• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hadooken raptor boost

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
edit:i've never knew you can hadooken a raptor boost.this would be a quick way to edgehog.this makes raptor much more safer to use when your near the edge.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
do you mean you went over the edge and hugged the edge?
could it be that you hadoykened (sp.) before falling?
i read you can do that

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Can someone post a video of this in action? I don't really understand what it's suppose to do.
I can't find the video but essentially you raptor boost towards the edge and as you make it to the end your reverse hadoken (roll right to down or left to down, depending which way your facing) and grab edge while you would normally fall to your doom as most falcons have done at least once.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Anyone else have the Street Fighter music stuck in there head now? I keep having these mental images of being in Japan with Ryu fighting Ken or Chun Li.

Smash Apprentice
I hope I didn't get it wrong, but this was known for some time?_?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
if you raptor boost to an edge and fall off, and you normally just die, but you can HADUKEN to save yourself by doing 3 and a half quarter circle rotation towards the edge

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i posted this a big while ago... and i know of an easier way to do it (works on wiimote + nunchunk, not sure if it works on gcn controller) when you raptor boost off, hold back and rapidly press downair (in my case its directional pad down) you will fast fall while still holding back and will grab the ledge.... its still not easy though, so practice up.
I dont know if it works with a gcn controller because i dont have one here to test, and i heard that csticking doesnt fast fall....

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
The usefulness of this technique isn't as promising as it could be.

I know JonaDiaper posted a while back on how he found this while messing around in the Wifi waiting room (vid included).

I would like to point out that pull this edgegrab off can be easily trumped by a full FF Edgegrab. Falcon can pull it off like any other character. With running momentum a fast fall edgeguard is harder to do than a hadoyuken, but can be pulled off with enough practice with ease.

I stopped doing the hadoyuken because of the risk factors involved. Sometimes I've slipped and ended up pulling a Falcon Kick off intead of a Raptor Boost, thus shooting me even faster to the depths of the stage instead of safely grabbing the ledge.

I've also noticed, correct me if I'm mistaken, but it seems that the process actually takes a little over a second more than a regular FF Edgegrab. With enough practice, rolling the control stick that extra 2/8ths toward the stage becomes very very easy.

I will say though, it's all player preference, there's no rule saying you have to edgegrab or pull a hadoyuken off. It's simply about what makes it easier for you. GL HF Nipplefriends

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i see your logic, but in my eyes, this isnt what this technique is for, this technique, is just a precaution move to use when you raptor boost towards an opponent standing near the ledge. they can end up dodging it, so in that case, you'd be prepared to save yourself a stock ;)

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
trying to use street fighter terms but not knowing the names of the attacks: priceless

noobs making threads: priceless

Roager

Smash Ace
trying to use street fighter terms but not knowing the names of the attacks: priceless

noobs making threads: priceless
Yeah, I'm confused too how Hadoken (the attack where you shoot a fireball out of your hands) has anything to do with raptor boost. Shoryuken (the flying uppercut) makes a bit more sense, especially since Ken's is on fire. But for this technique, you dont actually do the attack, so it doesnt fit. Plus, I thought Shoryuken was taken by Luigi's fire up-b. So, uh... yeah...

EDIT: my bad, i get it now. While Luigi's shoryuken is named as such from similarities, this was named hadoken for the input. Hadoken's input being a quarter turn, as is this. Don't hurt me...:urg:

Top Bottom