation of his standard attacks) =)

--Hey, you guys know what? Smash4 will be the very first fighting game that Ryu is not a playable character from the beginning; and the very first game that made him a downloadable/additional content (at least if you don't count Asura's Wrath DLC)! :\/

Last edited:

AreJay25

I'm still fully convinced that the Focus Attack is gonna be a special, but a move with the dizzy effect is a pretty nifty idea.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Speaking of dizziness, it would be a nice attention to detail if they used the SF dizzy SFX for Ryu when he's put into a dizzy state.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - 1998
[ARCADE/PSOne/DC/Strn/GBA/PSP]
The third and final chapter of the Alpha Series, which tells the story before Street Fighter II.. This game, also know by Street Fighter Zero 3 in Japan, is one of the most beloved by the SF players; Counts with a huge cast of varied characters, multiple options for your character, with the debut of "Fighting Styles" (A-ism, X-ism and V-ism) and a smooth and dynamic gameplay.

After meeting Akuma who told him about the Satsui No Hadou, Ryu continues his journey with the torment and agony of this curse that could make him in his worst enemy. Meanwhile, the machiavellian Shadaloo organization seeks for Ryu being the next Bison's body.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ahh...Street Fighter Alpha 3. Honestly I think I might have played that one the most in the past. I really hope R.Mika makes it into SFV. She was my main way back then.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I also hope that they bring back Rainbow Mika. I never played SF Alpha, and she seems to be a fun character. Plus, the twintails and that costume... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Despite all the hate it got, I loved Alpha 3's soundtrack. I still play it on my Vita. Wish it got a PSN/XBLA release like 3rd Strike.

I say it definitely needs it. Especially with all those unique setups and characters. I love V-ism Balrog and X-ism Chun-Li

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I played Alpha 3 a lot on my PSOne, and its great for multiplayer with that amount of characters to choose; but Alpha 2 will be always my favorite Alpha! :3.. Even if lacks options comparing to 3.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I miss Dramatic Battle and teaming up with a friend/brother trying to beat Impossi-Bison.
Street Fighter V, please, include.:(

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Capcom Fighting Evolution - 2004 [ARCADE/PS2/XBOX]
A controversial title for sure; Highly criticized due the lack of originality, being just a bunch of rehash from past fighting games; But holds the merit of being the only conventional internal fighting crossover game of the company until now! Born after the scrapped concept of another project called "Capcom Fighting All-Stars: Code Holder", was a huge disappointment, mostly because this predecessor had so more potential, being a 3D Fighting Game in a vein of Rival Schools, with a cast many more varied, and tag-team action.

In this adventure, Ryu joins many other Capcom All-Stars to fight against Pyro (villain of the Darkstalkers series) and preventing the destruction of earth; After beating so many different warriors from many different dimensions and ages, Ryu finally could set his strength facing the vicious Jon Talbain (also from Darkstalkers fame).

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'm still fully convinced that the Focus Attack is gonna be a special, but a move with the dizzy effect is a pretty nifty idea.
If Focus Attack is a special, and he has this super/EX meter we've talked about, then that means he will have an EX Focus Attack.

Now in case you don't know, a key tactic to playing Ryu well in SF4 is mastering the EX Focus Attack. He can cancel any move into an EX focus attack, which he can then dash out of to do a new move that will combo out of his previous move. So does that mean he will be able to do FADC combos?

Unfortunately I really don't think that he will have his focus attack.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If Focus Attack is a special, and he has this super/EX meter we've talked about, then that means he will have an EX Focus Attack.

Now in case you don't know, a key tactic to playing Ryu well in SF4 is mastering the EX Focus Attack. He can cancel any move into an EX focus attack, which he can then dash out of to do a new move that will combo out of his previous move. So does that mean he will be able to do FADC combos?

Unfortunately I really don't think that he will have his focus attack.
Was one of the reasons I put the Focus as a Smash Attack; .. would still pay homage to the SFIV mechanic (could even have a the Ink effect for a different aesthetic), being part of his actual moveset, but acting just like any other side Smash in the game; ..

All things considered, I think it's a good way to implement the move to Smash mechanics;.. unless Sakurai really gives a totally new set of commands for Ryu based on Street Fighter (you know, quarter circle, Shoryuken and Hadouken motions and such) as some people were suggesting; '-'

But I think it's an unlikely scenario; not by the complexity of this, but just because would make a character way less accessible to beginners than the others (without count the amount of developing work in a specific character).

The EX Gauge would be the differentiation needed to make the character a fresh experience in the cast; and the fact by having him playing in Smash commands, would make him feels really different of his other appearances in the many other fighting games as well. =)

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Capcom Fighting Evolution was a game I had no idea existed until just recently. Weird that it's 2 on 2 but it seems cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom