• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GW and Kirby have a Wombo Combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friend were messin around with combos for our doubles team and found a 0% to death combo aka wombo combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0su4A3CQXo

We just did this in doubles today at a tourny so it is def. possible in a competitive match. If the 9 doesn't come up you still have the opponent at 70% and just looked **** good doin it XD

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
lol that combo is a bunch of hammer spamming. The thing about that combo is luc can't dodge away. at 0% kriby gets that full combo off, into the spike which gets you sent right into kirbys drill which when taken to the ground it renders the opponent unable to do anything, like D3's chain grab. and then the throw goes right into the hammer, there is not point in time in that combo, performed correctly, that you can dodge out of it its pure hit stun. Thus its a skill combo. Like I said we did it today in a tournament match against a snake player...who knows how to dodge and sidestep and would have if he could have. trust me man, it works beautifully.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
you can SHI the u-tilt and AD, thereby ending the combo. Even fox can get away from it. This is by no means a true combo. The throw out of the d-air is escapeable, the only reason that it worked is that the snake did not try to dodge at the right times and did not know how to SDI properly. Against some one who knows how to deal with kirby throws, this wont work.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Can't you just jump out of the utilt? You can also DI the key.

Like the person above me said, if the person actually knows what he's doing then this will not work.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol the lucario player could just airdodge or simply roll away at some point
but nice combo anyway :p
how many times did you try it until you got a 9? lol

cutter's vid is a bit more impossible to escape:p
or maybe alot lol

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
Lol wombo combo is the most funniest thing to ever happen in smash

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
haha the 9 is more frequent than ya think. The snake player we played is actually one of the best DI'ers I've seen (he mains lucas and rocks the DI). I've watched my partner nail the throw, up air, uptilt kirby combo numerous times so you must REALLY have to know DI to get away from it cause we don't play scrubs and they get hit by it all day. It was still nasty to pull off in tourny play with the guy next to me freaking out smashing DI's trying to avoid the inevitable end XD.

Oh and versus fox if instead of starting at 0% you do the drill quick to grab chain and that puts him at an acceptable percent to get combo'd we experienmented with that a little.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can excuse it how you want but this is fully escapable at many points in time. Lucario is floaty too, so it should've bee even easier for him to avoid all the Kirby stuff... not to mention you can SDI the dair to the left if you need to.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good luck pulling that off consistently.

Where you at, Demonfart?

:058:

Phase

Smash Apprentice
only a select few characters can escape the grab combo from kirby with amazing sdi... everything else is inescapable. and yes the drill kick to grab works if you run immediately after landing. it has a very good chance of working, unless the person we did it to was extremely familiar with it and was god of sdi...

Good luck pulling that off consistently.

Where you at, Demonfart?

:058:
its easy...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no ALL characters can get out of gonzo combo. even fox. some can ht YOU before the first u-air (marth, yoshi mario can jump away)
drill kick ->grab does NOT work. at least its not a combo
you can di the key straight up and airdodge a followup
and you can phail and get a 1

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
why would someone even bother posting a stupid *** video like that....great combo in theory but do it in a real friendly match at least
**** was so not epic

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Absolutely.
This is not something you can consistently do, you might get it right once or twice, but not with an actual human.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cool concept, but the topics getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom