• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed Combo on Jiggz and Samus *Video Up*

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm sure a few Falcons knew about this, but I'm posting it here so I can spread the word.

First-hit nair> SH AC'd Knee

Hit low, and FF your remaining air time.

Works at all percents, very easy to do. I wouldn't be surprised if you can chain a few things with nair, so if anyone wants to do testing, be my guest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFt3iP80sk

Thank Chirp for the video!

Edit: I did not discover this, Knee posted this a while back, just no one seemed to know about it xD

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm sure a few Falcons knew about this, but I'm posting it here so I can spread the word.

First-hit nair> SH AC'd Knee

Works at all percents, very easy to do. I wouldn't be surprised if you can chain a few things with nair, so if anyone wants to do testing, be my guest.
I hate you.

J/K im glad Falcon is getting some good combos on some of the cast. :)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This isn't guaranteed on any other characters to my knowledge. It can work on ZSS and Peach but they're not worth mentioning.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh? A friend of mine uses a Jiggs and is really, REALLY annoying with her. This will be very helpful, thanks a bunch!

*practices like a mofo*

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
get videos now, chirp doesn't understand SH AC'd BK LOL'Z 31D'd BEEF

annoying stuff laik that ^_^

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
SH = short hop. you should know what that is before you attempt this combo.
AC = autocancel. this just means you start your aerial attack early enough so that there's no lag when you land.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's not difficult to land at all. Falcon has multiple combos on the entire roster with the FH Nair start-up. Jigglypuff is just subjected to getting kneed with it. Too good.

Also: A word of advice that I realized about this combo. If you want to get the knee to come out quick enough that Jigglypuff can't do anything about it, you'll need the FH Nair to hit her as LOW to the ground as possible. It's easy to auto-cancel the Nair into combos, since the first hit of Falcon's Nair is quite a few frames long. But the closer you start it up to the ground, the more time you have to pull off your next attack, while the character you hit (Jigglypuff in this case) is just getting bounced upward with knockback.

When trying to pull off the knee, just about every single frame matters. That's how strict it is.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Excelent example video, that's basically how I did on Training mode... yeah, it's training mode so it doesn't really count. I should try it against a friend that mains Jiggs.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I believe this works on samus also
Samus is floaty, but she doesn't go high enough, quickly enough to guarantee the rising knee. Mainly because she can buffer a NAIR to smack you away. Jigglypuff is just like LOLSEX. But I'm sure you can pull it off on Samus, just... the person can't be expecting it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I discoverd and posted this a long time ago + I posted all the other characters this works on at that time.

Editz: I quickly looked around the board, and it seems that while i was away, lordhelmet took on the job as the 'toknee' lol.

Keep at it. I aint a regular here anymore. :bee:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I discoverd and posted this a long time ago + I posted all the other characters this works on at that time.

Editz: I quickly looked around the board, and it seems that while i was away, lordhelmet took on the job as the 'toknee' lol.

Keep at it. I aint a regular here anymore. :bee:
I was just doing what kneeded to be done to help keep the boards alive. And I assumed a few people knew about this, I just wanted to spread the word.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I stand corrected. It does work on Samus, but the timing is so strict that she could just break free with a Nair otherwise. Me and Lord both tested the conditions of it, a good fifth of the time (with accurate buffering), Samus was unable to air dodge or deny the knee with her Nair.

Too good.

I'd still recommend FH Nair -> Up+B over the knee on Samus though, since shes really not difficult to hit around anyway. Better to just rack up damage on her than risking something like that.

That applies to online, not offline. Offline is a whole different story.
If you can get the timing of it down, abuse the living hell out of it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It exists Psychoace, it's called the fanfhus loop or something like that and it's a guaranteed loop/knee on ROB.
There was a thread about it long ago.

Player-3

Smash Hero
told you guys

i memorized all of knees combos

except there's never a chance to use them

knee
<3

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD.

I knew this ages ago lol I know loads of falcon techs but I don't tell anyone lolozlozolz

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
Ok, so you can do this combo on Samus and Jiggz.
But whats about other characters?

Just think that this can be also done on Rob, tried it today and looked like it was working on him, too.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Having this combo on two characters is good and all, but we need combos that are gonna work on the higher end of the tier list. We need ways to separate ICs, pwn campy Falcos, wreck Snakes, and destroy MKs. Jiggz and Samus are pretty uncommon in tourneys, offline.

And if any of you payed attention when Knee was posting loads of ATs, you would've figured this a long time ago. Fhanfus looping was the first thing I tried testing on the whole cast, and it's pretty easy to get on the floaty-er characters in the game, so follow-ups after First hit Nair were a given, in some cases.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
1.) This isn't Fhanfus Looping, it's just an additional statement in regards to Falcon's FH Nair combos. Samus and Jigglypuff can be hit with an unavoidable buffered Knee of Justice right after the FH Nair. Since that wasn't stated anywhere in the previous posts, I don't see why its a problem sharing these discoveries with the boards.

2.) We're still working on discovering things to be used against the higher tiers. A lot of good statements have already been thrown out there. About a week ago, we posted a video with setups using Falcon's Jump Canceled Glide Toss with Diddy's bananas.

Taking the time to list these things is important though, especially if they haven't been stated in a thread up to date. We can't assume that everyone knows these things right off the top of their head.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Pretty much what Darky said.

We're messed around with FH Nair combos and some banana setups, I'm sure that there is more to be discovered.

The problem with Knee's combos are that no one is (currently) at a high enough skill level to pull them off in a real match. Darky and I aim to find simpler setups and combos.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Having this combo on two characters is good and all, but we need combos that are gonna work on the higher end of the tier list. We need ways to separate ICs, pwn campy Falcos, wreck Snakes, and destroy MKs. Jiggz and Samus are pretty uncommon in tourneys, offline.

And if any of you payed attention when Knee was posting loads of ATs, you would've figured this a long time ago. Fhanfus looping was the first thing I tried testing on the whole cast, and it's pretty easy to get on the floaty-er characters in the game, so follow-ups after First hit Nair were a given, in some cases.
A worker must build the foundation before he builds the house. ;)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
1.) This isn't Fhanfus Looping, it's just an additional statement in regards to Falcon's FH Nair combos. Samus and Jigglypuff can be hit with an unavoidable buffered Knee of Justice right after the FH Nair. Since that wasn't stated anywhere in the previous posts, I don't see why its a problem sharing these discoveries with the boards.

2.) We're still working on discovering things to be used against the higher tiers. A lot of good statements have already been thrown out there. About a week ago, we posted a video with setups using Falcon's Jump Canceled Glide Toss with Diddy's bananas.

Taking the time to list these things is important though, especially if they haven't been stated in a thread up to date. We can't assume that everyone knows these things right off the top of their head.
I made this exact same thread months ago.
Only with more in-depth info.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
im here to tell you this is not guaranteed on samus. lololololol nice try though

lordhelmet

Smash Master
im here to tell you this is not guaranteed on samus. lololololol nice try though
I'm pretty sure it is, you have to hit with FH nair at the very last second, fast fall, and then buffer a SH Knee.

Tested with Darky, sometimes he could nair me, but that was most likely my error.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
"Discovered by lordhelmet." pff lol
I didn't make the thread >_>

But yeah, none of the Falcons I talk to frequently knew about it, so I don't think it's a big deal to repost it for other Falcons to know.

Edit: Wtf I did make this thread, I'll edit it

Top Bottom