• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Seems a good deal, IMO;.. could even be one of the topics from our Hadou-Sunday? :p

----but hey, guys.. During the silence in the thread(and c'mon guys, don't let the hype down! keep moving the thread!) I made this:

isn't the cutest World Warrior ever? XD XD

While his Amiibo probably won't have functionality with Yoshi's Woolly World, by the fact that will come much later; this was fun to do :p..

any other kind of stuff in parallel games that you guys would want to have with Ryu Amiibo?
This is adorable, lol. I think they'd be able to add functionality for MK8, which would be pretty cool.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
That caught me off guard for a moment. Thought it was real lmao. I would love a Street Fighter costume in MK8 as well.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nah that seems reasonable. They could be a part of the wave two of Mii Outfits. A assist trophy for chun li would be amazing honestly.
I expect an assist trophy I think ever franchise with a character gets one so it better be chun li.... Or something like akuma turning the screen black and hitting a random foe with a raging demon that would be hype

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that would be pretty cool. They have plenty of those screen turning black assist trophies so I don't see why not. Plus I could see that being really cinematic. Which is good.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Pocket Fighter - 1997
[ARCADE/PSOne/Strn/WSN]
And speaking of cuteness.. How you make the most powerful fighters from the planet something cute and friendly? Pocket Fighter is the answer! Ryu and all the warriors here are represented in a Super-Deformed style.. Cute is definitely the word, but that doesn't mean you can't have a deep and competitive fighting game! .. In fact the Chibi Themed just helped the title be more accessible, having much more people interested in the game, and so helping some entering into the FGC!

During his journey, Ryu heard about a woman called Tessa (one of the characters from the game Red Earth), and learned that she's really wise and knows about many mysterious things in the world.. He decided to meet her to ask about the strongest fighters in earth, since he wants the worthiest opponent, and what he needs to be the ultimate warrior. So, she tells him about Hauzer,.. which made Ryu really excited, but.. seems that Tessa forgot to tell some tiny details about this "guy".

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Pocket Fighter - 1997
[ARCADE/PSOne/Strn/WSN]
And speaking of cuteness.. How you make the most powerful fighters from the planet something cute and friendly? Pocket Fighter is the answer! Ryu and all the warriors here are represented in a Super-Deformed style.. Cute is definitely the word, but that doesn't mean you can't have a deep and competitive fighting game! .. In fact the Chibi Themed just helped the title be more accessible, having much more people interested in the game, and so helping some entering into the FGC!

During his journey, Ryu heard about a woman called Tessa (one of the characters from the game Red Earth), and learned that she's really wise and knows about many mysterious things in the world.. He decided to meet her to ask about the strongest fighters in earth, since he wants the worthiest opponent, and what he needs to be the ultimate warrior. So, she tells him about Hauzer,.. which made Ryu really excited, but.. seems that Tessa forgot to tell some tiny details about this "guy".

WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE THIS ON PSN/XBLA ALONG WITH PUZZLE FIGHTER?

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was just about to bring up Puzzle Fighter cause I always get it mixed up with Pocket Fighter. Both really fun games.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Maybe they will put the GBA version of Puzzle Fighter on Virtual Console when Ryu is announced! :p (Hopefully all the GBA games).
I don't mind Puzzle Fighter but I want Pocket Fighter, though. The PS1 version cost way too much.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Seems a good deal, IMO;.. could even be one of the topics from our Hadou-Sunday? :p

----but hey, guys.. During the silence in the thread(and c'mon guys, don't let the hype down! keep moving the thread!) I made this:

isn't the cutest World Warrior ever? XD XD

Also, here's a preview of Ryu's Screen KO:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
What if they suddenly just decided to give Ryu the Third Strike parry? I think that would be pretty interesting for a new mechanic in smash.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What if they suddenly just decided to give Ryu the Third Strike parry? I think that would be pretty interesting for a new mechanic in smash.
I'd love that! Would be a different take of general the counter mechanics present in the game!.. When I was watching the @ Rockaphin Rockaphin animation, and Ryu made a Parry on Mario attack, I just thought about it! ... An Alpha Counter would be neat too! (with all the effects, the thunder, and then, a Shoryuken that sends the opponent spinning. XD), but then again, there's so many characters with counters in Smash4. :p..

One friend once suggested a Custom Combo bar (from the Alpha games) to be Ryu's Final Smash;.. would be simple, but a nice throwback!.. What you guys think? --Any other Street Fighter (or Vs. series) techs you would want to have represented?

Last edited:

AreJay25

I'd love that! Would be a different take of general the counter mechanics present in the game!.. When I was watching the @ Rockaphin Rockaphin animation, and Ryu made a Parry on Mario attack, I just thought about it! ... An Alpha Counter would be neat too! (with all the effects, the thunder, and then, a Shoryuken that sends the opponent spinning. XD), but then again, there's so many characters with counters in Smash4. :p..

One friend once suggested a Custom Combo bar (from the Alpha games) to be Ryu's Final Smash;.. would be simple, but a nice throwback!.. What you guys think? --Any other Street Fighter (or Vs. series) techs you would want to have represented?
Well, not necessarily a tech, but I think it would be pretty cool if they had a Marvel type mode where you can pick 3 characters and switch whenever you want.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the parry is different from the counters already in the game. Specially since you don't immediately strike back after a parry. Its pretty farfetched but Ryu being able to do a launch attack like in Marvel.

AreJay25

So... I have a weird question.

Have we ever seen Ryu clap? Because it'll be pretty weird seeing that on the results screen lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ok, as promised, here's the link:

Disclaimer! I'm not the best animator out there, please don't expect the best thing ever since slice bread, but this took some time to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted to because of time constraints and sprite limitations. This is more of a short video than an actual, "what I expect to happen" video. Some things to note: this was made with Adobe Flash and a video editing software, YouTube kills the quality(sorry), the video editing software hurt the quality really bad and then YouTube did more damage as well :c, and lastly, don't take it too seriously! :laugh:

Either way, please enjoy yourselves. Like, comment and subscribe! :p
Holy crap, that was awesome! And you even added a Ken cameo suggesting a Ken alt! I want it so bad. 10/10 would play even more than Shulk. (Seriously Ken is like my favorite dude ever.)

...I'm gonna go watch that again...

Vineyard Vines

Smash Rookie
I'm not sold to this idea, actually;.. I see few people suggesting that, but the other Shotos are so different in terms of gameplay, and they're characters developed so distinct to Ryu, that wouldn't feel right to me.. It's fine for the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., or Olimar and Alph which shares much more similarities.. but not in this circumstance; It's like having Protoman as Mega Man skin, or Shadow to Sonic, or Ms. Pac-Man to Pac-Man; .. but we all have our expectations. =P
I totally get what you're saying. I do not agree with certain characters (like Sakura or Sean, even Akuma and Evil Ryu would be a stretch) being alternate skins for Ryu. However, Ken could work. Up until Champion Edition, they had the exact same game play. And even then, the moves all looked the same until ST came around. I might be asking for a lot here, but having at least Ken would be really cool and even if they play the same it is still much better than a simple alternate color with Red gi-blonde Ryu.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Street Fighter X Tekken - 2012 [PS3/X360/PC/Vita/iOS]
After the brief encounter between NAMCO and Capcom characters in 2005 (in a game that never was released outside Japan); The two most popular fighting franchises of the era were put in the battlefield! Street Fighter X Tekken brought many new interesting mechanics inspired (most) by the Tekken Tag Tournament games.. but got an overwhelming reaction within the FGC due the lack of competitiveness bases; You had the Gem System, similar to Marvel Super Heroes (1995), which allows players to equip special gems to power-up various character attributes.. sadly resulting in very unfair matches most of the times; The game didn't have an extensive following by this; --The hopes are in the promised title Tekken X Street Fighter, a game produced by Katsuhiro Harada with Tekken gameplay methods. (Which we all wonder if it still will see the daylight).

A mysterious cubic object fell in the South Pole.. Named by the scientists as The Pandora Box, it's a mystic artefact which left all the world intrigued; It gives horrendous powers for ordinary people and corrupts the mind just by coming close of it. Ryu learned about the situation and got worried on a possible connection to the Satsui No Hadou;.. then he decided to go to Antartica to see by his own eyes;.. Ken joined the quest, as he didn't wanted to leave his friend alone on this! But, as the object seems to be an ambition of lot of people, won't be an easy way until there.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Holy crap, that was awesome! And you even added a Ken cameo suggesting a Ken alt! I want it so bad. 10/10 would play even more than Shulk. (Seriously Ken is like my favorite dude ever.)

...I'm gonna go watch that again...
Thanks! I really want a Ken alt.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...dated-ui-character-art-and-show-london-stage/

Street Fighter V is a really good looking game.

Also the stun gauge is back.
I was waiting someone post after the countdown to comment on this.. I'm really loving the graphics in this game; While I was very found on SFIV artstyle, this is a big leap! The health bar is amazing too! Very simplistic and charming! (they changed a bit since the last build, with now portraits with tones of just a color; but still very nice and clean!); --- And hey! Look! It's Haggar in a poster!.. Hope we see a new character this E3! =)

FAKE EDIT: I can't help, but I notice that they gave Chun-Li light red lipstick since the Bison trailer; .. :3

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Personally, I want to see: Ken, Karin, Akuma, or Guy. But I don't think any of these will be revealed at E3. I hope Ken gets his roll and flip kick back. I want to see them change him up a bit like in Capcom vs SNK 2.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ah...Street Fighter X Tekken. A hit or miss for most. I for one thought it was decent enough.

More importantly a new stage in SFV. London...hm. Haven't we had a street fighter from London? Dudley right? In addition there's a new mechanic called V-Trigger. Which was leaked back in December with some other information.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/street-f...rts-mechanics-reportedly-launching-march-2016

Oh and Ryu's V-Skill seems to be a parry. So maybe we might get Smash Ryu with a parry as well. :D

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Could be a hint for Eagle too (and I'd like to see more characters from SFI returning); .. I think Dudley would be too obvious; but we'll see. :p

EDIT: also, we have that from Ono \/

and this pic floating around (but it's probably fake though) \/

Last edited:

AreJay25

Could be a hint for Eagle too (and I'd like to see more characters from SFI returning); .. I think Dudley would be too obvious; but we'll see. :p

EDIT: also, we have that from Ono \/

and this pic floating around (but it's probably fake though) \/
No. Please. I want to believe. :(

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that last one looks kinda sketchy. Pretty sure that's from Tatsunoko. But that banana peel picture is interesting. Tripping confirmed for SFV?! We have Banana peel in Smash as well. What is Ono trying to tell us....

EDIT: Actually that looks nothing like the Tatsunoko model now that I went and looked at it so who knows.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah that last one looks kinda sketchy. Pretty sure that's from Tatsunoko. But that banana peel picture is interesting. Tripping confirmed for SFV?! We have Banana peel in Smash as well. What is Ono trying to tell us....

EDIT: Actually that looks nothing like the Tatsunoko model now that I went and looked at it so who knows.
With the recent trademark register by Nintendo, just can mean that Diddy Kong is confirmed to SFV on Wii U, obviously. :cyclops:

EDIT: SFV hands-on and Info overload! Parry! Denjin Hadouken! =D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061092

EDIT²: AMAZING, I WANT!

Last edited:

AreJay25

Wow, SFV is really shaping up to be great! Ryu having the parry is really cool! R.I.P Focus Attacks though.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Just saw the gameplay. This game really has come far since the first trailer. It looks amazing. And I'm really liking the new mechanics.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Seeing Ryu's new model on SFV, makes me excited to know how he'll look in Smash!.. I guess the models can share similarities to cross promotion (even if, for Nintendo, it's inconvenient)

AreJay25

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom