• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guess the first pro's signed by MLG in the Brawl Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
With the recent buy out of Smash Boards by Major League Gaming, it is inevitable that they are going to start a professional circuit in 2009. Now here's my question, which Brawl players are going to be signed to play professionally? Here's the Automatic list in my opinion Azen, M2K, and DSF not sure about the others.

J4pu

Smash Champion
SK92,Sethlon,M2K,Azen,DSF and Dojo.
Sethlon but not Hylian? Hylian's been pulling out much higher tourny results from what I've seen, of course Sethlon just dropped falco (for MK i think) so he will probably be moving up.

Is Stilts considered a top level player? I saw him at the top of a major tournament results list.

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
Sethlon but not Hylian? Hylian's been pulling out much higher tourny results from what I've seen, of course Sethlon just dropped falco (for MK i think) so he will probably be moving up.

Is Stilts considered a top level player? I saw him at the top of a major tournament results list.
Oh, I forgot about Hylian :laugh: him too.
EDIT: BrawlBro yes, they sign players who are at a pro level. I think they're payed to play, but I could be wrong.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
they sign players?!

exactly what is that saying, are they sponsored or payed to play?

Yes MLG signs players. They sign the players that have the highest chance of winning there tournaments. For example, if you sign with MLG they give you a flat fee of $600, now with that $600 they keep half of the prize money you earn at their circuit of events. While if you remained unsigned, you get all of the winnings. I hope the top players are smart enough to remain unsigned so they can keep majority of the winnings.

*note the $600 figure is just an estimate

Anth0ny

Smash Master
M2K and Azen are staples. DSF as well.

Honestly, if Ken or PC show up they'll probably get signed too just because of their history with MLG.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes MLG signs players. They sign the players that have the highest chance of winning there tournaments. For example, if you sign with MLG they give you a flat fee of $600, now with that $600 they keep half of the prize money you earn at their circuit of events. While if you remained unsigned, you get all of the winnings. I hope the top players are smart enough to remain unsigned so they can keep majority of the winnings.

This is not even CLOSE to accurate. MLG does not take any money from the winnings of players that it signs and there are multiple different types of contracts they could sign a player to.

chillindude829

Smash Master
lmao, where do people come up with this stuff? i don't know much about MLG but some of these rumors that get started by people less knowledgeable about the company than me are just ridiculous. i don't think MLG will be signing any brawl players anyway

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

1. as AZ said, the nature of the contract is different for every person.

2. that was a heavily edited program and we really have no idea the true nature of anything shown on the show unless we were there.

3. but..what you're missing is this. even though KillaOR may have had to pay a "management fee on money he makes", he also probably got A. loads of free gear B. free entry into MLG events C. free travel/hotel/etc. to these events

a good deal in my book.

also its not "inevitable" that there will be a brawl circuit. most people dont even seem to take this game very seriously. it is curious that MLG would purchase smashboards though. something is in the works.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Uhhh...

Hylian, cort, m2k, azen, maaaaaybe Ken even though evo this year sucked.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i heard theres rumors of them signing up some smasher called ChiboSempai? I heard he mains ROB lol

although they should of course sign m2k dsf and azen. idk why they would sign chibo over them at first, i guess hes just that awesome

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
i heard theres rumors of them signing up some smasher called ChiboSempai? I heard he mains ROB lol

although they should of course sign m2k dsf and azen. idk why they would sign chibo over them at first, i guess hes just that awesome
Brag much? You clearly are the best Brawl player at Drexel, I can give you that much.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure of the first signed pros, but I'd just take the top 5 players from the standings of crit hit 3. Due to the community being very large, MLG will still seek it out as a competitive game. Since melee is almost dead, there is no reason they would take this site without planning on having some influence on the brawl community.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why is my name in this thread so much :(?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Wait why would MLG sign people for Brawl?
Being consistent in Brawl is just about as easy as finding a cure for cancer.
Besides, if MLG were to sign people for Brawl they'd basically have to sign everyone considering I can just pick up a controller and press Down on the c-stick with metaknight and take a stock by doing that.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Wait why would MLG sign people for Brawl?
Being consistent in Brawl is just about as easy as finding a cure for cancer.
Besides, if MLG were to sign people for Brawl they'd basically have to sign everyone considering I can just pick up a controller and press Down on the c-stick with metaknight and take a stock by doing that.
FAIL at ragging on Brawl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
MDZ - i like how u claim brawl is so eazy and u have cash's quote in ur sig of brawl being an auto paycheck, yet u havnt't earned one cent from it. prove me wrong, find me results for a REAL tourney that you've gotten top 3 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom