• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

D

Deleted member

AZ, just learn to FC Knights of Cydonia... you'll be set for most everything lol... also, the correct term here is "alternate strumming"... don't know where people started getting "double" strumming lol...

So yeah, I have 1 GH3 FC now :p... Sabotage... with bad SP... but if I tried, I could have around ten... I mean, songs like Bulls on Parade, Miss Murder, When You Were Young, My Name Is Jonas, Even Flow, Ruby, and Monsters are well in my FC capability, I just choke... a lot...

and I decided not to finish Leagues this time around... 1) SH fails at giving me my password, so I can't log in, so I had to start a new account... 2) When I play GH3 with my friends, I don't actually try to do well in League songs... so yeah :p...

480k on TTFaF... I either do horrible and pass, or do really good and fail... WTF

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
In case anyone was wondering, my faceplate sold for 212 dollars. :)

Hax

Smash Champion
anyone have this for 360? my GT is 'Aerialacia' i can play on expert =p

Hax

Smash Champion
circuit city and best buy had a lot last time i checked

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
anyone have this for 360? my GT is 'Aerialacia' i can play on expert =p
I'll play you. Don't expect me to go easy on you, though.
Tag's "Cowbocks". Add me. Only time I ever really get access to XBL is on Sundays, though.

In case anyone was wondering, my faceplate sold for 212 dollars. :)
Oh, don't forget that you owe me $220 for being so awesome. >_>

So yeah, I have 1 GH3 FC now :p... Sabotage... with bad SP... but if I tried, I could have around ten... I mean, songs like Bulls on Parade, Miss Murder, When You Were Young, My Name Is Jonas, Even Flow, Ruby, and Monsters are well in my FC capability, I just choke... a lot...
I think it's pretty awesome how you name all those easy songs and list Monsters as a capable FC. I'm not denying your ability to play it, but I'm close to forty FCs and Monsters still eludes me. Yeah, I can get it, but I only ever seem to hit that solo when playing Pro Face-Off. It's probably one of the more obnoxious FCs out there.

And I also gave up on leagues. I was near the bottom of the bracket; I'm just happy I qualified for AAA-1. I mean, seriously, how badass is that?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
It's Here!

My package arrives.

It comes in a sexy little box.

I took it out, and naturally- doesn't fit on my Wii guitar, so I'm selling it on ebay. It came with a letter too, but I didn't feel like taking pics. I'm happy that it's actually a custom faceplate- The GH3 logo isn't just a sticker.

I'm hoping for 200 bucks so I can get Rock Band for 360 and hopefully get the 360 for xmas.
Is...Is.. that a real, reaal ****ing guitar autograph by.. by Sl.Sla-sh..Slash!!!!!????

WTF MAN. WHY'D YOU SELL IT. (You could have sold it to me) (As long as that IS the real signature. Dude did you even notice it?????????????)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Is...Is.. that a real, reaal ****ing guitar autograph by.. by Sl.Sla-sh..Slash!!!!!????

WTF MAN. WHY'D YOU SELL IT. (You could have sold it to me) (As long as that IS the real signature. Dude did you even notice it?????????????)
Umm. Yes.

And I sold it because I knew that people like dho (yeah, it was him who bought it) would pay over 150 bucks, and keeping a piece of plastic signed by Slash isn't really worth that much to me.

And did you really have to quote my whole post?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Umm. Yes.

And I sold it because I knew that people like dho (yeah, it was him who bought it) would pay over 150 bucks, and keeping a piece of plastic signed by Slash isn't really worth that much to me.

And did you really have to quote my whole post?

Oh. Well, yeah. No, I just felt too lazy to quote only your message. Well, I understand, but if you were as big a fan like me you wouldn't wanna sell that for the world, EXCEPT of course a photo with Slash himself, signed, and with a Gibson Les Paul 59 signed by Slash.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I think it's pretty awesome how you name all those easy songs and list Monsters as a capable FC. I'm not denying your ability to play it, but I'm close to forty FCs and Monsters still eludes me. Yeah, I can get it, but I only ever seem to hit that solo when playing Pro Face-Off. It's probably one of the more obnoxious FCs out there.
Truly. I get that solo occasionally, but then i always mess up something stupid.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I actually think the solo for monsters is pretty easy if you alt. strum the whole thing. I've still never FC'd it though, so yeah. Agreed.

Man this game is ridiculous I like sticken, one, through the fire and flames,evenflow, laydown, and that new the devil went down the georgia remix. My favorite guitarist would be Lars Umlaut and I think this game is better than rock band in my opinion.

Volrec

Smash Lord
http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=4&game=8&diff=3&song=2095

Look 13th, *****es, I win. Your TTFAF 5*'s, Raining Blood FC's, and **** does not come close to this. /sarcasm

The score was actually on online pro face off hard. OF course, I don't think that matters.

Monsters? Don't play it alot, the song itself was overplayed in 2006 so I have bad history with it. But it sure is fun to tap the "Weedley-Weedley"

My progress? Hard 5*s, need One, and RAINING BLOOOOOOD, and Knights of Cydonia. I had ****loads of trouble with 3's and 7's. You need to break 200k X_X

fluffy

Smash Champion
pfft screw Slash's signature. Who wants a faceplate signed by me? Starting bid is only $200

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I actually think the solo for monsters is pretty easy if you alt. strum the whole thing. I've still never FC'd it though, so yeah. Agreed.
You and your crazy techniques that would never work for me. HO/POs are the way to go. =P

And I've never heard Monsters before GH3, so it all works out for me. =D

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
You and your crazy techniques that would never work for me. HO/POs are the way to go. =P

And I've never heard Monsters before GH3, so it all works out for me. =D
I'm not talking about the whole G Y G Y G Y R Y R Y R Y G B G B G B R R B R B trill stuff where it's going back and forth, I HO/PO that too. I'm talking about the part after that, where it's all... wierd. Lol, bad description, but play it and you'll see what I mean.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I'm not talking about the whole G Y G Y G Y R Y R Y R Y G B G B G B R R B R B trill stuff where it's going back and forth, I HO/PO that too. I'm talking about the part after that, where it's all... wierd. Lol, bad description, but play it and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah, I knew what you were talking about. The actual solo, not "Weedley-Meedley". I HO/PO the solo. At least, I did. Until today. I was getting frustrated. I decided to take your advice and strum the whole thing. I got it on my first try.

I don't understand it. The whole time I was strumming I felt so off-beat and couldn't believe that it could possibly work; but who am I to complain at success? Thanks to you, I've FC Monsters as my fifth FC today and 44th FC overall.

I also got Before I Forget today. =D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Okay so my little brothers friend is exceedingly dominant at gh3. he absolutely ***** me in TtFatF on expert.
He says actual guitar is the means of his excellence. I thought real instruments were for old people XD

fluffy

Smash Champion
How's the one for the wii? Slash has me interested. The rocker. Velvet revolver.
the wii version imo sucks. the only positive thing with the wii is that the controller is different from the rest in that the guitar makes the weird noises when you make a mistake so that it doesn't ruin the song that much. but then the graphics are so much worse from the ps3 and 360. people keep saying that the graphics don't mean much but it turns me off cuz i dont get the most out of the game. at least it's like 10 bucks cheaper than the 360 and ps3 version.

oh yea, there's no way to download songs for the wii. yet. : /

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I hate the Wii version. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Hate everything about it.

I hate the guitar. I don't know why, but I absolutely can't use it. The strum bar isn't as stiff as the 360's, so when I just kind of smack it down it bounces back up and registers an extra strum. Activating SP is based off the Wiimote motion sensor, and it goes off at the slightest movement for me. I had to turn off the rumble feature because that pissed me off; same with the noises coming out of the Wiimote.

The game. Ugh. I must be spoiled with the 360 graphics because everyone on the Wii version looks like a poorly-animated robot, and there actually is a poorly-animated robot as a character. Elroy Budvis annoys me to no end. What the hell is with the fretboard getting so transparent near the top? I can't play with Hyperspeed on the Wii because I can't read any notes until they're halfway down the fretboard. Finally, and most definetly the worst, is the blue-on-blue nonsense that happens when you use SP. Christ. I know the fretboard also turns a shade of blue on the 360, but this is just too outrageous.

Srsly, I hate the Wii version and all my friends know it.

Hax

Smash Champion
anyone w/ the 360 version who is actually good at the game wanna do co-op with me? i have no co-op achievements.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I dont own this game, my friend stays inside all day play this and my 3rd time played the game i can beat Welcome to the Jungle on Meduim is that good?

orintemple

Smash Lord
It's disappointing you reference him with Velvet Revolver and not Guns N Roses. =\
Agreed.

I love this game. Some of you people sound too good though. I am currently trying to 5 star all the hard songs. I am down to my last 4 on the main list. Knights of Cydonia is ridiculous, I don't get the timing for it. And Raining Blood is just dumb.

Oh, by the way to the poster above me. Yea that's good. You sound like you have some potential.

Hax

Smash Champion
I dont own this game, my friend stays inside all day play this and my 3rd time played the game i can beat Welcome to the Jungle on Meduim is that good?
thats really good dude.. if its REALLY your 3rd time playing

D

Deleted member

guitarhero.com sucks lol... SH is the way to go... it's far more active, and it's much more serious when it comes to fake scores...

/me needs to play every song on GH3 to post on Wii scores...

lol @ Cowboy's rant on Wii GH3... I actually have to agree with the more sensitive strum bar, I get extra strums when I hold notes while holding the strum bar down, and when I was playing on the 360 yesterday, I didn't get that...

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Cowboy's rant on Wii GH3... I actually have to agree with the more sensitive strum bar, I get extra strums when I hold notes while holding the strum bar down, and when I was playing on the 360 yesterday, I didn't get that...
I just seriously hate the Wii version. I don't often blame controllers for doing poorly because more often than not it's my own fault, but the blame totally falls on the Wii guitars.

One of these days I'm going to get a video review up of Guitar Hero 3. >_>

Top Bottom