• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ElvenShadow's impressions leave me pleased on how Xrd is turning out.

Hearing that the speed is like X2 (although Xrd might have longer hit stop) and that burst grabs are in make me really happy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I got confused that they said Millia can "simply pick up the knife by pressing down over it"...since I thought that's how it always worked anyway, and that's what I was doing to pick it up in the first place.

But yay at the more mobility options and all that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I got confused that they said Millia can "simply pick up the knife by pressing down over it"...since I thought that's how it always worked anyway, and that's what I was doing to pick it up in the first place.

But yay at the more mobility options and all that.
My guess is that Millia's pin is back to its old self. In +R, you had to wait for the pin to start glowing again before picking it up with crouching/rolling.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Chipp vs Potemkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSkkRHBBLzA

YES! Chipp kept his D teleport!
And one of his teleports now keeps him in place? It probably replaced the P teleport, but I haven't seen the retreating one yet. And I'm guessing the old H teleport is out.

This game is looking better every time I see it.

Venom vs Ky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9ovlZ_rAo

Venom vs Millia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhqHoTYy64

Man, what the hell is Ky doing with those lightning swords?
I'm so glad I still have my D teleport, I'm just gonna go around those.

Also, I really like Millia's new outfit. Her new flower super looks like it could be terrifying once people learn how to use it.

Venom vs May
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erur7tkyQQk

Vashimus

Smash Master
Nope. Still can't believe those are 3-D models.

Really, out of all the things I've seen from companies lately that state their new games are "next-gen", they don't even come close to what ArcSys has done. THIS is truly innovation. You KNOW every other fighting game company is going to want to replicate that art style.

EDIT: More gameplay for y'all.

Sol vs May and Ky vs Sol Dragon Install Sol @ 1:20 and 4:13

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Cool, I finally got to see the new RC slowdown, looks interesting. I can't wait to see what that will add to the game.

Vashimus

Smash Master
You know importing never crossed my mind. Last game I imported was Tatsunoko vs Capcom way back when.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
These graphics...

This is sex without touching!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now all we need is to bring in more chopper backup!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can't believe I'm remembering all these old shows now. Also remembering that Double Dragon cartoon. Also Cowboys of Moo Mesa.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lord, I remember my sister used to watch Sailor Moon, while back in like grade 8 my friends and I all watched Dragon Ball Z and wondered how a 5 minute battle could take 10 half-hour episodes. X-Men was good too, though I watched a bit of Spiderman. Actually, anybody else remember that Donkey Kong Country cartoon?

Ah, good times. And to think this was like either at or before when Guilty Gear vanilla was around.:bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm a Street Shark/TMNT/Sonic kind of guy myself.

Some Gargoyles and X-Men.

Throw in Sailor Moon.

Where are we going with this.
A potentially very awesome thread.

Hey wait, if Guilty Gear can make a roster based predominantly anime tropes, why can't we make a fighting game cast based off of 90's cartoons?

D

Deleted member

>those gameplay vids

Ok, no longer upset about the cartoony art-style, the hype train is back online.

Also, Sol's new DI looks wicked!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nope. You could only cancel on hit in BB, like in regular GG. In Xrd's current build, you can RC EVERYTHING as long as you have 50% meter. This even includes throws.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom