• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

COD3PWNER

Smash Cadet
I cant get past the beginning of TTFAF on expert but I played it on practice and I can do everything else. Kinda sucks that I cant do the beginning. But anyways, I have beaten hard and almost 5-starred every song. Ive beaten 33 songs on expert and I cant get past Before I Forget (that bridge where it goes back and forth chords sucks) and 3s and 7s.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
on before I forget, just do one-three and keep shifting back and forth

for GHIII Wii owners, activision will be giving free replacements discs sometime next year to fix the no stereo issue.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
we discussed this earlier, remember? it's really just personal preference, cowboy does 13 for the whole thing including YO chords except when it's the fast RBYORB sequence.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
You're right, it's just personal preference. For some reason I thought COD3PWNER was new to the game, and that's why I said not to use 1 3 the whole time. Looking back, I can see that's obviously not true.

I just don't see how someone could move their fingers down a fret quicker than they can bring their already prepared ones down. eh.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You're right, it's just personal preference. For some reason I thought COD3PWNER was new to the game, and that's why I said not to use 1 3 the whole time. Looking back, I can see that's obviously not true.

I just don't see how someone could move their fingers down a fret quicker than they can bring their already prepared ones down. eh.
for me it's not a matter of speed, but a matter of my fingers getting confused. WHich they really shouldn't but when I'm doing it repeatedly i do.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Hey, wait a sec. I don't use 1-3 for the WHOLE thing. >_>

I use 1-3 for GY/RB chords and 2-4 for YO chords except in the quick RB RB YO RB transition, where I just slide up and hit the YO chord with 1-3.
So nyah.

I'm also up to 33 Expert FCs now if anyboy cares at all, and my My Curse score is third on SH (last I checked, anyway).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It comes from playing too much Psychobilly Freakout. >_>
I actually FC that part of PF without just using 1 3, I think it's easier, but whatever. Congrats on the 33 FCs. I think I have around 40 on Hard. I haven't really gotten started on Expert yet, the easy songs I have done are ranked in the top 5, though. I'm not great at FCing crazy solos. The most impressive FC I've ever had is probably Because it's Midnight on Hard, I could never FC something like Cult of Personality. That's why I stick to squeezeing and Hard.:)

I do enjoy playing on Expert, though- and I have my El Jefe, I just don't feel like I've accomplished anything if I don't get an FC.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I actually FC that part of PF without just using 1 3, I think it's easier, but whatever.
Whatever works, I guess. If you can pull it off, power to ya; I just can't do constant switching like that.

Congrats on the 33 FCs.
36, now. I actually got Rock and Roll all Nite and Impulse for leagues (Yeah, I don't really care who sees; nobody in this topic is in my league roster.) which I never thought I'd get either.

Speaking of leagues though, I'm doing awful in my roster. 38th place of 43 people. I'm not going to let it get to me though, because even qualifying for Expert AAA-1 means I'm one of the best players out there. Besides, there's still five people below me. =D

I'm not great at FCing crazy solos. The most impressive FC I've ever had is probably Because it's Midnight on Hard, I could never FC something like Cult of Personality. That's why I stick to squeezeing and Hard.:)
Trust me, I'm amazed at what you can do. I can't squeeze for the life of me; I find it absolutely impossible. It's really something to be able to say "I have the highest possible score on this song."

COD3PWNER

Smash Cadet
yea ive been playin gh for about a year now.

Oh and I've played Raining Blood on expert and I failed right after the beginning slow part. I have played it on practice and I didn't do too hot either.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's Here!

My package arrives.

It comes in a sexy little box.

I took it out, and naturally- doesn't fit on my Wii guitar, so I'm selling it on ebay. It came with a letter too, but I didn't feel like taking pics. I'm happy that it's actually a custom faceplate- The GH3 logo isn't just a sticker.

I'm hoping for 200 bucks so I can get Rock Band for 360 and hopefully get the 360 for xmas.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had the opportunity to win things for playing Guitar Hero.

Well, okay, I do, but that's only twice a year and I only get two $10 EB Gift Certificates each time. >=|

fluffy

Smash Champion
GAW, how did you win that face plate? sorry i just didnt feel like looking back the pages

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Back then medium meant medium, hard, and expert, not just medium. You got more points for playing expert, so that's what most people did. Plus, I have to admit, it wasn't overly skill relient, you just had to play a ton and make sure you were winning.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I'm getting this for Christmas for the Wii, it looks awesome, but I'm worried that it might be too hard for me. I was just watching some videos on You Tube and some songs look crazy.

FalcoNoJutsu

Smash Apprentice
i got to play in online today for the first time....and yes i was play on expert.

The first person i played we did best out of 3. i made him quit not even halfway during the first song(my song-Stricken). i was beatin him 17,000 to 4,000 before he quit.

The second person i played, it was just a one song round....he was the host so he picked the song....Through the fire and flames.....now i thought this dude was gonna be able to get the first part pretty good and be good at the rest of the song since he picked it...i was gettin kinda nervous....no....we didn't even get a third through the song before he quit.

The thrid person, it was best of 3 again. now this person actually got all the way through my song(Miss Murder), of course i beat him. so we played his song(Stricken). he was beatin me at first cause i always have trouble at the beginning of the song. but right before the guitar solo i started comin back...after that.....it was a wrap.....beat him in his song by like 80,000 points.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm trying to get decent at this game but I need some tips. I've beaten every song up to the Disturbed song on expert (its the only song I need left to beat on set 7). So, I guess that should give you an idea of my skill level. I haven't perfected any expert songs but I'm getting close on a few.

Conversely my girlfriend has 5 stared every expert song except raining blood (4 stars) and has perfected about 12-15 of the songs.

I need to know how to get to her level, she keeps trouncing me!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
You really have to just play a lot. Don't play too much by yourself, otherwise you might loose inteest. Just have your gf over alot and play, and you'll get better faster than her since she's already pretty good.

And Cowboy, I gotta back out of the rivalry, I just don't have time right now. Definetly back on sometime in January tho.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i can own any of you on medium.

pro face off of course. : ) that's how pro i am.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what songs would you guys suggest for getting better at double strunning, cause right now i seem to be missing a lot of the minor things. Completing songs is easy, getting the long, long strings of X4 multipliers that she can do is difficult.

I spent a few days finishing the easy-hard campaigns and trying to perfect as many songs as i could. fundamentals baby.

Also, we play a lot. By a lot, I don't mean like, an hour or two a day, I mean, we've been playing a minimun of 2 hours a day since GHIII's release and we've been playing about 6 hours a day for the last 30 days. All this work and I'm getting annoyed that the difference in our scores is still as high as it is (I lag about 20-50 k behind her perfected songs and then anywhere from 10-150k from the nonperfected songs, and this doesn't even mention that i cant do 7 or so songs).

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Eh, I played GHIII apcouple times i can beat medium on any demo song >_>( hardest is the Rock my like a Hurricane) and i like them game and prolly getting for the Wii! Anyone every play Frets on Fire(FoF) for the PC?????

Volrec

Smash Lord
what songs would you guys suggest for getting better at double strunning, cause right now i seem to be missing a lot of the minor things. Completing songs is easy, getting the long, long strings of X4 multipliers that she can do is difficult.

I spent a few days finishing the easy-hard campaigns and trying to perfect as many songs as i could. fundamentals baby.

Also, we play a lot. By a lot, I don't mean like, an hour or two a day, I mean, we've been playing a minimun of 2 hours a day since GHIII's release and we've been playing about 6 hours a day for the last 30 days. All this work and I'm getting annoyed that the difference in our scores is still as high as it is (I lag about 20-50 k behind her perfected songs and then anywhere from 10-150k from the nonperfected songs, and this doesn't even mention that i cant do 7 or so songs).

Oooh, barracuda
Dum, dumadum, dumadum

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I got GH:3 last week and the expert level has stumped me :( It's the only one of the games where I havn't been able to get through all tiers in the first go.

*complains*

Is it just me that finds these songs so much harder? :dizzy:

x

FalcoNoJutsu

Smash Apprentice
I've never had people quit when I've been running up the score. YOU MUST BE TEH AWSUMZ
I am the awsome....ima beastly ***** lol

I'm trying to get decent at this game but I need some tips. I've beaten every song up to the Disturbed song on expert (its the only song I need left to beat on set 7). So, I guess that should give you an idea of my skill level. I haven't perfected any expert songs but I'm getting close on a few.

Conversely my girlfriend has 5 stared every expert song except raining blood (4 stars) and has perfected about 12-15 of the songs.

I need to know how to get to her level, she keeps trouncing me!
Well, what i did on guitar hero 2 when i couldn't quite beat the last few songs on expert, i would just play the harder songs on hard over and over, that way i could get the harder rhythms down. Then eventually i would just move it up to expert. I don't know if that would help you but it worked for me.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
i can own any of you on medium.

pro face off of course. : ) that's how pro i am.
I'll play you lol. Medium is my forte. I finished hard and like like 33% or something on expert (percentage based on guitarhero.com) and my bro deleted my memory on GHIII Metroid and Galaxy, to get back at me for some petty thing between us. But I'm going through all modes again and im about 2/3 through hard.

Top Bottom