• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What's Bill doing in here

Also not gonna lie but Ryu is probably gonna fall short in Smash compared to SFV because damn his model is INCREDIBLE. I'm hype as hell for the game.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What's Bill doing in here

Also not gonna lie but Ryu is probably gonna fall short in Smash compared to SFV because damn his model is INCREDIBLE. I'm hype as hell for the game.
SFV has the advantage of being on the PS4, so it's kinda unfair lol.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, I guess Smash Ryu will have a bigger distinction of any other to be as likeable as SFV Ryu.. (even I said I expect some similarities :p); but Smash4 graphical engine is really great too! I got still impressed sometimes while playing or watching replays. =)

AreJay25

Yeah, I'm sure the Ryu model will still look really good. It'll just have fierce competition. :p

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This was clear as crystal; I don't know even why they needed to explain;.. Sony paid everything, even the PC version; lol.
I'm not expecting SFV or any future version coming in other systems,.. but I expect a lot of other partnerships like that for other titles (hopefully, we can get one for the Wii U :p).

AreJay25

This was clear as crystal; I don't know even why they needed to explain;.. Sony paid everything, even the PC version; lol.
I'm not expecting SFV or any future version coming in other systems,.. but I expect a lot of other partnerships like that for other titles (hopefully, we can get one for the Wii U :p).
Funny you mention that... Nintendo of Canada just confirmed that's exactly what we'll be hearing about.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - 2010 [Wii]
Hm, what's that?.. There's Anime in my Fighting Game! .. That's right, the unexpected happened once again, and after battling the western side of entertainment, Capcom decided to keep everything between japanese brands.. and then the crossover with Tatsunoko Production studios was born! --Debuting the 3D character models for the Vs. Series, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom brought back the feeling of gameplay from the first Marvel vs. Capcom (1998), while putting new ingredients in the flavor that would return in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (2011). Released first only in Japan on Arcades in 2008, subtitled as Cross Generation of Heroes, was made on Wii's hardware as base, which got its own home version; Later, in 2010, the game was finally released in the west under the new subtitle of Ultimate All-Stars, having more characters, stages and an exclusive ONline mode!

Two parallel universes were strangely merged by a mysterious source power... All people from both sides are confused and scared; Villains of these didn't waste their time and started to plan to attack while everyone is under vulnerability! But Ryu, Ken The Eagle and the others wouldn't let this happen!... During their way seeking the font of all this situation, will be there friends and powerful rivals worthy a match too!

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Never played Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I didn't really even know what Tatsunoko was. But Alex was in it which was very surprising.

AreJay25

Tatsunoko vs Capcom was really fun. I didn't know a lot about Tatsunoko at the time, but their characters were cool so it was all good. I loved the Capcom roster, being able to play as Zero, Frank and Viewtiful Joe was amazing.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Funny thing was that the only Tatsunoko character that already knew was absent of the roster (which is an absurd, considering how popular he is),.. and that's Speed Racer. :p .. (but to be fair, I didn't know he is actually owned by Tatsunoko. Well, at least the Anime adaptation.. :\/ );
--but nonetheless, TvC was an amazing game for me! ... and still better than MvC3, imo. Good balance, fair matches, great visuals, nice speed; Everything was fine! =D

And got me interested to Yatterman. XD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Was a pity to have Hakushon Daimao cutted from Ultimate All-Stars. :T.. really funny character! ... Well, at least he (the personal music themes for each character, and an animated ending for them) was a minor disadvantage against Cross Generation of Heroes.

Oh, and it seems that the TV Show was aired here on Brazil under the name of "Crazy Genie". lol.. Didn't know that. :\/

Last edited:

AreJay25

Yeah, if there's one thing that bothered me about All-Stars it was the removal of some content. I really missed the character themes in particular, but the stage music they added was still pretty good.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I played the japanese version once, so I can say that Hakushon Daimao was a big loss.. but personally bothered me the lack of animated sections (aside the Intro, which was kinda kept intact.. just was put more effects and things).. After all, Tatsunoko is an Anime Studio! c'mon.. =T.
~also, before PxZ... that was the last game having Ryu with his Japanese voice by default released worldwide; I hope that Smash is one more of these exceptions! (I like Kyle Hebert, but I want JPN Hadoukens in Smash. :T)

EDIT: nothing related to TvC; but just look what the gold I just found! :p (Love this kind of stuff)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thoughts on this, guys? ..
I'm not sure how to classified, but SFV seems much more agile (not fast) than SFIV.. and seems that are easier to link attacks, since the gap between them are smaller and the characters don't stray so often with the impacts;;

I like it! XD

AreJay25

Thoughts on this, guys? ..
I'm not sure how to classified, but SFV seems much more agile (not fast) than SFIV.. and seems that are easier to link attacks, since the gap between them are smaller and the characters don't stray so often with the impacts;;

I like it! XD
The game DOES look faster, and there are definitely a lot of subtle differences too. Since it's still in its early phases, it could definitely increase in speed.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
More art from Miiverse of our favorite leading Street Fighter protagonist:

By Ethan (NNID: ethan23lol)

By Mii (NNID: CrimsonBlood)

PKBuster1101

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, i'm new here at Smashboards, but i wanted to say that i really support Ryu 4 Smash.
I've been thinking; what if he gets special winning quotes like in SF2?

''Sorry Mario, but Sheng Long is in another castle!'' xD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey! Outro Brasileiro! Bem Vindo! =D

But let's keep everything in english for the sake of understanding... XD .. Good to have you in our support list World Warrior! (I'll update pronto)... I like a lot this suggestion, though I said around here once that Ryu could say his lines against each character after winning a match (just like Lucina kinda does for some characters). =)

Last edited:

PKBuster1101

Smash Rookie
Hey! Outro Brasileiro! Bem Vindo! =D

But let's keep everything in english for the sake of understanding... XD .. Good to have you in our support list World Warrior! (I'll update pronto)... I like a lot this suggestion, though I said around here once that Ryu could say his lines against each character after winning a match (just like Lucina kinda does for some characters). =)
:)
And yeah, i completely agree! Definitely need special lines against characters like Mega Man and Mario!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys; new topic;.. which nationality you want to be represented (or more represented) in the Street Fighter Series? ... We already have characters from many countries, but there are always a way to get more diversity to the cast; Here's a complete list of our Street Fighters until now (plus DarkStalkers characters), just excluding the Cyborg from the SFII Movie, and our beloved Sawada.. how can someone forget this man? :p;

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Give me a Scottish roughhouser with a wild personality and a brash sense of justice. A girl would be fine, but a guy would be even more hype for the portrayal.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - 2010 [Wii]
Hm, what's that?.. There's Anime in my Fighting Game! .. That's right, the unexpected happened once again, and after battling the western side of entertainment, Capcom decided to keep everything between japanese brands.. and then the crossover with Tatsunoko Production studios was born! --Debuting the 3D character models for the Vs. Series, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom brought back the feeling of gameplay from the first Marvel vs. Capcom (1998), while putting new ingredients in the flavor that would return in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (2011). Released first only in Japan on Arcades in 2008, subtitled as Cross Generation of Heroes, was made on Wii's hardware as base, which got its own home version; Later, in 2010, the game was finally released in the west under the new subtitle of Ultimate All-Stars, having more characters, stages and an exclusive ONline mode!

Two parallel universes were strangely merged by a mysterious source power... All people from both sides are confused and scared; Villains of these didn't waste their time and started to plan to attack while everyone is under vulnerability! But Ryu, Ken The Eagle and the others wouldn't let this happen!... During their way seeking the font of all this situation, will be there friends and powerful rivals worthy a match too!
I loved Tatsunoko VS Capcom - though it's a shame it might end up being a one-off crossover. Yatterman-1 was my favourite in the game, as well as Viewtiful Joe! As for the other point about what nationalities should be portrayed more in Street Fighter, I think it wouldn't hurt to have another Australian in Street Fighter (Part of the reason why I play as Lord Raptor in DarkStalkers. :p)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
More art from Miiverse of our favorite leading Street Fighter protagonist:

By Ethan (NNID: ethan23lol)

By Mii (NNID: CrimsonBlood)
Yknow, I always wonder why people stuck with "Character blanks in!" Or "blanks into battle!" when we only had a couple examples of each, one was an intentional joke (Mac Punches IN!) and rather then doing more creative stuff like we had with Villager, Greninja, Robin...pretty much every newcomer after the first 5 (excluding Villager.) "Fights in" doesn't really make any sense...

Ah well, could just be these guys/kids are talented artists and just wanna show that off. They don't have to be the world-warrior of tag lines, but i sure wouldn't mind. That nitpicking aside, these are awesome. And WAY better than I could do!

Sunday's coming, guys!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I should draw something on Miiverse; :T
Sunday's coming, guys!
Our countdown stands for Nintendo's Digital Event on Tuesday; but hopefully we won't need to wait much longer! =D

---Hey guys, ... so seems that something about SFV was leaked, but not sure about the credibility of this;;.. a site reported that Cammy and Birdie are present in the cast!
--and thinking about, the banana posted by Ono could refer to Birdie's hair! (and certainly he's a character that doesn't has been around a while);

Good news for me! Cannon Spikes and Spiral Arrows are (potentially) back! :3

Last edited:

AreJay25

Our countdown stands for Nintendo's Digital Event on Tuesday; but hopefully we won't need to wait much longer! =D

---Hey guys, ... so seems that something about SFV was leaked, but not sure about the credibility of this;;.. a site reported that Cammy and Birdie are present in the cast!
--and thinking about, the banana posted by Ono could refer to Birdie's hair! (and certainly he's a character that don't has been around a while);

Cammy doesn't surprise me. Birdie? Can't say I saw that coming.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

--and thinking about, the banana posted by Ono could refer to Birdie's hair! (and certainly he's a character that doesn't has been around a while);

Of course Cammy's back! She's like Chun Li's Ken! (Well, without actually being a clone.)

Would be great to see Birdie though; I never played anything but SF2 and SF4 (variants) in the main series, so it'd be great to actually see him outside Newground's Street Fighter Collab from back in the day.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
With the London stage I was expecting Eagle; but Birdie is cool!.. Regardless, is more Fighting Street reps. :p .. But I'm curious about newcomers though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Personally, I'm not a fan of Birdie at all... I don't like his design or moveset. Cammy is cool though!

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Yeah, if there's one thing that bothered me about All-Stars it was the removal of some content. I really missed the character themes in particular, but the stage music they added was still pretty good.
Well, the Tatsunoko themes were understandable because of copyright, but it wasn't really necessary to get rid of the Capcom theme too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom